Forum Settings
Forums

Adaptations are NOT supposed to be mirror copies...

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 3, 2016 4:52 PM

Sep 2016
I do not really agree. Same goes for a book that turns into a movie, don't you want your imagination played out on the big screen the SAME WAY you read it? Manga and Anime are supposed to mirror copies, because they are just supposed animated the pictures on the pages onto the screen. I disagree you on this.

Also... can someone please explain to me on how to create a signature because I cannot seem to size mine right. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2016 4:58 PM

Oct 2015
I agree with the point it don't have to be exactly the same as the original.

But it should at least gives the same feeling the original does and cover the major stuffs, so it's not going to change to completely different story.
Oct 3, 2016 5:00 PM

Feb 2010
Flydaez said:
I agree with the point it don't have to be exactly the same as the original.

But it should at least gives the same feeling the original does and cover the major stuffs, so it's not going to change to completely different story.

and thats the heart of the problem meny "adaptaitons" take a series then completely change it or remove important details or characters leaving it unable to complete with nothing resolved.

FMAB is a good adaptation because while its not exactly like the manga it still is recognize able as the same story.

same with ace attorney

for example toaru majutsu no index while not the best adaptation is still good because it keeps the mains story the same and does not completely change it

(same cant be said about railgun S second half with that filler arc )
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 3, 2016 5:03 PM

Jun 2015
hazerddex said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
nop not moved.
removed.......................................
was not me then i requested a move not a deletion
*chuckles*
what a unique thing to be butthurt by though. not the movie with its big-ass zombies, or the so called spoilers. but that it was in the wrong section.
you must be a very organized person.
Oct 3, 2016 11:08 PM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

But the crowd isn't a singular entity. There is no critical consensus and no piece of art has 100% approval.

No, but there is a general consensus. What has the most support above all is the ideal decision to make.

Noxious_ said:
Eh, monster is pretty much identical, I mean I've read and watched it. While the anime is slow paced because of how faithful the adaptation is, I don't really have an issue with that and I somewhat am happy it is like that. So idk I don't feel like what you said is the truth all the time.

As much as love Monster, I really do feel like Madhouse should've made the adaptation more suitable for animated format with a few alterations rather than just copied panels with an uber-realistic artstyle. Something like Death Note would be a better approach IMO.

Why do the majority decide? The general consensus is that unoriginal Boom Bap about "I'm a good rapper" is the best form of Hip-Hop - so that's the only kind of Hip-Hop we should make?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 3, 2016 11:21 PM

May 2015
ashfrliebert said:
the problem is that the adaptions sucks a whole lot more than the source. and people watch the adapation of sources so that they can watch the adapation of sources, not bad director fantasies.

i dropped magi after balbadd depravity change -___-

TheBrainintheJar said:

What did you get by both reading and watching, if the anime is identical to the manga?

I mean, it's animated. It's cool to see good quality comics animated.

That's it? An anime takes about 6 years of your life. Why waste 6 hours on things you've already seen?
Oct 4, 2016 5:06 AM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
AltoRoark said:

No, but there is a general consensus. What has the most support above all is the ideal decision to make.

As much as love Monster, I really do feel like Madhouse should've made the adaptation more suitable for animated format with a few alterations rather than just copied panels with an uber-realistic artstyle. Something like Death Note would be a better approach IMO.

Why do the majority decide? The general consensus is that unoriginal Boom Bap about "I'm a good rapper" is the best form of Hip-Hop - so that's the only kind of Hip-Hop we should make?

That's a different scenario. We're talking about alteration of a source.

But then again, Aku no Hana's adaptation is spit at by the majority while others, including the author of the original manga, love it. So maybe I'm wrong here.
Oct 4, 2016 10:06 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
You can avoid this problem by not reading manga xD
Oct 4, 2016 10:27 AM

Nov 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
A lot of anime recently has been a 12 episode tease so why wouldn't you want to read o.o
Oct 4, 2016 11:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Botato said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
A lot of anime recently has been a 12 episode tease so why wouldn't you want to read o.o

I hate reading and am always patient enough for a 2nd Season

I mean, the time I could spend reading, I could instead be watching another anime lol
Oct 4, 2016 2:27 PM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

But then again, Aku no Hana's adaptation is spit at by the majority while others, including the author of the original manga, love it. So maybe I'm wrong here.

No one explains to me why the source material is some kind of holy scripture that must not be altered.
Oct 4, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
AltoRoark said:

No one explains to me why the source material is some kind of holy scripture that must not be altered.

Well I'm not saying that's the case at all. I just felt like giving input of my own. I wasn't taking any stance.

I am never one to think that following the source is an automatic plus. Taboo Tattoo follows the manga perfectly and yet it's still a pile of horseshit.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What does it mean to have many shows in your * watching * list ?

Yonahim_Zz - 11 minutes ago

2 by Serafos »»
15 seconds ago

» Anime you’ve been with for a while

Yonahim_Zz - 2 hours ago

10 by Zettaiken »»
1 minute ago

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - 8 hours ago

30 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Ever stopped watching an anime bc you like it so much ?

Yonahim_Zz - 1 hour ago

10 by Zimmu »»
4 minutes ago

» Do we need a 30 year old Husbando?

RedTea33 - 9 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.