Forums
Gabriel Dropout
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 7, 2017 12:57 PM

Jun 2014
GangsterCat said:
unlike Umaru who is annoyingly funny and cute, Gabriel is just straight up annoying asshole and piece of shit, boring and not even funny, especially with her terrible LOW ENERGY!!! monotone voice. she is only funny in ep.1

same can be said with Raphiel, their joke-intended actions are just so cringeworthy to watch

Vigne is good character in cute girls doing cute things anime, but this is comedy-focused anime....

Don't worry, you're not alone in thinking this.
I think Gabriel drags this show down due to her zero redeeming qualities. At least Umaru had the decency to try hard at school to fulfill her social obligations and is genuinely nice to most people.

I think you're hitting too close to home here though with the criticism. A lot of anime watchers are otaku with hikikomori tendencies like Gab. Swap her gender, and you practically have the average otaku. I say that because I can relate to Gab's compulsions, being an antisocial gamer myself.

What I can't relate to though, is the fact that she doesn't have to worry for her own future (being an angel an' all), thereby shirking the responsibilities of ever having to look for work, and adapting to a society that condemns the antisocial personality types. This is a struggle that most introverted people have to overcome at some point in teenage to adult life.

That said, its a comedy show at the end of the day, and everyone elses personalities are actually just as one dimensional, so I can't fault peeps for liking Gab's dry humor.
Feb 7, 2017 1:03 PM

Sep 2016
ramenshoujo said:
GangsterCat said:
unlike Umaru who is annoyingly funny and cute, Gabriel is just straight up annoying asshole and piece of shit, boring and not even funny, especially with her terrible LOW ENERGY!!! monotone voice. she is only funny in ep.1

same can be said with Raphiel, their joke-intended actions are just so cringeworthy to watch

Vigne is good character in cute girls doing cute things anime, but this is comedy-focused anime....

Don't worry, you're not alone in thinking this.
I think Gabriel drags this show down due to her zero redeeming qualities. At least Umaru had the decency to try hard at school to fulfill her social obligations and is genuinely nice to most people.

I think you're hitting too close to home here though with the criticism. A lot of anime watchers are otaku with hikikomori tendencies like Gab. Swap her gender, and you practically have the average otaku. I say that because I can relate to Gab's compulsions, being an antisocial gamer myself.

What I can't relate to though, is the fact that she doesn't have to worry for her own future (being an angel an' all), thereby shirking the responsibilities of ever having to look for work, and adapting to a society that condemns the antisocial personality types. This is a struggle that most introverted people have to overcome at some point in teenage to adult life.

That said, its a comedy show at the end of the day, and everyone elses personalities are actually just as one dimensional, so I can't fault peeps for liking Gab's dry humor.
one dimensional character + cliche ,repetitive and formulaic joke = failure comedy, this is even worse than Kill Me Baby!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 7, 2017 11:34 PM

Jul 2015
Now in MAL seems,insulting latest anime season is become a tradition
by some anime fanbase, when they sitting on toplist
The fanbase always make bait threads
Im even not surprise because this always happen
Seem to be other biggest fanbase,is planning to keep they anime is always on top score,they are invasive
Just look when some latest anime become popular
They will doing like this,again and again
And they even no have respect to someone work
When the anime studio is work hard for they latest anime
But what we found here is a discrimination

Community opinion does'nt affected to me ,,,i just believe what i see with my own eyes!
Feb 8, 2017 1:28 AM

Sep 2016
sony_censyo said:
Now in MAL seems,insulting latest anime season is become a tradition
by some anime fanbase, when they sitting on toplist
The fanbase always make bait threads
Im even not surprise because this always happen
Seem to be other biggest fanbase,is planning to keep they anime is always on top score,they are invasive
Just look when some latest anime become popular
They will doing like this,again and again
And they even no have respect to someone work
When the anime studio is work hard for they latest anime
But what we found here is a discrimination

it's called "different opinion' son
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 4, 2017 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
Gabriel has nothing on Jibril. Sexy lewd devoted Jibril tops lazy NEET social phobe Gab for me..but she serves her purpose in the anime. I don't like Gab but she allows me to see how damned cute *see what I did there huhuh* Vignette is.
Mar 7, 2017 5:07 PM
Jul 2013
GangsterCat said:

The way Gabriel acts reminds me of myself and my friends.perhaps not every part of her but bits of her. im lazy as hell and theres always that one guy begging to see your homework so i find it relatable
Mar 7, 2017 8:32 PM

Dec 2012
Disagreed. Every character has its moments. Vigne is the least funny on her own, because she can only play the tsukkomi role well.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Mar 8, 2017 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
Raven_Wingz said:
Gabriel has nothing on Jibril.
Please, that's not even a question. Jibril is 100000 times better, and she has a better design too.
Mar 20, 2017 5:11 AM
Feb 2015
GangsterCat said:

at least this is better than kobayashi Dragon maid
Mar 20, 2017 5:12 AM
Feb 2015
-Stray said:
Both Umaru and Gab are pieces of shit tho, Gab only takes it to the extreme while Umaru's on the cute side with her chibi shit going on.
I find Gab funnier nonetheless, Umaru's just... not my cup of comedy.
good analysis on these 2 animes
Mar 20, 2017 5:24 AM
Feb 2015
Vamzer said:
bastek66 said:

But there is no romance between Umaru and Taihei

Yet. But Umaru clearly have feeling towards his brother. Just like Kirino's had.

Seriously, without inaugural incest and relationship with his brother this is an anime about nothing and towards nowhere...
imaginatio said:
Vamzer said:

LoL, Why?? Where is the freedom of creation? Why nobody started a petition against the censorenship? I can imagine what would happen if they do this with gays...

Lol because being gay ain't illegal?? There are moral AND genetic reasons why Incest is illegal and not recommended. But sure, cry about censorship...

Re: Gabriel, I would have to disagree. I like her piece of shit nature. It's Raphiel that is getting on my tits...
there are 77 countries where homosexuality is illegal
Mar 20, 2017 5:27 AM
Feb 2015
Japan's obsessed with incest
Jul 29, 2021 7:58 PM
Jul 2021
GangsterCat said:

TheQuietGuy said:
Agreed on Gabriel. Literally no redeemable qualities whatsoever. The rest of the cast is OK though.

Even though this forum was posted in 2017, It's still atrocious.

GabtheBestGirlJul 30, 2021 1:07 AM
Oct 2, 2023 3:18 AM
Sep 2023
Visit ScanMangaa to explore the fascinating world of literature, where words and imagination are used to bring books to life. Explore a vast collection that crosses genres and cultures and includes everything from exciting mysteries to uplifting romance stories. Every reader's taste and preference will be catered to with our carefully chosen selection, which offers a rich and varied reading experience.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

181 by falcon_d »»
Yesterday, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2017

102 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2017

141 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2017

99 by Pat_DR »»
Jan 26, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2017

160 by WELLERM »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.