Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 24, 2017 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
I mean it's just that if you put things inbetween the joycons and the console then the control stick just doesn't work.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 24, 2017 8:28 AM

Jul 2007
Zelda previews are up and they are glowing. Best Zelda game ever created and one of the best games of generation.

black1blade said:
I mean it's just that if you put things inbetween the joycons and the console then the control stick just doesn't work.

In this case nothing that firmware update can't fix actually. Its way less of a hardware issue than with Sony's DS3.
Feb 24, 2017 10:11 AM

Jun 2014
Not a good start, especially for a console that many are skeptical about.

Fai said:
Best Zelda game ever created and one of the best games of generation.

That's a bold statement for someone who hasn't even played the game yet.

Feb 24, 2017 10:19 AM

Jul 2007
Seiya said:

Nice alternative facts that just are not true beyond niche gaming forums like here or gamefaqs. Switch has huge hype built up around it.

Fai said:
Best Zelda game ever created and one of the best games of generation.

That's a bold statement for someone who hasn't even played the game yet.[/quote][/quote]
Not my statement so I don't see why you need to resort to adhominems about whether I played the game or not.
Feb 24, 2017 10:23 AM

Jun 2014
Fai said:
Seiya said:

Nice alternative facts that just are not true beyond niche gaming forums like here or gamefaqs. Switch has huge hype built up around it.

[/quote]
Not my statement so I don't see why you need to resort to adhominems about whether I played the game or not.[/quote]

You never could take criticism, could you?

I don't have anything against Nintendo, and most of my favorite games are on Nintendo consoles, but I just don't have high hopes for the Switch. I don't want the Switch to fail, but I don't really care if it succeeds or not, because Nintendo won't stop making games either way.

Feb 24, 2017 11:07 AM

Jan 2013
Seiya said:
Fai said:

Not my statement so I don't see why you need to resort to adhominems about whether I played the game or not.[/quote]

You never could take criticism, could you?

I don't have anything against Nintendo, and most of my favorite games are on Nintendo consoles, but I just don't have high hopes for the Switch. I don't want the Switch to fail, but I don't really care if it succeeds or not, because Nintendo won't stop making games either way.[/quote]Oh don't say things like that or you might jinx it.
Feb 24, 2017 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
[quote=Narmy message=49774097][quote=Major123 message=49772969][quote=Elegade message=49772718]
Major123 said:
Narmy said:

We know the specs though. It's a gimmick machine.
It doesn't matter, pre-orders have sold out and specs never have defined whether or not a console would sell. The Wii was one big gimmick but it became the 2nd highest selling console, with terrible graphics as well.

Can't call something the best when it hasn't even come out yet. :^) Plus it's also on the Wii U anyway, so that's not a reason to buy a new console.

It doesn't matter that it hasn't come out, its Zelda. It sells itself. Comparing it to the PS4 and Xbone launch its doing a much better job.
Feb 24, 2017 12:43 PM

Jan 2015
Well, lets give it a few months to see how support is to see if this thing is going to sink or swim. Hopefully heat isn't much of an issue.

On another note, what a bunch of boring IPs. I never understood the appeal of any of them.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Feb 24, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2010
I will never understand the hype behind Zelda, seems like pure nostalgia to me.
Feb 24, 2017 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Vanisher said:
It really is. Everyone wants their Ocarina of Time clone with HD graphics and complains when it doesn't come close. This is why Skyward Sword is hated by most fans of the series, by the way, despite it being a perfectly good game.
Feb 24, 2017 5:50 PM

Jun 2014
Syrup- said:
Vanisher said:
It really is. Everyone wants their Ocarina of Time clone with HD graphics and complains when it doesn't come close. This is why Skyward Sword is hated by most fans of the series, by the way, despite it being a perfectly good game.

I've always wanted to play Skyward Sword, but everywhere on eBay they still want $50 or more for it, and I'm not paying $50 for a video game.

Feb 24, 2017 5:53 PM

Feb 2016
Seiya said:
Syrup- said:

I've always wanted to play Skyward Sword, but everywhere on eBay they still want $50 or more for it, and I'm not paying $50 for a video game.

Most games are $60....
PSN:ShadowStrike002

2x national and 2x all-American wrestler

Feb 24, 2017 5:59 PM

Jun 2014
Shadowtheking said:
Seiya said:

Most games are $60....

When they're new. I don't buy new games. I wait 7 or 8 years after a console is discontinued before purchasing a certain console second hand, and get games for it for a fraction of its original cost.

One thing I hate about the American pricing system, is that rather than base game prices on rarity, they go for demand, which makes no sense, and should be illegal. Why are some of the most common Mario games expensive? In Japan, all 3 of the N64 Mario Party games are only worth $5 a piece, but the eBay prices of the North American versions are insane, so I imported the Japanese ones.

Feb 24, 2017 6:11 PM

Feb 2016
Seiya said:
Shadowtheking said:

Most games are $60....

When they're new. I don't buy new games. I wait 7 or 8 years after a console is discontinued before purchasing a certain console second hand, and get games for it for a fraction of its original cost.

One thing I hate about the American pricing system, is that rather than base game prices on rarity, they go for demand, which makes no sense, and should be illegal. Why are some of the most common Mario games expensive? In Japan, all 3 of the N64 Mario Party games are only worth $5 a piece, but the eBay prices of the North American versions are insane, so I imported the Japanese ones.

Ya that's a smart way to play. I have to ask how do you avoid spoilers?

Feb 24, 2017 6:23 PM

Jun 2014
Shadowtheking said:
Seiya said:

Ya that's a smart way to play. I have to ask how do you avoid spoilers?

What spoilers? I don't read up on games I've never played.

Feb 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Apr 2011
Syrup- said:
Vanisher said:

People hate SS? I loved that game, and I am definitely a harecore zelda fan. Wtf.

Also, the Switch is selling out most everywhere, BOTW is sold out for most editions, except for standard and wii u, and yet we have biased kids on here telling others that the Switch is a 'failure'. Hilarious.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Feb 24, 2017 7:42 PM

May 2010
Syrup- said:
Vanisher said:
Wait what.

I'll admit SS doesn't get a lot of love. Maybe I have a unique standpoint on this.

One of the good things about the Zelda series is its disconnect between each title, and Skyward Sword does the unthinkable and creates an origin story for Zelda itself, cementing itself as the beginning of the timeline. This is sin #1.

Sin #2: Loftwings

Everything else about the game is pretty cool. An unfair amount of people judged it for its motion controls, which the motion controls are actually top notch. Perhaps if it included a way to play without motion controls then more people would like the game. The style and characters are all great, and the dungeons are at least par for the course, while the underworld in general is quite nice. The biggest problem with the game is all of the flying, which turned out to be not fun.

As for Zelda itself as a series, and what draws me to it. Perhaps it's fueled by early exposure to magic, knights, and fantasy wonderlands. You pick up a movie like Sword in the Stone as a young child and maybe that inspires you to grow a love for Zelda. That said Zelda as a series has transformed over the years. With the advent of facial expressions and animations, as well as body language, ever since Ocarina of Time the series has taken on a drastic turn on what drives the pace of the game.

Basically, ever since Link could emote we've been given a plot that is fueled more by emotion than anything else. The love of adventure and the thrill of proving to the world that you can accomplish all of these amazing things on your own, and save the world. In Skyward Sword a lot of communication with other NPC's is cut off while you're exploring dungeons and the like, which may impact the enjoyment of those who really loved the emotional aspect of the games. On the flip side it's full of adventure, still providing an adequate gaming experience.

They each take a different approach to getting you to enjoy the game, and it's exciting to see what Nintendo thinks up next.

A lot of devs are into open world designs these days, which quite frankly I find to be frustrating, since they suck at it more often than not, or it results in a game like MGS5 that remains incomplete. However Nintendo often defies expectations and finds answers to everything, and it's genuinely exciting to see what they can accomplish with open world Zelda.

Maybe it's obvious but I favor the 3D games more than the 2D. Ocarina of Time is my 2nd favorite game of all time (right under FF7). I do enjoy the 2D games though, I just don't find them quite as enjoyable or memorable. Zelda I or Link to the Past was my first Zelda game (can't recall which between the two), but I don't hold either of those games in a high regard compared to the rest of the series. I try to be careful not to mix in Nostalgia when I craft my opinions. Just to be clear, I do have nostalgia for LttP. I'll always have fond memories of the overall design of the game and especially the beginning of the game.
ThrashinuvaFeb 24, 2017 7:46 PM
Feb 24, 2017 8:03 PM

Jul 2015
*yawns* another Nintendo bashing thread. It's getting really old.

@Thrashinuva funny because while I still love aLttP and think it's one of the best games I ever played, I can barely touch OoT without falling asleep. I played and loved both as a child. OoT's atmosphere is excellent (and MM is even better in that aspect) but the gameplay... eeew.
Feb 24, 2017 8:21 PM

Jun 2014
Clebardman said:
*yawns* another Nintendo bashing thread. It's getting really old.

@Thrashinuva funny because while I still love aLttP and think it's one of the best games I ever played, I can barely touch OoT without falling asleep. I played and loved both as a child. OoT's atmosphere is excellent (and MM is even better in that aspect) but the gameplay... eeew.

I've always enjoyed aLttp more than Oot as well. Oot isn't a bad game, but as far as I'm concerned, it can't hold a candle to aLttp.

That being said, it's been roughly 17 or 18 years since I last put my Oot cartridge in my N64, so maybe soon I'll play through it again, just because it's been nearly 2 decades since I have.

Feb 24, 2017 8:37 PM

Jul 2015
@Seiya I tried to finish it again recently and gave up after the Shadow Temple. The games holds up pretty well up until that point, and I even liked the Water Temple (heh), but it's clear that the level designers were running out of ideas after that. If the gameplay itself was good it wouldn't be a problem (Half-Life 1 and 2 have some pretty rushed and meh late levels), but it's not. OoT has some of the most underwhelming combat I saw. I caught myself running through enemy packs, avoinding them as much as possible just because health is plentiful and taking a heart of damage is better than falling asleep trying to kill three dodongos.

The Stalfos/Lizalfos fights are great, I'll concede that. The atmosphere is completely different from aLttP, and probably one of the best in VG's history. But slashing monsters never was more boring than in OoT... When you're actually slashing monsters, and not sloving puzzles with chickens, or wandering around with your rumble pack and bag of bombs, searching for useless caves.

I don't know, I still like a lot of games with broken or unbalanced gameplays (Secret of Evermore, or the first Fallout) mostly because of their worlds and ways to tell a story... but not OoT. I just can't.
DeathkoFeb 24, 2017 8:40 PM
Feb 24, 2017 8:49 PM

Jun 2014
Clebardman said:
@Seiya I tried to finish it again recently and gave up after the Shadow Temple. The games holds up pretty well up until that point, and I even liked the Water Temple (heh), but it's clear that the level designers were running out of ideas after that. If the gameplay itself was good it wouldn't be a problem (Half-Life 1 and 2 have some pretty rushed and meh late levels), but it's not. OoT has some of the most underwhelming combat I saw. I caught myself running through enemy packs, avoinding them as much as possible just because health is plentiful and taking a heart of damage is better than falling asleep trying to kill three dodongos.

The Stalfos/Lizalfos fights are great, I'll concede that. The atmosphere is completely different from aLttP, and probably one of the best in VG's history. But slashing monsters never was more boring than in OoT... When you're actually slashing monsters, and not sloving puzzles with chickens, or wandering around with your rumble pack and bag of bombs, searching for useless caves.

I don't know, I still like a lot of games with broken or unbalanced gameplays (Secret of Evermore, or the first Fallout) mostly because of their worlds and ways to tell a story... but not OoT. I just can't.

I loved Secret of Evermore, and I own it CIB. I love the alchemy system, and levelling up spells and weapons is a lot of fun. Also, finding hidden ingredients in the wild is really neat.

Feb 24, 2017 11:26 PM

Jul 2007
AngelicTotoro said:
Syrup- said:

People hate SS? I loved that game, and I am definitely a harecore zelda fan. Wtf.

Also, the Switch is selling out most everywhere, BOTW is sold out for most editions, except for standard and wii u, and yet we have biased kids on here telling others that the Switch is a 'failure'. Hilarious.

SS hatred mainly comes to two factors:
- Limited size areas.
- More difficult motion controls.

And yeah the only real negativity for Switch is pretty much within vocal minority of people.

Zelda is pretty much getting universal praise so far. Its one of the most innovative games in the franchise and overall one of the most innovative open world games.

And there's still things being discovered that blow people's minds:

zeus81 said:
Fai said:
Zelda previews are up and they are glowing. Best Zelda game ever created and one of the best games of generation.
How could a clone of Skyrim be the best Zelda, it makes no sense we can barely call this a Zelda game. Or maybe it will be the best Zelda for Skyrim fans who don't like Zelda.

There's absolutely no similarities between Zelda and Skyrim beyond both being open world. It has some similarities to Morrowind(which is nothing like Skyrim), but beyond that its still completely different gameplay focus and choices.
Feb 25, 2017 1:51 AM

May 2009
Here are my two cents on the whole switch drama.

It'll have a weak launch like 3DS, however it'll pick up like the 3DS (I hope, otherwise RIP nintendo). What Nintendo did good was with it's marketing, they aren't promoting it like a console but rather more of a handheld. Most casuals in my enviroment knows about the switch and it's capabilities and think it's really fucking neat to have such a high end handheld device wherever they are. The 2.5 battery life wouldn't be much of an issue to me as I rarely go outdoors with my 3DS, if I am outside I rarely have the time to play 2.5 hours in the first place. Nothing an 3rd party device can't fix (besides the USB port allows for portable charging, so there is your fix to game 6 hours straight outdoors)

I won't be picking up the switch at launch as I am not an idiot to buy a game+Console/handheld which is also on the WiiU (Not to mention Mass Effect and NieR drop next month as well). Wn the Switch has a more 1st party titles I'll consider getting it.

Although they'll need to fix that whole Joycon drama asap.
Feb 25, 2017 2:28 AM

Apr 2011
Fai said:

SS hatred mainly comes to two factors:
- Limited size areas.
- More difficult motion controls.

And yeah the only real negativity for Switch is pretty much within vocal minority of people.

Zelda is pretty much getting universal praise so far. Its one of the most innovative games in the franchise and overall one of the most innovative open world games.

And there's still things being discovered that blow people's minds:

Hn, well, I was able to completely master the controls up until the final boss fight, which was frustrating, but still. I think that the only reasonable complaint is the map size, because it was small, and it was recycled. However, the lanayru desert area more than made up for it imo.

Anyway, perhaps I shouldn't have clicked the spoiler, something as spooky as that deserves to be discovered in game! [it did increase my hype that much more though.]
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Feb 25, 2017 3:15 AM

Jul 2007
Anyway Zelda BOTW got 10/10 from EDGE becoming 19th game they ever gave that score to in span of 24 years.

Some press reactions too indicating the thoughts on it:
Feb 25, 2017 8:44 AM

Jun 2014
Fai said:
Anyway Zelda BOTW got 10/10 from EDGE becoming 19th game they ever gave that score to in span of 24 years.

Lol, EDGE? Nobody cares about their reviews. They've given low scores to some of the best games I've ever played, so I wouldn't pay attention to what they say.

Feb 25, 2017 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
Thrashinuva said:
Syrup- said:
Wait what.

I'll admit SS doesn't get a lot of love. Maybe I have a unique standpoint on this.

One of the good things about the Zelda series is its disconnect between each title, and Skyward Sword does the unthinkable and creates an origin story for Zelda itself, cementing itself as the beginning of the timeline. This is sin #1.
Wait what? I don't get how that's a sin at all. Do you hate timelines or something? Is that what it is? The timeline is bullshit but I don't think that's really enough to condemn the game at all.

Everything else about the game is pretty cool. An unfair amount of people judged it for its motion controls, which the motion controls are actually top notch. Perhaps if it included a way to play without motion controls then more people would like the game. The style and characters are all great, and the dungeons are at least par for the course, while the underworld in general is quite nice. The biggest problem with the game is all of the flying, which turned out to be not fun.
I don't think the people complaining about motion controls thought the flying was bad. I've heard people complaining about the sword controls the most, but I really feel that comes down to being uncoordinated when it comes to hand-eye motion. The flying in that game was great, with the Wiimote acting as the bird itself. You tilt the remote to the side? The bird follows the motion and swoops like a real bird. Point it nose down? It starts accelerating. The damn bird could even stall.

I think Nintendo deserves props for it more than anything. It's the biggest double standard I've ever seen. "Nintendo is doing something new? Fuck Nintendo! They ruined a perfectly good game!' -BOTW- 'Nintendo is doing something new? Fuck you for thinking that's wrong REEEEEEEEEE SWITCH CAN'T FAIL'

As for that 2d vs 3d crap I really think that's a matter of preference that we'll never agree on. I hate 3d games and prefer to look at nice sprites in the place of all this lens flare and bloom crap. I swear to fuck if I see CA in a Nintendo game I will fucking smash the console, since that seems to be the new hip trend.

Seiya said:
Wait just a bit longer. It's not an amazing 10/10 game, but it definitely deserves far more praise than it gets. I liked it more than OOT but maybe not as much as Windwaker. My favourite of the series is LttP, btw.
Feb 25, 2017 9:08 AM

Jun 2014
Syrup- said:
Thrashinuva said:
Wait what.

Wait what? I don't get how that's a sin at all. Do you hate timelines or something? Is that what it is? The timeline is bullshit but I don't think that's really enough to condemn the game at all.

I don't think the people complaining about motion controls thought the flying was bad. I've heard people complaining about the sword controls the most, but I really feel that comes down to being uncoordinated when it comes to hand-eye motion. The flying in that game was great, with the Wiimote acting as the bird itself. You tilt the remote to the side? The bird follows the motion and swoops like a real bird. Point it nose down? It starts accelerating. The damn bird could even stall.

I think Nintendo deserves props for it more than anything. It's the biggest double standard I've ever seen. "Nintendo is doing something new? Fuck Nintendo! They ruined a perfectly good game!' -BOTW- 'Nintendo is doing something new? Fuck you for thinking that's wrong REEEEEEEEEE SWITCH CAN'T FAIL'

As for that 2d vs 3d crap I really think that's a matter of preference that we'll never agree on. I hate 3d games and prefer to look at nice sprites in the place of all this lens flare and bloom crap. I swear to fuck if I see CA in a Nintendo game I will fucking smash the console, since that seems to be the new hip trend.

Seiya said:
Wait just a bit longer. It's not an amazing 10/10 game, but it definitely deserves far more praise than it gets. I liked it more than OOT but maybe not as much as Windwaker. My favourite of the series is LttP, btw.

Do you think that Breath of the Wild will drive the price of Skyward Sword down? Because I hope so.

Feb 25, 2017 9:23 AM

Feb 2016
No Zelda games stay about the same if anything I see SS going up since switch has no Wii VC.

Feb 25, 2017 9:31 AM

Jan 2013
Seiya said:
Do you think that Breath of the Wild will drive the price of Skyward Sword down? Because I hope so.
I'd keep an eye out for low priced copies, since you tend to get the idiots who want to just get rid of the thing so they can liquidate it for the new game, but I wouldn't be too optimistic about it. If there's a chance it will go down, it's definitely around BOTW, yeah. Otherwise you could always hack your Wii and get a copy from your "neighbours". Literally borrowing it from a friend might be an even better idea.
Feb 25, 2017 9:42 AM

Aug 2012
Eh, i'm a sucker for Nintendo since the NES. They bring new first/second party games on a new console, i will buy it.
Feb 25, 2017 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
Syrup- said:
Seiya said:
I'd keep an eye out for low priced copies, since you tend to get the idiots who want to just get rid of the thing so they can liquidate it for the new game, but I wouldn't be too optimistic about it. If there's a chance it will go down, it's definitely around BOTW, yeah. Otherwise you could always hack your Wii and get a copy from your "neighbours". Literally borrowing it from a friend might be an even better idea.

I don't have any friends who own a Wii, and I don't believe in hacking consoles. I live in a rural area where game stores and second hand stores don't exist. I buy all of my video games on eBay, because that's the only place I can buy them.

Feb 25, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2011
Nintendo games in general are overpriced, even years after release. If anything the price will just go up the longer you wait.
Feb 25, 2017 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
Narmy said:
Nintendo games in general are overpriced, even years after release. If anything the price will just go up the longer you wait.

It seems to happen more in North America than Japan. In Japan, the really common, popular games become really cheap when they get old. That's why I love to import games. Rockman 7 only cost me $15 Canadian.

Feb 25, 2017 11:06 AM

Sep 2014
no new mario game no care
Feb 25, 2017 11:23 AM

May 2010
Syrup- said:
Thrashinuva said:
Wait what.

It's just changing the core concept of not having a timeline at all. It's Nintendo giving in to the fans desires to have all the games linked when they really weren't before. I really just have an issue with Nintendo giving up and saying that the timeline that people thought of is what is true just because it makes sense and not because that's how they thought of it.

Don't get me wrong the controls are great. The flying controls are great. The flying sections themselves, however, are terrible. Flying isn't fun and it's slow. It serves as a 2 minute buffer between you and your general destination, and after you do it for the first few times it loses any charm that it had.

I loved Skyward Sword. The flying sections were just the biggest downside to me.

Seiya said:
Wait just a bit longer. It's not an amazing 10/10 game, but it definitely deserves far more praise than it gets. I liked it more than OOT but maybe not as much as Windwaker. My favourite of the series is LttP, btw.[/quote]Just softmod your wii. It's really easy.
Feb 25, 2017 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
Thrashinuva said:
Syrup- said:
It's just changing the core concept of not having a timeline at all. It's Nintendo giving in to the fans desires to have all the games linked when they really weren't before. I really just have an issue with Nintendo giving up and saying that the timeline that people thought of is what is true just because it makes sense and not because that's how they thought of it.

Don't get me wrong the controls are great. The flying controls are great. The flying sections themselves, however, are terrible. Flying isn't fun and it's slow. It serves as a 2 minute buffer between you and your general destination, and after you do it for the first few times it loses any charm that it had.

I loved Skyward Sword. The flying sections were just the biggest downside to me.

Seiya said:
Just softmod your wii. It's really easy.[/quote]

What are the chances of bricking a Wii with a softmod?

Feb 25, 2017 11:34 AM

May 2010
Seiya said:
Thrashinuva said:
Just softmod your wii. It's really easy.

Using letterbomb, if you follow the steps correctly it's basically zero.
Feb 25, 2017 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
Thrashinuva said:
Seiya said:

Using letterbomb, if you follow the steps correctly it's basically zero.

Well then, I'll give it a try sometime.

Feb 25, 2017 1:14 PM
Jun 2015
AngelicTotoro said:
Syrup- said:

Launch consoles almost always sell out in the beginning. This console is worse than a 5 year old gaming console. To make matters worse, the other consoles are upgrading to their next generation hardware soon. Nintendo seems to not have learned that really shitty hardware is not going to attract a lot of third party developers and you cannot rely completely on exclusive games unless you are releasing them at a steady pace. Its why the Wii u was a complete failure; it was worse than the xbox 360, it lacked a steady release of first party titles and horrible third party support. Nintendo's xenophobic business model is going to kill their console gaming line.
Feb 25, 2017 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly I wouldn't really care much about the Switch, however isn't the entire joycon issue more so because of the sync? If so, I dunno if this is correct but it isnt much of an issue if its just the connection being interrupted or Idk... maybe its the infrared connection and the hands might block it because they joycons are too small.
Feb 25, 2017 3:07 PM

Jul 2016
GameExplain explained (duh) the issue of the JoyCons, dear haters. Yes, it sucks that this problem exists but isn't on the same level of a red ring of dead.

Over the Zelda issue, my favorite ones are Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Minish Cap. But I love almost all the titles, the one that I don't love is Zelda II but is because I suck at it.
Feb 25, 2017 4:07 PM

Jan 2015
Fai said:
How much money gets put into your bank account ever time you vehemently defend every single choice or product that comes out of Nintendo?
Feb 25, 2017 8:17 PM

Sep 2007
Status_Effect said:
Fai said:
How much money gets put into your bank account ever time you vehemently defend every single choice or product that comes out of Nintendo?
2edgy4me. No, really, what is EDGE? Never heard of them. Is this fake news?

Feb 26, 2017 1:40 AM

Jul 2007
Seiya said:
Fai said:

Lol, EDGE? Nobody cares about their reviews. They've given low scores to some of the best games I've ever played, so I wouldn't pay attention to what they say.

Sounds like you are just angry that your favorite games were not worth maximum score for EDGE's reviewers.

Or are you really thinking that reviews are meant to be somehow "objective"(which is impossible because a review is an opinion piece in on itself and thus subjective)

Nek0 said:
2edgy4me. No, really, what is EDGE? Never heard of them. Is this fake news?

Oh just one of most famous long-running gaming magazines worldwide, that is published in UK and that has been in the market since 1993 and only gave the maximum score to total of 19 games during all those years. Its arguably one of the most influential magazines with most industry contacts.

Status_Effect said:
Fai said:

Wow, nice argumentation bruh. You should try to apply for a job at the current white house. They are all about that kind of "arguments" now.
AhenshihaelFeb 26, 2017 1:46 AM
Feb 26, 2017 2:32 AM

Nov 2016
Edge Magazine.. Metal Gear Solid wasn't 10/10 worthy but Halo 3 and Rock Band 3 were? The fuck?
Get that hillbilly publication out of here.
Feb 26, 2017 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
SpamuraiSensei said:
Edge Magazine.. Metal Gear Solid wasn't 10/10 worthy but Halo 3 and Rock Band 3 were? The fuck?

Reviews are subjective. Review is pretty much a single writer's opinion with the said writer presenting arguments on why they hold that opinion. The fact that EDGE journalists liked different games than you changes nothing that they only saw 19 games total worthy of 10/10 and BOTW is one of them.

TBQH no MGS was worth a full on 10/10 as they all, albeit great games, have very solid flaws. MGS4 overtly relied on cutscenes, MGS5 is half the game, MGS 3 despite being fan favorite still had plenty of technical and gameplay issues. Not to mention MGS 3 and 4 and 5 had quite a bit of problematic content which was especially overflowing in MGS5(and no Kojima I did not get to be ashamed of my deeds and words just because you added a silly excuse for it). Relevant parts of MGS franchise still has scores from 8 to 9 which is entirely justified.

Rock Band 3 was the pinnacle of "pretend musician party games" and is universally regarded as easily the best music game released. So?
Halo 3 was easily gameplay perfection for a console shooter and story is subjective. So?
Feb 26, 2017 3:45 AM

Aug 2014
I definitely am looking forward a lot to breath of the wild as it looks like an utterly fantastic game. People can speculate about the switch burning or crashing or being an epic failure all they want, but pretending like zelda isn't going to be great is dumb. I mean honestly I'm not that big a fan of 3d zelda (in terms of the gameplay mechanics) and my fav zelda is probably a link between worlds but the idea of a zelda game about free open world exploration like the original zelda is awesome. Unlike a lot of other big open world games, botw seems like it is focused on your you interact with the world in a natural way rather in skyrim where it's all about doing to same task 1000 times to max out your level in it.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 26, 2017 8:38 AM

Nov 2016
Fai said:
SpamuraiSensei said:

Reviews are subjective. Review is pretty much a single writer's opinion with the said writer presenting arguments on why they hold that opinion. The fact that EDGE journalists liked different games than you changes nothing that they only saw 19 games total worthy of 10/10 and BOTW is one of them.

TBQH no MGS was worth a full on 10/10 as they all, albeit great games, have very solid flaws. MGS4 overtly relied on cutscenes, MGS5 is half the game, MGS 3 despite being fan favorite still had plenty of technical and gameplay issues. Not to mention MGS 3 and 4 and 5 had quite a bit of problematic content which was especially overflowing in MGS5(and no Kojima I did not get to be ashamed of my deeds and words just because you added a silly excuse for it). Relevant parts of MGS franchise still has scores from 8 to 9 which is entirely justified.

Rock Band 3 was the pinnacle of "pretend musician party games" and is universally regarded as easily the best music game released. So?
Halo 3 was easily gameplay perfection for a console shooter and story is subjective. So?

When a magazine is only able to give 19 perfect scores in over a 20 year period... Somethings probably off with that publication.

MGS was revolutionary for it's time and got perfect scores across the board. EDGE is just too fancy for that amirte? Halo 3 and Rockband just set the bar too high.

Breath of the wild is probably an awesome game.

But come on bro. Half the people in this thread have never even heard of EDGE magazine.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

29 by _Nette_ »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by Zettaiken »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.