Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Puzzle & Dragons Cross' Gets Second Season

New
Feb 21, 2017 9:48 AM

Nov 2007
It has been announced via the Puzzle & Dragon Fifth Anniversary event on Monday that Puzzle & Dragons Cross will get a second season. More information will be released at a later date.

Puzzle & Dragons Cross is based on the mobile game by GungHo Online Entertainment in 2012. It is available on both android and iOS systems and has been downloaded more than 30 million times in Japan. The game also received two Nintendo 3DS ports in July 2016 and is available in two versions: Kami no Shou and Ryuu no Shou. A manga adaptation drawn by Momota Inoue began serialization in the May 2016 issue of CoroCoro Comic. There is currently one compiled volume available, with the second volume releasing on February 28.

The first TV anime is being produced by Studio Pierrot and began its broadcast in Summer 2016. It is currently airing with 33 episodes so far. FUNimation Entertainment is streaming the anime in Japanese and with English dubs.

Source: Famitsu
NaruleachFeb 25, 2017 11:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 21, 2017 11:45 AM

Oct 2014
Anime so bad and unknown, no one bothers to care for it. Wow :D
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Feb 21, 2017 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Iizbakaokay said:

Not sure about the anime but the game is so popular. In JP AppStore, Puzzles & Dragon cross always topping in top 10. Right now it's no.1.
Feb 21, 2017 11:55 AM

Oct 2014
Yaoi-Senpai said:
Iizbakaokay said:
Not sure about the anime but the game is so popular. In JP AppStore, Puzzles & Dragon cross always topping in top 10. Right now it's no.1.
Of course, I was being sarcastic there. It's suicidal to have a second season if there's not a market for it. Of course I am not that much of an idiot. I rate myself as probably being the idiot in a crowd of 5 people. So if you see 5 people, one of them is as idiotic as me.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Feb 21, 2017 2:10 PM
Mar 2012
Yaoi-Senpai said:

Supposedly about 37 million views on streaming according to Gungho report earlier this month. I guess it's just not discussed much here probably because of the main target audience.
Feb 21, 2017 4:08 PM

Mar 2015
my main question is why it's not even being long run to begin with...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 21, 2017 8:25 PM

Jan 2010
I couldn't get past the first few episodes of the first season. I still can't believe that it adapted as an anime, I even see merch for it. How. What audience is this mainly catering to? Kiddos?

I have spent so much money on this game for magic stones and Godfest. Is this where the P&D slaves' money going to?
Feb 22, 2017 1:11 AM

Jan 2016
yayyyyy :D I liked S1
Feb 22, 2017 1:24 AM

Apr 2012
That is good news, this anime is pretty laid-back.

Curious as to what that means episode wise though, like when does finish season 1? at episode 36? 50?
Feb 22, 2017 2:27 AM

Apr 2012
@Z4k
ok then, thanks
Feb 22, 2017 3:10 AM
Sep 2013
cottonpie said:
I couldn't get past the first few episodes of the first season. I still can't believe that it adapted as an anime, I even see merch for it. How. What audience is this mainly catering to? Kiddos?

I have spent so much money on this game for magic stones and Godfest. Is this where the P&D slaves' money going to?

Maybe just for a little more publicity among kids.

To be fair the cost of animation is very little compared with sales/profit of P&D, probably around 0.5% of mobile game sales.The yearly sales of P&D is said to be around 100 bn yen, average 1 cour (12ep) anime said to cost around 0.2 bn yen.
Feb 22, 2017 4:11 PM

Aug 2010
I should probably watch the first season.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.