Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, now that was an interesting chapter. It's been almost 2 months, but it looks like the wait was worth it. :)

Anyways, the Nova in this dimension are worshiped or something, and everyone is calling the one we see the "holy mother". Which begs the question, are the Nova even from this dimension? At this point, we don't even know anymore.

It looks like the festival is really what they believe to be some sacrifice of the Orders into soul for the holy mother.

But it appears this dimension is some sort of reflection of our own (as if we didn't already know that). They have all those pandora from our dimension (albeit different names and such).

Also the most interesting thing, is that we see Maria Lancelot, and now, apparently the sex-driven Aoi Gengo looking character (the first male we see) wants the holy mother to tear-apart Satellizer (kill her) and show everyone a taste of its power. So I guess we'll have to wait until next time for his smile to turn upside down as Kazuya uses his freezing and saves her as well as stunning everyone else :P
RedDogSlaySep 2, 2016 7:53 PM
Sep 2, 2016 10:38 PM
Jun 2016
Well that was certainly interesting. Did they explain what those weird ghosts that were being killed were? They looked to be in a lot a pain.

Also out of curiosity what are the names for the alternate versions of the characters we know?
Sep 2, 2016 11:33 PM

Jun 2013
The ghost things were Orders. I believe there was one that attacked Kazuya around when he first arrived in the dimension. Also, when everyone was praying, they were chanting for the Orders to "receive their blessing" aka purify/kill them. Everyone believes that they're helping them as far as we know, but Kazuya can tell that they're all in pain (which is why he burst out yelling).

Ok, so from the order that they were introduced:
Elise Tio Velvet, Carol Portega Milliam, Siris Fester Leon, Vera Rairu Danos. The very last one is Satellizer Alexander (on the next page), but we already know who she is.

If you want the order on the platform that they're standing on, then right to left is:
Elise Tio Velvet, Satellizer, Carol Portega Milliam, Siris Fester Leon, Vera Rairu Danos.

Now, if you want to know who exactly they are in our dimension, then you'll have to go and look at the characters again. I can't remember everyone's name off the top of my head. Although I can tell you that Carol Portega Milliam (the tan one) is most likely Arnett McMillian. She's too much of a main character to forget what she looks like :P
Also, I'm not 100% sure that we already know all these pandora because I'm having trouble remembering one or two of them, but that could just be because I haven't seen them in the manga in a while or just forgot about them.
RedDogSlaySep 6, 2016 11:33 PM
Sep 3, 2016 12:08 AM
Jun 2016
I think Elise is supposed to be Sawatari Isuzu (Suna Lee's rival and the assassin who tried to kill Gengo) and Pera looks a lot like Creo Brand (Arnett's roommate). Siris Fester I don't recognize, she might just be a new character.

I'm a bit surprised by how different their names are. I expected them to be like the previous character doubles we've seen (same first name but different family name).

Also I just realized, this new version of Gengo looks like another bad guy from one of LDY's work, the Legend of Maian. Diha Sion I think was his name.
BlacksightSep 3, 2016 2:13 PM
Sep 4, 2016 1:37 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah, Fester was the only character that I wasn't sure if I'd seen before. The other ones I was pretty sure I have.

This new Aoi Gengo though is probably just an alternate version of him with different features since practically every character has their features changed in this new dimension. Either that, or it might be Kazuya's dad or something (this dimensions' version of him at least).

Also Elise reminds me of Lucy Renault a bit, but that could just be because they look pretty similar. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be her, but who knows.
RedDogSlaySep 4, 2016 1:44 AM
Sep 5, 2016 5:35 PM
Sep 2016
Thanks a lot for always summarizing RedDogSlay. Do you mind telling us what the maria look alike says to the audience in the colesieum.
Sep 6, 2016 11:06 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah, my pleasure :)

"For the remaining life forces left behind..." (emphasis on the "for" if that makes any sense)

"The souls of those who have released their own life force to sublimity..."

"As the representative of all life in Eruka"

"In existence there is life"

"In its' intentions there is purpose"

"So to pray for the new journey of those estranged sublimity"

"I, Maria Eruka Nova"

"here declare the opening of the Raundo" ("opening" as in a 'raise the curtain' kind of way. "The start of it" in other words.)

It felt kind of weird to translate into English since the way she's talking is more of an older usage of Japanese, but this translation of it should still make sense.

And yes. Her name is Maria Eruka Nova. The plot thickens :)

Also, I realized I misspelled Vera's name. It's supposed to be Vera Rairu Danos (Bera Rairu Danosu) and not Pera Rairu Dansu. I fixed it in my earlier post. I must've not been paying much attention to it when I first wrote them out, and looking closer I realized my mistake. :P
RedDogSlaySep 7, 2016 12:02 AM
Sep 7, 2016 7:17 AM
Sep 2016
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant thank you enough for translating. This kind of explains my theory of why everything happened in the manga to this point. In my opinion i feel like this is evidence that the nova and the transcendent will are forces that are trying to cause humanity to evolve. I get the idea from chapter 195 or 196 where kazuha's conscienous tells kazuya that being devoid of emotions "is the way we were supposed to evolve", and with what Maria Eruka Nova says in chapter 208 where she prays for journey of the "estranged ones" who also excepted sublimity. I believe that the transcendent will and this sublimity she speaks of are the same thing. Also have a theory that the Nova forms that are hostile to humans are either humans have evolved thanks to the transcendent will but retained their hatred and are lashing out at other species like Amelia in alaska, or the Nova forms that everyone was fighting up until the 13th Nova Clash were in a sense taking on the role of an enemy that required stigmata to fight as a way of forcing humans in that dimension to accept nova tissue. That last part would make sense if you've watched the animes Gundam 00 or Code Geauss. Red Dog Slay cant say it enough, but thanks.
Sep 7, 2016 11:02 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah no problem :)

Yeah, most of your 'theory' has pretty much already been confirmed by this point. We know that the Nova came to Earth (we don't know the specific reason yet, but we inferred it was to destroy them), and that the only way to overcome them was to evolve. That's basically what Aoi Gengo has been trying to do with all of his Stigmata projects and such. Because, now there are people like Rana who appear that are naturally born with stigmata. That's basically the effect that Aoi Gengo wanted.

And yeah. They're basically praying for their transcendence, but in this dimension it appears they call it something else. Either way, I'm pretty sure it means the same thing, so to keep it constant with what we've been calling it in the manga so far, the lines could probably also be translated as:

(Line 2) "The souls of those who have transcended"

(Line 6) "So to pray for their transcendence"

I'd say the last part of your theory is the only unconfirmed thing so far, since the rest of it is already pretty much confirmed by this point. We don't know exactly what the novas are yet, and we don't know their exact reason for coming, but it is most likely that they're here to destroy humanity and we also do know that the only way to overcome them is to evolve. Now, the transcendent will is what wants humanity to evolve and transcend. Exactly what is the transcendent will? We don't know.

What Kazuya is doing now, is he has gone to the other dimension to find out who or what exactly the nova are, and why they were sent/came to Earth as well as figure out what exactly the transcendent will is. Whether the transcendent will is what sent the nova, or whether the transcendent will wants them to stop the nova, we have no idea. So basically from here on out we'll find the true purpose of everything and why it's all happening.
RedDogSlaySep 7, 2016 11:15 AM
Sep 7, 2016 3:01 PM
Jun 2016
Huh so Maria's family name is actually "Nova"? That's weird. I wonder if that means the Nova who have been attacking our Earth up till now have simply been corrupted members of Maria's family?
Sep 7, 2016 3:22 PM
Sep 2016
Thanks for the reply again Red Dog Slay. I admit i dont have conclusive evidence but i do honestly believe that the transcendent will and the nova forms that invade earth are one in the same. Since between the 10th nova clash (the first nova clash in the series) and the 13th nova clash, the nova have displayed the ability to infect bearers of stigma with the transcendent will causing them to work towards the same objective as any other nova form. For example the assimilated pandora of the 10th nova clash communicated with each other to assertain maria's location. Also during the 13th nova clash Cassandora, Tesrad ( My favorite character after Chiffon-Senpai), windy may, and Rana Linchen recieved the message to destroy everythng. The interesting thing to note is Gengo Aoi's anology at the end of chapter 201 where he says humans could only accept the transcendent will. In chapter 203 where he explains extra dimensions and the exit revenant plan. Not to mention the Nova forms and maria lancelot clones coincidentally can transcend dimensions. I think Lim-Dal Young released this info because he plans to relate them together. I agree that there's alot still left unanswered since the intentions of the new human like nova (booby novas, thats right i went there) in the new dimension havent been made clear.
Sep 7, 2016 6:18 PM

Jun 2013
Blacksight said:
Huh so Maria's family name is actually "Nova"? That's weird. I wonder if that means the Nova who have been attacking our Earth up till now have simply been corrupted members of Maria's family?

Well actually, her family name is Lancelot if I'm not mistaken. Her full name is Maria Lancelot. However, in this dimension there appears to be another Maria, but her name is Maria Eruka Nova. I don't think the "Nova" part of her name is mean to be taken literally though. That said, there are now two Maria's that we know about and the original one was supposed to be from this dimension. So why are there two, and are they the same person?

Spartan07011 said:
Thanks for the reply again Red Dog Slay. I admit i dont have conclusive evidence but i do honestly believe that the transcendent will and the nova forms that invade earth are one in the same. Since between the 10th nova clash (the first nova clash in the series) and the 13th nova clash, the nova have displayed the ability to infect bearers of stigma with the transcendent will causing them to work towards the same objective as any other nova form. For example the assimilated pandora of the 10th nova clash communicated with each other to assertain maria's location. Also during the 13th nova clash Cassandora, Tesrad ( My favorite character after Chiffon-Senpai), windy may, and Rana Linchen recieved the message to destroy everythng. The interesting thing to note is Gengo Aoi's anology at the end of chapter 201 where he says humans could only accept the transcendent will. In chapter 203 where he explains extra dimensions and the exit revenant plan. Not to mention the Nova forms and maria lancelot clones coincidentally can transcend dimensions. I think Lim-Dal Young released this info because he plans to relate them together. I agree that there's alot still left unanswered since the intentions of the new human like nova (booby novas, thats right i went there) in the new dimension havent been made clear.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are one in the same. My theory is more that the transcendent will is what drives the Nova to destroy humanity. We don't know too much about why that is yet besides that it wants humanity to evolve, but I guess we'll have to see who or what exactly the transcendent will is before we can call the Nova themselves the transcendent will.
RedDogSlaySep 7, 2016 6:22 PM
Sep 8, 2016 4:42 AM
Sep 2016
It could be plausible that the transcendent will, nova forms, and humanity( regardless of which dimension they are from) are all seperate parties. Personally I believed that the nova could have been humans from other dimensions who took in soul energy and transformed into giants ( because they went over 17 million xeno- dragonball z reference anyone) just like the two chevailier pandora that resonated with amelia and became giant novas themselves. Im sorry for laying so many theories in chat since I havent really had anyone to talk to about it, which is rough since this is my favorite manga (anime not so much). If I compare this to other mangas Lim-Dal Young wrote like "phantom king" where he tries to explain why things are the way they are in the world. For example the phantom king that represented humans and the beast king that represented all animal life. As well as "The Legend of Maian" which has The three goddesses, one of whom created magic which is widely used in the world of Legend of Maian. Where Im going with this is that I dont think that the nova are destroying dimensions, but I think that just like how stars in reality have a life span and eventually die so do universes in Freezing which leads me to believe that the trascendent will and/or nova are tools or part of some cosmic order to "lead humanity to salvation" when the dimension they are in is near its life span's end. Another good example would be pokemon where Dialga is a pokemon that controls the flow of time, Pailkia controls the expansion of space, Giratina controls the reverse world ( the only alternate dimension that exist in pokemon), and Arceus which is an omnipotent pokemon.
Sep 8, 2016 4:42 PM

Jun 2013
Spartan07011 said:
It could be plausible that the transcendent will, nova forms, and humanity( regardless of which dimension they are from) are all seperate parties. Personally I believed that the nova could have been humans from other dimensions who took in soul energy and transformed into giants ( because they went over 17 million xeno- dragonball z reference anyone) just like the two chevailier pandora that resonated with amelia and became giant novas themselves. Im sorry for laying so many theories in chat since I havent really had anyone to talk to about it, which is rough since this is my favorite manga (anime not so much). If I compare this to other mangas Lim-Dal Young wrote like "phantom king" where he tries to explain why things are the way they are in the world. For example the phantom king that represented humans and the beast king that represented all animal life. As well as "The Legend of Maian" which has The three goddesses, one of whom created magic which is widely used in the world of Legend of Maian. Where Im going with this is that I dont think that the nova are destroying dimensions, but I think that just like how stars in reality have a life span and eventually die so do universes in Freezing which leads me to believe that the trascendent will and/or nova are tools or part of some cosmic order to "lead humanity to salvation" when the dimension they are in is near its life span's end. Another good example would be pokemon where Dialga is a pokemon that controls the flow of time, Pailkia controls the expansion of space, Giratina controls the reverse world ( the only alternate dimension that exist in pokemon), and Arceus which is an omnipotent pokemon.

It's fine. I don't really have anyone else to talk to about Freezing either. Mainly because I'm one of the first people to read it, especially on MAL :P

Yeah, I actually think that the transcendent will, nova, and humanity are separate parties. The nova might be a failed transcendent, or what happens when you fully transcend, or something of the sort, but I don't want to make any guesses when we're about to find out the truth soon enough anyways.

I actually haven't read any of his other work. Mainly because I have a large backlog of stuff I need to finish reading, but I'll start them all one day.

I don't think that their dimension is near the end of its life span, but I feel like it might be something similar. What exactly that is, I don't know yet.

Lol, I don't think the Pokemon example is really what's going on, but I get the point you're trying to make.
Sep 9, 2016 4:14 AM
Sep 2016
You have a point I always assumed that the Nova forms up to this point were the end result of the "evolution". I think its funny how maria in kazuya's dimension is similar to an emotionless doll (Chapter 115)
while Maria Eruka Nova is treated as Holy Mother, God, and High Priestess. I have a feeling that Kazuya and Maria Nova are gonna meet since kazuya will make his presence know when he uses his freezing to save reverse satelizer (extra dimensional satelizer's new name lol).
Sep 9, 2016 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
Lol, nice name :P

Yeah, I can't remember the reason exactly, but Maria is like that because of how much power she used before the manga started when she was fighting the Nova or something. Also, Maria is treated as the Mother of all Pandoras, so she's still treated pretty highly in our own dimension.

Although, Maria was supposed to be from the other dimension I believed, but maybe she really was from our dimension? That would make sense that there's two of them now then.

And yeah. It's pretty apparent that Kazuya is going to eventually meet this dimensions' Maria. Exactly what will happen when he does, who knows...
Sep 9, 2016 5:24 PM
Sep 2016
You could be right since there are alternate versions of Noelle, Satelizer, Gengo (Dark Gengo- This version seems like a real asshole so Kazuya cant complain much), Arnett and others. But I have a theory ( again sorry I have new theory every time I see this manga). Since Nova forms have different types ( Type R, Type S, Type F, and so on) and its been confirmed that multiple novas of the same type can appear in the same place (10 the nova clash), I would assume that Maria is the Type that is used as a "Messenger" and the other nova are "Aggressors". Since what I see in the alternate dimension is that since it looks a medival type society that focuses on rituals and beliefs, Maria Eruka Nova used religion in this society to propagate seion (Nova tissue) while Maria Lancelot met Gengo and through science she helped spread nova tissue through the pandora system. They Both are identical and it seems that both Marias have the same mission for humanity.
Sep 10, 2016 1:12 PM

Jun 2013
Maybe, but I don't really think that Maria is a nova, although there is evidence to support that she is indeed special. We also still don't know anything about the Maria in this dimension, so I wouldn't make any theories on that yet, but the Maria in our dimension showed Gengo everything about the Novas/stigmata (although since he was human he couldn't understand all of it), so it was more of her telling Gengo so that he could try and save humanity from the Nova.
Sep 20, 2016 1:13 PM
Sep 2016
I think if Kazuya shows his true potential that everyone in the reverse dimension would start praising him as some sort of prophet like Maria Eruka Nova. Based on what reverse Gengo said " Show them your True Power) I still Think she is a nova like Maria Lancelot. Dont foget the fact that Ryuuichi was born from Maria Lancelot which means even though she was a Nova form she had human like organs that could develop fetuses.
Sep 24, 2016 9:28 PM

May 2015
Well that was a sharp turn in the middle...

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny the irony that this universe's Louise is far more likable than the other one?
Oct 14, 2016 10:27 AM
Oct 2011
Roy_Focker said:
Well that was a sharp turn in the middle...

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny the irony that this universe's Louise is far more likable than the other one?
I also appreciate the irony, and it seems like this universe' Gengo lack the redeeming characteristics of ours.
Oct 14, 2016 10:39 AM

May 2015
@animalia

Yeah, in this new universe Gengo is a scumbag with no sign of being a god person... I hope Mangaka-san don’t bring the redemption card like he did with many others despicable characters in the real Freezing universe...
Feb 2, 2018 4:13 PM

Aug 2014
the shit gone real!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

More topics from this board

» Chances of the manga being continued?

KhGojo - Oct 6, 2023

3 by removed-user »»
Jan 7, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Freezing Chapter 96 Discussion

Cirris - May 13, 2012

21 by Heavenknight »»
Aug 11, 2023 1:33 PM

» whats the update of the story is it even close to ending?

deg - May 4, 2020

7 by Sene0 »»
Jan 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Freezing Chapter 50 Discussion

KaminaKai - Sep 10, 2010

34 by RdArchfiend »»
Jan 13, 2023 4:17 PM

» Any updates?

ModusOperandi - Nov 10, 2022

1 by KryoticSyn »»
Dec 15, 2022 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.