Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2016 5:26 PM

Mar 2012
Hello everyone!
As you probably know at this time Steam sales are already draining wallets and since I got enough money from cards and loot boxes to buy Re;birth 2 for "free" completing my PC Neptunia collection I'm looking for another game to buy.

I have both on my wishlist and I have read some reviews, Fairy Fencer seems to be more "Neptunia" while Trillion goes more into some kind of Fire Emblem kind of gameplay, but with permadeath and a challenging boss that feels appealing to me.

Anyone who have both games can sum up why I should buy one or another?
The other has to wait until the next sale (I think the nearest for this games will be Animemanga week in May...)
Waifus only represent ideals
Dec 22, 2016 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force is releasing for PC in early 2017. It's basically Fairy Fencer F with additional content and better gameplay. Just get Trillion, otherwise you're wasting money with Fairy Fencer F.
Dec 22, 2016 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
I have played Fairy Fencer F. It's really good. You can get OP fairly easy for the story using +xx% XP furies and Damage x2 furies. But there's that tower thing. The last floor is really tough stuff, even if you're OP, so it's not really a problem if you want to tackle the tower.

I really enjoyed Fairy Fencer F. A lot. But I know nothing of the other game...
Dec 22, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2008
I have the first Fairy Fencer game and Trillion.

Fairy Fencer F was just a bad attempt at recycling Neptunia battle mechanics. I never finished the game so I can't say anything about the story, rather I don't even remember what the plot was in the first place. Honestly, the only reason why I even bought it was because of Tsunako's artwork.

Trillion is 'alright' if you're more into training simulator games more heavy on a the visual novel style. The game gets extremely tedious if you want to complete all achievements and unlock all the endings. I have it on the vita and it required like 10+ playthroughs. First couple time is alright but holy hell the game is tiring in a bad way. I never did platinum the game, missing 1 trophy, one of the girls ending which I apparently did something wrong and said fuck it and never touched it again.

Both games are by Idea Factory / Compile Heart. IF/CH games have pretty mediocre battle systems, their selling point are more often their cute girls.

Depending on the prices, would honestly not recommend either unless extremely cheap.
Dec 23, 2016 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
95PercentCaim said:
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force is releasing for PC in early 2017. It's basically Fairy Fencer F with additional content and better gameplay. Just get Trillion, otherwise you're wasting money with Fairy Fencer F.

I thought Advent Dark Force was a sequel, but if it's an improved version then I'll wait.
Thanks for the answer.

Paul said:
I have the first Fairy Fencer game and Trillion.

Fairy Fencer F was just a bad attempt at recycling Neptunia battle mechanics. I never finished the game so I can't say anything about the story, rather I don't even remember what the plot was in the first place. Honestly, the only reason why I even bought it was because of Tsunako's artwork.

Trillion is 'alright' if you're more into training simulator games more heavy on a the visual novel style. The game gets extremely tedious if you want to complete all achievements and unlock all the endings. I have it on the vita and it required like 10+ playthroughs. First couple time is alright but holy hell the game is tiring in a bad way. I never did platinum the game, missing 1 trophy, one of the girls ending which I apparently did something wrong and said fuck it and never touched it again.

Both games are by Idea Factory / Compile Heart. IF/CH games have pretty mediocre battle systems, their selling point are more often their cute girls.

Depending on the prices, would honestly not recommend either unless extremely cheap.

Well, I like the battle system of the Neptunia franchise. I love Turn-based RPGs and I don't like A-RPG.
Neptunia ones have a good pace and clear but funny combat flow (I didn't like Meganep as much as Re;birth ones since it's more tied on combo chains and less in differencing each type of attack) but tastes differ between people so I respect your opinion.

I don't really care going through multiple playthroughs if the story differs and is not only grind and grind the same scenes, I have played VNs and I think this can't be worse, so I'll buy Trillion since @95PerfectCaim said that they'll launch an improved version of Fairy Fencer in a couple of months and combine it with some of the VNs that I have still in the backlog.
Thanks for the answer and about the price, with the discount and my remaining steam wallet it'll be ~6$.
Waifus only represent ideals

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3717 by Clonazenyan »»
39 minutes ago

» First Pokémon game

ani2016 - Aug 18

36 by Clonazenyan »»
42 minutes ago

» Did anyone here own a Wii U?

Yuno - 1 hour ago

0 by Yuno »»
1 hour ago

» Nintendo is suing Palworld

Dumb - Sep 18

22 by ArabianLuffy »»
Today, 6:17 AM

» Favorite Playstation era

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 14

30 by Kajiuran »»
Today, 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.