Forum Settings
Forums

What kind of manga/anime character do You ike the most?

New
Aug 23, 2016 8:43 AM
Mar 2014
Hi guys! I hava a question for you. I didn't want to write this in topic title because of its length, let me explain what i mean first.
The full question should be "What kind of character do You like the most in terms of what is the source of his power?"

In manga/anime there are many ways of getting power:
a) u can be born with it
b) u can train to have it
c) u can find some item, weapon that will give u power
d) possession, borrowing from a deamon etc.

I finished watching "Ushio to Tora" couple of days ago. The main character was a boy Ushio and a deamon Tora. Ushio freed Tora from 500 years of imprisonment and they were fighting as a duo ever since. Ushio didn't have any special power ( born with or acquired by training ) except of a beast spear which allowed him to transform.

I was pissed off because i thought that he will become stronger but he was a bitch till the end of the series. Whenever he lost his spear he was helpless. From the beginning he had access to full power of the spear there was no surprise, no new attack and shit.

I think that it's the best when main character powers are his natural gifts or acquired by hard training. All other ways of getting powers are irritating until there is training to strenghten it or gain some controll over it.( possession and items) It's hard to find good manga/anime these days where we can see MC getting stronger step by step like Naruto, One Piece etc.

What do You think about it guys?

IchLiebeAnimeAug 23, 2016 8:48 AM
Aug 23, 2016 8:59 AM
Apr 2015
For me, I like Medaka Box's Minus'. Their personality is so negative that a supernatural ability surfaced for them to use.
Aug 23, 2016 9:09 AM
Mar 2014
I haven't seen Medaka box yet. I will consider watching it in a near future.

Aug 28, 2016 5:22 PM
Aug 2016
I agree with having the main character gain new abilities and such through out the series. It makes it more interesting as you never know what they will do next and the audience can feel as if they grow alongside the character.
Sep 2, 2016 5:28 AM
May 2011
recently i really like powerful/competent heroes. like the ones in reincarnation/time travel series like tsukoyute new saga/tales of demons and gods etc etc
Oct 16, 2016 12:07 PM

Nov 2014
Something like Stand in JJBA or Nen from HxH for me..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Oct 16, 2016 12:13 PM

Jun 2016
I like when they gain their abilities, like Gon and Killua learning nen in HxH. It's interesting to see it as a platform for their character growth. It's a lot more enjoyable for me to watch main characters go through trials and tribulations and come out triumphant on top than to see them be overpowered right away and win.

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

More topics from this board

Poll: » why do some people hate manhwa/ua so much???

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

13 by foxsurprise »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

393 by CCC47 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Cid Kagenou vs Lloyd Shaloum

GuyFreakz - Yesterday

0 by GuyFreakz »»
Yesterday, 6:36 PM

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

14 by Touka »»
Yesterday, 4:33 PM

» How do you read your Manwha/Manhua ?

TheDefCrypt - May 8

2 by JaniSIr »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.