Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray and DVD Rankings for Oct 17 - 23

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2016 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
swordmasterman said:
hpulley said:

Agreed on the Flying Witch sales though they may be too low for a sequel, given that the manga sales are also fairly low (volume 4 did rank but only 28K).

Now, Netflix doesn't care AT ALL about disc sales, they care about Netflix views. So if you want to see more Kuromukuro then subscribe to Netflix and watch both seasons, maybe even a few times. If everyone watched it elsewhere then Netflix doesn't know there is interest, doesn't see any views and will almost certainly NOT offer to fund a second season. Legal streaming is a BIG part of a show's income now, probably more than disc sales; this includes foreign streaming, in fact it may be higher for foreign streaming, especially in China. So if you want your show to continue, then support it with legal streaming at least (and buy discs and merch if you like too).

I heard that Netflix rate the series by the number of hours that it was watched.

Would be good if we had more data about how well an anime is watched on those streaming sites.
Yes, hours/minutes. Crunchyroll has admitted to doing the same so it isn't enough to just start all the episodes, you have to actually watch them start to end to give them the most money. Skipping the OP and ED actually costs them money! No lie... funny business. Would be great if they gave out that info but I'm sure that's considered a business secret.
hpulleyOct 26, 2016 8:54 AM
Oct 26, 2016 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Matoro_Mahri said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:

JUST LOOK AT YURI ON ICE MUAH!!! HAHAHAHA, my fav are all in tops.

Agreed, good to see Yuri on Ice, Drifters, and Gundam up there. Wish 3-gatsu was higher though.

Same here, I agree about 3-gatsu but atleast the manga has a crazy sales, one of the reason for not caring about the anime sales.
Oct 26, 2016 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
Matoro_Mahri said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:

Same here, I agree about 3-gatsu but atleast the manga has a crazy sales, one of the reason for not caring about the anime sales.

I understand it is in somewhat the same situation as Dennou Coil and Log Horizon -- big NHK $$$ behind it, so they are much less worried about the otaku market.
Aniplex would certainly like it to sell more discs but the NHK couldn't care less. Hopefully everyone involved is paying all their taxes...
Oct 29, 2016 5:02 PM
Feb 2015
Ejc said:
-Janet said:

It's honestly a waste of time trying to explain it to the idiot who wrote gay boring anime is selling high, he's just just butthurt that Keijio is selling below average. Just let him be if he feels happy letting all his anger out by throwing shit on female oriented shows then fine, does he gain anything? Not really lol

Anyways you know I've never bought a Cd drama so I'm a bit lost in that department but if the studio that made the anime made the mistake of changing the cast then of course I would understand why the anime would be selling a bit less then others but 500 copies is ridiculous. I'm pretty bummed that even if the series did a lot of changes its selling terrible here I thought we would get a sequel just like Utapri and Hakouki did but guess I was wrong D: Wow I can't believe they changed Kae's seiyuu I absolutely love HanaKana she in my opinion fit Kae perfectly what were they thinking when they changed her /:

Same goes for the manga, been so behind with it but I keep hearing from people who've read it that the anime is a bit better? Hmmm I would definitely be upset if I knew as a manga reader that they were rushing the anime but I don't believe it's all bad the comedy is what I think saves the anime. I don't really mind animation never had a problem with that I'm all for new and old animation ^^

You know what I just realize this is the second reverse harem adapted from a manga, first it was Ouran Highschool host club right? Sorry for being so random but I would've prefered if either Barajou no kiss or S•L•K were adpated they deserve it more D: Anyways I can totally understand why Japan viewers who follow the manga wouldn't want to buy the discs but I still can't help to love the anime and hope for it to sell a bit more in the future.

Now I'm curious WHY ISN'T THE GOD OF ALL REVERSE HAREMS, UTA NO PRI SAMA ON THE EARLY ESTIMATES?

@hpulley Alrighty thanks for the info you've been very helpful my friend, even if the sales are terrible for now I won't lost hope that it will somehow manage to sell around 3k after its done airing !!

Girls, don't get so worked up over that guy, or waste your time on him. I understand it can get really infuriating to have to deal with people like him, but I just assume he's homophobic, like many other guys on MAL seem to be. I don't watch anime series that appeal to females, because they don't appeal to me, but I don't get angry over anime aimed at females selling well. I think it's a good thing, that there's more anime out there that appeals to females, but I think it is too extreme what marx-chan was suggesting. Yes, there needs to be more of a balance so that female fans can also enjoy the seasonal anime, but to oppress male fans just because of one rotten egg is not the way to go.

As for the question from @-Janet, UtaPri Season 4 is not solicited on Amazon JP, so there's no estimate available from Amazon Stalker. Although, even if it gets solicited on Amazon JP, it'll most likely be underestimated anyway due to strong performance at Animate.

I do apologize for my words your absolutely right about that but I can't help to hate his guts whenever I see him on any forums. It's either him whining like a little bitch about how female oriented anime is taking over the industry or insulting yaoi stuff it's pissing me off very much like wtf no female on here bitches about how much harem is made every season. Is he that stupid that he hasn't realize how much LN harem Novels are adapted into anime? :/ HE NEEDS TO LEARN TO SHUT HIS MOUTH AND RESPECT ANIME THAT'S TARGETED FOR US FEMALES. Anyways again I apologize I know not every guy on here is like him D:

Ahh and thanks for answering my question regarding Utapri, hoping it's able to save this fall season, I thought either Watashi or Macross Delta would save this year but I underestimated both sadly, still have a little hope either sell more as time goes.

@Hpulley You know what I don't understand Shojo anime use to sell fantastic back in the early 2000's through 2010 but for some weird reason it started going downhill. As of today I'm still wondering what happen to shojo anime that had over 26-50 episodes?
Oct 30, 2016 7:08 AM

Nov 2007
Kizumonogatari II has grossed more than ¥500,000,000 in total:
http://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000241.000016356.html

The Yowamushi Pedal Movie at ¥460,000,000 was displaced from the Top 20.

Note: Kimi no Na wa. and Koe no Katachi are not on here, since they're not based on Late-night/midnight TV Anime, but are original Anime Movies (as in not adapted from any source material).

Highest Box Office Gross: Late-night/midnight Anime Movies Top 20 (Current as of Oct 26, 2016)

Key: Rank / Cumulative gross / Initial number of screens (Highest number of screens) / Movie Name
*1 ¥2,860,000,000 121(166) 『ラブライブ! The School Idol Movie』
*2 ¥2,315,264,894 *77(191) ガールズ&パンツァー 劇場版
*3 ¥2,080,000,000 129(***) 劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ 新編 -叛逆の物語-
*4 ¥1,900,000,000 137(186) 映画 けいおん!
*5 ¥1,040,000,000 *64(*88) 劇場版 あの日見た花の名前を僕たちはまだ知らない。
*7 ¥*,850,000,000 102(***) 劇場版 PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス
*7 ¥*,850,000,000 *24(101) 涼宮ハルヒの消失
*8 ¥*,800,000,000 108(157) 傷物語 Ⅰ 鉄血篇
*9 ¥*,743,000,000 *94(***) 劇場版 TIGER&BUNNY -The Rising-
10 ¥*,700,000,000 *38(*99) 劇場版 マクロスF 恋離飛翼
11 ¥*,680,000,000 120(152) 映画 ハイ・スピード-Free! Starting Days-
12 ¥*,678,184,800 *39(*85) THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE 輝きの向こう側へ (VideoM@ster版 = ¥772,973,700)
13 ¥*,650,000,000 *30(*31) 劇場版 マクロスF 虚空歌姫
14 ¥*,600,000,000 *70(*94) 劇場版 TIGER&BUNNY -The Beginning-
15 ¥*,590,000,000 *43(***) 劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ 前編 -始まりの物語-
17 ¥*,560,000,000 *18(*48) 劇場版 シュタインズゲート 負荷領域のデジャヴ
17 ¥*,560,000,000 *43(***) 劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ 後編 -永遠の物語-
18 ¥*,550,000,000 *50(*51) 魔法少女リリカルなのは The MOVIE 2nd A's
20 ¥*,500,000,000 *30(*93) 劇場版 とある魔術の禁書目録 エンデュミオーンの奇蹟
20 ¥*,500,000,000 117(***) 傷物語 II 熱血篇

EjcOct 30, 2016 7:16 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 31, 2016 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
-Janet said:

@Hpulley You know what I don't understand Shojo anime use to sell fantastic back in the early 2000's through 2010 but for some weird reason it started going downhill. As of today I'm still wondering what happen to shojo anime that had over 26-50 episodes?

26 episodes, a.k.a, 2 cours anime in general come less and less. About shojo series around 50 and even more episodes, most of the companies that were doing them stopped those doing or only focused in 1 timeslot for them and have a super popular Shoujo anime long-running. Example: Precure, Pripara and Aikatsu. They are all Shoujo series.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
2 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

17 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
4 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by notPara »»
Yesterday, 8:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.