Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 5, 2016 4:54 AM

Jan 2016
I'm a girl but why am I embarrassed when I try to watch cute girls and magical powers? Even if I'm alone I can't watch them. Whyyyyyy? (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)
Sep 5, 2016 6:04 AM

Aug 2015
Seiryus said:
KurosoraRyuga said:

Isn't that how society works lol

I don't think that it can apply to hobbies and interests though

Oh believe me, it can. There are a lot of prejudice towards none mainstream hobbies in a lot of countries
Sep 5, 2016 6:07 AM

Aug 2015
Dave8814 said:
KurosoraRyuga said:
Not at all. If anything, I've actually gotten closer to female otakus tnx to this. Anyone can ask me for recommendations

Bot they are ugly and bizarre, aren't they?

Lol, well, it's not like I've ever had my eyes on them lol.
Just giving reasons as to why he shouldn't be embarassed of liking those kinds of anime

You took it out of context lol
Sep 5, 2016 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
Not sure if serious or not, but I'll take it as serious.

Why the fuck do you give a shit about what others think? Lmao.
It doesn't make you less manly at all.
It did quite the opposite to me, I'm surrounded by girls now.
And rememer, real men don't care.
Sep 5, 2016 6:10 AM

Mar 2016
KurosoraRyuga said:
Seiryus said:

I don't think that it can apply to hobbies and interests though

Oh believe me, it can. There are a lot of prejudice towards none mainstream hobbies in a lot of countries

Hmm , interesting , I won't try to argue because my small brain knowledge is probably wrong
Sep 5, 2016 6:13 AM

Aug 2015
Seiryus said:
KurosoraRyuga said:

Hmm , interesting , I won't try to argue because my small brain knowledge is probably wrong

Nah, no biggie. I mean, it's not like my country is like that. I just got that from several sources on the internet forgot where I got them from lol
Sep 5, 2016 6:24 AM

Mar 2016
KurosoraRyuga said:
Seiryus said:

Nah, no biggie. I mean, it's not like my country is like that. I just got that from several sources on the internet forgot where I got them from lol

Funny how people can care so much about other people opinions even though those other people don't really care about them .
Sep 5, 2016 7:09 AM
Dec 2015
i love Love live, Idolm@ster, Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka, k-on, and all of the girly animes because it's cute and funny.
Sep 5, 2016 7:12 AM

Mar 2016
KurosoraRyuga said:
Dave8814 said:

Bot they are ugly and bizarre, aren't they?

Just giving reasons as to why he shouldn't be embarassed of liking those kinds of anime

Wait, you mean you went to the girls, but you didn't want to bang any of them? They why you went there?
Sep 5, 2016 7:25 AM

Mar 2008
it seems that you are not ready for watching these animes, boy.
Sep 5, 2016 7:36 AM

Feb 2014
Animes like Love Live, K-ON!, The iDOLM@STER, Hidamari Sketch etc are targeted at males anyway.

Also there is nothing wrong with being feminine i love to crossdress and watch moe anime, and i don't give a single fuck what people think about me.
Stop calling me your bunny I won't hop and you don't own me
Sep 5, 2016 7:44 AM
Apr 2016
Life is short. Live yours in whatever way will make you happy. If people try to make you feel bad for entertainment preferences, they are morons who aren't worth your time. "It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not." -- Van Zant
Sep 5, 2016 7:49 AM

Jul 2015
watch whatever you enjoy and dont care about other opinions
i avoid them because i dont enjoy watching them and not because is embarassing
Sep 5, 2016 8:23 AM

Oct 2015
Why would you tell someone you watch anime in the first place? That's a red flag.
Sep 5, 2016 8:34 AM

Feb 2015
Digibro's favourite anime is K-On. Just keep that in mind ^^
Sep 5, 2016 8:49 AM

Jul 2015
I would suggest the guys not to let this go to there head.
If someone does make fun of them for watching moe-y and magical girl filled shows that's there problem that should not stop you!

Oh and most moe animes are for guys anyways.
Most girl shows are filled with bishounens.

Sep 5, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
Chances are, you are already a faggot...but it's alright, you watch what you want, no one will know anyway.
WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.
Sep 5, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
If you're so concerned about what people think they maybe you already are a faggot
Sep 5, 2016 11:49 AM

Jan 2015
lol @ the op

real men watch girly animes, mate
Sep 5, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2016
Don't worry about it. Watch what you want.
Sep 5, 2016 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
Oh ok.

In this case OP, you should watch manly anime with only buff men. That way people will know exact how straight you are when you show up in covered in buff naked dudes anime merch.

Sep 5, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2016
For example, my first anime was Sailor moon and I was 6...and I'm not ashamed, because I really enjoyed it back then and it introduced me to anime. So watch whatever you want and enjoy. :)

MihaiOtakuSep 9, 2016 4:17 AM
Sep 5, 2016 1:23 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Who cares, just watch whatever you want.
What you watch doesn't really always determine how manly you are & besides, Love Live is targeted at males so..
Just enjoy what you want to enjoy =).
-ArisaMar 14, 2018 11:50 AM

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Sep 5, 2016 1:29 PM

Jul 2016
maymm said:
I like Sailor Moon and Love Live! but I'm scared that people will think I'm a faggot. Should I become a real man and only watch badass battle shounen animes?

Your were already a real man by admitting you watch those shows ( both are not limited to girls btw)
damn, the forums these days...
Sep 5, 2016 2:04 PM

Jun 2016
WHAT!?! Sailor Moon is my jam show. I would never be ashamed of watching it

Moon Prism Power Make-Up, my niggas!!

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Sep 5, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2016
Just watch whatever you like. I am a guy too and watch/read nearly exclusively girly stuff. Nobody out there really cares what you are watching anyways so just stick with what you like.

Though tbh it sounds to me as if OP is trolling us a bit. xD
Sep 5, 2016 3:03 PM
May 2016
IcyColdLight said:
Just watch whatever you like. I am a guy too and watch/read nearly exclusively girly stuff. Nobody out there really cares what you are watching anyways so just stick with what you like.

Though tbh it sounds to me as if OP is trolling us a bit. xD
What he/she said! haha well i only read girly stuff tbh but if im alone nobodys around my computer yea i watch some stuff that is pointed towards girls like k-on Xb
Sep 5, 2016 3:06 PM
May 2016
[quote=GarlandReese message=47637129]
maymm said:
I like Sailor Moon and Love Live! but I'm scared that people will think I'm a faggot. Should I become a real man and only watch badass battle shounen animes?

I started watching Anime with stuff like Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z. But the show that caused me to expand my horizons and really get into the genre was "Sailor Moon", maybe the girliest Anime there is. I was blown away mostly by the character depth that was applied to the villains. Then, I say "Metropolis" which isn't a testosterone fest by any means either and then I knew I was head over heels for this genre.

become a - real man- did you just use a fairy tale line hehe
Sep 5, 2016 7:55 PM

Jan 2016
You should just only watch shows full of testosterone and adrenaline and say hello to the "compensating for something" stereotype.

But seriously, like what you like. You know, just do you.
Sep 5, 2016 7:58 PM

Mar 2014
The only people who care are edgy teenagers and middle aged men, disregard them.
Sep 5, 2016 10:57 PM
Feb 2014
maymm said:

You're already a faggot for making a thread about this desu
Sep 6, 2016 12:00 AM

Jul 2015
Lol who cares what other people think? If you wanna watch them, then go watch them. Me personally, I wouldn't let the fact that they're "girly" prevent me from watching them..

Take me for example. I used to think that romance anime were pretty "girly" as well, but as soon as I completed one, who would've known that this would become my favorite genre hey LOL.

People are gonna judge you regardless, so why not let them judge you for watching what you like?

caught in the wonder
Sep 6, 2016 2:36 AM
Jul 2016
why should people know? I don't let anyone know that I watch anime
Sep 6, 2016 2:38 AM

Feb 2016
LOVE LIVE FOR LIFE :DDDDDDDDD
I also went through a Shoujo phase, but who cares..? Only unimportant people :)
Just watch whatever the hell you want, it doesn't matter what other people think. If they judge you that's their problem ;)
Sep 6, 2016 3:53 AM

Jul 2013
maymm said:
Uh dude!!! We're in a community were people have WAIFUS in anime for crying out loud. What I'm saying that, if you like it go for it. I watch Precure, Love Live, hell even that current moe anime New Game. By looking at my avatar and signature...Yeah!

Sep 6, 2016 4:19 AM

Jul 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
stop being a pussy

I lold though cause I was talking about love live sunshine with friends in a semi public place yesterday and a few weeks ago I said to a girl who came into my job in a Sailormoon shirt "leme get that shirt"

There's also this dude who comes in sometimes in a miku shirt, and I'm like, "dat shirt tho"

Didn't you live in an american black "ghetto" neighbourhood, lots of anime fans running around there?
Sep 6, 2016 5:06 AM

Jun 2015
Oikura said:
Why do you care about the opinion of others?
Bcoz if you dont tend to care about others opinions or what ppl think of you, they call you crazy.

believe me, I know, been called that a lot.
didnt really matter.

anywho, battle shounen are for shonen, boys, kids, not men.

watch shit like purizumu or K_ON!!!, its seinen, means for MEHN!!!!
Sep 6, 2016 6:49 AM

Aug 2015
Dave8814 said:
KurosoraRyuga said:

Wait, you mean you went to the girls, but you didn't want to bang any of them? They why you went there?

Can't we just be friends and 9 times out of 10, they're the ones who approached me
Sep 6, 2016 7:48 AM

Apr 2015
I'm a girly boi and I enjoy manly action anime and cute grills doing cute things.
Sep 6, 2016 7:51 AM

Feb 2016
Nah, Free! is for faggots. So you're good OP
Sep 6, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
Arrogant said:
Nah, Free! is for faggots. So you're good OP

I wanted to start Free! because of the high rating, and the comdey/slice of life, then I saw the men in pants. I don't think is that what I should watch.

KurosoraRyuga said:
Dave8814 said:

Can't we just be friends and 9 times out of 10, they're the ones who approached me

It sounds really "Meh". Most of the girls like to talk too much about the nothing, and feelings, and other nonsense things. Sometimes eveytime is really painfully to listen.
Sep 6, 2016 8:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
BlueBalls said:

Didn't you live in an american black "ghetto" neighbourhood, lots of anime fans running around there?

that neighborhood slowly turned ghetto over the years as did my school and that was in another state which i haven't lived in for 10 years lol

but back then anime for me was whatever was on American TV and i don't think you could watch online, and even if you could, our internet was shit, so online was only about the pictures lol

most of my anime stories are from here and when i started college as talking about that stuff wasn't cool when i was a kid, so ppl mostly hid it :x
Sep 6, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
Honestly, just watch what you like. You don't have to be embarrassed of liking girly things, you don't have to live up to that standard of masculinity. Just be you.
Sep 6, 2016 10:15 AM

May 2014
I'm a girl and JoJo is in my top 3.
Will the sheer testosterone emanating from my laptop screen turn me into a butch lesbian?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2016 11:30 AM

Sep 2015
Ummm... Just watch them and dont tell others?
If you are talking about in MAL you can hide your list if your that embaressed.
Sep 6, 2016 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Let the haters hate. But if you like what you like that's all that matters.
Sep 6, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2012
Forget "girly" anime. You (and we all should) be embarrassed of watching anime in general.

--- Says the guy who watches a lot
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Sep 6, 2016 6:04 PM

Apr 2013
Strawberrycake48 said:
Will the sheer testosterone emanating from my laptop screen turn me into a butch lesbian?
JoJo seems like a really transvestite show to me.
Sep 6, 2016 6:48 PM

Aug 2016
Who cares what a show emanates? I certainly don't. For me, I either like a show or I don't. Context doesn't make a difference.

Love Live; too boring and formulaic.
Akagami No Shirayuki: New and refreshing in both Shoujo and fairy tales.

It's just an opinion. The ones at fault are those that tell people what to watch.

It's precisely this problem that fandoms like the Brony fandom have to go through. Not a Brony, but you take a look at the people pestering them and its all very similar.
See anime and figure reviews below.
http://tinyurl.com/DrLockdownYoutube
Sep 6, 2016 7:05 PM

May 2014
Shinji said:
Strawberrycake48 said:
JoJo seems like a really transvestite show to me.

Indeed it does.
JoJo really is a great supporter of alternative lifestyles/sexualities & has thus converted many a Gary Stu because of its accurate depictions. Especially through well written characters such as

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Why do so many people still shove anime through interpolaiton AI? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

53 by LeonhartAugust »»
11 minutes ago

» How many completed is considered a lot to you ( 1 2 )

Ice-Cube - Jul 9, 2022

78 by 61969 »»
13 minutes ago

» 🌟Anime Questionnaire 2024 v1🌟

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

18 by Zedlin »»
18 minutes ago

» Are European anime settings easier to get into!!!

Afriendlypaw - Today

20 by Zedlin »»
29 minutes ago

» Going through shows you saw a decade ago, have they fell off?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

8 by Zedlin »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.