Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2010 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Don't know how to say, I'd prefer they won't stick too much on Tanya x Kuroki, but on the other side their dev was well done this time.
Nodame's enthusiasm was incredibly priceless, but what a shame for Chiaki it's the same Ravel he's going to play with Rui T_T - Nodame will be dampened once again
Feb 12, 2010 11:00 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, I finally get to hear some good piano-ing by Nodame. Shame that Nodame gets the short end of the stick once again. So which character have they not killed off yet; I really want to get things moving between the main characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2010 12:35 AM

Dec 2009
aww when nodame hears chiaki playing the same piece with rui she will go into a great depression
Feb 13, 2010 1:35 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
lmao at the jump over Chiaki! 10/10!

I loved Nodame running all over Paris with excitement :)

Like always, I'm left wanting more! I can't wait for the next episode.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 13, 2010 1:48 AM

Sep 2009
A lot of nice piano playing in this episode. I was impressed by the amount of time they showed the fingering while the pieces were being played.
Feb 13, 2010 4:49 AM

May 2009
An inspired Nodame is a beautiful sight to behold. Leapfrogging Chiaki was great. But learning that Rui would be performing "her song" with Chiaki would be devastating.

Kuroki was pretty bold with his offer to take in Tanya, but he'd better sort out his feelings for her first.

Every episode seems to fly by in an instant and this one was no exception.
Feb 13, 2010 5:32 AM

Aug 2007
A lot of piano pieces this time. Ugh, Rui. The reactions to Kuroki's offer were hilarious. Mean Auclair.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Feb 13, 2010 5:56 AM

Jun 2008
Anyone knows name of the piece which Tanya was practicing at the very end?
Feb 13, 2010 7:06 AM

Sep 2007
ArcticMech said:
Every episode seems to fly by in an instant and this one was no exception.

That. Also, poor Nodame T_T

Feb 13, 2010 7:32 AM

Aug 2008
noo way, chiaki is going to play w/ rui! >__<
Feb 13, 2010 8:33 AM
Dec 2007
It was pure MAGIC, perfection made for animation.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 13, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
Good episode, but they totally left out Mine and Kiyora. :( Too bad.

Next ep I hope they don't leave out my favorite scene :) and make it beautifully, with
nikiciFeb 13, 2010 10:44 AM
Sorry for my bad English. ^^'
Feb 13, 2010 10:55 AM

Feb 2009
Oh hell, talking about bad timing. So what are you going to do Chiaki? I know what he does every single time, let poor Nodame down -_-
Feb 13, 2010 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
Great KurokixTanya development, probably next episode will be the conclusion. On other side, i still wondering why is Auclair like that to Nodame ?

The Ravel concerto is awesome !! And how will she compete this with Rui ?
Feb 13, 2010 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
I'm so glad every week the episode is better than the last one... Aaaah, everything was great.
Feb 13, 2010 3:16 PM

Jan 2009
This season is, without a doubt, much better than its predecessor.

HENTAI DOUBUTSU MONOGATARI!
That was adorable. And Nodame barging in when Chiaki was taking a shower... priceless.
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Feb 13, 2010 3:34 PM
Mar 2009
I guess they're giving all the side characters their own episode, but then they should have made it 26 episodes or at least a full 13. Can't imagine how Nodame will get over her disappointment when she learns that her concerto will be played by Rui. Maybe Rui will get sick so Nodame has to fill in? Please??? I'm kind of not happy with where this whole season is going. At least Chiaki is interacting with Nodame and their mutual friends again.
Feb 13, 2010 3:37 PM

Oct 2009
When I saw that email that Chiaki was going to be performing with Rui I was like - erghh, that's harsh! Poor bebe-chan XD Nothing seems to be going particularly well lately and Rui definitely has ulterior motives.

I love it when Nodame spirals into depression XD
Feb 13, 2010 3:45 PM

Dec 2009
chiaki has yet another chance to disappoint nodame ...
whatever will he do?
Feb 13, 2010 4:02 PM

Apr 2008
'Tanya, what did you do to Kuroki-kun?' ... hohoho! :P He really does get led around by romantic feelings, though offering to share his room surprised me.
niiica said:
This season is, without a doubt, much better than its predecessor.

HENTAI DOUBUTSU MONOGATARI!...
Lol! Her excitement was so contagious, but why? Why is it the piece he's playing with Rui!?!?!?!?! D;

Also agree so far this season is better then Pari-hen, especially the music aspect.
Feb 13, 2010 5:31 PM

Mar 2009
who knows maybe something will happen and nodame will have to take ruis place? do you think chiaki will even tell nodame?

nikici said:
Good episode, but they totally left out Mine and Kiyora. :( Too bad.

i second this!!!
Feb 13, 2010 5:45 PM

Nov 2007
Pretty good episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 13, 2010 8:29 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this episode. I can't wait to see how Nodame overcomes this (seemingly) final hurdle.
Feb 14, 2010 12:18 AM

Aug 2008
Only a few more episodes left. *Sigh.

Nodame running all over Paris was adooooooorable! And I loved the song! Very nice.

Next episode should be epic (as long as they don't skip any of the special parts in the manga)
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Feb 14, 2010 12:22 AM

Jun 2007
Is Chaki and Rui's performance next episode or are they planning to use this as the seasons dramatic climax? If it's the climax then they'll probably pull one of those "Chaki puts his foot down" or "Rui realize how much Nodame wants to play with Chaki" moments which will result in a happy ending for Nodame. I cant see this series ending with Nodame not getting her wish to perform with Chaki, assuming this really is the finale season.
Feb 14, 2010 1:51 AM

Jan 2010
Poor Nodame >.<
Feb 14, 2010 9:39 AM

Sep 2009
Wait a moment! Is Elise German, isn't she? Why did she write the e-mail in English? :)

mcjazzman32 said:
Next episode should be epic (as long as they don't skip any of the special parts in the manga)

I hope that so.
When I'm watching Nodame I always think about why did i read the manga before the anime ended. I always compare to each other. It's very annoying.
Feb 14, 2010 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
capitainejanvier said:
I guess they're giving all the side characters their own episode, but then they should have made it 26 episodes or at least a full 13. Can't imagine how Nodame will get over her disappointment when she learns that her concerto will be played by Rui. Maybe Rui will get sick so Nodame has to fill in? Please??? I'm kind of not happy with where this whole season is going. At least Chiaki is interacting with Nodame and their mutual friends again.

I'm in agreement with you. The secondary character development is annoying me particularly because 11 episodes isn't a lot of time for all the development that I'd like to see in Nodame and Chiaki's relationship. If this series does end with Nodame getting her way and playing with Chiaki I think it will hurt the overall feel of where they are going. Plus if the ending is that predictable it's going to be a huge let down. I want to see a lot more development in regards to Nodame becoming a Piano Meister. I'd also be great to see how Chiaki and Nodame are going to make their relationship work while also pursuing their own ambitions.
Feb 15, 2010 4:35 AM

Jul 2008
I can only wonder how this is going to turn out, Rui playing Nodame's song, and Nodame was so polished with it on her first try.
Feb 15, 2010 7:26 PM

Sep 2008
Damn that sucks :( It has been a while since she's felt so inspired. I bet Chiaki feels horrible...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2010 7:33 PM

Sep 2008
pretty awesome episode, the leap frog thing made me LOL. But I'm guessing they haven't had sex yet if Chiaki is disturbed by her coming while he was in the shower.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 16, 2010 2:11 AM

Sep 2009
Jigero said:
But I'm guessing they haven't had sex yet if Chiaki is disturbed by her coming while he was in the shower.

Yeah, I guess they made it with this purpose (that you think that Chiaki and Nodame haven't...) :P
Feb 16, 2010 8:22 AM

Dec 2007
Nodame's bunni hop over Chiaki was epic! I am loving this episode, especially the shower scene. When Nodame asks him about the 2nd preliminaries and he stops and thinks then comes to his senses and shouts at her to get out. I lolled and I lolled hard!

^___^
CarmelNozuFeb 16, 2010 8:27 AM
Feb 16, 2010 10:58 AM

Aug 2008
Kibou_no_Hikari said:
Wait a moment! Is Elise German, isn't she? Why did she write the e-mail in English? :)

I think of it this way: Chiaki knows Japanese, French, and I think enough English to get around. I don't remember him speaking German. Elise knows German, and should know English (being an international businesswoman). She may know French (I doubt it), and has no reason to know Japanese. So the language they have in common is English.

Orion1 said:

I'm in agreement with you. The secondary character development is annoying me particularly because 11 episodes isn't a lot of time for all the development that I'd like to see in Nodame and Chiaki's relationship. If this series does end with Nodame getting her way and playing with Chiaki I think it will hurt the overall feel of where they are going. Plus if the ending is that predictable it's going to be a huge let down. I want to see a lot more development in regards to Nodame becoming a Piano Meister. I'd also be great to see how Chiaki and Nodame are going to make their relationship work while also pursuing their own ambitions.

I kind of agree with you, but Nodame is already a prodigy. The only things she ever needed was getting over her abused childhood, and knowing how to relate herself through the music. Chiaki helped her past the first hurdle, and taking lessons with Harisan and Auclaire have immensely helped her with the latter. As we see in this episode, Nodame has found a piece that she can be herself with, without recomposition. That is a huge step for a performer--understanding what you're good at. On the other hand, as Auclaire pointed out, she still has problems facing music that she doesn't care for, which is a big problem if she wants to enter concours, where she has to display a broad range of technicality and expressiveness.

I really think that Auclaire pointing this out to Nodame is the final push for her development as a character. There's really nowhere else for her to go after it, besides this little melodramatic thing with Rui and Chiaki.

I'm much more worried about Chiaki's development, because I still don't feel like he totally understands what Nodame means to him and vice-versa. He continues to treat her the same way as the first season, whereas Nodame has become much more independent. I'd like to see him lean on her more, and not when he's drunk.
Feb 16, 2010 12:31 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:

I think of it this way...

I see.
But Chiaki lived in Wien (?) when he is little and I remember that he spoke in German when he first met with Elise. Or is it in the manga only (or dorama)? I totally got confused. :)
Yes, I found it in the manga (vol. 4, page: 26).
Perhaps they cut out this scene from the anime...
Anyway I'll try to find in the anime too.
--
I got it (Ep. 8). Yes, they changed it. Chiaki spoke Japanese. Sorry. :)
Feb 16, 2010 12:32 PM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:

I think of it this way...

I see.
But Chiaki lived in Wien (?) when he is little and I remember that he spoke in German when he first met with Elise. Or is it in the manga only (or dorama)? I totally got confused. :)
Yes, I found it in the manga (vol. 4, page: 26).
Perhaps they cut out this scene from the anime...
Anyway I'll try to find in the anime too.
--
I got it (Ep. 8). Yes, they changed it. Chiaki spoke Japanese. Sorry. :)
Feb 16, 2010 3:42 PM

Sep 2009
I don't even know where to begin. This episode was just filled with a lot of great aspects to it! I hope with how this episode ended, it will be the set up for the remainder of the season to be centered around Chiaki and Nodame. That's what we all are hoping for at this point, anyway.

Everything had me in tune with the characters' emotions. I laughed with Nodame, felt depressed with Tanya and Yun Long, and then felt sympathy for Chiaki.

Poor Chiaki! The song Nodame wants to plays so badly with him is the same as the one Rui is going to play with him. What a big pile of disappointment.
-
Feb 17, 2010 11:36 AM
May 2009
The moment I heard that Ravel last night, I knew I had heard it before, but I had forgotten where. I got my music midterm back today and the TA played the song that we had to describe on the midterm in class today, and lo and behold, it was the Ravel. MLIA.
Feb 18, 2010 5:43 PM

Jun 2007
About halfway through. ;A;

lmao @ makeupless Tanya eating chips under the covers in bed.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Feb 19, 2010 4:50 AM

Oct 2008
noteDhero said:

I kind of agree with you, but Nodame is already a prodigy. The only things she ever needed was getting over her abused childhood, and knowing how to relate herself through the music. Chiaki helped her past the first hurdle, and taking lessons with Harisan and Auclaire have immensely helped her with the latter. As we see in this episode, Nodame has found a piece that she can be herself with, without recomposition. That is a huge step for a performer--understanding what you're good at. On the other hand, as Auclaire pointed out, she still has problems facing music that she doesn't care for, which is a big problem if she wants to enter concours, where she has to display a broad range of technicality and expressiveness.

I really think that Auclaire pointing this out to Nodame is the final push for her development as a character. There's really nowhere else for her to go after it, besides this little melodramatic thing with Rui and Chiaki.

I'm much more worried about Chiaki's development, because I still don't feel like he totally understands what Nodame means to him and vice-versa. He continues to treat her the same way as the first season, whereas Nodame has become much more independent. I'd like to see him lean on her more, and not when he's drunk.

Basically I'm thinking that this show is supposed to be about Chiaki and Nodame, so developing other characters at this point is basically filler. Filler in an eleven episode series is basically wasted space in my opinion. I'd point out that I understand Nodame is a prodigy, but it would still be nice to watch her genius in action, while she matures into a true composer. I'm thinking there are endless plot element within this line of thinking that supplant the the drama they attempting to unfold with this predictable distraction they've created with Rui. If it ends as others have already foreseen (Rui coming to understand that Nodame and Chiaki should play together instead of her, the End), I'm going to be a disappointed.
Feb 19, 2010 7:59 AM

Aug 2008
It is about Chiaki and Nodame, so I do agree the show is about them. However, the show is also about how their relationship effects everyone around them, and love in general. That's why I don't think it's necessarily filler to focus on other characters (especially when the episode is as good as this one), but it is a bit of a distraction, and poor planning that could have been addressed in Paris-Hen. Also, Nodame isn't a composer, so her maturing into one doesn't make any sense. As I said, the last hurdle for her was finding music that suits her style, and approaching the music that doesn't. She just did the former, and is in the process of doing the latter with Auclaire's sharp words.

All that aside, if the ending is similar to what has been described, it would be one of the biggest disappointing endings ever. Nodame is one of my favorite shows.
Feb 19, 2010 7:00 PM

May 2008
Man I hated this part in the manga and I hated more in the anime.
Why did he have to do that song with Rui!!!!????
Gosh why is it only 11 episode they need to extend it.
Feb 19, 2010 8:50 PM

Jul 2008
T__T poor poor nodame
Feb 20, 2010 12:40 AM

Nov 2007
Uh oh ... episode started off relatively well then all of a sudden tragedy strikes =/ Yun long and Tanya may both have to go home, Nodame is losing her ambition and Chiaki has to play the piece she wants with Rui @_@ ... wow ...
Feb 21, 2010 9:52 AM

Jul 2008
Loved the use of Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 in this episode. It was probably the best piece to use for a flashback sequence, since when it was played in the first season it was really when both the audience and characters were finally witness to Chiaki's amazing talent. That piece of music is what made me fall in love with the series. I'm glad it popped up once again.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Feb 21, 2010 6:34 PM
May 2008
Cute episode as usual, next episode looks even more interesting.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 24, 2010 4:10 AM

Jun 2009
Aw they both didn't make to the finals, but I hope atleast at the very ending everyone met their goals.

~Noda x Chiaki bath scene lol
~Noda's excitement (summersault something) haha scene after hearing the final contestant piece
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 26, 2010 4:57 AM

Oct 2009
Oh nooo, he has got to tell her!

I wonder if she'll accept it, they'll fight or he changes it?
Dun dun duuuuunnn!
Mar 23, 2010 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
I love this show so much. Nodame walking in on Chiaki was priceless.

BEGINNER
Oct 12, 2010 6:17 AM

Oct 2009
This is really amusing to follow, really enjoyable.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Proselyt - Jan 28, 2010

82 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 11, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Riveiraland - Mar 11, 2010

113 by bucciest »»
Jan 9, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Mar 25, 2010

239 by Euroqean »»
Sep 23, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 18, 2010

93 by removed-user »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jan 14, 2010

124 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 17, 2022 3:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.