P.A. Works Original Anime 'Sakura Quest' to Air in Spring 2017

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 7, 2016 2:14 PM
Aug 2015
sounds damn good, will check out
Dec 8, 2016 4:30 PM

Apr 2013
According to the PA Works life cycle, this anime should be a total dumpster shit one.

Hopefully PA Works can break out of the pattern.
Dec 8, 2016 7:04 PM

Sep 2014
hoopla123 said:
According to the PA Works life cycle, this anime should be a total dumpster shit one.

This is according to MAL only.
Dec 8, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
Hrybami said:
hoopla123 said:

They've had a pattern of making one good then one shit series for a few years now.

In my opinion anyways.
Dec 8, 2016 10:05 PM

Jun 2016
Looks good, another promising anime to the Spring line up.
Dec 9, 2016 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
hoopla123 said:
Hrybami said:

They've had a pattern of making one good then one shit series for a few years now.

In my opinion anyways.

So if Kuromukuro was good (at least for me) then this would be shit?

I'm kinda scratching from what I got here.
Dec 9, 2016 4:23 PM

Apr 2013
SymphoniacTippy said:
hoopla123 said:

In my opinion anyways.

Pretty much.

NagiAsu -> Glasslip (shit) -> Shirobako -> Charlotte (shit)-> HaruChika (shit) -> Kuromukuro -> This one.
Dec 9, 2016 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
hoopla123 said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

Pretty much.

NagiAsu -> Glasslip (shit) -> Shirobako -> Charlotte (shit)-> HaruChika (shit) -> Kuromukuro -> This one.

I kinda thought differently for the other two that are shit. Charlotte is pretty average... Uh HaruChika, I dunno. I don't think its that bad after the first few episodes but I think its the 2nd worst P.A Works show, not gonna lie on that...

But I don't get what ya mean because you pretty much pointed shit twice, unless you mean year wise.
Dec 9, 2016 7:23 PM

Apr 2013
SymphoniacTippy said:
hoopla123 said:

Pretty much.

I kinda thought differently for the other two that are shit. Charlotte is pretty average... Uh HaruChika, I dunno. I don't think its that bad after the first few episodes but I think its the 2nd worst P.A Works show, not gonna lie on that...

But I don't get what ya mean because you pretty much pointed shit twice, unless you mean year wise.

If you see the pattern once a good anime comes out, the next one is shit in the recent years.

Been thinking about this since Glasslip since it fucking shocked me how they could make something like Nagiasu and downgrade like hell to Glasslip.
Dec 9, 2016 7:32 PM

Jul 2014
Shirobako was just a soapbox to farm sympathy for anti-worker practices in the anime industry, so I have zero hopes for this.
Dec 9, 2016 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
hoopla123 said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

If you see the pattern once a good anime comes out, the next one is shit in the recent years.

Been thinking about this since Glasslip since it fucking shocked me how they could make something like Nagiasu and downgrade like hell to Glasslip.

It's moreso the staff but I guess that's kind of also a thing taken into consideration in a sense, but I see your point though.
Dec 9, 2016 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
P.A. never disappoints me with their art.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2016 8:04 AM

Sep 2014
hoopla123 said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

These shows are shit according to MAL only. In here, these show are quite underrated. The reason is that the studio mostly focus on slice of life which is not really appreciated in the West. Beside that, the studio almost exclusively cater to Japanese audience by promoting rural Japan tourism and by subtly include Japanese social issues like the students decline or the hardship of working in a Japanese company. Also, notice how Haruchika was badly received here on MAL for the reason that Western audience couldn't apprehend what the show was truly about. I mean that Haruchika only deal about social issue only known for a Japanese person's perspective. Another example is Tari Tari. This anime is extremely well received in Japan while here on MAL, most people consider it "shit". And that's for the same reason as Haruchika.

So if someone say that the next P.A. Works show will be shit, then I honestly don't care, because I like whatever they are making and I appreciate that they don't always consider to please the Western audience.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure that the reason why MAL talks about this cycle is because they are certain to receive another anime similar to Glasslip soon. I remember reading the threads about Charlotte and how people assumed how it will turn out to be the next Glasslip while these two absolutely have nothing in common.
KryzakamiHrybamiDec 10, 2016 8:07 AM
Dec 11, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2016
After announcing Uchoten Kazoku S2, another new series from PA Works. Please be good so the critics will shut their mouth up. I know PA Works' series are hit or miss, but what else would you find bad about that? It's original after all. It's unlike any light novel, manga, etc adaptations out there that even though they have a good story, the outcome is still shit.

P.S. Shirobako S2 next please
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Dec 14, 2016 7:03 AM
Mar 2015
PV

featuring OP Song "Morning Glory"
by (K)NoW_NAME
Dec 14, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2013
Hi @Vindstot!

You could this to the OP add...

Edit: Wow! I'll of course this watch, it looks really interesting and funny out - and especially because the charas from BUNBUN are: Man, BUNBUN getting more famouser - YuYuYu, Izetta and now this (btw, the MC looks like Izetta out)^_^!
Dec 25, 2016 3:34 AM
Oct 2012
I was sold at "P.A. Works Original Anime".
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.