Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 13, 2017 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
This time around, we'll have some more insightful discussion, considering now this season will actually adapting the source material all the way through.

To start off the discussion, I'm wondering how they will portray the 'acid trip' scene in Moon. In addition to that, the scene where Kotarou learns about The Omnipotent Power, since both these scenes are quite abstract in how they were constructed in the VN.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2017 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
sanata50lbsb said:
This time around, we'll have some more insightful discussion, considering now this season will actually adapting the source material all the way through.

To start off the discussion, I'm wondering how they will portray the 'acid trip' scene in Moon. In addition to that, the scene where Kotarou learns about The Omnipotent Power, since both these scenes are quite abstract in how they were constructed in the VN.

I will not be active as much over here (for reasons as you have noticed, will be more active on Facebook on Rewrite, or twitter or Kazamatsuri) but to go into the kicking start:

If you mean moreso the scene in the second half of Moon Route (which is moreso the looking of the paintings? If I remember correctly that's more of what you're pointing in the second one) then I'm wondering how they will adapt that scene as well as how they will translate it into Visual Novel format (because you do need to translate it into the visual format in anime form to make it work better... it's kinda hard to think now that I think about it, but I am surely thinking they can adapt it somehow the same but at the same time maybe adding some more into the second person perspective? If we describe Kotarou since we aren't the ones looking, but it would work somehow at least to me.
Jan 14, 2017 4:44 AM

Apr 2015
sanata50lbsb said:

You don't know that yet.
Jan 14, 2017 6:15 AM

Sep 2015
Didn't know the second season started airing today, what a pleasant surprise. For some reason I thought it was going to air in April....

Anyways, can't wait to watch it. Hoping for the best as always, but prepared for the worst. :)

Jan 14, 2017 10:12 AM

Feb 2014
I thought this first episode was quite alright. Not the best, of course, but it was definitely better than the first season. I can only hope it improves over time but we'll see.
If I were to guess, next episode would probably include Kotarou rewriting himself, his interactions with Kagari, and the dance. The third episode will probably be the return of the occult club and the big fight, and then Terra starts fourth episode.
Jan 14, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2015
Remember this?

I was right.

Jan 14, 2017 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
Lol dude are you fucking stalking me?

And yeah, i favorited the thing because this episode just left me stunned. It was really well done. And most importantly, i liked very much.

Do you have a problem with that?
Jan 14, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Murasa22 said:
Lol dude are you fucking stalking me?

And yeah, i favorited the thing because this episode just left me stunned. It was really well done. And most importantly, i liked very much.

Do you have a problem with that?

No, I don't.
And I'm sure I'm gonna be stunned too, for entirely different reasons.
Jan 14, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
lLEON said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

No, I don't.
And I'm sure I'm gonna be stunned too, for entirely different reasons.

Did you already watched the first episode of the Moon and Terra? what's your opinion?

Not yet. I'm scared. The first season was such a fucking betrayal. It felt nothing like Rewrite - the characters, the story, the atmosphere, the art - everything was so off and just plain wrong.
But... I need to watch it, sooner or later. So, tomorrow, I think. (God, help me T_T)
Jan 14, 2017 11:34 AM
Dec 2010
Animated Kotori ending with Scattered Flowers hit me right in the feels. And I wasn't expecting the Kotarou deaths/reconverges to be so graphic.

But that's pretty much exactly what VN Moon was up to this point.
Jan 14, 2017 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
I actually thought that this first episode was actually legit good, I say legit good to say it more frankly to not make it seem more vague. I do hope they can stay consistent since I liked this too much.

The OP Visual Wise are pretty good too, I love that dance sequence especially.

Jan 14, 2017 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Wow. This portrayal of the first part of Moon was actually quite good. Seeing those bits from the original routes was also quite the treat for us VN players. If they can keep this up, we've got a good season ahead of us.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 14, 2017 5:01 PM

May 2010
I also quite enjoyed the first episode, I've had a few laughs (I forgot how much I love Morita-san), and wasn't disappointed with adaptation of any scene from the Moon route so far. We even got a few gore-ish shots!

Besides, I totally loved the opening sequence, animation looks stunning in it (though Kotarou is a bit too short in it imo). Too bad it's not a bit longer :( Dat moment when he changes into the star ;_;

Also, in case someone still hasn't seen it, latest BD cover, this time with Lucia:
Jan 14, 2017 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
I also quite enjoyed the first episode, I've had a few laughs (I forgot how much I love Morita-san), and wasn't disappointed with adaptation of any scene from the Moon route so far. We even got a few gore-ish shots!

Besides, I totally loved the opening sequence, animation looks stunning in it (though Kotarou is a bit too short in it imo). Too bad it's not a bit longer :( Dat moment when he changes into the star ;_;

Also, in case someone still hasn't seen it, latest BD cover, this time with Lucia:

I kinda thought the OP sequence for this season was actually few symbolizing moments (how Kagari represents Moon and Kotarou as earth, and a bit of foreshadowing too)

Also I got that BD Cover on my files. Lucchi looks so adorable and neat ;w;
Jan 14, 2017 7:57 PM

Jul 2013
@Gotrys_Cheslock
I know you hate season 1 with a passion, but you might want to at least check out episode 14, it was actually pretty damn good in my opinion.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 14, 2017 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
This first episode really got me hyped for this part now:

I wonder how this will play out though. Choosing "Tabi" for the opening was a really smart choice.

Which means that "Rewrite" will be the OP for Terra. Can't wait!
Jan 15, 2017 4:52 AM

Apr 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
@Gotrys_Cheslock
I know you hate season 1 with a passion, but you might want to at least check out episode 14, it was actually pretty damn good in my opinion.

I will. Art still looks like absolute shit and Kotarou's voice just pisses me off, (What the fuck are you doing Morita-san? This sounds nothing like Kotarou from VN's Terra) but I guess I need to check it out. And, please - it's not episode 14. First season was a joke, so for me episodes 1-13 are nonexistent.
Jan 15, 2017 5:06 AM

May 2010
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
(What the fuck are you doing Morita-san? This sounds nothing like Kotarou from VN's Terra)

Because it's not Kotarou from Terra? :v In Terra he is serious, mature and cold, in anime so far he was just a carefree and kind teenager from common route/harvest festa. Of course he's gonna sound different.
Jan 15, 2017 5:21 AM

Apr 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
(What the fuck are you doing Morita-san? This sounds nothing like Kotarou from VN's Terra)

Because it's not Kotarou from Terra? :v In Terra he is serious, mature and cold, in anime so far he was just a carefree and kind teenager from common route/harvest festa. Of course he's gonna sound different.

I can agree to some extent, but I'm still worried he's gonna sound like that (read: like a moron) in the anime version of Terra.
Jan 15, 2017 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Kitsu-nee said:

I can agree to some extent, but I'm still worried he's gonna sound like that (read: like a moron) in the anime version of Terra.

Tbh I thought he would have sound like this in Moon (again, re-read this 3 times already, last time being a week and a half ago from what I remember), then again that's just my personal opinion in the end.

I do hope the mature tone stays there for Kotarou in Terra, since he has an actual voice in the VN so judging from there and how it's done, we'll see. Too early to judge from there.
Jan 18, 2017 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
Miracle Adventure should be in the next episode. Are you guys excited for the acid trip?

Man, can't wait to see how they will animate this.
Murasa22Jan 18, 2017 2:23 PM
Jan 18, 2017 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
Murasa22 said:
Miracle Adventure should be in the next episode. Are you guys excited for the acid trip?

Man, can't wait to see how they will animate this.

I am excited, but it will be easy to fuck it up. Though, I'm not expecting anything bad per se; I just think we might see something we weren't expecting. As long as they at least make it feel really abstract and of course incorporate "The Land", I'll be good.

If anything, I'm looking forward to the dance more (assuming that'll be next episode).
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 18, 2017 10:31 PM

May 2010
Actually I didn't like that part much in the vn, it was a bit too mindfucking to my brain :D But I'm excited to see how they will adapt it, that's for sure
Jan 20, 2017 6:45 AM

Dec 2012

Looks like we getting to the heroines show up in episode 2. They are adapting the dance.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jan 20, 2017 7:49 AM

Jul 2013
Ishkoten said:

Looks like we getting to the heroines show up in episode 2. They are adapting the dance.

Of course they are adapting the dance. It's like one of the most important scenes in Moon, and my personal favorite scene in the Rewrite VN. So naturally, I'm gonna be picky about that scene. For example: They better use 'Harvest' from the original OST

Looking forward to it for sure
~Nectar Moon in a Silent Sea~
sanata50lbsbJan 20, 2017 7:52 AM
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 20, 2017 9:10 AM

Jun 2013
Ishkoten said:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY

next episode is going to be beautiful
Jan 20, 2017 11:25 AM
Dec 2010
I don't think they're going to spend a whole lot of time on the acid scene if they're going all the way up to the heroines in this episode.

Guess we're probably looking at a 3 or 4 episode Moon then. Well, the more time for Terra, the better...
Jan 20, 2017 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
bcruise said:
I don't think they're going to spend a whole lot of time on the acid scene if they're going all the way up to the heroines in this episode.

Guess we're probably looking at a 3 or 4 episode Moon then. Well, the more time for Terra, the better...
bcruise said:

Honestly the acid scene isn't the that long in terms of what happens. Just a lot of inner monologue as all that's happening. I can see them doing the acid trip scene all the way to the heroines showing up within the timeframe the timeframe they have. 3 episodes should suffice.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 20, 2017 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Ishkoten said:

OHHHHHHHHH THE DANCE SCENE! That's like one of my favorite scenes about Moon, although I don't think they can do an amazing job but please, maintain that dance at least long enough for me to enjoy it >~<

sanata50lbsb said:
bcruise said:

bcruise said:

Honestly the acid scene isn't the that long in terms of what happens. Just a lot of inner monologue as all that's happening. I can see them doing the acid trip scene all the way to the heroines showing up within the timeframe the timeframe they have. 3 episodes should suffice.

Yep, I think they can still do the acid trip since it has a lot of text to it and writing on it. I think from what I remember there was an occasion where it had some dialogue.
Jan 20, 2017 12:27 PM

Jun 2013
Do you guys think we'll be getting "Rewrite" tomorrow? or maybe at the 3rd episode before the great CGi battle?

Or for Terra's OP only?
Jan 20, 2017 12:34 PM
Dec 2010
Murasa22 said:
Do you guys think we'll be getting "Rewrite" tomorrow? or maybe at the 3rd episode before the great CGi battle?

Or for Terra's OP only?

Depends how they animate it. If they do it like the VN (which would make a damn good OP itself) it'll probably only be this episode and the next one, because it's full of the heroines fighting. Of course they don't factor in Terra (except for child Akane and Kotori).

Seems like it would be a shame to use it for only 2 episodes, though. Of course they might hold it for only the third episode and the fighting like you mentioned too.

I think the Journey OP was a one-off for the start of Moon and Season 2.
bcruiseJan 20, 2017 12:39 PM
Jan 21, 2017 2:14 AM

Mar 2016
Episode 2 screenshots

Jan 21, 2017 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode yet again
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 21, 2017 2:47 PM

Mar 2016
If Moon will have 4eps, do you guys think that 7eps for Terra is enough?
Jan 21, 2017 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
Materialist said:

It's 3 episodes for Moon, no doubt.

But i think either 7 or 8 episodes for Terra is enough, yes.
Jan 22, 2017 2:30 AM

Mar 2016
Murasa22 said:
Materialist said:

It's 3 episodes for Moon, no doubt.

But i think either 7 or 8 episodes for Terra is enough, yes.

I just hope for extra one (4), coz anime watchers will be pissed off if Okaken was ressurected just to die after 10-15min in next episode. (also MUST NO SKIP CIVILIZATION GAME!), moreover it's last chance for girls to shine..since we won't see them till end of the Terra. We need that heartwarming episode to have more impactful *deaths* later.

Give at least one episode for them, you, 8bit! (anyway it's aready decided, 3 or 4...but no one knows except staff team. Now I'm scared, and not_realy_looking forward into next week)

Better (a bit) dragged two, than rushed one. +Terra ...is long, but can be compressed to 7 instead of 8, and that..hope won't hurt too much(even if a bit rushed). Atleast Moon won't be rushed at all

p.s. why 11ep, not 12(13)....
Jan 22, 2017 2:39 AM

May 2010
Materialist said:
p.s. why 11ep, not 12(13)....

It was already announced, that the whole Rewrite series will be 24 episodes long, and since in the first cour we got 13... :<
Jan 22, 2017 7:58 AM

Dec 2012
Can't wait for anime-onlies reactions on seeing their heroines die in episode 3 xD
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jan 22, 2017 9:35 AM

Nov 2016
I'd say that it'd be 4 episodes cuz right now we're halfway through moon, rushing the rest would be quite bad for the pace tbh and I'd personally perfer it if they don't skip anything (am I the only one who thinks that the civilization game is an important part of moon?) and Terra can do just fine in 7 eps. It feels like the rest of moon needs about an episode and a bit more than a half of an episode if they keep this pace. I'm kinda hoping they'd fill that empty space with Chihaya/Sakuya's backstories. They're the last ones to die, perfect chance to put in their backstories, don't you think? And it'd be quite unfair for Chihaya not to get anything since Shizulucia got part of Common and Akane and Kotori got Terra.

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
🕂Anime List🕂Manga List🕂VN List🕂
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Jan 22, 2017 9:41 AM

Mar 2016
Redth_SA said:
I'd say that it'd be 4 episodes cuz right now we're halfway through moon, rushing the rest would be quite bad for the pace tbh and I'd personally perfer it if they don't skip anything (am I the only one who thinks that the civilization game is an important part of moon?) and Terra can do just fine in 7 eps. It feels like the rest of moon needs about an episode and a bit more than a half of an episode if they keep this pace. I'm kinda hoping they'd fill that empty space with Chihaya/Sakuya's backstories. They're the last ones to die, perfect chance to put in their backstories, don't you think? And it'd be quite unfair for Chihaya not to get anything since Shizulucia got part of Common and Akane and Kotori got Terra.

you are not the only one. I'm shocked to see VN-readers who are okay with 3ep. for Moon.
+yes...about Sakuya/Chihaya ..that indeed a good point.
Jan 22, 2017 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
Redth_SA said:

Nah they should do the scene where a lonely girl carries a boy to a city who can pass out any moment and then a good friend of theirs helps them to get him to the hospital.

They should do this bro.. The kotori route was the best one.

Edit: just kidding bro and didn't Sakuya train Kotori in Kagari's route? (The AO one)
there's that
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 22, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2010
Takamura-sama said:
Nah they should do the scene where a lonely girl carries a boy to a city who can pass out any moment and then a good friend of theirs helps them to get him to the hospital.

Totally, but they need to include the one where she doesn't visit him in the hospital for the next few months too, huehue.
Jan 22, 2017 10:00 AM

Jun 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
Takamura-sama said:

Totally, but they need to include the one where she doesn't visit him in the hospital for the next few months too, huehue.

I'll cry so much that I need to punch my cat to feel manly again.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 22, 2017 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
Materialist said:
Redth_SA said:

you are not the only one. I'm shocked to see VN-readers who are okay with 3ep. for Moon.

It's because we want Terra to be as long as it can be so it doesn't feel rushed as fuck. I just can't see Terra working that well with only 7 episodes.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jan 22, 2017 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
sanata50lbsb said:
Materialist said:

It's because we want Terra to be as long as it can be so it doesn't feel rushed as fuck. I just can't see Terra working that well with only 7 episodes.

Terra can be pulled off decently with 7 episodes but that's not clearly enough for it to be fairly honest. It needs at least 8 episodes, unless they can pull it off somehow honestly with 7, although there would be a chance for it to be rushed as well, so I'm not sure.
Jan 22, 2017 3:49 PM

Mar 2016
IMHO If they try to end Moon in next episode... that would be a trainwreck.

Anyway, episodes already done... so it's too late to speculate. If only someone could try to ask Tensho to give us hint about next ep.
MaterialistJan 22, 2017 4:26 PM
Jan 22, 2017 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
Materialist said:

Anyway, episodes already done... so it's too late to speculate. If only someome could try to ask Tensho to give us hint about next ep.

They can cut off the civilization game..i wouldn't mind if they did that
Jan 22, 2017 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Materialist said:

Anyway, episodes already done... so it's too late to speculate. If only someone could try to ask Tensho to give us hint about next ep.

They can still be able to finish Moon by this week because I think if we want Terra to get at least a decent amount of episodes, they have to go and finish Moon this week, if not then the more they cover Moon, the lesser chance we might get a decent adaptation of Terra. That's the thing for me at least.

Terra is extremely long so I think maybe they could cut off the part where the female characters can get along and such and playing, it doesn't really affect the overall story imho.
Jan 23, 2017 9:42 AM

Nov 2016
Murasa22 said:
Materialist said:

Anyway, episodes already done... so it's too late to speculate. If only someome could try to ask Tensho to give us hint about next ep.

They can cut off the civilization game..i wouldn't mind if they did that

Even if they cut of civilization game do you seriously think it's enough to cut off an entire episode for moon? I dunno when you read the vn but I re-read moon recently, tbh second half was more eventful than first half. If they want to cut from second half it'd be the horrible cg mess battle (bad idea) and it'd still not be enough... And ending it in one episode is a real bad idea cuz of the pace if they intended to make it 3 eps long, they'd have made the two first eps more rushed than this imo.

Symphyon said:
Materialist said:

They can still be able to finish Moon by this week because I think if we want Terra to get at least a decent amount of episodes, they have to go and finish Moon this week, if not then the more they cover Moon, the lesser chance we might get a decent adaptation of Terra. That's the thing for me at least.

Terra is extremely long so I think maybe they could cut off the part where the female characters can get along and such and playing, it doesn't really affect the overall story imho.

Terra isn't that long, you know... It's about any heroine route's length... Yes, it was more eventful and there isn't much to cut from it but... tho slightly rushed it can even be pulled off in 6 episodes... 7 episodes is about right for it tbh.

And guys, moon is the last chance for the five girls to shine together and the last chance to show the oka-ken doing stuff together... If they remove the oka-ken activities during moon, there woudn't be much feels for last scene in terra... The oka-ken playing together may not affect the overall story but it affects the feels that come around the end of rewrite...

EDIT: btw, who's the star who's gonna show up next episode and we're gonna see animated for the first time? SAKUYAA HB!! Holy shit, Sakuya HB animated... This is gonna be fun to see...

EDIT2: And civilization game wasn't completely pointless and all about oka-ken playing together...
RedduJan 23, 2017 10:16 AM

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
🕂Anime List🕂Manga List🕂VN List🕂
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Jan 23, 2017 10:10 AM

Mar 2016
Redth_SA said:

.......And guys, moon is the last chance for the five girls to shine together and the last chance to show the oka-ken doing stuff together... If they remove the oka-ken activities during moon, there woudn't be much feels for last scene in terra... The oka-ken playing together may not affect the overall story but it affects the feels that come around the end of rewrite.......

I hope Tensho understand that too.
MaterialistJan 23, 2017 10:19 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.