Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 2016 2:59 PM

Sep 2016
guulaash said:

i couldnt describe the reason any better than this xD but its def what i was thinking when i watched naruto today. all those feels are something that has been build up inside of me for many years and no short shit like angel beats can ever beat that

Anytime Angel Beats gets praised, you get a handful of "if it was longer it'd be sooo amazing!!" It's so hypocritical and laughable.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Oct 4, 2016 3:14 PM

Sep 2016
I find myself getting disappointed that anime I like ends up being shorter (most are 12 episodes or so, hardly ever over 30). I like FMA: Brotherhood, but I'm starting to favor shorter anime unknowingly. I'm typically going to skip over filler episodes afterwards anyways, so I'd rather a good series that I want to watch over again than length just for length's sake.

My guess for some of those appealing to me is that it's focused on quality over quantity. If you spend $100k on 12 episodes as opposed to 100 episodes, you are going to get a better series with 12 episodes.
Oct 4, 2016 3:21 PM
Aug 2016
I usually prefer shorter series for at least a few reasons:

-Easier to tell a more cohesive story (i.e. less padding), he tend to feel better paced

-Allows me to get through a story without *too* much time commitment

-Generally a higher budget-to-episode ratio, so animation & art quality are more likely to be consistent & higher quality

Probably more, but I've noticed my enjoyment is helped by these general features of shorter series.
Oct 4, 2016 3:27 PM
Apr 2016
Budget for one thing. More money goes into an episode of 12 episode series than a long running one. Also less episodes=more focus.

I too prefer shorter anime, they are not as intimidating.
Oct 4, 2016 10:49 PM
Aug 2010
zombie_pegasus said:
I would personally argue that 50 episode anime, which I guess are mid-length if 200 episodes is what we're calling "long", are the best kind of anime since they have enough time to properly tell their story but don't have to clog themselves up with filler (sometimes this will still happen, though). The reason why those super-long battle shounen anime are bad is because of what they are. Space Brothers, LoGH, and Major are all long anime that are known for being good because they're written well. They're not battle shounen with a lot of filler.
I definitely agree with this. It's always disappointing when a story is rushed due to a 12 or 24 episode limit. But anime with hundreds of episodes have more opportunities to lose their focus or add filler.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Are anime getting worse and worse ?

Shomix - 1 hour ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
38 seconds ago

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 5 hours ago

22 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

» Score Inflation

Lucifrost - 8 hours ago

15 by LoveYourSmile »»
13 minutes ago

» Does our opinions of characters reflect how we treat other people?

Zamus_Edits - Yesterday

16 by BroDa2545 »»
15 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 12

83 by Daviljoe193 »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.