Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2016 8:39 PM
May 2014
Hi,
I'd like to get some recommendation for an anime idea I have in mind.
It would be a retired military/ex special force/still in action but off work in his daily life.if Anyone know anything like that it would be great if you could share it with me.
Thanks you very much.
Sep 12, 2016 8:44 PM

Mar 2008
Master Keaton comes to mind. It's not exactly a 'daily life' given his current occupation though.
Sep 12, 2016 8:45 PM

Sep 2014
thedeadjujp said:
Hi,
I'd like to get some recommendation for an anime idea I have in mind.
It would be a retired military/ex special force/still in action but off work in his daily life.if Anyone know anything like that it would be great if you could share it with me.
Thanks you very much.

There's Kingdom

He's not always off of work, but It's a pretty damn accurate porteyal of military life(so there's down time, and inbetween wars, there's a bunch of scenes with him living a normal life), and is the be all, end all of war dramas in general.
Sep 12, 2016 8:54 PM
May 2014
Kingdom has been on my to watch list for a while I may look into soon but it's not what I quite had in mind.
What I have in mind if more like a slice of life where there's the main character and as he do his casual stuff things happen out of nowhere and he have to deal with it.
Thanks for the recommendation so far though.
very welcome.
Sep 12, 2016 9:09 PM

Sep 2014
thedeadjujp said:
Kingdom has been on my to watch list for a while I may look into soon but it's not what I quite had in mind.
What I have in mind if more like a slice of life where there's the main character and as he do his casual stuff things happen out of nowhere and he have to deal with it.
Thanks for the recommendation so far though.
very welcome.

Hm this is sure the case in the prelude(before he actually joins the military), but yea not during the main story, even when he's off work.

I'm sure there's a lot of WW II/set right after WW II movies that do this, but at the end of the day, they're just movies.

Letter Bee has a lot of what you're looking for, but It's a very unique take on such. Imagine a postal worker, and military officer combined into a single profession. All kinds of situational things happen in this anime, even when off duty(infact, even more weird situations happen, when he is off duty, I swear, poor kid never gets a break).
Sep 12, 2016 10:31 PM
Mar 2015
I think Dimension W probably fits the bill quite well.
Sep 13, 2016 1:56 AM
May 2014
I watched a few trailer for Dimension W, seems interesting, I'll jump right into it.
Thanks you kind person.
Sep 13, 2016 9:16 AM

May 2012
The detective in Mouryou no Hako has flashbacks to his combat experience in WWII. I don't know if that's what you're looking for though.

Blood+ has some retired military people in it, but they are not the main characters.

Anime protagonists are usually too young to qualify as retired anything.

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 1 hour ago

0 by Gfralp »»
1 hour ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

6 by RaiYou »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
6 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.