Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gabriel Dropout
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 24, 2017 7:50 AM

Sep 2016
unlike Umaru who is annoyingly funny and cute, Gabriel is just straight up annoying asshole and piece of shit, boring and not even funny, especially with her terrible LOW ENERGY!!! monotone voice. she is only funny in ep.1

same can be said with Raphiel, their joke-intended actions are just so cringeworthy to watch

Vigne is good character in cute girls doing cute things anime, but this is comedy-focused anime....
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 24, 2017 12:36 PM
Jul 2016
Agreed on Gabriel. Literally no redeemable qualities whatsoever. The rest of the cast is OK though.
Jan 24, 2017 12:42 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, I agree, out all the main cast, she is the most unfunny and annoying. The scenes with the cafe manager this last episode bored me a lot, if anything, made me angry with her rather than laugh. Tbh, the only times I laugh in this series is when Satanichia is involved... and not always.

Raphiel looked interested at first, but she hasn't been as entertaining as I was expected. Vigne is okay.
Jan 24, 2017 1:11 PM
Aug 2014
GangsterCat said:
unlike Umaru who is annoyingly funny and cute, Gabriel is just straight up annoying asshole and piece of shit, boring and not even funny, especially with her terrible LOW ENERGY!!! monotone voice. she is only funny in ep.1

same can be said with Raphiel, their joke-intended actions are just so cringeworthy to watch

Vigne is good character in cute girls doing cute things anime, but this is comedy-focused anime....

I know this is just 100% your opinion but your opinion sucks.

People all have different personalities, different way of enjoying themselves, why call someone annoying asshole, piece of shit just because she is living the life the way she wants, and also because you think the way she live is not correct, who the heck you think you are ? 凸( ` ロ ´ )凸

Furthermore, i don't quite understand why do you hate her way of living ? spend the least energy as possible, only do things that need to be done, pretty much most of people. You find the jokes cringeworthy, i like it, the ways satania being fooled around, the fact that angels are much more devious than actual demons are so damn funny. I love every god damn moments of this anime, the cuteness of these girls, the jokes, their personalities. So pretty much sum up, your opinion sucks ( ̄_ ̄)
Jan 24, 2017 1:25 PM

Sep 2016
dragunryuu1 said:
GangsterCat said:

I know this is just 100% your opinion but your opinion sucks.

People all have different personalities, different way of enjoying themselves, why call someone annoying asshole, piece of shit just because she is living the life the way she wants, and also because you think the way she live is not correct, who the heck you think you are ? 凸( ` ロ ´ )凸

Furthermore, i don't quite understand why do you hate her way of living ? spend the least energy as possible, only do things that need to be done, pretty much most of people. You find the jokes cringeworthy, i like it, the ways satania being fooled around, the fact that angels are much more devious than actual demons are so damn funny. I love every god damn moments of this anime, the cuteness of these girls, the jokes, their personalities. So pretty much sum up, your opinion sucks ( ̄_ ̄)
... she is annoying, piece of shit and i'm pretty sure even the entire cast in the anime agree with me
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 24, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2008
I can understand why some people won't like her, but I absolutely love her. She is a piece of shit that I wouldn't mind stepping in any day of the week. She's so unapologetically cruel, jaded, cynical that it's a pleasure to see her flouting social contracts and conventions, making faux pas and deliberately taking advantage of people.

10/10 anime. 10/10 character. There are too many humans in the world.
Jan 24, 2017 10:01 PM
Jun 2013
I found Gabriel is interesting.. she is cute...
Jan 24, 2017 11:31 PM

Sep 2013
I know someone who has the exact same personality as Gabriel, so I can't really sympathize. Umaru, however, is a piece of unrecyclable trash that manages to clog the shredder all the way down to the incinerator. But do I find either cute? No.
Jan 24, 2017 11:35 PM

Dec 2012
Actar said:
I can understand why some people won't like her, but I absolutely love her. She is a piece of shit that I wouldn't mind stepping in any day of the week. She's so unapologetically cruel, jaded, cynical that it's a pleasure to see her flouting social contracts and conventions, making faux pas and deliberately taking advantage of people.

10/10 anime. 10/10 character. There are too many humans in the world.

You describtion of her and that screen shot makes me want watch this. She sounds like a funny character.

Some people think Umaru is annoying? that's news to me, she is hilarious and adorable never found her annoying (definitely not her true self)
Jan 25, 2017 12:34 AM

Mar 2016
GangsterCat said:

Like i said before

DROP IT IMMEDIATELY

Jan 25, 2017 8:08 PM

May 2016
I agree, I don't care for Gabriel as well. Especially when she started working at the coffee shop. I enjoy all the other characters though.
Jan 25, 2017 9:13 PM
Sep 2009
EDIT: The manga is pretty much manzai comedy, with little character development, so if you enjoy these sort of gags (I certainly do) give the manga a shot. The characters, including Gabriel behave more like a stand-up routine.
ced1106Jan 26, 2017 5:37 PM
Jan 26, 2017 1:30 AM

Mar 2009
I just want a 2nd season of Umaru.
Jan 26, 2017 1:50 AM

Dec 2016
I hope Umaru will get a second season. I wanna see an another Ore no Imotou Sis x Bro romance. And she is cute, not tsundere
Jan 31, 2017 9:05 AM
May 2016
I'm of the complete opposite opinion. Gabriel acts sort of like an imageboard or internet forum user, and can be quite relatable.

Umaru on the other hand, waving her fucking... what, maracas? Chugging down her coke makes me want to punch a hole through my monitor. She looks like she belongs more on Nickelodeon alongside Fanboy and Chum Chum than anywhere else really. Trash tier character imo.
Jan 31, 2017 9:32 AM

Jun 2015
I agreed with you at first. Then you said she was only funny in episode 1. If anything that's when I found her the most annoying and gradually have come to accept her. I don't like Raphael but she never annoyed me like Gabriel. I love both the demons.
Jan 31, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
It should have been called Satania Dropout instead.

Jan 31, 2017 10:21 AM

Sep 2009
The joke is that she's an angel (and that Vigne is the demon). Umaru is just as boring; you just happen to like the appearance/personality.
MortalMelancholyJan 31, 2017 10:32 AM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 31, 2017 10:26 AM

May 2010
ichii_1 said:
It should have been called Satania Dropout instead.

I am glad its not called that. Gabriel as a dropout is enough.

Coming on topic, all I like about Gabriel so far is this quote of hers. "There are too many humans in this world." On-spot. Otherwise, I am whatever about her. Raphy is equally meh.

Vigne is my fav and Satania comes close.
Jan 31, 2017 10:26 AM

Sep 2016
I do agree with Gab being unfunny at all however I believe that she's actually intended to be unfunny to the viewers while the other MCs drive the show.

Pretty unique concept for me though. Would watch more of this show.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2017 1:15 PM

May 2009
Vamzer said:
I hope Umaru will get a second season. I wanna see an another Ore no Imotou Sis x Bro romance. And she is cute, not tsundere

But there is no romance between Umaru and Taihei
Jan 31, 2017 1:22 PM

Dec 2016
bastek66 said:
Vamzer said:

Yet. But Umaru clearly have feeling towards his brother. Just like Kirino's had.

Seriously, without inaugural incest and relationship with his brother this is an anime about nothing and towards nowhere...
VamzerJan 31, 2017 1:36 PM
Jan 31, 2017 3:14 PM

Dec 2014
I can't believe that I agree with you
Jan 31, 2017 3:27 PM
Nov 2016
Agreed, only watching the show because of the other 3.

Especially Satania.

Jan 31, 2017 5:28 PM

May 2009
Vamzer said:
bastek66 said:

Yet. But Umaru clearly have feeling towards his brother. Just like Kirino's had.

There won't be any incest since flashforward from Ebina's spin-off shows her confessing to him. Anyway, why aren't you reading the manga if you like this series so much?
Jan 31, 2017 5:49 PM

Oct 2014
This anime is slowly going to oblivion. Episode 1 was a good start. But after that, episodes get weaker. Even a beach episode is plain simple.

Vigne is the only reason I still watch this. I think it's better if she become the main heroine.
Feb 1, 2017 12:50 AM

Dec 2016
bastek66 said:
Vamzer said:

There won't be any incest since flashforward from Ebina's spin-off shows her confessing to him. Anyway, why aren't you reading the manga if you like this series so much?

Things like this happened in Ore no Imouto too, and we all know how did it end. But I don't like mangas, they kinda boring. I like the moving emotions, the characters voice, the colors, and everything. A good anime adaptation is far better than a manga.
Feb 1, 2017 2:41 AM

Jan 2014
I don't exactly find her to be annoying, but how her personality developed is a little too much of a cliche, Alos I don't like her way of treating others.

Raphie also, very much a bully wannabe, I did hope to see more of her trollish nature, but for now there is nothing much, Vigne is your everyday nice girls, yes they are cute but that is all about it, they are not interesting as i expected... Satania is very OK.
rorimoeFeb 1, 2017 2:45 AM
Feb 1, 2017 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
Firstly, that's your personal opinion. Comedy genres are subjective point so whatever you find it funny I can't find it funny at all. It's simple as that.

Second, I don't really agree with you that Gabriel is annoying nor funny for the episodes that I watched at least. I think what makes her work in this show is how she's pretty much the opposite of how she's intended to be as an angel, same with Raphiel. And for Vigne and Satania being a bit of the opposite, this is pretty much a good character dynamic, where it showcases these characters aren't what they're pretty much intended, and that's what Gabriel stands out compared to Umaru (because it's the same staff).

Third well... this is more of a personal point but I can relate to Gabriel a lot more than Umaru. Umaru is just a girl that does perfect things when she's in school, which isn't something I can relate with her because I'm a lazy ass fuck person, so Gabriel aims more towards being lazy on both ends, and heck there were some things even further that I can relate to her.

If it wasn't for the fact that Gabriel DropOut had different character dynamics per each character and the fact that I can relate to the main character further then the show wouldn't stand out on its own way, hence why it will probably be below every other SoL shows this season. But hey, my opinion of course, you don't have to respect it but I will give my two cents.
Feb 1, 2017 4:09 AM
Mar 2016
Lol, i never enjoying the hell out of Umaru ... She just a cute sister and a gamer, just like that

And, i agree with Gabriel is annoying. You could like someone as annoying like Kazuma, but at least he's funny guy with scumbag personality ... Gabriel just ... a lazy girl, a gamer, and her line was not special or funny at all
Feb 1, 2017 5:15 AM

Apr 2015
You Agreement Is Valid Although Her Angel Form Is Much Hilarious To Watch I Think.
Feb 1, 2017 6:03 AM

Sep 2016
Uchihaaa said:
You Agreement Is Valid Although Her Angel Form Is Much Hilarious To Watch I Think.
Hey Bro I Really Think You Should Stop Using Upper Case For Every Damn Word.
Also Your Argument Is Invalid Because That's Not An Argument
CrossAnge

Feb 1, 2017 7:53 AM

May 2009
Vamzer said:
bastek66 said:

Things like this happened in Ore no Imouto too, and we all know how did it end. But I don't like mangas, they kinda boring. I like the moving emotions, the characters voice, the colors, and everything. A good anime adaptation is far better than a manga.

Jesus Christ, you are comparing overrated LNshit harem with comedy manga about girl protagonist. Fucking stop. Also Japan pushed some laws in meantime to prevent incest from happening in non-hentai manga.
Watch more anime and start reading manga.
Feb 1, 2017 11:09 AM

Dec 2016
bastek66 said:
Vamzer said:

Jesus Christ, you are comparing overrated LNshit harem with comedy manga about girl protagonist. Fucking stop. Also Japan pushed some laws in meantime to prevent incest from happening in non-hentai manga.
Watch more anime and start reading manga.

LoL, Why?? Where is the freedom of creation? Why nobody started a petition against the censorenship? I can imagine what would happen if they do this with gays...

Ore no Imouto harem? Because? It wasnt stupid pointless ecchi with a noob MC. The male dated, and broke, and then fell in love...
Feb 1, 2017 11:24 AM

May 2009
Vamzer said:
Ore no Imouto harem? Because? It wasnt stupid pointless ecchi with a noob MC. The male dated, and broke, and then fell in love...

How is it not a harem when all chicks wanted that pathetic moron?
Feb 1, 2017 12:01 PM
Oct 2011
Vamzer said:

LoL, Why?? Where is the freedom of creation? Why nobody started a petition against the censorenship? I can imagine what would happen if they do this with gays...

Lol because being gay ain't illegal?? There are moral AND genetic reasons why Incest is illegal and not recommended. But sure, cry about censorship...

Re: Gabriel, I would have to disagree. I like her piece of shit nature. It's Raphiel that is getting on my tits...
Feb 1, 2017 12:27 PM

Apr 2016
Agreed but umaru was also a spoiled little piece of shit.She wasn't funny or cute.
Feb 1, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2015
I think that shes pretty funny
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 1, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2016
imaginatio said:
Vamzer said:

Lol because being gay ain't illegal?? There are moral AND genetic reasons why Incest is illegal and not recommended. But sure, cry about censorship...

Interesting, how many people have been pissed of BECAUSE OF A FANTASY/COMIC/ANIME.

Those, who fill animes/cartoons/movies with gays, always say it is not propagate the homosexuality, just represent them. But, when you put in an anime a guy who is love with his sister, then it become propaganda, and should be banished? Dont you feel the double standard, hypocrat?

What about the fucking pedophile lolitrash? Pedophilia also illegal, still allowed to sexualize childs in anime, and call them "loli"... Is pedophilia not a bigger, and more dangerous problem?
VamzerFeb 2, 2017 1:30 AM
Feb 2, 2017 12:00 AM

Dec 2011
I find Gabriel to be annoying at times but she isn't annoying as Raphi though.
Feb 3, 2017 11:47 AM
Oct 2011
Vamzer said:

Interesting, how many people have been pissed of BECAUSE OF A FANTASY/COMIC/ANIME.

Lol mate you're the one who sounds butthurt, not me.

Vamzer said:

Those, who fill animes/cartoons/movies with gays, always say it is not propagate the homosexuality, just represent them. But, when you put in an anime a guy who is love with his sister, then it become propaganda, and should be banished? Dont you feel the double standard, hypocrat?

No because you are comparing apples and oranges. Gay people are NORMAL people. People who want to have SEX WITH THEIR RELATIVES are NOT NORMAL people. Obviously you have no siblings (and cannot empathise), or you have a sibling that you want to get with and are upset about it. Seriously, get some help.

Vamzer said:

What about the fucking pedophile lolitrash? Pedophilia also illegal, still allowed to sexualize childs in anime, and call them "loli"... Is pedophilia not a bigger, and more dangerous problem?

I agree on this one mate, unfortunately not much you can do. Still doesn't mean its okay for you to have sex with your sister.
Feb 3, 2017 12:25 PM

Sep 2016
imaginatio said:

No because you are comparing apples and oranges. Gay people are NORMAL people. People who want to have SEX WITH THEIR RELATIVES are NOT NORMAL people. .

who decided that? both are niche fetish, same as pedo not a whole lot we can do about that, but somehow gay got free pass
CrossAnge

Feb 3, 2017 12:41 PM

Dec 2016
imaginatio said:

Lol mate you're the one who sounds butthurt, not me.

Ofc I'm butthurted, because my rights had been cut.

No because you are comparing apples and oranges. Gay people are NORMAL people. People who want to have SEX WITH THEIR RELATIVES are NOT NORMAL people. Obviously you have no siblings (and cannot empathise), or you have a sibling that you want to get with and are upset about it. Seriously, get some help.

You know not so long ago people said exactly the same about gays. Your hatred and despite to me is totally the same how people felt into gays.
Feb 3, 2017 1:05 PM

Dec 2015
Jesus fucking christ why do people relate gabriel dropout to umaru chan, they have absolutley nothing alike other than both umaru chan and gabriel plays online games, that's like relating Beyond the boundary with kill la kill because both characters hold red swords, it's fucking retarded.

OT: Imo I love all the girls, but the one I like the least is raphiel, she's kinda eh
hi
Feb 4, 2017 6:40 AM

Sep 2015
What? I love Gabriel. I like all the characters for that matter, they're all funny and cute. I like Gab more than Umaru.
Feb 5, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2014
Both Umaru and Gab are pieces of shit tho, Gab only takes it to the extreme while Umaru's on the cute side with her chibi shit going on.
I find Gab funnier nonetheless, Umaru's just... not my cup of comedy.
Feb 5, 2017 8:57 PM

Aug 2015
Gabriel is fine, this show is great... and funny, too.
Feb 6, 2017 3:56 AM
Jan 2017
XXTOUKAXX said:
Gabariel is the best
To me satania is annoying shit

Yes you right, Gabriel is a intresting character woman of this season with megumin and aqua (konosuba)
Feb 6, 2017 3:58 AM

Sep 2016
rivi11 said:
XXTOUKAXX said:
Gabariel is the best
To me satania is annoying shit

Yes you right, Gabriel is a intresting character woman of this season with megumin and aqua (konosuba)
eh, no, aqua is actually funny
CrossAnge

Feb 6, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2013
At least, Gab not two faced woman who pretend she's normal at school.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2017

102 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2017

141 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2017

99 by Pat_DR »»
Jan 26, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2017

160 by WELLERM »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2017

98 by WELLERM »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.