u creep me to infinity plzzzz lmao

pls...

Thanks to vanitystar for making it
Dec 20, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2015
-shad- said:
No one is going to comment on the hard effort i made on that one post

:feelsbadmang:
Ok since you are looking for tips to improve here's one. As either alignment, if you're about to be lynched you should be fighting like hell against it, and make your meme death post AFTER -____- You seriously are lucky to have survived and you should try not to waste your precious second chance.
Dec 20, 2016 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
Phraze said:
@-shad-
u creep me to infinity plzzzz lmao
Dead men tell no tales so neither should you.
Dec 20, 2016 9:35 AM

Jan 2010
Togs said:
-shad- said:
No one is going to comment on the hard effort i made on that one post

:feelsbadmang:
Ok since you are looking for tips to improve here's one. As either alignment, if you're about to be lynched you should be fighting like hell against it, and make your meme death post AFTER -____- You seriously are lucky to have survived and you should try not to waste your precious second chance.
I totally agree with what is being said here. If you really are town then I hope you do not squander the opportunity that Pharze's death has provided you.

So my D3 targets to start will be Karote and KOta as they were both way too under the radar D2. I feel this way because they survived a lynch D1 and should have shown gratitude to those who saved them by participating. I honestly don't know why we neglected them for the majority of the phase but I do know we were trying to look at other leads.

Can town come to a consensus about participation? We need posts in order to do analysis, we need people to interact with one another to do behavioral analysis. Scum we would love it if you killed an inactive player tonight make things interesting and fun for us all. I will be so sad and frustrated if I die tonight and half the people who signed up barely participated. I feel bad for Kit watching this from the afterlife must be painstaking.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Dec 20, 2016 9:38 AM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
PentaFlare said:

Just so you know, you are the player I trust the least in this game. Just keep that in mind.
The fact that you say then when I am probably one of the most town read furthers my thought that you may be scum. You talked about Gruffin causing panic (even planning for it) which was false narrative on your part or a misunderstanding (you haven't clarified that yet), when you were actually more involved in the cause of panic than Gruffin was. I would hope if you were scum you would have heard from your team that I am not the one to mess with but we can have it out during the night because I will be NK'd before you at this point.

This is part of why I distrust you. You are talking down to me as if I don't know what I'm doing. Also, you seem to have an inherent bias towards me being scum which is unfounded.

Also, my actions were aiming to not cause panic. You were the one who voted with less than a minute left. That causes panic. I came in, asked for the leading trains, then spent my time deciphering which train I should vote on. I didn't try to change people's views because I didn't have enough information to do so. I didn't try to change the options. I simply added my vote where I thought was best.

I can have very strong opinions. If I think someone is scum, I will do anything to make sure they are lynched. However, I didn't do that at the end of this phase because I didn't want to cause panic. I simply added my vote without pressuring anyone to follow my vote. That does not cause panic.

I know I'm repeating myself, put you need to be clear on this. Throwing shade my way for causing panic is completely unfounded. I worked as efficiently with the limited time real life gave me to contribute to the lynch I wanted without causing panic.

As for your other points:
Disagreeing with the majority of payers does not make me scum. Scumreading you does not make me scum (I also haven't said I'm scumreading you, just that I distrust you). Both of these are irrelevant to alignment. It is not possible to validly scumread me at this point because I have not provided sufficient alignment indicative content to generate a read in either direction.

Also, a tip: assuming that you "shouldn't be messed with" is a really big mistake as town.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Dec 20, 2016 9:51 AM

Oct 2014
LucianRoy said:
Rinto-kun said:
@Shinichi-kun @Togs @callmeLuna @Phraze @Ruu where are you?
I guarantee there is at least 1 scum in this pool. Shinichi acted kind of town-ish D1, Phraze said something scum-ish(not sure) and Ruu didn't do anything from what I remember.
The others haven't even responded at all.
@Astros When will we have the uncooperative members of our Union expelled and sent to Gulag?

How long will "Rinto vs. Inactives" be a reoccurring theme? I better find some meaty votes or reads in these next posts, because a lot of your play thus far has been focusing on people who aren't even here.

Well most people here are doing fine job. I'd rather stop bothering myself with the small fries and the inactives... Also you know that I rarely post reads. Because I read only in my mind.

Dec 20, 2016 9:53 AM

Aug 2014
Gruffin said:
PentaFlare said:
I'm still reading Day 1 and I'm somewhere around page 5. For the moment, I'm going to place a vote on Gruffin. Some of the things they've said early in the game have caught my eye. For example, Gruffin asked other players whether panic voting a player would be a good idea.
You're talking about this and this right? My thought process was that panic lynches on little info have a higher chance of hitting town than scum, so I was suggesting that a no-lynch would be a better option because we wouldn't even have a flip to give us info. Like waiting until we knew for sure that who we are lynching is scum instead of shooting in the dark.
Of course no-lynch was a horrible idea and I now know that we should always lynch because there are still ways to glean info from them despite the no reveal. ^^;;
This is suspicious for two reasons. First, town would just do what they feel is right to catch scum and justify their actions if need be. The way they worded the question makes it sound for like a scum trying to find out what the most town like way to react to a situation would be. Second, the focus on end of phase panic so early in the phase is concerning. As town, the goal should be to avoid panic, not have plans for when it happens. Only mafia want to make panic happen.
The reason why I was talking about panic lynches was in my first game as town D1 became a panic lynch, so the scenario was fresh on my mind. I really screwed up in that game because of the early inactivity and subsequent chaos.
There were a lot of players not posting this game, similar to NnT, so I knew a panic lynch could have easily happened as a result of lack of input. Turns out it did. >.>

Alright. That makes sense. I can understand why you bring up panic lynches if one screwed up your most recent game. I just didn't like how focused you were on what to do in case of a panic lynch instead of avoiding the situation entirely. I'm satisfied with the answer.
Dec 20, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
logic340 said:
The fact that you say then when I am probably one of the most town read furthers my thought that you may be scum. You talked about Gruffin causing panic (even planning for it) which was false narrative on your part or a misunderstanding (you haven't clarified that yet), when you were actually more involved in the cause of panic than Gruffin was. I would hope if you were scum you would have heard from your team that I am not the one to mess with but we can have it out during the night because I will be NK'd before you at this point.

This is part of why I distrust you. You are talking down to me as if I don't know what I'm doing. Also, you seem to have an inherent bias towards me being scum which is unfounded.

Also, my actions were aiming to not cause panic. You were the one who voted with less than a minute left. That causes panic. I came in, asked for the leading trains, then spent my time deciphering which train I should vote on. I didn't try to change people's views because I didn't have enough information to do so. I didn't try to change the options. I simply added my vote where I thought was best.

I can have very strong opinions. If I think someone is scum, I will do anything to make sure they are lynched. However, I didn't do that at the end of this phase because I didn't want to cause panic. I simply added my vote without pressuring anyone to follow my vote. That does not cause panic.

I know I'm repeating myself, put you need to be clear on this. Throwing shade my way for causing panic is completely unfounded. I worked as efficiently with the limited time real life gave me to contribute to the lynch I wanted without causing panic.

Disagreeing with the majority of payers does not make me scum. Scumreading you does not make me scum (I also haven't said I'm scumreading you, just that I distrust you). Both of these are irrelevant to alignment. It is not possible to validly scumread me at this point because I have not provided sufficient alignment indicative content to generate a read in either direction.

Also, a tip: assuming that you "shouldn't be messed with" is a really big mistake as town.
Everything about your play so far screams suspicious. I don't know you from Adam so why should I trust you? I shoudn't I should be wary of new players as I have been. I have given you the benefit of the doubt but the fact that you have been active for less than 24 hours of the 120 we have played so far really doesn't sit well with me and that is from a personal place (I will admit). You came in at the last second that is what caused the panic not me changing my vote with a minute left. You simply added your vote without saying why you were doing so. I know you were limited on time but that is no one else's fault but your own. So a blank vote when you haven't even read everything is pretty bad from my POV. I had a good reason for taking my vote off of -shad- which you will hopefully find as you read through the thread.

For now I will have to take your word for it as this is our first time playing and our first real interactions. The panic is the fact that you pulled into the thread with 30 minutes left before phase change. You still haven't said why you changed your vote from Gruffin to -shad- or even how you currently feel about Gruffin.

I am not throwing shade that would be what you did to Gruffin when saying she was trying to make a plan for panic at the end of the phase. You actually caused panic by showing up 30 minutes before the phase change while adding literally nothing to the thread before that. Shit we can even put it to a vote: Who thinks showing up 30 minutes before phase change causes panic and who doesn't? Lets let the other players decide who is right on this argument since we can.

"Disagreeing with the majority of payers does not make me scum. " I never said this makes you scum I actually like that someone is going against the majority and trying to look at me from a scum point of view. When you fully read D2 you will see that I have already asked everyone to do so and to choose who my partners would be.

"It is not possible to validly scumread me at this point because I have not provided sufficient alignment indicative content to generate a read in either direction." And that is possibly what you have been going for. If your level of activity stays where we cannot make a read on you then I will have to say that is scummy in itself, especially when you admittedly know it.

You should elaborate on this for me I don't get what you mean? If the scum team has played games with me before then I have a pretty good idea of what their opening post about me probably looked like (based on what I generally see in the scum chat about me). I have only ever been town this makes game #5 so I have only ever had a town mindset. I don't know what scum do or think other than what I have seen from the scum chat (hindsight). I am one who thinks outside the box. My best teachers in mafia have been grrr, DenjaX, and Fo.

This conversation is giving me a lot of insight. I hope it is doing the same for you.

Edit: Added coding Bold
logic340Dec 20, 2016 9:57 AM

Dec 20, 2016 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
(I think Penta scumreads Logic)
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Dec 20, 2016 10:09 AM

Aug 2014
I feel like logic is way too focused on getting other people to state their opinions on players before they do. It isn't bad to determine what others are thinking, but the constant talk about majority opinion and asking questions about theoretical situations seems off to me.

Instead of saying that town needs to group together and decide on one lynch instead of so many one vote trains, a player trying to catch scum would instead show the players on one vote trains why they should vote for the same person as them. Convince everyone else the person you are voting for is scum.

Logic has been posting a lot but doing very little of this. It feels like someone who is trying to put pressure on other players to do stuff while not working towards it themself. Pushing the blame onto other players. Town don't do that. Town don't care who is to blame. Town lynch scum. Scum do that lol. They try to blame townies so they can mislynch. They try to be blameless so they can survive.

If I don't see more effort from logic in the rest of the reading I have to do, I will be expecting a bunch of it on day 3
Dec 20, 2016 10:10 AM

Aug 2014
LucianRoy said:
(I think Penta scumreads Logic)

Now I do. Before it was just gut mistrust. Now it is a scumread.
Dec 20, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2010
Based on Phraze reaction to me and what happened I have a feeling we were probably right about her being scum. Last time she was town she and I mislynched her she fought really really hard and expressed how I and others weren't working with the town. Not saying this is a tell just my guess/speculation. It's possible she just really didn't care this time but we will have to wait and see.

Dec 20, 2016 10:20 AM

Jan 2014
PentaFlare said:
You are talking down to me as if I don't know what I'm doing.

Wow. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but this really hits the mark.
Dec 20, 2016 10:20 AM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
I feel like logic is way too focused on getting other people to state their opinions on players before they do. It isn't bad to determine what others are thinking, but the constant talk about majority opinion and asking questions about theoretical situations seems off to me.
Theoretical situations came up because we were going around in circles and I needed something new to look at and think about. I sat here for tried to solve the game (with little to no help) for 36+ hours of D2 while you were where exactly? Because I am actually trying, I look like scum? While we should overlook you who decided to skip the first 2 days? Got it. I honestly think I ask for less of players opinions than Gruffin does but I don't have the raw data available to verify this. My read on Togs is a good example against what you are saying while others basically voted him with little reasoning I actually went out and made a case for it.

PentaFlare said:
Instead of saying that town needs to group together and decide on one lynch instead of so many one vote trains, a player trying to catch scum would instead show the players on one vote trains why they should vote for the same person as them. Convince everyone else the person you are voting for is scum.
I really didn't know who was scum leading into D2 I was hoping players like you would show up this time around and help us out but that didn't happen. So I took what started as town and neutral reads and tried to figure out who were the best scum leads. That lead me to Togs and -shad- who were both very inactive just like yourself but not as much. I think I am actually one of the few who called for town to come together so I don't see where you get that I don't try and bring town together.

PentaFlare said:
Logic has been posting a lot but doing very little of this. It feels like someone who is trying to put pressure on other players to do stuff while not working towards it themself. Pushing the blame onto other players. Town don't do that. Town don't care who is to blame. Town lynch scum. Scum do that lol. They try to blame townies so they can mislynch. They try to be blameless so they can survive.
I am trying to pressure other players into activity. I am trying to scum hunt but it isn't easy when you are the only person posting over a 3 hour period. Also there is a post where I went offline for 13 hour and came back to 13 new messages...really wtf was everyone while I sat there talking to myself?

PentaFlare said:
If I don't see more effort from logic in the rest of the reading I have to do, I will be expecting a bunch of it on day 3
LMMFAO!!!!! This here is funny AF. More effort from Logic? Maybe this post was meant to help keep me alive.....if I make it thought the night I might thank you for this post since it will probably be what saved me. If I die I would ask you to take everything I have said very seriously (shit even if I don't as I am town) since you will then know my alignment.
logic340Dec 20, 2016 10:24 AM

Dec 20, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2010
Chione said:
PentaFlare said:
You are talking down to me as if I don't know what I'm doing.

Can I get an example of this? I don't know what they are doing so I should question it. I want to know about this talking down part?

Dec 20, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2010
@Gruffin does my interaction with Penta remind you of our first interaction in CCL?

Dec 20, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
PentaFlare said:

Everything about your play so far screams suspicious. I don't know you from Adam so why should I trust you? I shoudn't I should be wary of new players as I have been. I have given you the benefit of the doubt but the fact that you have been active for less than 24 hours of the 120 we have played so far really doesn't sit well with me and that is from a personal place (I will admit). You came in at the last second that is what caused the panic not me changing my vote with a minute left. You simply added your vote without saying why you were doing so. I know you were limited on time but that is no one else's fault but your own. So a blank vote when you haven't even read everything is pretty bad from my POV. I had a good reason for taking my vote off of -shad- which you will hopefully find as you read through the thread.

For now I will have to take your word for it as this is our first time playing and our first real interactions. The panic is the fact that you pulled into the thread with 30 minutes left before phase change. You still haven't said why you changed your vote from Gruffin to -shad- or even how you currently feel about Gruffin.

I am not throwing shade that would be what you did to Gruffin when saying she was trying to make a plan for panic at the end of the phase. You actually caused panic by showing up 30 minutes before the phase change while adding literally nothing to the thread before that. Shit we can even put it to a vote: Who thinks showing up 30 minutes before phase change causes panic and who doesn't? Lets let the other players decide who is right on this argument since we can.

"Disagreeing with the majority of payers does not make me scum. " I never said this makes you scum I actually like that someone is going against the majority and trying to look at me from a scum point of view. When you fully read D2 you will see that I have already asked everyone to do so and to choose who my partners would be.

"It is not possible to validly scumread me at this point because I have not provided sufficient alignment indicative content to generate a read in either direction." And that is possibly what you have been going for. If your level of activity stays where we cannot make a read on you then I will have to say that is scummy in itself, especially when you admittedly know it.

You should elaborate on this for me I don't get what you mean? If the scum team has played games with me before then I have a pretty good idea of what their opening post about me probably looked like (based on what I generally see in the scum chat about me). I have only ever been town this makes game #5 so I have only ever had a town mindset. I don't know what scum do or think other than what I have seen from the scum chat (hindsight). I am one who thinks outside the box. My best teachers in mafia have been grrr, DenjaX, and Fo.

This conversation is giving me a lot of insight. I hope it is doing the same for you.

Me showing up 30 minutes before the phase change was not to cause panic, it is because I have a life outside of mafia. Real life commitments such as classes cannot be used to read someone. I have class until the end of this week. I have a paper due on Thursday. These will inevitably cause me to be unable to be on st some during the game.

As such, you need to look at my approach instead of my time of arrival. The 30 minutes was beyond my control, but what I chose to do with them was in my control. I decided to place a vote on shad because I read Togs as town based on their defense and read Phrase as town based on a post I will flag later. That left only shad as an option if I didn't want to start a new train.

I didn't go into detail explain in my vote because I had nothing concrete against shad. I just read the other two as town. Explaining that would require quoting posts and analysing what they wrote. I didn't have time for that. Instead, I chose to keep reading in case I found something that changed my point of view.

That was the best use I could have made of 30 minutes. My goal was to help lynch the best candidate. I did whatever I could to pursue that. That didn't cause panic. The shad lynch was set in place and ready to go through before the phase change. What did cause a panic was the sudden reversal onto Phraze. I wasn't part of that. I cast my vote where I wanted it I didn't go flip around rapidly.

It is not scummy for me not to still be neutral. That just means I am neutral. I like to keep track of how I appear to others because this can tell me if someone is making up a complete bogus townreading on me. This is supply a scum player trying to get on my good side by townreading me. If I know I'm neutral and someone makes up reasons to townread me, I know to be cautious. That's why I am well aware right now that I am neutral. I can see why you would interpret me saying I'm neutral as scummy, but you shouldn't in this case. My goal is not to be neutral, I just know I haven't earned the townread I want yet.

For the last point about not assuming you shouldn't be messed with, I'm just warning you to stay vigilante. If you are town and assume you are fine, you will stop trying to show your town mindset which can lead to losing that townread and becoming a target for a mafia mislynch push.
Dec 20, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
Also, I acknowledge that you made a post explaining your read o Togs, but it boiled down to "Togs said they would be good and they haven't shown that yet".

This is not a valid scumread. Just because a player hasn't been a godlike townie yet when you are expecting them too doesn't mean they are mafia. They may just be a townie is hasn't found a stellar lead yet.

Togs's playstyle inherently makes them have a little bit of a shaky day 1 from my personal experience, but when they are town they can offer some very insightful analysis after a day or two of content is available. They are also great at PoE. Give them time and don't assume they are scum because they haven't impressed you.
Dec 20, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
Last class of the day starts in 5 minutes. I'll be back on tonight if I can get enough work done on the my paper, otherwise I'll be back tomorrow morning.
Dec 20, 2016 10:46 AM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
logic340 said:

Me showing up 30 minutes before the phase change was not to cause panic, it is because I have a life outside of mafia. Real life commitments such as classes cannot be used to read someone. I have class until the end of this week. I have a paper due on Thursday. These will inevitably cause me to be unable to be on st some during the game.

As such, you need to look at my approach instead of my time of arrival. The 30 minutes was beyond my control, but what I chose to do with them was in my control. I decided to place a vote on shad because I read Togs as town based on their defense and read Phrase as town based on a post I will flag later. That left only shad as an option if I didn't want to start a new train.

I didn't go into detail explain in my vote because I had nothing concrete against shad. I just read the other two as town. Explaining that would require quoting posts and analysing what they wrote. I didn't have time for that. Instead, I chose to keep reading in case I found something that changed my point of view.

That was the best use I could have made of 30 minutes. My goal was to help lynch the best candidate. I did whatever I could to pursue that. That didn't cause panic. The shad lynch was set in place and ready to go through before the phase change. What did cause a panic was the sudden reversal onto Phraze. I wasn't part of that. I cast my vote where I wanted it I didn't go flip around rapidly.

It is not scummy for me not to still be neutral. That just means I am neutral. I like to keep track of how I appear to others because this can tell me if someone is making up a complete bogus townreading on me. This is supply a scum player trying to get on my good side by townreading me. If I know I'm neutral and someone makes up reasons to townread me, I know to be cautious. That's why I am well aware right now that I am neutral. I can see why you would interpret me saying I'm neutral as scummy, but you shouldn't in this case. My goal is not to be neutral, I just know I haven't earned the townread I want yet.

For the last point about not assuming you shouldn't be messed with, I'm just warning you to stay vigilante. If you are town and assume you are fine, you will stop trying to show your town mindset which can lead to losing that townread and becoming a target for a mafia mislynch push.
I am not saying that you showed up with the intention of causing panic I am saying that is what you showing up 30 minutes before the phase change actually did. Others will weight in but for not that is how I feel about it. I understand real life happens which is why you didn't get a vote from me D2 I have essentially given you a pass for 2 days now.

Your time of arrival isn't the only thing I looked at. I looked at your approach, I looked at your write up on Gruffin and asked for you to elaborate on it. I also asked said I wanted to see how you view on the game has changed but you haven't really done that. At least not in a way that I can follow your thought process. You switched to I am scum but I can't see where you move from Gruffin to -shad- to me in this endeavor. Personally I think a new train would have been a better look for you as it would have shown me what you think instead of following along with the others. I know that you voting -shad- doesn't necesariily mean that you were following along with others but placing your vote somewhere bassed on your own reasoning could have stopped us from being in this situation. Since it hasn't lets take the time to get a feel for one another. Again from my POV you showing up 30 minutes before when we have been playing for 120 hours certainly does and did cause panic. You weren't the only one I pinged people for over 12 hours yesterday only to have them show up right before phase change (togs rinto and -shad- are among them). In regards to me switching my vote from -shad- to phrase as DenjaX said already Post #1133
with just one word, everyone knows shad is town. Isn't this the greatest and easiest game of your life? I wish you have done the same. xDD
Go back and look if you cannot figure it out this will tell me all I need to know about your alignment.

That town read is a death sentence as you can see by Kit's death and as I have witnessed in my previous mafia games. Logic was too town in his early games but after playing with grrr, Fo, and DenjaX Logic has learned some new tricks for not being NK'd. I will fight off a lynch if need be but I think you will have trouble finding support for it from real town players this game so have fun pushing a mislynch on me if I do happen to make it through the night. I am very vigilant you should be able to tell that by my posting, I cannot say the same for you at this point since your absence is the exact opposite of being vigilant.

As I asked Togs in #956 will you answer these question you were pinged in so long ago??
Questions:

Dec 20, 2016 10:48 AM

Oct 2015
I hope you dont die this night phase logic..

Thanks to vanitystar for making it
Dec 20, 2016 10:55 AM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
Also, I acknowledge that you made a post explaining your read o Togs, but it boiled down to "Togs said they would be good and they haven't shown that yet".

This is not a valid scumread. Just because a player hasn't been a godlike townie yet when you are expecting them too doesn't mean they are mafia. They may just be a townie is hasn't found a stellar lead yet.

Togs's playstyle inherently makes them have a little bit of a shaky day 1 from my personal experience, but when they are town they can offer some very insightful analysis after a day or two of content is available. They are also great at PoE. Give them time and don't assume they are scum because they haven't impressed you.
Is that really what my read boiled down to or are you framing it that way in an attempt to make me look scummy? Togs said he would do something and didn't should I town read him off that? No one said anything about being a "Godly" town but I do expect people to be active if they say they will be. What happened to "my word is my bond" especially in a game where all I have to go off of is your word. If you make a promise and don't keep it that is the only real behavior I have to go off of. I also explained that I didn't like his town read on -shad- (I was the only one at the time questioning it). I also stated that I felt his read list was playing it safe and basically resembled all the others in regards to town (with the exception of -shad-). So how was my read essentially saying Togs wasn't a "Godly town".

Why should I accept your meta on Togs when you are ignoring Togs meta on me? This is our first game together so maybe you should ask some of the other players about me. What I can tell you is that I am one who likes to come to my own conclusion on thing. I will listen to others meta on you but I wont use it as a determining factor. Every game is different and this setup has really shown me how important it is for town to be active. So for us to have discussed that at length D1 and have people continue to chose to be inactive is a behavior I find scummy. You are one of the worst offenders over the first two days (no matter the circumstances). So if I am to accept your meta on Togs please ask around find out what people think about me compared to my other games then revisit what it is you are saying about me.

PentaFlare said:
Last class of the day starts in 5 minutes. I'll be back on tonight if I can get enough work done on the my paper, otherwise I'll be back tomorrow morning.
Good luck with your class and your studies. This is only a game and is meant to be a fun escape from the real world. I hope to see you later today as I was looking forward to continuing this conversation/interaction. I will say as a behavior showing up for phase change alone doesn't show me a town mindset I would think town would want to avoid that.....at least I always have.

Dec 20, 2016 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
logic340 said:
Chione said:

Can I get an example of this? I don't know what they are doing so I should question it. I want to know about this talking down part?

Eh? You just seem like someone who likes to take control of people. Like almost everything you've done points to that. I'm too lazy (Yes, this time I actually AM lazy :P) right now to go back for some proof, but the butting into conversations shows how you assume that the questions that were asked are obvious to answer, and thus you answer them yourself without questioning the meaning behind them, is pretty indicating. Like Penta said, you do seem like you’re talking down to people as if they don’t know what they’re doing.
The way you play right now just reminds me of my own play style (A LOT, it's almost creepy), but having too much confidence in your abilities isn’t always good, regardless of the alignment. I won’t elaborate on analyzing your play style any further than this for now since it doesn’t really contribute anything to the game and I really don’t want this to cloud my judgement on you in this game, especially since I don’t know your alignment, but if you want to know more I can tell you after the game has ended.
Dec 20, 2016 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
I think we should conduct a search party btw.
Search!
Dec 20, 2016 11:49 AM

Jan 2010
Chione said:
logic340 said:

Eh? You just seem like someone who likes to take control of people. Like almost everything you've done points to that. I'm too lazy (Yes, this time I actually AM lazy :P) right now to go back for some proof, but the butting into conversations shows how you assume that the questions that were asked are obvious to answer, and thus you answer them yourself without questioning the meaning behind them, is pretty indicating. Like Penta said, you do seem like you’re talking down to people as if they don’t know what they’re doing.
The way you play right now just reminds me of my own play style (A LOT, it's almost creepy), but having too much confidence in your abilities isn’t always good, regardless of the alignment. I won’t elaborate on analyzing your play style any further than this for now since it doesn’t really contribute anything to the game and I really don’t want this to cloud my judgement on you in this game, especially since I don’t know your alignment, but if you want to know more I can tell you after the game has ended.
I need a clear example of talking down to people if you really want me to change that part of me. if true that is a negative aspect of myself that I would like to shake. Not trying to make anyone feel like I am talking down to them but I need an example of it before I can say where I was coming from. I don't feel I have talked down to you or Penta which is why I asked for an example. I speak very directly and I don't mince words. If that is taken as talking down then I would say that is for you all to deal with and nothing for me to change. I call things how I see them and the thing with Karote and Phraze was an actual misunderstanding on Karote's part so you cannot used that one as an example as it proves my "butting in" as the right thing to do in that situation. I tried to stop a misunderstanding from happening so how does that make me look scummy? How does giving my opinion on things whether right or wrong look scummy? If anything I am giving people something to read me off of where with Penta for 120 hours we have something like 10 posts? Do you think that is the proper way go about solving this game? I'd rather more people play like me and give us something to go on than Penta who has been absent for 96 of 120 hours (this is a generous number on my part).

The lazy thing was a misunderstanding on my part as I thought you were being lazy and you though I was making shit up. I admitted my mistake which is something that took Karote a very long time to do (if it even happened) and I will have to go back to check to be certain. IDK where this too much confidence in my ability is coming from when I had no scum reads after D1. Maybe it's the way I carry myself when posting or because I have been so active compared to others.

Regarding my playstyle we can discuss it afterwards. I bring a certain energy to the game and I know I can get a little carried away at times. My first real argument/interaction almost made someone quit the game. My next game I tunneled Fo so hard for his playstyle that when I was revived back into the game I was very rude to him, I called him a cancer to the game, but in hindsight I was the ignorant one. This game I started in with you and I misunderstood something. I was so passionate about it but I was wrong and thought something based on incorrect information. I admitted said mistake and move on. You can wait until after the game is over as I was planning on sending you a friend request after the game was over seeing as we have a lot of anime in common and I like that our interaction has lead to us being able to talk. I am looking for the same thing to come out of my interaction with Penta as well as figuring out where their loyalty lies.

Dec 20, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2010
Chione said:
I think we should conduct a search party btw.
Search!
I am down with this idea just want some more input before I cast my vote this time around. I would also like to know what is going to happen to Sodalicious and callmeLuna incase they get modkilled and we have 3 player alignments to sort through.

Dec 20, 2016 12:03 PM

May 2012
logic340 said:
Fair reminder that just because most people townread you, doesn't mean that the opinions of someone who scumreads you is invalid. It is a fresh perspective for better or for worse, which is exactly what you've been asking for. How does Penta's scumread make you suspect them more?

I'm not seeing where Penta caused any panic individually not sure where you got that. Could you show me where he has been the direct cause of panic? It seemed to me that the chaos was because of town's collective procrastination on choosing who to lynch and the lynch targets acting confusing/anti-town.
logic340 said:
@Gruffin does my interaction with Penta remind you of our first interaction in CCL?
This is pretty specific question. Does it remind you of CCL?
I feel it's different. Our interaction in CCL was me picking out your posts and calling you out for being defensive to put you in a scummy light. Sure, Penta said he is distrustful of you, but Why are you asking me this exactly? What answer from me were you expecting?
Dec 20, 2016 12:16 PM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
logic340 said:
Fair reminder that just because most people townread you, doesn't mean that the opinions of someone who scumreads you is invalid. It is a fresh perspective for better or for worse, which is exactly what you've been asking for. How does Penta's scumread make you suspect them more?

I'm not seeing where Penta caused any panic individually not sure where you got that. Could you show me where he has been the direct cause of panic? It seemed to me that the chaos was because of town's collective procrastination on choosing who to lynch and the lynch targets acting confusing/anti-town.
logic340 said:
This is pretty specific question. Does it remind you of CCL?
I feel it's different. Our interaction in CCL was me picking out your posts and calling you out for being defensive to put you in a scummy light. Sure, Penta said he is distrustful of you, but Why are you asking me this exactly? What answer from me were you expecting?
I understand that it's a fresh perspective (even if it is wrong) and have commended them for being the only one to look at me from a different perspective.

The fact that they seem to have overlooked pretty much all of D2. Based on certain interactions I have had a real scum read on me should be very difficult at this point. So the more they try to push this false narrative through the worse it looks. First thing that pinged me to them was the false narrative they used in placing a vote on you.

Were we paniced at the end of this phase? Yes we were. Why is that? Due to lack of activity in the early parts of the phase. Therfore since they were not active but only showed up right at phase change they added to the chaos and confusion whether that was their intention or not. I am looking at what happened not what someone may or may not have intended to happen. I appreciate that they gave us the heads up but giving us nothing from page 5 to page 20 then jumping in to the 3 lead vote getters cause panic/chaos/confusion whichever word you would like to choose.

The question about CCL is a yes it does remind me of (Scum ) Gruffin coming at me early in CCL. It's very reminiscent of that for me actually. I feel that Penta is doing a similar thing. Our first real interaction was Crossbell saying I was going to be a lurker you took that and ran with it which lead to me defending myself against lurking which you all now know I am not. While the reason is different the framing of the argument is what has caught me here. It's a false narrative on me which I find quite interesting and feels familiar to you and cross in CCL. IDK what answer you would give I don't know how you see it which is why I asked. I asked you because you were the player I had that interaction with in CCL so you would know better than anyone off hand.

I know they distrust me as they should it's their first game with me and they haven't been here to see how I play.

Dec 20, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no Search party N1 right? That was unclear to me b/c I saw a lot of people vote for one but never saw the results.
Dec 20, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2010
LucianRoy said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no Search party N1 right? That was unclear to me b/c I saw a lot of people vote for one but never saw the results.
We never hit the magic number then some of us unsearched before the day phase started.

Dec 20, 2016 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
Ohhh, it's a majority thing. Not a plurality thing.
Dec 20, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2014
Mt vote on Gruffin was not based on false narrative. That is a lie. Gruffin didn't even say my reason for voting them was a lie, they just explained their thought process as to why they did the thing I found suspicious. Their thoughts made sense to me, so I moved on.

There is no false narrative anywhere in that. You seem to be acting on confirmation bias.
Dec 20, 2016 12:57 PM

Aug 2014
If you want an example of you talking down, reread #1165. It is chock full of disrespect.
Dec 20, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
LucianRoy said:
Ohhh, it's a majority thing. Not a plurality thing.
I don't remember where I saw it but I believe it's 50% of the living players. @Astros and @aa-dono can you correct me if I'm wrong.

Dec 20, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2014
Also, I will not be asking players for your meta. I don't care about your meta. I like to avoid using meta when forming a read on someone. However, I did mention it with Togs because I felt you were attacking their lack of early contribution when I know they usually play for the late game.
Dec 20, 2016 1:03 PM

Jan 2010
@PentaFlare I will ask you this one more time. Please point out a specific example I wrote this message and I do not feel that there is any disrespect here. So in that regard we will have to agree to disagree if you refuse to actually point out a specific example. If you feel this is being disrespectful I have seen much worse than other games and even from Karote towards Shinichi at the beginning of this game. I have quoted #1165 Below please take out the disrespectful comments that I made and I will explain where I was coming from.

Dec 20, 2016 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
I also don't really like seeing people try to meta read me either because my approach to a game depends a lot on the player base and how I feel going into it. That and the fact that people only ever seem to reference my scum games because there are more of those to work with so it ends up making everything I do seem scummy.
Dec 20, 2016 1:05 PM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
Mt vote on Gruffin was not based on false narrative. That is a lie. Gruffin didn't even say my reason for voting them was a lie, they just explained their thought process as to why they did the thing I found suspicious. Their thoughts made sense to me, so I moved on.

There is no false narrative anywhere in that. You seem to be acting on confirmation bias.
from my perspective it looks very much like a false narrative. So again I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Gruffin is a lot more accommodating than I am so her explaining herself doesn't surprise me. Again I speak my mind and what I think and what I see from my point of view. If you keep telling me that you don't think I should do that I'm going to feel like you think I should lie about how I feel which is what Mafia do I've never been I don't think about lying and what my actions look like I speak what I feel from my heart straight to you so you have something to go on.

Dec 20, 2016 1:06 PM

Aug 2014
"I sat here for tried to solve the game (with little to no help) for 36+ hours of D2 while you were where exactly? Because I am actually trying, I look like scum? While we should overlook you who decided to skip the first 2 days? Got it."
Lots of sarcasm, condescending, disrespectful

"LMMFAO!!!!! This here is funny AF."
Dismissive, condescending, disrespectful

Your entire narrative tone can basically be summed up with the words condescending and disrespectful
Dec 20, 2016 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
PentaFlare said:

from my perspective it looks very much like a false narrative. So again I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Gruffin is a lot more accommodating than I am so her explaining herself doesn't surprise me. Again I speak my mind and what I think and what I see from my point of view. If you keep telling me that you don't think I should do that I'm going to feel like you think I should lie about how I feel which is what Mafia do I've never been I don't think about lying and what my actions look like I speak what I feel from my heart straight to you so you have something to go on.

This isn't an opinion. You are saying that I'm making things up. I am not making thing up. If I was talking about something that didn't happen, how was Gruffin able to cite the exact posts I was talking about in their response?

I was talking about something that really happened. Therefore, it is not false narrative. This is a fact, not an opinion.
Dec 20, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
Also, I will not be asking players for your meta. I don't care about your meta. I like to avoid using meta when forming a read on someone. However, I did mention it with Togs because I felt you were attacking their lack of early contribution when I know they usually play for the late game.
well being that you're going to completely ignore my matter I have no reason to believe yours and therefore my point of view on what times was doing doesn't really change much you can't change my point of view by saying you're going to completely ignore my point of view. That's contradictory and makes no sense like I really really can't wait to see what others think of this interaction I'm just going to sit back and let you do you.
PentaFlare said:
I also don't really like seeing people try to meta read me either because my approach to a game depends a lot on the player base and how I feel going into it. That and the fact that people only ever seem to reference my scum games because there are more of those to work with so it ends up making everything I do seem scummy.
you are completely new player to me and I don't trust anyone enough to believe that made up on you anyways so minor action from you started from the first day you didn't show up at all you came back maybe 3 post and didn't show up for Day 2 until 30 minutes before the phrase changed this is my 5th game to me that is scum Behavior especially with all the other inactives we have. It would be very easy for scum to hide among the inactive so I'm sorry if you're upset that I find your behavior scummy it's up to you too change that.

Dec 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Aug 2014
You're entire case against me is that I was inactive, which is non-alignment indicative because it was related to real life events (I legitimately did not log into MAL until Day 2 so I didn't realize the game had started), and that I apparently made up things that Gruffin did, which I did not.
Dec 20, 2016 1:19 PM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
You're entire case against me is that I was inactive, which is non-alignment indicative because it was related to real life events (I legitimately did not log into MAL until Day 2 so I didn't realize the game had started), and that I apparently made up things that Gruffin did, which I did not.
from my POV Gruffin was not planning to cause panic as you said in your post (your POV). This is why I call your case a false narrative because you are saying something that you perceive which was not actually the case. I can share the definition of false narrative if you would like to show you that my use of the phrase actually fits the context in which I'm using it.

@Gruffin were you planning to cause Panic as they said you were?

Dec 20, 2016 1:24 PM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
PentaFlare said:
from my POV Gruffin was not planning to cause panic as you said in your post (your POV). This is why I call your case a false narrative because you are saying something that you perceive which was not actually the case. I can share the definition of false narrative if you would like to show you that my use of the phrase actually fits the context in which I'm using it.

@Gruffib were you planning to cause Panic as they said you were?

Yes. I did day Gruffin was hoping for panic. That was my conclusion upon analyzing what they said. However, they clarified the context with which the statements were made and I changed my interpretation to fit the clarified context. I acknowledged the fault in my case and moved on. That is how you should approach the game.

There is no false narrative in there because all my facts were true. A false narrative means I have warped something that happened. You can disagree with my interpretation, but that doesn't make my narrative wrong. It seems you disagree with that interpretation and that is fine by me. I am not interpreting Gruffin's stamens the same way anymore anyway.
Dec 20, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
"I sat here for tried to solve the game (with little to no help) for 36+ hours of D2 while you were where exactly? Because I am actually trying, I look like scum? While we should overlook you who decided to skip the first 2 days? Got it."
Lots of sarcasm, condescending, disrespectful

"LMMFAO!!!!! This here is funny AF."
Dismissive, condescending, disrespectful

Your entire narrative tone can basically be summed up with the words condescending and disrespectful
yeah we are definitely going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm being dismissive when I have left you multiple large posts that you have not answered yet stop with the shenanigans..

Yeah we really got to agree to disagree because I'm being so serious and what I said I really have been sitting here playing this game while other players have not. I find it disrespectful that you guys signed up for the game and haven't been playing. half of you have barely done anything. It was very frustrating and yes I might be venting now but it is straight truth.

Dec 20, 2016 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
Also asking if I want you to define false narrative for me is super condescending and downright disrespectful. Please change your tone. I am here to play a game, not be disrespected.
Dec 20, 2016 1:26 PM

May 2012
Wow, okay. I see Penta and Logic have been busy. Give me a moment to work out their thought processes on this.
Dec 20, 2016 1:29 PM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
logic340 said:

@Gruffib were you planning to cause Panic as they said you were?

Yes. I did day Gruffin was hoping for panic. That was my conclusion upon analyzing what they said. However, they clarified the context with which the statements were made and I changed my interpretation to fit the clarified context. I acknowledged the fault in my case and moved on. That is how you should approach the game.

There is no false narrative in there because all my facts were true. A false narrative means I have warped something that happened. You can disagree with my interpretation, but that doesn't make my narrative wrong. It seems you disagree with that interpretation and that is fine by me. I am not interpreting Gruffin's stamens the same way anymore anyway.
I can see Mafia motive behind what you did there. You tried to discredit what she had said and now that it didn't work you're back peddling and saying that you understand where she's coming from. That is a very viable explanation for what's happening before me right now. I don't think it's the right explanation but I do believe it is possible. I have seen real life interfere with somebodies Mafia game as the mafia. So in real life issues don't prove either way. It's like since you had in real life issues I'm just supposed to give you a pass on the things that I've seen from you to this point.

Dec 20, 2016 1:30 PM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
Also asking if I want you to define false narrative for me is super condescending and downright disrespectful. Please change your tone. I am here to play a game, not be disrespected.
I'll give you that one is being condescending but when I look up the definition and I see that I'm using it in the proper context I can't help but get frustrated with dealing with you on this repeatedly

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (39) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.