Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 5, 2017 7:13 PM

Dec 2011
They adapt everything perfectly until THE LAST EPISODE. WHY THE HELL THEY CUT THE PART KOTAROU SAVE AKANE????? THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST EMOTIONAL PART EVEERRRRRR, HOW HIS PARENTS PUSH HIM FORWARD FROM THE STONE CITY, HOW HE AND AKANE TRIED TO GET OUT FROM THE CITY WHEN EVERYONE IS STOPPING THEM, WHEN AKANE ACTUALLY CRY OUT SHE WANT TO LIVE!!!! FCK IT THAT IS THE PART WHERE I LOOK FOWARD TO SEE ADAPTED. FCT IT I LOVE THE ADAPTATION UNTIL NOW, BUT NOW I KINDA HATE IT

HERE GO TO 1:06:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1rHXrri9Q
Apr 8, 2017 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
amc9988 said:
They adapt everything perfectly until THE LAST EPISODE. WHY THE HELL THEY CUT THE PART KOTAROU SAVE AKANE????? THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST EMOTIONAL PART EVEERRRRRR, HOW HIS PARENTS PUSH HIM FORWARD FROM THE STONE CITY, HOW HE AND AKANE TRIED TO GET OUT FROM THE CITY WHEN EVERYONE IS STOPPING THEM, WHEN AKANE ACTUALLY CRY OUT SHE WANT TO LIVE!!!! FCK IT THAT IS THE PART WHERE I LOOK FOWARD TO SEE ADAPTED. FCT IT I LOVE THE ADAPTATION UNTIL NOW, BUT NOW I KINDA HATE IT

HERE GO TO 1:06:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1rHXrri9Q

Can't be help. Time constraints and 8-bit's bullshit.

Apr 14, 2017 2:21 PM

Jun 2014
I don't know if any of you already read those but I think that these side stories of Rewrite were quite interesting, especially the 2nd one since it explains Chihaya character's in the common route which was brushed aside in the VN.

Click here
Apr 18, 2017 10:32 PM

Dec 2012
The Volume 8 BD cover
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Apr 23, 2017 2:53 PM

Nov 2016
Ishkoten said:
The Volume 8 BD cover

Ehh, I'm happy to see Sakuya but... WHY THE HELL DOES HE LOOK YOUNGER THAN CHIHAYA?! Explain yourself, Itaru Hinoue-san! I usually refrain from voicing my opinion but damn did your art become horrible after Rewrite's release back in 2011 and it's becoming even worse by the day, how the HELL is that possible?! I'm even sort of glad now that you quit Key... (Uuu, even though I like her old arts)
RedduApr 23, 2017 3:20 PM

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
๐Ÿ•‚Anime List๐Ÿ•‚Manga List๐Ÿ•‚VN List๐Ÿ•‚
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Apr 24, 2017 10:53 AM

May 2010
Ishkoten said:
The Volume 8 BD cover

Ahh I forgot to post it xD Chihaya looks super cute, but Sakuya has weirdly small face compared to her @_@

@Redth_SA
Eh, I don't think that's the case, her artworks in Harmonia were beautiful... I think the problem is inconsistency, some works are amazing, and other are meh, even if they are from the same game T^T
Apr 24, 2017 12:10 PM

Nov 2016
Kitsu-nee said:

@Redth_SA
Eh, I don't think that's the case, her artworks in Harmonia were beautiful... I think the problem is inconsistency, some works are amazing, and other are meh, even if they are from the same game T^T

Ehhh, no no no, the thing that bothered me the most in Harmonia was actually the artwork... I felt like spitting on it so I was avoiding looking at the characters' sprites while reading trough it.
Especially the faces... Just, how is it possible to deform a character's face even though we already knew how to get it right before? Like, look at the eyes, the nose and the mouth's placements! Of course, it's not like they're completely deformed but, for example in this Chihaya, the eyes should go a bit down and to the left, the nose a bit down and that mouth should be completely redrawn! And what's up with the eyes? Like, they look so dumb! I know Chihaya is dumb but it's like that for all the characters she recently drew. By the way, there's just something wrong with Chihaya's head, it should be slightly smaller cuz it's too big! And, oh the rest of the body... I've never been very good at drawing bodies myself but this doesn't feel... err... I can't really explain it in words but it's just no good at all!! The hair is kinda fine but because the head is too big, it just looks weird and out of place. As for Sakuya... Oh god... He's by far worse than Chihaya so I'd rather leave it as a "No Comment". If anything improved in her "artworks", it would be the coloring. In this cover picture, it's sort of out of place proably cuz she tried to make it similar to her old coloring style but I did like it in Harmonia...

- Vil Schoenheit
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Apr 29, 2017 7:48 PM
Jan 2010
The VN is amazing, the anime had the potential but they ultimately failed. I had no problems with the art tho, maybe I don't care much about this or don't watch as much anime as the most of you but I thought it was pretty good lol

Expanding on the "failed": I mean, they were right on the track to not do all the heroines routes (like LB tried to do) and do a unique route instead, I really think this was the way to go, and I also understand that they can't adapt everything since Rewrite is a pretty long VN but still....yeah it was overly rushed. I remember taking days to discover Gil and Pani and they've been shown in the very first episode, what the fuck.

Not sure if it could be done the right way with only 13 episodes for season 1 but I'm sure as hell it could've been better. Something like 16-18 episodes would be ideal for making a good adaption for the series.

Season 2 was slighty better, Moon was a bit rushed while Terra had solid pacing (except in the very end). 13 instead of 11 episodes could actually work for Moon + Terra...I feel like they messed up the big battle in Moon, and also most of the deaths in Terra (especially Esaka's, that fight was terrible).
Also, if I'm being honest I didn't like the Terra ending in the VN either (good memories are just actually made out of betrayal and killing people to stop a war? Without any new ideology? Nah, it didn't do it for me, in a real world those betrayal death would become martyres and the war would restart even stronger, I expected something more meaningful, it was pretty bad), but one of the best scenes is when Kotarou tries to get Akane out of the other world and his parents help him, it was pretty strong and I'm shocked to not see it in the anime.

Just before I go I will say this here: Akane the best girl
GBcrazyApr 29, 2017 7:52 PM
May 1, 2017 3:52 PM

Nov 2016
GBcrazy said:

I see that someone gets it. Yup, all the other girls are good but Akane is by faaar the best. All the other ones except for Kotori fit too much into the stereotype and Akane is too amazing.

- Vil Schoenheit
♥ Credits to Shuuka
May 4, 2017 9:10 PM
Aug 2013
GBcrazy said:
Also, if I'm being honest I didn't like the Terra ending in the VN either (good memories are just actually made out of betrayal and killing people to stop a war? Without any new ideology? Nah, it didn't do it for me, in a real world those betrayal death would become martyres and the war would restart even stronger, I expected something more meaningful, it was pretty bad), but one of the best scenes is when Kotarou tries to get Akane out of the other world and his parents help him, it was pretty strong and I'm shocked to not see it in the anime.

Worst misunderstanding I've seen about the meaning of "good memories" in the VN. First of all we're talking about what are good memories for the planet (every individual has its own good memories) which is said explicitly by Terra Kagari like this: "The (humanity's) ability and the will to carve open a path to the future". Those are the good memories Kotarou was looking for and for that he had to sacrifice everything in his life, not having any friends nor any true connection until the end where his only reward is Kagari's acknowledgment of his love and her kiss. Kotarou wasn't betraying and killing for any pointless reason that would exist in the real world, he did it because he knew (subconsciously with Moon Kagari's help) that this was the only path Earth could take to survive, of course there's nothing like that in real life but that's why this is fiction.

And yes my hate for 8Shit grew tenfold when they skipped one of Rewrite's best scenes.

And Akane is good, but Moon Kagari is best girl that's why she is the main heroine *mic drop* *runs away* Or not haha everyone has different tastes.
May 4, 2017 11:09 PM
Jan 2010
Rodielx said:

Worst misunderstanding I've seen about the meaning of "good memories" in the VN. First of all we're talking about what are good memories for the planet (every individual has its own good memories) which is said explicitly by Terra Kagari like this: "The (humanity's) ability and the will to carve open a path to the future".

But "the humanity's abaility and the will to carve open a path to the future" was Guardian's motto all long. No matter how you try to twist it, they always said "humanity still has the right to live" and gave their lifes for it. I don't see what Kotarou has done different, except loving Kagari (and they didn't really go for a "love saves earth" story anyway).

I love Rewrite as much as the next guy but this ending wasn't meaningful for me, and I feel you're forcing yourself into seeing a meaning where there really isn't. But if there's something I'm missing I would love for you to point it for me.

I'll give you that Moon's route was better than Akane's (sadly Akane's route was pretty average, Lucia and Moon are the winners for me), but the best girl is still the best girl bro.
May 5, 2017 12:21 PM
Aug 2013
GBcrazy said:
But "the humanity's abaility and the will to carve open a path to the future" was Guardian's motto all long. No matter how you try to twist it, they always said "humanity still has the right to live" and gave their lifes for it. I don't see what Kotarou has done different, except loving Kagari (and they didn't really go for a "love saves earth" story anyway).

I love Rewrite as much as the next guy but this ending wasn't meaningful for me, and I feel you're forcing yourself into seeing a meaning where there really isn't. But if there's something I'm missing I would love for you to point it for me.

I'll give you that Moon's route was better than Akane's (sadly Akane's route was pretty average, Lucia and Moon are the winners for me), but the best girl is still the best girl bro.

Of course not, Guardian KNEW that Earth would die sooner than later but they said that even so humanity has the right to live until then, ok they're right but they didn't even try to search for the true solution, the good memories that Kagari wanted, so Kotarou did. Guardian was a little bit right but they didn't do anything else, they stagnated, Kotarou didn't, all for Kagari's sake. I'm not twisting anything there and I can even quote how Guardian always said "yeah we'll die but not now" practically saying they'll give up when the time comes. And yeah even if the whole story isn't about "love saves Earth", at least Kotarou's story in Terra is all about how he had nothing and then found Kagari so he gave Earth hope just for her but had to kill her in the end, as he said "This love story is perfect for me".

Of course Rewrite isn't just Moon and Terra routes, all the other routes are awesome, but for me Moon and Terra with their endings are the best. The meaning of a story is different for each person, if you see that there just isn't any then that's you but as long as you say a reason and I can refute it, I will, as I did above.

Everyone has a best girl, mine is Moon Kagari the main heroine. But I feel you bro, there has been so many times that I read a story and it has the perfect best girl but the story revolves around another one.
May 13, 2017 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
Volume 9 BD Cover Akane and Shimako
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
May 14, 2017 5:08 AM

Nov 2016
Ishkoten said:

Oh, this one actually looks nice... When I don't focus on their faces. The problem here for Hinoue's art lies in their faces but the overall looks fine.

Seems like they're doing "pair" covers.
So, it went like this so far: "Kotarou & Kagari" - "Chihaya & Sakuya" - "Akane & Shimako"
We've got four volumes left... Three of them will be... Maybe this? "Shizuru & Esaka" - "Lucia & Nishikujou" - "Kotori & Chibimoth" with the last one another "Kotarou & Kagari" or even a full OkaKen (hard but can still be managed).
Well, I can also imagine them doing of these sets "Shizuru & Lucia", "Akane (loli) & Kotori (loli)", "Yasmin & Midou group (& Luis maybe)", "Kotarou & Nishikujou & Imamiya" (<-- I need this one!!!) "Kotarou & Yoshino"...
Welp, honestly, I would've prefered if they went for anime art cover for the second season volumes... I know the anime art is shit but it's still by faaar better than the recent Hinoue arts imo. At least the anime art is not deformed (I'm talking about the covers and arts, okay? Not the shit that in the anime).

- Vil Schoenheit
♥ Credits to Shuuka
May 14, 2017 7:24 AM

May 2010
What happened to Akane's mouth lolz? It's like she's taking a selfie. Shimako looks meh as well. Probably one of my least favourite covers from that series :(
May 15, 2017 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
Well, and here I thought her artstyle will improve but it seems it's getting worse. Everything is "moe" on her recent artstyles but in a horrible way.

To be honest, her artstyle on Rewrite's first release is way better.

May 19, 2017 2:13 AM

Jul 2014
Ishkoten said:

if they drop this kawaii look it would be better, anyway glad to see a cover with akane
May 19, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
sonnestark said:

if they drop this kawaii look it would be better, anyway glad to see a cover with akane

It's not just the "moe" look... The characters she draws are deformed. It's like she's trying hard to change the way she draws her characters (especially their faces) and she's failing hard. The eyes, in particular, I noticed that she's changing their forms. And well, the faces overall are deformed. I honestly don't appreciate her artworks anymore. Even her old Kanon arts are better than this.

- Vil Schoenheit
♥ Credits to Shuuka
May 19, 2017 9:47 AM

Sep 2011
Redth_SA said:
sonnestark said:

It's not just the "moe" look... The characters she draws are deformed. It's like she's trying hard to change the way she draws her characters (especially their faces) and she's failing hard. The eyes, in particular, I noticed that she's changing their forms. And well, the faces overall are deformed. I honestly don't appreciate her artworks anymore. Even her old Kanon arts are better than this.

I totally agree with you though. It makes me wonder why Harmonia's art looks better yet that's also one of her recent artworks meanwhile she's failing so hard on Rewrite BD covers and even the art cover of Rewrite+ and its new CGs.

Good thing she won't be involved on Key's next game.
TennoujiMay 19, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 1, 2017 7:06 PM

Dec 2012
New samples are here more fanserivce
LightBladeNova said:
Jun 2, 2017 1:50 AM

Sep 2011
That Akane's SMALL boobs.

Jun 2, 2017 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
Ishkoten said:

That looks neat :S

xD aaaaaand...

Tennouji said:

Yup. Uh, we're going to jail tho aren't we? Idk :T (well assuming that's when they're a bit older compared tho soo)
Jun 2, 2017 2:40 AM

Sep 2011
Symphyon said:
Ishkoten said:

That looks neat :S

xD aaaaaand...

Tennouji said:

Yup. Uh, we're going to jail tho aren't we? Idk :T (well assuming that's when they're a bit older compared tho soo)

I don't think they're loli given their height and Chihaya's boobs are more noticeable than Akane's. I just don't know what was Itaru(Or whoever is the artist) thinking.

And I agree with you that these are very neat compared on most previous official artworks.

But for some reason, I couldn't like Akane's art on this(And almost 95%-97% anime character designs of Akane's). Not because of that small boobs but I dunno, I feel her art is out of place compared to others. And if I'm going to compare Akane's anime character design and Akane's VN character design, it really feels different unlike when I compared other heroines' anime and visual novel character designs.
TennoujiJun 2, 2017 2:47 AM

Jun 3, 2017 11:05 AM
Jan 2010
Tennouji said:

Man this is so wrong. Akane is supposed to be the boobs goddess
Jun 6, 2017 2:23 PM

May 2010
Whoa, how can you even forget that Akane has best boobs anyway o_O Hello, remember oppai ending?

Anyway, the designs from this adaptation are so meh and simplistic I don't even care that much :v
Jun 27, 2017 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
BD 10th Volume cover
LightBladeNova said:
Jul 1, 2017 11:48 AM

May 2010
They've added 11th cover as well:

Shizuru/Touka one is terrible, Touka looks like she just had botox injection a few moments earlier T^T Thankfully cover with Lucia is slightly better... Two more left! The next one should be with Kotori.
Jul 3, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
Eh. From my perspective, only Shizuru and Esaka look more "Rewrite original"(Old art style of Itaru) to me. Lucia is meh. I hope I can see more "Rewrite original" of Lucia more but with new Guardian outfit.

Aug 23, 2017 5:53 AM

May 2010
Finally, we get to see the covers of last two volumes.

The 11th is meh, nothing special, but I do like the last one! Only Kotori's face is a bit fucked up and she has these weird, bulky eyes, but the rest of OkaKen looks pretty good.

Anyway, you guys might have heard it already, but the last BD volume will include Rewrite: Cradles Tale, short vn, which is supposed to take place right after anime epilogue... Which makes anime ending canon I guess :D
They really can't leave Rewrite behind, do they? First original vn, then Rewrite+, then anime, and now this xD It's like Tanaka can't decide how to conclude this story, sigh.
Aug 24, 2017 9:35 PM

Jul 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
They really can't leave Rewrite behind, do they? First original vn, then Rewrite+, then anime, and now this xD It's like Tanaka can't decide how to conclude this story, sigh.

And with every attempt they make, it gets worse.

I'm sure this epilogue will be a senseless fanservice trash with a harem-type ending. Worthy of the anime.
Aug 25, 2017 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
Kotori and Kagari with closed eyes are nice.

Char desings gets only worse and worse. Maybe it's just for me, plus I'm not realy into original Hinoue_art. I liked only manga_Side-R & ZEN (old)art style.

P.S. I hope they'll leave Rewrite alone after the last volume and never touch it again.
Sep 3, 2017 12:13 PM
Aug 2013
Materialist said:
P.S. I hope they'll leave Rewrite alone after the last volume and never touch it again.

I'm hoping an actual, decent studio makes an adaptation worthy of Rewrite though... maybe one or two years... or DECADES after but whatever someday.

Who am I kidding that won't ever happen, I won't die in peace T_T
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.