Forums
your name.
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 23, 2016 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
MrNTR said:
I can understand your sentiment but I really don't think its gonna affect people's opinion of the movie that much. Those who really like it will just pirate it again once the Blu-Ray is released. I know Mokoto Shinkai movies are especially praised for its animation value but even then, the rip currently available is not THAT bad.

twigglyfiggly said:
Breaking the law is fun

Indeed, which is why 80-90% of the people on this site pirate all their anime shit.

Bet majority of MAL pirates their shit anyway, no way they can reach 400+ titles on some lists and CR was illegal before they went "the proper channels"

BDrips pls.
Sep 23, 2016 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
CatSoul said:
I felt like it was more than watchable. I could tell how much effort had been put into making every frame look beautiful even in 480p. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray, which I will purchase.

will purchase if this is available in my country, may I ask....
how do I order online in the future
and about the payment method,
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Sep 26, 2016 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
Watched the leak, it was more than watchable (I've watched cammed movies, so I'm used to worse) though I admit that it would have of course been much better on bluray.

The thought of waiting almost a year for it however was wat pulled me over the edge.

Still going to buy it and watch it again once it finally does come out though, it was amazing.
Sep 26, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
So, folks actually watch this garbage 480p double subbed/watermark rip? Well, it's laughable but whatever. Just wait for quality. I laugh at people who watch blurry illegal streaming, but it's not like I actually give a damn about it. TBH, I'm kinda sorry for their loss, but that's it.
Sep 27, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2007
For a title that heavily focuses on the art, it would be a complete waste for me to watch it at such low quality. I'm definitely waiting for 1080p version.
Sep 27, 2016 1:35 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Makoto Shinkai and 480p = not happening.
Sep 28, 2016 1:10 AM

Sep 2016
Kimi no na wa official account has been warned not to watch the illegal video.
It is sending an official account a separate warning to the person who spread the illegal video on twitter, etc. Also that of the under investigation of the person who leaked the illegal video.

Information source
http://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articles/1609/28/news078.html

Kimi no na wa Production Committee Copyright charge account
https://twitter.com/kiminona_rights
Sep 28, 2016 8:51 AM

Nov 2014
I have been waiting for this movie the day the trailer came out, im from central america so im almost shure it wont be on my country theaters, i would be happy if it airs atleast in one theater in all my country and do a trip with some friends, this movie deserves it, waiting for quality and help the industry is always the best option even if you have to wait a couple of months
Oct 1, 2016 3:54 AM

May 2011
@mitsuhataki ...they're both unreasonable and inefficient... unless it's also available legally everyone they cannot say anything.
Oct 1, 2016 4:25 AM

Mar 2014
Besides all these rude "No one cares" but they clergy do with this much comments...Im for one just gonna wait until it hit Cinemas where I live, but I can see why people would go as far to pirate the film because of it popularity and high reviews.

I just think you are going off the handle about all this.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 1, 2016 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
I wanted to wait for a legit release to watch. But I got too damn impatient. I am guilty of watching that leak and am somewhat ashamed.

But I am 100000% going to buy this and watch it 10000000 times over. I loved this fucking movie so much. I don't even.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 2, 2016 12:17 AM

Dec 2015
Oshit it's out on Kissanime??

E: It's a 480p, fuck that shit, I can wait should it come to theatres where I live. You have to be an idiot to watch a Shinkai film in 480p.

To be fair though, they should have marketed the film more efficiently for the worldwide audience considering how much of a success it was. People all around the world outside of Japan want to watch it in cinemas/at home/buy it but don't know how long they have to wait. The average user/me can't even get anything from a google search, it's either cave in now and watch 480p or forget about it for another few months.

If only they just released actual theatrical release dates instead of "85 countries."
Prim3Oct 2, 2016 12:29 AM
~
Oct 2, 2016 11:59 AM
Dec 2012
Still no news of theatrical release date.
Meanwhile the goods (my order) have arrived - novel, soundtrack, walker, visual guide :3
Oct 4, 2016 1:29 AM
Mar 2016
I have seen the leak and it was worth it, what a masterpiece. I cried like a baby watching their story.

10/10, I'll watch it again when arrives to Spain. I hope this movie can win an Oscar.
Oct 4, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
I tried to watch it but the quality just prevents me from continuing so I will just wait until it releases on blu-ray

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Oct 4, 2016 4:11 PM
May 2011
Saw it at anime expo. was blown away completely. Honestly, I probably would watch that leak out of curiosity. There's absolutely no question that I'll buy this on bluray as soon as it becomes possible though. Hell, I've already bought the piano sheet music through kinokuniya, so I'm more than willing to throw money at this.
Oct 5, 2016 9:58 PM

Sep 2016
This movie is the theater release of the countries and regions of the current 89 has been determined.
Countries that currently release is announced USA, China, UK, France, Spain, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand.
Information source
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5311514/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

http://en.yibada.com/articles/161240/20160919/kimi-no-na-wa-release-dates-for-us-uk-main-character-from-previous-makoto-shinkai-film-appears-in-your-name.htm

I have seen this work five times in Tokyo of a movie theater.
I want you to receive a legitimate consideration to Makoto Shinkai. This masterpiece film is if you did not succeed abroad because of this illegal video, I am very sad as a Japanese.
Oct 6, 2016 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
I'll be watching this in my VR headset, so 480p would be so pixelated and messy it would just make me literally nauseous.
Oct 6, 2016 4:09 PM

Sep 2016
Leak looks totally fine and is definitly watchable.

It's not like a better looking version will improve the disastrous story of this movie.
Oct 6, 2016 9:56 PM

Nov 2013
Great film. I can't wait for the Blu-ray, because I know there are thousands of gems hidden in the visuals and sound that are missed watching online.

Films like this justify my having over half of my net worth tied up in a high end home theater.
Oct 10, 2016 10:04 PM

Jun 2012
I'm definitely waiting for a HD version. Pretty hyped with it being #1 (not that MAL is completely reliable but #1 is something) on here aside from the PVs and other videos of it.

I think it's nice there's a version up at least. I think it's a little selfish if you're going to criticize everyone for not waiting for a high-quality picture.

Oct 11, 2016 4:50 PM

Dec 2013
LuniWinterhawk said:

>480p DVD
>watermark
>double sub (chinese/english)

Yeah, definitely watchable...
lolno
Oct 12, 2016 2:39 AM

Sep 2016
It is, it is much better than bootleg VHS fansubs from the 90s which I still remember watching and enjoying.

The visial quality doesn't change that the script and plot coherence have huge issues and that the characters are barely fleshed out.
Oct 12, 2016 6:38 AM
Dec 2012
Kamiyan3991 said:
LuniWinterhawk said:

>480p DVD
>watermark
>double sub (chinese/english)

Yeah, definitely watchable...
lolno
the watermark is just on upper right corner and once in a while warning scrolling text for illegal use.
Regarding the double sub, interestingly, my Chinese friend told me that that's how they usually watched subbed movies - it has both Chinese and English subtitles.
As for 480p, it's not that long ago that 480p was great and 720p was extreme, and if you watch in a big screen as opposed to bloated laptop screen resolution, it won't look as bad.

Still, one day we'll get the HD.
Even Shin Godzilla have 0 leaks until now, and I just watched that on US theaters yesterday.
Oct 12, 2016 10:39 AM
Mar 2016
I saw it leaked at first and the quality was superb. DVD quality and the sound was perfect, so I don't really care what fanboys says about HD and all that crap, was super good.

I saw it later on a cinema btw.
Oct 15, 2016 3:59 PM

Aug 2015
D4rKNiGhT said:
I saw it leaked at first and the quality was superb. DVD quality and the sound was perfect, so I don't really care what fanboys says about HD and all that crap, was super good.

I saw it later on a cinema btw.

Were you at the London Film Festival?
Oct 16, 2016 12:59 PM

Nov 2008
Seen it today in UK cinema (Scotland Loves Anime festival). Loved it, especially art/animation and OST, was exactly what I expected from Makoto Shinkai movie :)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Na wa. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

checkdafool - Jul 3, 2016

1388 by Violet__Doll »»
May 2, 3:39 AM

» The only couple that could say they’ve been in each others shoes

Angglio_1 - Apr 9

19 by Fenyy »»
Apr 14, 9:03 AM

» Something I found about Makoto Shinkai's other work

past_feelings - Apr 10

36 by TheSkilledSnake »»
Apr 13, 1:25 PM

» Is Your Name the best and worst thing to happen for Makoto Shinkai?

JuliusKingsley0 - Dec 29, 2023

47 by taleco »»
Jan 2, 1:22 PM

» Happy birthday to you two..

Suka-7777-Suka - Nov 30, 2023

26 by apkaptn1 »»
Jan 2, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.