Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 14, 2017 9:21 PM

Sep 2015
So it seems that Kuzu no Honkai will have only 12 episodes. The manga is currently at 44 chapters and plans to end this coming March so I assume it'll be at 46 or 47 chapters at the end. I'm sure many people remember what happened with Erased last Winter as the manga ended (with 49 chapters) around the same time the anime did with A-1 Pictures completely butchering the ending. Do you guys think Kuzu no Honkai be going down the same road or will Lerche be able to do a good adaptation?
Jan 14, 2017 9:45 PM
Nov 2016
I do have some concerns pertaining to the length of the anime but then again, I trust Lerche, they have given us some pretty good animes. However if they do butcher the ending, I'll probably just forget about the last few episodes of the anime and focus on the manga, but judging by the first episode, I expect this series to be a good one.
Jan 14, 2017 10:00 PM

Feb 2015
The series has aired 1 EP, and ppl can smell it that far, interesting? I guess I need to caught up to it huh... fast...
Jan 15, 2017 12:11 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
If the series maintains its pace as it is right now, then it's all good. The series will end with 8 volumes, and the first episode adapted up to the end of the first volume, while moving some content to the next volume (two character introductions that were skipped will be done in the next episode according to the PV for the second episode). So yeah, it's unlikely to be a train-wreck. The problem with BokuMachi was that they adapted the series at a very slow pacing at first, but then rushed everything at the end. Kuzu no Honkai will probably be adapted at a consistent pacing. If anything, they can adapt the manga in 11 episodes with the current pacing (since they adapted 5 chapters, while moving half a chapter worth of content to the next episode).
Jan 16, 2017 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
OP, A-1 and Lerche have nothing to do with this. It's the director's decision; he tells the script writers what to do.

Anyways, no reason to predict that it will be a train wreck. Just gotta wait and see. Don't be a pessimist simply because it has the same number of chapters as another anime you disliked.
Jan 16, 2017 8:12 AM

May 2014
but aren't most teenage relationships train wrecks anyway

tbh, I don't really care whether it's a train wreck or not so long as it doesn't bore me half to death or turn out like School Days.
The first episode was great and although I don't know the chapter lengths or how many the episode adapted, it didn't feel rushed at all.

Besides I think it's easier for a SoL, drama to work with less episodes- unlike Boku dake ga Inai Machi, it doesn't label itself as a mystery or thriller and in those genres pacing can make or break the entire experience tho Boku dake had more problems than its pacing.

If anything, it'll just fasten up what could've been really slow in Kuzu no Honkai. But we'll have to wait and see!
Strawberrycake48Jan 16, 2017 8:56 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2017 12:32 PM

May 2015
Is this going to be a trainwreck? I’m not sure... Is this going to be a good adaption? No... Is is going to be a decent watch? Possible, depending on your expectations.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
Kuzu no Honkai will probably be adapted at a consistent pacing. If anything, they can adapt the manga in 11 episodes with the current pacing (since they adapted 5 chapters, while moving half a chapter worth of content to the next episode).

Even if they do 5 chapters per episode consistently (which I highly doubt), the series will still be rushed (with lots of material skip), especially for a monthly manga of +40 chapters... I believe series that deal with drama, romance, and psychological aspects shouldn’t be fast paced/rushed the way this one will more likely end up. This could have been easily 22 episodes instead, but hey! it isn’t.

If you like the pace of the anime, that’s fine... this is just my opinion regarding that matter.

Robiiii said:
Nope.
Lerche doesnt like butchering, if you want that, A-1 or 8bit is much more likely to do so

This is the type of stupid-assed comment you get when people do not know what they are talking about and how things really work in the animation industry...

Denpai said:
OP, A-1 and Lerche have nothing to do with this. It's the director's decision; he tells the script writers what to do.

I’m glad to see that there are some users that know how things work.
By the way, the publishers and producers (like Fuji Television Network (Noitamina), Kyoraku Industrial Holdings Co.,Ltd., etc) also have a big say in this stuff ... Anyhow, I just found laughable how many people think that studios have control over everything that is done when it comes to producing anime (like choosing directors, scriptwriters, VA, amount of episodes it gets, budget, etc).
zero-rJan 16, 2017 5:17 PM

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 20, 2017 2:42 AM
Jan 2013
Apparently the anime is going to have the same ending as the manga
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jan 22, 2017 5:02 PM

Sep 2012
If they go with 4-5 chapters an episode. It'll be totally fine. The pacing for episode 1 and 2 has been great.
Jan 27, 2017 3:26 PM

Oct 2014
Bad reviews are piling up.
Jan 31, 2017 8:04 AM

Mar 2015
Hard to tell but I think it may not be. Everything has been handled well from the animation, sound (love the OP and ED), characters, story so far. The only issue is that all the characters are so flawed and in such deep crap that it would be very difficult to redeem them and have a good ending. Perhaps it would be a sad ending and I suspect someone may have to die.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.