Forum Settings
Forums

Should you still watch an anime if you know how it ends?

New
Is it worth watching an anime that you know it's ending
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 15, 2016 11:16 PM
Nov 2016
Sometimes I skip to the very end of an anime to see if I even want to watch it. Spoilers don't matter to me.
Dec 16, 2016 9:31 AM

May 2015
kukukachu said:
Sometimes I skip to the very end of an anime to see if I even want to watch it. Spoilers don't matter to me.

How many anime have you given up on because of that?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 16, 2016 10:02 AM

Aug 2016
It ultimately depends on the extent to which you have been spoiled, but unless it's to a considerable degree, you should view it if you want to.

If it's just the ending, then yes, I would say you should watch it. There is a lot more to experience in an anime than just the ending.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Dec 16, 2016 11:35 AM

Nov 2016
You can like everything that leads to the end, enjoy the journey and all. It does sucks to know the ending though T_T
Dec 16, 2016 12:17 PM

May 2016
My sister told me everything that happens in death note and i still enjoyed it
Dec 16, 2016 1:23 PM
Nov 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
kukukachu said:

Not that many actually. Doing this can get me interested in the anime that I wasn't sure about.

The ending is the climax and there are some pretty interesting things that happen in them (usually) so it makes me want to know how things got to be where they are now and so I watch the anime. I don't do this all the time though. I do like watching anime not knowing what's gonna happen, but even if I know L's gonna die, that doesn't tell me the whole story, just a big twist. If I'm not so sure I want to watch a show, this will help me figure it out. I might not nessassarily look at the very ending of an anime. I might watch an episode from the middle or closer to the end. Sometimes I just need to see if the show has something that will interest me.
Dec 16, 2016 11:48 PM

May 2015
kukukachu said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Not that many actually. Doing this can get me interested in the anime that I wasn't sure about.

The ending is the climax and there are some pretty interesting things that happen in them (usually) so it makes me want to know how things got to be where they are now and so I watch the anime. I don't do this all the time though. I do like watching anime not knowing what's gonna happen, but even if I know L's gonna die, that doesn't tell me the whole story, just a big twist. If I'm not so sure I want to watch a show, this will help me figure it out. I might not nessassarily look at the very ending of an anime. I might watch an episode from the middle or closer to the end. Sometimes I just need to see if the show has something that will interest me.

That's quite a bizarre way of doing things. Then again, the dramatic event of TTGL was spoiled to me and it was still powerful when I watched the anime. The element of surprise is overrated in fiction.
Dec 17, 2016 12:53 AM
Nov 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
kukukachu said:

That's quite a bizarre way of doing things. Then again, the dramatic event of TTGL was spoiled to me and it was still powerful when I watched the anime. The element of surprise is overrated in fiction.
Everyone is always like "Don't tell me what happens, I have it recording right now" and I can understand how they feel, but really, it doesn't matter if you find out what the giant twist is....so what. Who cares is Snape killed Dumbledore. You still don't know how/why he did it.

an old cliche'd saying

It not about the destination, it's about the journey that it took to get there.

I admit it is a little bizarre, but I'm just glad that spoilers don't ruin the entertainment value for me.
Dec 17, 2016 2:20 AM

Feb 2016
I was spoiled by Death Note and still watched it until the end.I still watch an anime even if I know how it will end.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Dec 17, 2016 3:45 AM

Aug 2015
I often get spoiled but I'll still want to watch that anime to the end. Yeah, it does ruin some surprise for me but I would still want to watch it to see how it lead up to that moment.
Dec 17, 2016 3:51 AM

Jul 2016
I vet every anime before I watch it. See what people are saying, look at screenshots, etc. I won't watch an anime that has a sad or disappointing ending.
Dec 17, 2016 4:02 AM

May 2016
yes you should if its worth watching why bother not watching it huh?
Dec 17, 2016 7:43 AM
Dec 2016
Well, it really all depends on which anime you want to rewatch. If you enjoyed it throughout then you can rewatch it, but remember to take a long break before doing so - and some spoilers don't change your reaction to them when you're watching the actual episode.
Dec 17, 2016 8:21 AM

Nov 2016
Yep. Catharsis from the build-up to the end is a powerful tool if you've spoiled yourself. Or if you're watching a prequel.
"I shall live with that sin forever."
- Abelt Dessler, Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Dec 17, 2016 8:25 AM
Dec 2016
i watched Assassination Classroom when i got spoiled on how it ended.

it was still sad.
Dec 17, 2016 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
No if it's about romance or harem (you know who the guy will choose). (Except for Clannad, you should watch until the end... especially the season 2)

But, for anime like Tokyo Ghoul or Shingeki, yes it worths.
Dec 17, 2016 2:31 PM

May 2015
kukukachu said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Everyone is always like "Don't tell me what happens, I have it recording right now" and I can understand how they feel, but really, it doesn't matter if you find out what the giant twist is....so what. Who cares is Snape killed Dumbledore. You still don't know how/why he did it.

an old cliche'd saying

It not about the destination, it's about the journey that it took to get there.

I admit it is a little bizarre, but I'm just glad that spoilers don't ruin the entertainment value for me.

In fiction, it's all about the journey. A single scene can be great even if the whole anime is crap.
Dec 18, 2016 10:09 AM
Jul 2016
Obviously it depends on the anime, but overall I'd say that the final outcome is not all that matters. The journey to get there is at least as important, especially with something like Clannad. I have been spoiled several shows, and it is definitely disappointing and discouraging, but overall I'd say it is still worth it to watch them. Heck, some of them turned out to be some of my favorite anime of all time.
Always take into consideration that I suck at getting my point across correctly within the first few edits... please.
Dec 18, 2016 10:16 AM
Apr 2012
definitely, if it is worth the watch like your favorite manga getting an anime adaptation or re-watching great anime and re-experience the journey
Dec 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Jul 2016
It takes away from the watching experience quite a bit, but you know what they say.. It's the journey that got to the end that's interesting and not the ending itself.
Dec 18, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
It can be demotivating to finish/watch something when you're spoiled for plot twists or deaths in anything, but I don't think that should stop you from watching/finishing it.
I was fully spoiled for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and that did not hinder my enjoyment of it at all, I fully believe that it's the journey that matters more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, because even if you heard how it ends by someone else spoiling it or accidentally finding and reading details about it on the internet, you can still see how it all plays out visually for yourself by watching it for yourself.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

28 by LenRea »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
34 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.