Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2016 10:47 PM
Sep 2016
Background info about this show on MAL is lacking. Here is what I learned from Chinese sources.

First, is there a manga? Yes, Hitori no Shita is based on a web comic "一人之下", which is available on Tencent's website. As of now (9/27/2016), the manga has about 200 episodes, with more than 2 billions total views and a score of 9.5/10. The first season of the animation covered about 50 episodes of the manga.

Secondly, who made the animation? Though Haoliners is listed as the producer, they actually outsourced the job to Pandanium, a Japanese studio. What the Chinese team at Haoliners did was only re-editing and voice acting in Mandarin (they actually did a good job re-editing it). And Haoliners only own the copyright in China. Credit of the Japanese version should be given to Pandanium.

Finally, will there be a season 2? Seems yes, at least according to Wang Xin, the director of the Chinese version, announced informally through his Weibo (Chinsese version of twitter).
And given the large fan base of the original manga in China, it makes all sense to animate. But it seems Haoliners is not satisfied with the production quality of season 1 by Pandanium,
and they will probably do it by themselves for season 2. That means, though there will be a season 2, there is a good chance that it won't be aired in Japan, and probably won't be on websites like Crunchyroll.
Sep 26, 2016 10:59 PM

Jun 2014
If they weren't satisfied with the outsourced studio, why hand it to them in the first place? Your post is really informative and explains why there is a lack of staff being listed.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 28, 2016 9:25 PM

Dec 2008
FangH said:
Background info about this show on MAL is lacking. Here is what I learned from Chinese sources.

First, is there a manga? Yes, Hitori no Shita is based on a web comic "一人之下", which is available on Tencent's website. As of now (9/27/2016), the manga has about 200 episodes, with more than 2 billions total views and a score of 9.5/10. The first season of the animation covered about 50 episodes of the manga.

Secondly, who made the animation? Though Haoliners is listed as the producer, they actually outsourced the job to Pandanium, a Japanese studio. What the Chinese team at Haoliners did was only re-editing and voice acting in Mandarin (they actually did a good job re-editing it). And Haoliners only own the copyright in China. Credit of the Japanese version should be given to Pandanium.

Finally, will there be a season 2? Seems yes, at least according to Wang Xin, the director of the Chinese version, announced informally through his Weibo (Chinsese version of twitter).
And given the large fan base of the original manga in China, it makes all sense to animate. But it seems Haoliners is not satisfied with the production quality of season 1 by Pandanium,
and they will probably do it by themselves for season 2. That means, though there will be a season 2, there is a good chance that it won't be aired in Japan, and probably won't be on websites like Crunchyroll.

Thanks for the info!

I just hope if they do a S2, that some how they add japanese dub to it or some japanese company does japanese dub to it(in case any decide to license it), I wouldn't stand watching anime in chinese language... ;(
Oct 6, 2016 11:27 AM
Oct 2016
Please make more romantic scenes and maybe some erotic ,cause this will be awesome trust me ,thanks--
Nov 22, 2016 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
I hope we will be able to see the second season, and the others as well.

More topics from this board

» Is this good???

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 20, 2023

6 by SakuraCosmos »»
Jul 22, 2023 1:55 AM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

27 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:43 PM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

40 by isamu_niraj »»
Jun 8, 2023 1:28 AM

» Original Chinese audio?

SleepyBear - Jul 30, 2016

4 by Yexel »»
Apr 4, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Hitori no Shita: The Outcast Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

35 by _Ph4nt0m_ »»
Sep 16, 2022 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.