Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 22, 2016 4:16 PM

Aug 2014
My little brother likes pokemon and Shin-chan and my mom used to watch as a kid the old animes like doraemon, astro boy and ikkyu-san but both aren't really interested in anime.
Oct 22, 2016 5:01 PM
Oct 2016
My husband also watches anime but I would say I am more into it. We have shows we both like, and shows only I watch and only he watches.

My sisters definitely did not watch nor do watch anime and my older sister says she doesn't understand it but she never has even tried to find one she'd like and I am convinced with all the genre's out there that everyone should be able to find one they'd enjoy.

A friend of mine watches as well, but we are several states apart from each other.
Oct 22, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
I sometimes watch shows with my brother when we're together, and I've recommended him stuff which he's liked. Mostly violent stuff... but I know he has watched at least a couple of comedy shows on his own.
He's of the opinion that the very vast majority of anime is bad (・ヘ・)

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Oct 22, 2016 5:16 PM

May 2015
my dad was the one who introduced me to anime that wasnt kiddy like doraemon and chibi makuro-chan so Ill give him credit for showing me Eva, FLCL, and Yakitate Japan

3/5 of my stepbrothers watch shounen like naruto and dbz but only my second oldest stepbrother watches actual anime. hes seen quite a lot and binged hella over summers; I think his favourite is Bleach

theres also my younger fullblood brother whos seen fma and I got him to watch toradora, but hed rather watch Steven Universe. this is his mal @intern
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Oct 22, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2014
I turned my little brother into a full-on anime addict :') My mom also likes anime, we've watched a few movies and some episodes of random shows together.
Oct 23, 2016 11:14 AM

Nov 2014
Well my little sister is also a anime fan although isn't as addicted as me.. and while my older brother doesn't really watch anime, he like to read manga..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Oct 23, 2016 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
My dad watched a couple of anime. Those are about yne only series he likes.
Oct 23, 2016 4:09 PM

May 2008
My younger brother likes the classics more. FMA and Death Note are his favorites.
Oct 23, 2016 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
Only one in my family who watches anime but most of my friends also enjoy anime now.
Oct 23, 2016 8:00 PM

May 2015
My sister is into anime but she doesn't watch it all the time and my cousin Kayson is into Yugioh and I think that's about it. lol :p
Oct 25, 2016 9:30 PM
Apr 2010
My younger brother is also into anime and manga, and we both like a lot of the same series.
Oct 25, 2016 9:31 PM
Apr 2015
My cousin watches One Piece and he also watched Kuroko and World Trigger.
Oct 25, 2016 10:12 PM

Aug 2016
I'm pretty much the only one in my family that watches anything as it airs, and even then I'm extremely particular/picky. I did catch my younger brother watching Gin no Saji recently though, thought that was pretty cute. He used to watch it a lot more when we were about 6 years younger, when he thought I was "cool" lol. I remember watching X and Noir with him.

My mom enjoys Studio Ghibli so we get to watch their movies together as they come out.
Oct 25, 2016 11:14 PM

Oct 2015
My sister is just as into anime as me.

My mom and dad aren't really into anime, they watched Speed Racer and Astroboy as kids though, My dad liked the original Macross enough to watch all of it (He watched it this year). My sister has tried to show my mom some Ghibli films but at best she just found some of them okay.

Nobody else in my family watches it expect for my 8 year old cousin who watches Pokemon and maybe Yo-Kai Watch but that doesn't really count. Then again not my people in my family actually had kids so most of them are older and not aware of anime. My sister showed my 50 year old uncle a drawing she did of Hatsune Miku once and he though it was Sailor Moon, while he was wrong we where both really surprised that he knew Sailor Moon but he probably just remembered it being popular in the 90's or something.
Oct 26, 2016 11:49 PM
Nov 2013
My older brother does. A bunch of my other cousins too. Not sure if my full-Japanese cousins would count under this, I mean, anime, Japan... That's kind of cheating, right?

And since someone else brought up friends... I actually never joined an anime club or anything in my life, but I managed to find myself with a great group of friends who all watch anime, so I guess I have the opposite problem as OP as I know and surround myself with too many people who watch anime irl. It's suffocating sometimes tbh
Oct 27, 2016 12:47 AM

May 2013
My sister enjoys some anime but only through osmosis. I watched a lot of anime so therefore since we have a good relationship she enjoys the ones I watch. She's not a true fan though!
Oct 27, 2016 1:51 AM

Apr 2016
Once I showed my sister anime and now she is fan as I am :)
Oct 27, 2016 1:53 AM

Sep 2009
My brother likes romcoms, but those are really trashy.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 27, 2016 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
my step dad likes anime i guess but he doesn't watch any anymore
Oct 27, 2016 3:22 AM

Apr 2014
Everyone in my family does except my dad haha, and most of my friends do :3
Oct 27, 2016 6:24 AM

Jul 2009
My parents think anime is autistic and they worry for me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do godzilla or any other kaiju actually exist irl?

FruitPunchBaka - 8 hours ago

11 by LightWorker »»
12 minutes ago

» Have you ever experienced something scary, disturbing, or unsettling?

SaltyCookie - 10 hours ago

13 by LightWorker »»
31 minutes ago

» What are some of the most common Applicant Tracking Systems?

batistadave - 1 hour ago

0 by batistadave »»
1 hour ago

» Women live longer than men

MUFFlN - Yesterday

18 by elgatosaika »»
1 hour ago

» Why do Americans work

vasipi4946 - May 6

29 by traed »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.