Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2008 9:00 AM

Dec 2007
What are your personal feelings, leading to the preference of the pairing Sou x Mashiro or Kureha x Mashiro? Which couple are you rooting for, and why?

If that pairing succeeds by the end of the manga, what do you think their future will be like? Do you think the relationship can survive graduation?

Do you think that Mashiro's indecision about his gender will hurt Kureha and Suo to the extent that he'll be left all alone?
MIZUGAZIPAN.livejournal.com
{anime & manga avatars}
Apr 2, 2008 11:36 PM

Feb 2008
Well, 'm rooting for Sou x Mashiro pairing. I think they need each other to find themselves.. And they are cute together too ^^.

Volume 6 spoiler!!!
Even though, I don't think that he'll be left alone forever, or I don't hope so ^^

I don't know how their future would be like, have never given it a thought, hehe.
PurpleSmileMay 6, 2008 8:41 AM
Apr 6, 2008 9:52 PM

Oct 2007
...Mashiro/Kureha/Sou OT3, anyone? Anyone? :X
Apr 18, 2008 11:34 AM

Jun 2007
i don't really care if mushiro is a girl or a guy, eitherway mushiro and sou belong together >.<
May 19, 2008 12:42 AM

Jan 2008
I definitely root for the Sou x Mashiro pairing. I never really liked the idea of Mashiro and Kureha being together in the first place and it is quite obvious that there is no chemistry between the two and I always thought Mashiro would warm up to Sou eventually. Hopefully we will get more romance in volume 8. :D
Jul 25, 2008 3:07 PM
Jul 2007
Regardless of what gender Mashiro will be, I hope he ends up with Sou.
Jul 26, 2008 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
Sou x Mashiro ftw.

accela said:
Aug 7, 2008 11:37 AM

Aug 2008
I feel that Mashiro's true feelings rest in Sou. I think that in realizing his feelings for Sou, Mashiro will get closer to graduating. After that, my assumption is that they will both forget each other, but it is possible for them to live happily together. In a perfect world, if I really got what I wanted, Mashiro would either end up alone or with both Sou and Kureha. I don't think his decision will hurt Sou, but maybe Kureha. I think he's supposed to decide that he can't be one gender.
Aug 26, 2008 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
I want Mashiro to end up with Sou. It seems like with Sou, Mashiro has really genuine feelings. Even when Mashiro was with Kureha her/his thoughts were on Sou.
Aug 27, 2008 4:33 PM

Dec 2007
Sou x Mashiro. Because even before he knew that Mashiro was both genders he was attracted to him. And everything he did with Kureha was modeled after Sou's actions. Even when he's with Kureha he always thinks about Sou and when Kureha gets mad at him he's never really upset or truly hurt, but when Sou said that he didn't want to be near him anymore Mashiro started to cry.
The reason why Mashiro is inclined to stay with Kureha is because of her past. I feel sorry for her and all but he's just using it as an excuse so that he seems strong but Kureha doesn't actually need him as much as he makes her feel. I think that Kureha only likes him because he has both genders. So if by some chance he was born totally male she wouldn't bare the sight of him.
Jan 3, 2009 5:10 PM
Jun 2008
Mashiro x Sou
Yup seems like we're all in agreement here
Jan 5, 2009 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
Suo x Mashiro definately. Such a cute pairing ^__^
Feb 17, 2009 8:48 PM

Dec 2007
Suo and Mashiro definitly, I personally don't really like Kureha, she relies on Mashiro too much at the beginning and it becomes really annoying
[
Feb 20, 2010 5:56 PM

Mar 2009
I was always rooting for Kureha end, but part way through I stopped giving a damn about the shipping aspect. Kureha and Sou were both awesome friends, and the only thing that mattered for Mashiro was finding a way to be his(her)self, in whatever life he/she ended up in.

I think I enjoyed the time Kureha and Sou spent together as friends more than any of their entanglements with Mashiro. Mashiro was best with Kurosaki, now that I compare the love interests.
Mar 23, 2010 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
senerikfred said:
I was always rooting for Kureha end, but part way through I stopped giving a damn about the shipping aspect. Kureha and Sou were both awesome friends, and the only thing that mattered for Mashiro was finding a way to be his(her)self, in whatever life he/she ended up in.

I think I enjoyed the time Kureha and Sou spent together as friends more than any of their entanglements with Mashiro. Mashiro was best with Kurosaki, now that I compare the love interests.

Pretty much exactly how I felt. I thought I was alone...
Jun 15, 2010 5:31 AM

Jan 2010
Sou x Mashiro XD
Feb 11, 2012 8:55 AM

Jan 2008
I'm barely into the manga so far (only at Vol.2) but Mashiro just seems to be using Kureha to confirm his own masculinity rather than because s/he actually likes her.
accela said:

Agreed.
Jul 4, 2013 3:48 AM

Jul 2008
Lunar191 said:
I'm barely into the manga so far (only at Vol.2) but Mashiro just seems to be using Kureha to confirm his own masculinity rather than because s/he actually likes her.

Exactly ^_^ I hope he ends up with Sou too :)
Aug 6, 2015 7:37 AM

Oct 2010
Eh I have never really liked Kureha. Demands to be understood but doesn't really have the delicacy to understand and sympathize with others. Well for many that's what makes her so likeable. Not for me though.
Dec 15, 2019 12:29 PM

Dec 2015
I'm only on volume 4, but Shinbashi x Mashiro is clearly the best! :D

I know that's not really an option for several reasons, but the relationship with Kureha doesn't have a good foundation.
Kureha needs to see a therapist to help her work through and cope with her trauma, not this weird nightmare dreamscape bullshit or an off-kilter high school romance.
I think Kureha and Masahiro do like each other... but really only a platonic level. Kureha is using Mashiro's "safety" as an intersex person to try to have a "normal" relationship, and Mashiro is using Kureha to affirm his masculinity and identity as a man. It's just not tenable long term.

On the other hand, Sou is a jackass who refuses to accept Mashiro's gender identity (due to internalized homophobia/biphobia?) and has spent the entirety of the series thus far harassing Mashiro, misgendering him, assaulting him (with the kiss in the elevator), and just generally being a lousy person. He refuses to tell Mashiro who told him about Mashiro's intersex status because "they're not close enough," but that's a load of crap because Mashiro has a right to know who's running around spreading his personal information that literally no one should have access to! In short, I hate this guy lol and I don't get why Mashiro seems to be attracted to him. Maybe it's because he's affirming the feminine side that he's felt he needed to suppress in order to appear "normal." IDK ...Well, I admit that I do feel for Sou because of the abusive relationship he has with his sister, but still... that doesn't excuse his disgusting behavior toward Mashiro.
CoolCatCrazeDec 15, 2019 4:53 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » After School Nightmare Chapter 39 Discussion

accela - Jul 30, 2009

37 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Feb 16, 9:45 PM

» After School Nightmare Chapter 27 Discussion

-Arcee- - Aug 19, 2023

0 by -Arcee- »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Houkago Hokenshitsu Chapter 12 Discussion

Lunar191 - Feb 11, 2012

1 by -Arcee- »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:07 AM

Poll: » Houkago Hokenshitsu Chapter 26 Discussion

Lunar191 - Feb 11, 2012

1 by Drakenbocks »»
Sep 22, 2021 3:11 PM

Poll: » Houkago Hokenshitsu Chapter 37 Discussion

Lunar191 - Feb 11, 2012

1 by sailormean »»
Feb 21, 2016 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.