Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 1, 2017 2:36 PM

Aug 2016
Is it just me or has watching anime become extremely boring lately and now i just mostly find reading manga enjoyable? I feel like anime has become a lot more childish? Maybe it just me growing up more, but after watching so much i just find some things unbearable and cringey. I feel like reading is much simpler and i can go at my own pace without problems.
Does anybody else relate to this or am i just weird?
Jan 1, 2017 3:01 PM

Jan 2017
I thought I was the only one!

For me the reason is that anime is lacking interesting plots, and variation of art. Kind of anime is being cloned.

High school anime girls everywhere.
Jan 1, 2017 3:41 PM

Aug 2016
lakhdar said:
I thought I was the only one!

For me the reason is that anime is lacking interesting plots, and variation of art. Kind of anime is being cloned.

High school anime girls everywhere.

Yea this is another reason every new season is just the same anime with another cliche highschool plot. Thats why ive been reading so much seinen nothing is the same.
Jan 1, 2017 4:48 PM

Jan 2016
Quite the opposite for me, lately i've had some problems to find manga that interest me and the high school setting is very common even in the manga.

I guess i will go back to the western comics.
Jan 1, 2017 5:02 PM

Aug 2016
Johnnyd3rp said:
Quite the opposite for me, lately i've had some problems to find manga that interest me and the high school setting is very common even in the manga.

I guess i will go back to the western comics.

I guess its just natural we get burnt out of something. I often find myself taking breaks from manga/anime after watching a lot.
Jan 1, 2017 5:19 PM

May 2013
I've felt the same as you guys. I think it's a combination of a lot of things. I've seen so much anime, I feel burnt out, but it's also the fact that I've seen most of the anime I wanted to watch. There's also the fact that I've got more choices when it comes to manga, since not every manga has been animated. On top of that, I've been having less and less time to dedicate to 20+ minutes per episode. It takes like 3-8 minutes for a chapter of a manga series.
Jan 1, 2017 6:18 PM

Aug 2014
tterraj said:
Is it just me or has watching anime become extremely boring lately and now i just mostly find reading manga enjoyable? I feel like anime has become a lot more childish? Maybe it just me growing up more, but after watching so much i just find some things unbearable and cringey. I feel like reading is much simpler and i can go at my own pace without problems.
Does anybody else relate to this or am i just weird?

I feel exactly the same way with most anime. I feel regret when I waste time with a bad anime because every episode is about 20 minutes but with manga I can read at my own pace and with how fast I read at times I can read like 20 chapters or so in a day.
Jan 1, 2017 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
Same here,
To the point I now mostly bother for original anime and manga adaptation for which the scanlation isn't complete or is inexistent.

Because now I prefer reading manga over watching anime.

tterraj said:
Thats why ive been reading so much seinen nothing is the same.

It's more diverse, more broad than what you find in anime.
But don't worry, after reading a whole lot, you'll start to see patterns in it too. Even more if you keep reading the same manga category (seinen in your case).
Because if your manga list is complete, you haven't read much yet. Not enough for seeing those patterns. へへ
Jan 2, 2017 12:41 AM

Aug 2016
lady_freyja said:
Same here,
To the point I now mostly bother for original anime and manga adaptation for which the scanlation isn't complete or is inexistent.

Because now I prefer reading manga over watching anime.

tterraj said:
Thats why ive been reading so much seinen nothing is the same.

It's more diverse, more broad than what you find in anime.
But don't worry, after reading a whole lot, you'll start to see patterns in it too. Even more if you keep reading the same manga category (seinen in your case).
Because if your manga list is complete, you haven't read much yet. Not enough for seeing those patterns. へへ

Yea i know exactly what you mean, and i havent completed my manga or anime list really. I used to just type the name and chapter im on in Microsoft word as a place holder, and im to lazy to search for everything ive read.
But ive lately found patterns and have gotten bored, but i usually take a break when reading a lot so it doesnt get me bored, because when i read to much i often find myself skipping dialogue and just scrolling to get to the next chapter
Jan 2, 2017 4:29 PM
Oct 2016
I haven't watched anime on my own in almost a year, I've just been reading manga really. But not because I don't want to; because I can't find anything really worth watching. But I still watch anime daily with my boyfriend (: we're about to start Code Geass together FINALLY.

But yeah; any horror, psychological, gore anime suggestions are welcome!
Jan 3, 2017 9:04 AM

Aug 2016
definitely not just you, i only started watching anime like 4-5 months ago but like three months in i started to feel like ive seen everything and started to drop alot more anime than when i started, so i started reading manga and im liking it alot more because of the massive selection of manga out there lol.
Jan 3, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2010
I prefer reading manga, because i'm too impatient to sit and stare at a screen for 20+ minutes. I like reading manga because I can read it on the bus or wherever and stop in the middle of a chapter if i need to. Stopping in the middle of an episode of anime is more complicated....

i also prefer manga because it tends to be the source material for a lot of anime anyway and the story pacing is usually better. I like seeing the mangakas artistic skills in each page~ :v
Jan 4, 2017 4:30 PM

Jul 2014
I don't prefer one medium over the other and I tend to split my time between anime and manga pretty evenly so I don't usually get burnt out on either one. Usually being the key word. There are times when I'll look at the anime I'm watching or plan to watch and just have no desire to watch anything. When that happens I'll switch over to manga for a while. The opposite happens too where I'll have no desire to read manga so I'll immerse myself in anime.
Jan 4, 2017 5:40 PM

Aug 2016
TFO1013 said:
I don't prefer one medium over the other and I tend to split my time between anime and manga pretty evenly so I don't usually get burnt out on either one. Usually being the key word. There are times when I'll look at the anime I'm watching or plan to watch and just have no desire to watch anything. When that happens I'll switch over to manga for a while. The opposite happens too where I'll have no desire to read manga so I'll immerse myself in anime.

I have that same problem right now, the past 4 days i havent read anything since binging 60 chapters of Real in 2 days. Now nothing looks entertaining, and i have the same problem with anime for the past few weeks, i feel like ive watched everything that already interests me. Going to try and watch Log Horizon tonight hope i enjoy it.

More topics from this board

» 2 Foreigners Arrested in Japan for Posting Shonen Jump Manga Online Before Publication

Rogerhunter - Feb 4

11 by Alexioos95 »»
5 hours ago

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

157 by BrainpanSonata »»
Yesterday, 9:16 AM

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1066 by Saori_Shun »»
Yesterday, 8:58 AM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

385 by PurpleViola »»
May 3, 5:12 AM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

29 by Synrax »»
May 2, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.