Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2016 7:15 PM

Feb 2011
It's been awhile since I've watched Fate/Zero, but a few days ago a friend of mine finished it for the first time and we had a little discussion about it. At that time I've realized that I wanted to ask MAL community about something.

So...
We have Saber, cross-dresser with quite boring personality and personal issues.

We have Toosaka, bossy, stubborn and arrogant schoolgirl.

We have Sakura and apparently she is almost as bad as her namesake from Naruto.

We also have some other characters which are not needed to mention.
And here we have Irisviel

Even though she is an artificial being, she can give the feel of coziness and warmth like no other. She is also was created perfect — you obviously can't find any character which beats her in terms of beauty and this is also highlighted by her classy clothes. You can't say something like this about the others, now can you? Irisviel's story as well is the only dramatic one out there, just compare it to those I needed to abandon my womanhood (。•́︿•̀。) / My father was killed and I live separated from my sister ●︿● / I was raised away from my family by some pervy ojii-san T_T

How comes that other girls from the series are more popular and far more liked?
ShizunaAug 29, 2016 8:32 PM
Aug 29, 2016 7:17 PM

May 2015
You could have just posted this in the Fate/Zero section...

OT: Because Irisviel doesn't get her own route...
Aug 29, 2016 7:23 PM

Sep 2012
I approve this topic and give my seal of good bait.

Tarotist said:
You could have just posted this in the Fate/Zero section...

Then every fate fans will kill him.You know the fandom of fate...
Aug 29, 2016 7:48 PM

Feb 2011
Actually it seemed to me that those sections are not very alive compared to this one
Tarotist said:
Because Irisviel doesn't get her own route...

She doesn't need her own route, she clearly needs her own visual novel or, at least, two seasons (or more) of anime series made by ufotable.
Aug 29, 2016 8:17 PM

Jun 2015
Fate/loli is obviously her route. And her route is the longest.

OP is stupid.
Aug 29, 2016 11:12 PM

Feb 2011
No, I'm very smart and it's easy to prove since I prefer Iri over other girls.
Sep 4, 2016 7:47 AM

May 2012
To tell the truth, I don't like the main fate girls, not even Irisviel. Saber has a flat character, Rin is an arrogant bitch (mostly), and Sakura has no personality at all (most probably because bugs have eaten her brain), which is one of the many-many reasons I hated the original Fate/stay night, and my opinion about the series' women changed only a little bit after Fate/Zero. It's not that hard to outshine the original's cast, but even Iri just barely does it. Yes, she's kind and caring, but her main role is to tell everyone what a good person Kiritsugu is, and that his dreams are her dreams. Then die to form the Grail, because that's her role in the story after all.

On the other hand, if what was shown in ep 24 (when Kiritsugu choked her) is her true desire, not just something made up by the Grail, then she only really cared about her family all along, even if it meant everybody else must die for their happiness. Which would mean that, at the end she has betrayed Kiritsugu's ideals. If this is true, her honestness and selflessness are quite questionable, but at least she's a bit more complicated and more interesting character than the other girls.

I wouldn't say that she isn't likeable at all, just that generally all Fate girls should have had more character development throughout the series, which the males more-or-less had.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2022 11:37 AM

Feb 2011
That was a rather mean bait, but I still like Iri more than the other Fate girls. The only one who comes close is Tomoe from FGO.
Apr 25, 2022 5:25 PM
Jul 2020
I think of Iri as Fate's best girl myself.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.