Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
This is probably a stupid question for which I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyway: has an attempt ever been made by MAL's management to get notable industry insiders (directors, composers, animators, producers) to participate in a Q&A?
Oct 26, 2016 1:03 AM

Feb 2013
no.. mal doesnt seem to have that strong of power

maybe crunchy roll did, or ann posted translations of japanese interviews
Oct 26, 2016 1:38 AM
Nov 2013
I doubt it. Anime News Network and Crunchy Roll already have Q&As and interviews on their websites already anyway.
Oct 26, 2016 3:58 AM

Feb 2013
Oct 26, 2016 4:14 AM

Feb 2016
Nah MAL isnt known in Japan whereas Crunchyroll and very few others are atleast heard about and i do not see MAL growing to that level especially since Japan have their own MAL website aka Anikore so i doubt MAL will have any more power in the future unless Crunchyroll take interest or someone of that level.

Oct 26, 2016 4:18 AM

Feb 2016
romagia said:
hm..... look what i found
https://myanimelist.net/featured/tag/interview

Were they interviewed by people from MAL?
It could just be an interview from another website and MAL just posted it up on theirs.

Oct 26, 2016 4:42 AM

Feb 2013
Yourlolm said:
romagia said:
hm..... look what i found
https://myanimelist.net/featured/tag/interview

Were they interviewed by people from MAL?
It could just be an interview from another website and MAL just posted it up on theirs.
op wasn't very specific on what MAL Q&A means

let's check the latest few..

Vic Mignona - "The following interview took place on the last day of September during Anime Weekend Atlanta. It has been transcribed from a cell phone recording and edited for clarity and length."

Kill la Kill english cast - "On day 3 of MomoCon, five of the Kill la Kill English dub's cast sat down for an informal panel about the show. As expected of Kill la Kill, things got goofy quick. These are excerpts from that hilarious hour with Erica Mendez, Laura Post, Ben Diskin, Matthew Mercer, and David Vincent!"

Erica Mendez - "I sat down to a press conference with Erica Mendez on the third day of MomoCon, having been previously informed that I would be allowed one question without followup. As the conference included two journalists other than myself, it would have only been five minutes long under these constraints. The three of us ended up speaking with Erica for twenty enlightening minutes, during which I got some serious insight into finding one's voice (and not losing your way!)."

NOTE: the 3 ones above are all written by the same user; the first 2 are transcripts from conventions, and the 3rd sounds like a MAL-original

Madman Entertainment - no info provided, but the interview doesn't seem to be posted on anywhere but MAL; it was written by a strange user called MAL_editing_team.. presumably a MAL original

Hiroya Oku (Gantz) - the writer is KodanshaComics, with a link to the interview on their site; presumably they posted it on MAL as it gives the mangaka's new manga (published by Kodansha) some publicity

Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail) - also by KodanshaComics, with a link to their site at the bottom ("For more interview like this, check out Kodansha")

More topics from this board

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 10

85 by Cammell »»
43 seconds ago

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - May 10

100 by MHRX_999 »»
2 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - 8 hours ago

50 by Bubble_Fish »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime sequels that fell off

ST63LTH - Yesterday

36 by DarkShame2 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » should characters be smart or mature for you to enjoy them?

deg - 11 hours ago

20 by FanofAction »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.