Forum Settings
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2016 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the MC is a goblin slayer and he encounters a strange girl in the beginning.

I read the manga version of this before but from the looks of it, expecting more violence in the LN/WN version. Oh and that narrative in the prologue had peculiar dialogues about Gods..
Oct 12, 2016 2:49 PM
Oct 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the MC is a goblin slayer and he encounters a strange girl in the beginning.

I read the manga version of this before but from the looks of it, expecting more violence in the LN/WN version. Oh and that narrative in the prologue had peculiar dialogues about Gods..

No dude the priestess is the MC
Dec 30, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2011
I got absorbed into it pretty quickly. What got me reading this was I had heard from a friend that there was rape, but it was only arbitrarily mentioned and never described throughout the story and that was it :\ what a bummer! I WAS EXPECTING MORE RAPE WTF!!!!

The quick briefing on the Gods is what truly peaked my interest the most. Once having waged war amongst each other but now chilling together playing a "TTRPG" and gaining enjoyment and satisfaction watching their adventurers succeed.

It makes sense when the book describes Goblin Slayer as someone who would not let the Gods roll the dice. Goblin Slayer is a meticulous adventurer who uses his massive knowledge of Goblins to ensure that they won't get a "lucky" roll and somehow kill him.

The Point of View often shifts from the many recurring characters to even Goblins themselves while the story continues to progress. It's interesting to note that the characters are only described by their race and class and actions, so their names are simplistic

My favorite moments in the story were when Goblin Slayer would give exposition on himself and when he had walked into the Adventurer's Guild asking for help against a Goblin Lord (Which he had apparently done the same thing when he was a child too!).

Aside from the annoyance that this will probably end up in a silly joke of a harem of sorts , I'm curious to see how the Gods will impact the story (besides rolling the dice LOL) and how "Lucky" the adventurers will be. It also gives a sort of inspiration and curiousity to try out TTRPGs and participate in a small fantasy-esque world

Thank the gods for High Elf "Flat Chest" Ranger and Loli "Index" Priestess !!!
KomomoDec 30, 2016 10:26 AM
Jan 18, 2017 2:27 AM

Jun 2008
Volume 1 was pretty nice.

The one think I wonder about, is if the MC will have some character growth or go at it very slowly, like Guts from Berserk hasn't changed much....
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Mar 19, 2017 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
Just bought and finished reading this Volume, It was cool but I'm guessing the next volume is going to focus more on the characters than the world since the unknown hero slew the demon king.

Part of me internally raged when Cowgirl decided to stay in the village instead of taking heed to goblin slayer's warning but I guess that was enough for him to ask the guild for help.

Next volume is coming April 18th!
removed-userMar 19, 2017 2:52 PM
May 29, 2017 3:36 PM

Sep 2014
Quite like it myself. It's awesome to read an MC that's gonna kill every mutha effin Goblin.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jul 19, 2017 11:35 PM

Oct 2016
Lol he appears badass in the manga but in the LN he's more cute than anything. I suppose even "dense protagonist" tropes come in all different shapes and sizes eh?
Jul 24, 2017 10:05 AM

Apr 2011
I like how the characters names are their classes or something that represents them like "Cow Girl" xDDD
Feb 28, 2018 5:39 PM

Aug 2016
It's kinda so bad it's good. Casual TTRPG story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2018 10:34 AM
Aug 2014
Komomo said:
I got absorbed into it pretty quickly. What got me reading this was I had heard from a friend that there was rape, but it was only arbitrarily mentioned and never described throughout the story and that was it :\ what a bummer! I WAS EXPECTING MORE RAPE WTF!!!!

The quick briefing on the Gods is what truly peaked my interest the most. Once having waged war amongst each other but now chilling together playing a "TTRPG" and gaining enjoyment and satisfaction watching their adventurers succeed.

It makes sense when the book describes Goblin Slayer as someone who would not let the Gods roll the dice. Goblin Slayer is a meticulous adventurer who uses his massive knowledge of Goblins to ensure that they won't get a "lucky" roll and somehow kill him.

The Point of View often shifts from the many recurring characters to even Goblins themselves while the story continues to progress. It's interesting to note that the characters are only described by their race and class and actions, so their names are simplistic

My favorite moments in the story were when Goblin Slayer would give exposition on himself and when he had walked into the Adventurer's Guild asking for help against a Goblin Lord (Which he had apparently done the same thing when he was a child too!).

Aside from the annoyance that this will probably end up in a silly joke of a harem of sorts , I'm curious to see how the Gods will impact the story (besides rolling the dice LOL) and how "Lucky" the adventurers will be. It also gives a sort of inspiration and curiousity to try out TTRPGs and participate in a small fantasy-esque world

Thank the gods for High Elf "Flat Chest" Ranger and Loli "Index" Priestess !!!

Wtf man rape days the only thing I don't like about This fucking tape out of the bat I 1 manga c'mon dude it's fycking disgusting raped irl or in fakes is always fucking shit

Just my opinion I like the manga but please no more rape scenes
Mar 10, 2018 9:40 PM
Jul 2017
I read the first volume even though I’m caught up in the manga, it was still a enjoyable experience. What draws me in is goblin slayers intractions with the other characters. You can see even in the first volume that he is slowly developing. I’m extremely glad it’s getting a anime adaptation, and it’s being done by white fox same studio that gave us re zero, stien gate, and akame ga kill
Jan 15, 2:34 PM

Feb 2012
It's a shame I saw the anime before I read the novel because the story really falls apart if you don't have the shock value you only get on your first encounter with the story. The fundamental problem is that the story operates on fridge logic that doesn't withstand any critical analysis. The story forces you to accept that it is perfectly reasonable that the world at large believes goblins are extremely weak creatures while also believing goblins are extremely dangerous to the point only strong adventurers can handle them. Both can't be true at the same time. The way goblins are depicted in the story, they would be treated like Skaven in Warhammer Fantasy and there would be institutions and processes dedicated to exterminating them beyond a single dude on his own. What kingdom would tolerate a roaming band of bandits who go around raping women let along monsters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you include Interludes in chapter count?

KaijuSloth - May 16, 2022

1 by FreshSalmon827 »»
Feb 23, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Chapter 2 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jan 17

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Jan 17, 5:07 PM

» Journey to dwarven lands?

Necrius - Nov 11, 2023

1 by Moppit »»
Nov 11, 2023 5:41 PM

» any romance?

goldfishluke - Sep 1, 2021

2 by goldfishluke »»
Nov 10, 2021 11:34 AM

» From where should I start reading?

StallionXD - Dec 9, 2019

4 by Fudokko »»
Dec 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.