Forum Settings
Forums

Between the relationship in the Movie and Tv Series , Which one is Better ??

New
Mar 9, 2008 7:05 PM

Feb 2008
Just state your though and opinion and give us a good choice ??
For me , I think that the TV series the relationship between Okazaki and Tomoya is Better and Slow ??
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 25, 2008 7:59 AM

Apr 2007
I think both had different approaches to their relationships, so I can't really say which one is better. The TV Series explored their relationship bit by bit, they grew closer in a pace that is believable and that I personally loved.

In the movie, Tomoya fell in love with Nagisa upon noticing that she was the one that completed him. There was a point that he says about Sunohara, "The difference between him and me is that he's got guts". Movie Nagisa is exactly the same. She doesn't give up even when the situation is bad, and even when they said there wasn't a chance of they acting in the drama club, she still found a way. Not only that, but they shared the same dream, the same feelings. It's more "fairy-tale like", "destiny-like".

I, personally, prefer the way KyoAni treated their relationship. We keep getting "and then they magically fell in love". A change to a believable pace is much welcomed.
Jun 4, 2008 2:11 AM

Nov 2007
AngelLily said:
I think both had different approaches to their relationships, so I can't really say which one is better. The TV Series explored their relationship bit by bit, they grew closer in a pace that is believable and that I personally loved.

In the movie, Tomoya fell in love with Nagisa upon noticing that she was the one that completed him. There was a point that he says about Sunohara, "The difference between him and me is that he's got guts". Movie Nagisa is exactly the same. She doesn't give up even when the situation is bad, and even when they said there wasn't a chance of they acting in the drama club, she still found a way. Not only that, but they shared the same dream, the same feelings. It's more "fairy-tale like", "destiny-like".

I, personally, prefer the way KyoAni treated their relationship. We keep getting "and then they magically fell in love". A change to a believable pace is much welcomed.

I agree with you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Jul 12, 2008 1:52 AM

Dec 2007
in the movie their relationship was describe shortly while in the series theire relationship was shown how its progress as the story goes on
Mar 26, 2009 6:38 AM
Mar 2009
I think they are dating weird in the movie >W< I guess I like the series more XD
Jul 1, 2009 6:01 PM

Sep 2008
That is a good question and one that i would gladly answer :) I refused to watch the movie until I completed the anime because I was aware of the amount of spoilers it held. And when I did I was extremely dissapointed with how their love grew. It was extremely fast and unrealistic. Cute yes, but that is not the reason why I love Clannad. For me Clannad is one of the few series I've watched that focuses on simple, everyday life things and makes them seem somewhat beautiful. Something that the movie failed to deliver.
In the anime however, their love took quite some time to develop. At some points, us the viewers were skeptical if Tomoya would end up with one of the other girls. Kyou and Tomoyo were not that far behind Nagisa (I always rooted for Nagisa till the end though XD). But it is thanks to this that their love grew in me unlike any other couple. It was as I said, REALISTIC. I believe that that is why it hit me way more than any other anime, the end of their love (the death of Nagisa). It devastated me and I was bawling like a little girl (hope I was not the only one XD). But unlike the anime, the movie hardly brought me a few tears.
So in my opinion Anime>Movie :P
Going totally off topic here, the creators weren't fair making Ushio look so much like Nagisa! The first time I saw her I cried all over again!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2009 5:07 AM

Sep 2008
the series... =)
the progress is slower so u can see the development as the show continue on...
the movie is short so it doesn't show much development between them...
^___^
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Jul 7, 2009 12:14 AM

Mar 2009
The TV series was MUCH better in my opinion.
Jan 14, 2010 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
TV series, of course. I loved how their relationship was shown.
Feb 8, 2010 11:27 AM

Sep 2009
Indeed, in TV it's better. I hated the movie version... In TV it was beautiful relationship.

Polscy fani, łączcie się^^"
Apr 16, 2010 3:52 AM
Apr 2010
Mayora-Hime said:
That is a good question and one that i would gladly answer :) I refused to watch the movie until I completed the anime because I was aware of the amount of spoilers it held. And when I did I was extremely dissapointed with how their love grew. It was extremely fast and unrealistic. Cute yes, but that is not the reason why I love Clannad. For me Clannad is one of the few series I've watched that focuses on simple, everyday life things and makes them seem somewhat beautiful. Something that the movie failed to deliver.
In the anime however, their love took quite some time to develop. At some points, us the viewers were skeptical if Tomoya would end up with one of the other girls. Kyou and Tomoyo were not that far behind Nagisa (I always rooted for Nagisa till the end though XD). But it is thanks to this that their love grew in me unlike any other couple. It was as I said, REALISTIC. I believe that that is why it hit me way more than any other anime, the end of their love (the death of Nagisa). It devastated me and I was bawling like a little girl (hope I was not the only one XD). But unlike the anime, the movie hardly brought me a few tears.
So in my opinion Anime>Movie :P
Going totally off topic here, the creators weren't fair making Ushio look so much like Nagisa! The first time I saw her I cried all over again!

Amen!

Jun 16, 2010 9:35 PM

Mar 2009
Kawashima said:
Indeed, in TV it's better. I hated the movie version... In TV it was beautiful relationship.

right! :D

Jun 16, 2010 10:08 PM

Feb 2009
I'm always going to pick a relationship that has more time to slowly develop, that's natural. I think the fact that the movie was a movie, and the TV series had two seperate seasons to develop them gives them a bit of an unfair advantage.

But, to answer the question, KyoAni did a very good job with their relationship. I go with them.
Sep 27, 2010 4:25 AM

Apr 2010
I like the TV version of Nagisa, and Tomoya relationship more.
They're more cute, more like a couple there. Unlike the movie,
um well not really much of great moments in they're relationship and stuffs.
Jan 22, 2011 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
Mayora-Hime
Going totally off topic here, the creators weren't fair making Ushio look so much like Nagisa! The first time I saw her I cried all over again![/quote said:

Exactly! It wasn't fair at all.. =[
When I saw Ushio, it was just the saddest thing ;__;
May 16, 2011 4:11 AM

Feb 2011
TV series of course. ^____^ their relationship in TV series is more beautiful and going slowly naturaly.
Oct 28, 2011 8:33 PM
Jul 2010
I'm not really interested by watching the movie, I feel I'll be disappointed...
Nov 6, 2011 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
The t.v series was much better because you got to know the character better and you just care for them so much more.
But still the movie is really worth the watch.
Nov 18, 2011 8:10 PM

Jun 2007
I saw the movie before the series and thought it was well made, and then watched the series and the movie instantly was pushed to the side XD With the movie Tomoya hears Nagisa talk about the illusionary world and instantly falls in love almost unnaturally...where with the series you can see the development of them as individuals and as a couple. I also love how they not only grow as boyfriend and girlfriend but also as a married couple and the struggles they go throughout both. Truly the series sooo pwns the movie especially in terms of their relationship.
Aug 24, 2012 9:08 PM

Aug 2012
Even though I haven't watched the movie yet, I'm definite that the TV series shows better developing of their relationship.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» 1000 reasons why we love TomoyaXNagisa.

SakuraMamiya - May 11, 2010

26 by kanon-chan »»
Dec 24, 2015 9:06 AM

Sticky: » Tomoya and Nagisa Image thread.

Yandere - Jul 25, 2008

23 by kanon-chan »»
Dec 24, 2015 8:23 AM

» Tomoya x Nagisa in the new English dub-And how their feelings are portrayed in the English dub.

windeen-windy - Apr 8, 2010

17 by Demosthene »»
Sep 26, 2015 9:57 AM

» Special/Limited Edition Card celebrating 500 + members-Only 175 requests will be taken! ( 1 2 3 4 )

windeen-windy - Apr 24, 2010

183 by Krayzel »»
Oct 28, 2011 8:28 PM

» Member Card Requests ^^ [CLOSED~Temporary] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MissColzyChan - Jul 14, 2009

297 by XenaChan »»
Sep 7, 2011 3:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.