Jul 12, 2016 3:28 AM

Dec 2014
What I love in anime:

- Battle Shounens
-Action
- Supernatural.
- Magic.
-Romantic Dramas e.g: Clannad.
-Tear Jerkers e.g: Air, Clannad, Ef: A Tale Of Memories.
-Mystery/Psychological e.g: Bungou Stray Dogs/Mirai Nikki.
-Newer Art Styles. E.g: Phantom World.
- Anime from 2011+

What I hate in anime:

-Experimental anime eg: Ajin.
- Heavy Ecchi I don't mind light fan service, but for not ridiculous amount of fan service
-Hentai.
-A lot of gore eg: Higurashi.
-Samurai & Historical Anime Eg: Ones about Nobunaga.
-Ninjas eg: Naruto.
-Guns (unless magic and supernatural is involved. I hate when it is an anime just with guns) Eg: Jormugand and Black Lagoon.
-Weak cry baby MC's e.g: MC from Boku Hero Academia.
-Slow Pacing.
-Anime that take ages to get into the action.
-Mecha.
-Slice of life (it gets boring)

So yeah recommend me anime on the above.

Please check my list before recommending anything.

Thanks in advance.
Jul 12, 2016 4:21 AM

Feb 2013
hunter x hunter 2011 (because best shounen out there. it is darker and first few ep looks childish, but it isnt and both mcs are fine. 1 of them is even awesome... killua who gets introduced around ep 4... superpower system gets introduced a bit later ... around ep 25 I think
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 12, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2016
When it comes to mystery I'd recommend ghost hound, it's quite underrated but really good in my opinion.
Jul 12, 2016 5:17 AM

Dec 2014
Smooki said:
hunter x hunter 2011 (because best shounen out there. it is darker and first few ep looks childish, but it isnt and both mcs are fine. 1 of them is even awesome... killua who gets introduced around ep 4... superpower system gets introduced a bit later ... around ep 25 I think

I tried it before and I didn't like it.
Jul 12, 2016 5:19 AM

Dec 2014
cartoonartist said:
When it comes to mystery I'd recommend ghost hound, it's quite underrated but really good in my opinion.

Tried before and I didn't like it was very confusing.

Anymore recommendations please
Jul 12, 2016 5:23 AM

Feb 2013
zoeanime13 said:

I tried it before and I didn't like it.

how far, if just 3 eps or something than of course... if you dont even know killua and hisoka then the anime is not really good.. I mean no one likes the first 3 eps from hxh 2011

adding
shigatsu as tearjerker...
opening

mystery psychologcial + thriller
psycho pass
opening
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 12, 2016 5:51 AM

Jun 2014
Eeeeeh why did you give the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya only a 6 while giving a relatively shitty anime like Mirai Nikki a 9? And little respect for older masterpieces I see.
And furthermore, the whole point of Log Horizon is that it's about strategizing instead of being an ADHD'er wish fullfillment clone #700.
Why can't I hold all this anger REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In my opinion are 90% of battleshounen the absolute lowest of low trash so I won't be able to help you out with recommendations.
PernodiJul 12, 2016 5:57 AM

Jul 12, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
Omoshiroineko said:
Eeeeeh why did you give the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya only a 6 while giving a relatively shitty anime like Mirai Nikki a 9? And little respect for older masterpieces I see.
And furthermore, the whole point of Log Horizon is that it's about strategizing instead of being an ADHD'er wish fullfillment clone #700.

In my opinion are 90% of battleshounen the absolute lowest of low trash so I won't be able to help you out with recommendations.

So you came here why? To get upset cos I don't have the same taste as you guess what dude I will enjoy what I want to enjoy and I don't get upset when people don't like what I like so why do you care. Jheeze dude nothing is wrong with battle shounens and a lot of them are really good so if you have come here just to get your anger out that is ridiculous cos everyone has different taste so next time how about not putting your anger on my post okay cos you wasn't even able to bring any decent recommendations or even any at all.
Jul 12, 2016 6:34 AM

Dec 2014
Recommendations please and no angry people cos I don't like the same anime as them. Thanks.
Jul 12, 2016 6:51 AM

Jun 2014
zoeanime13 said:
Omoshiroineko said:

So you came here why? To get upset cos I don't have the same taste as you guess what dude I will enjoy what I want to enjoy and I don't get upset when people don't like what I like so why do you care. Jheeze dude nothing is wrong with battle shounens and a lot of them are really good so if you have come here just to get your anger out that is ridiculous cos everyone has different taste so next time how about not putting your anger on my post okay cos you wasn't even able to bring any decent recommendations or even any at all.

I was expecting to be able to give some recommendations but it's quite a fact that battle shounen are mostly written by people who are forced by their company to keep drawing the manga for more profit even though they may have wanted to end it long ago. This dramatically decreases the overall quality. Also with the current trend of adapting Light Novels like Sword Art Online and Asterisk, we see a lot of below-average stories since these stories were often written by people with no prior experience and just for fun, not for a professional anime adaptation.

I'll give you some anime I appreciate then, since this is a recommendation thread:
-NHK Ni Youkoso: shut-in NEET trying to come to terms with society
-Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin: Life in a corrupt correctional institution
-Kaze Tachinu: Studio Ghibli, about a plane designer in 1920-1940 Japan
-Akira: Post-Apocalyptic biker gang
-Mononoke: medicine man solving ghost-problems
-Mushishi: Medicine man travelling and solving ghost-problems
-Redline: Greatest race in the galaxy
-The Tatami Galaxy: Coming to terms with the fact that life doesn't always go the way you want and that you just have to be grateful for what you have.
-Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou: boys getting themselves into hilarious situations.
-Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo: Otaku gets transported to a fantasy world he has to save from the demon king after he dies. He teams up with the most retarded characters ever which causes them to never progress.

Most of these are pre-2005 and the only one that really fits your ideal anime description would be Kono Subarashii Sekai Ni Shukufuku Wo. Despite it's clichéd setting, it's surprisingly enjoyable.

Happy now?

Jul 12, 2016 8:46 AM

Dec 2014
BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

Anymore recs please.
Jul 12, 2016 8:48 AM

Jun 2014
zoeanime13 said:
BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

Anymore recs please.

Or you can look for an anime that suits your tastes by yourself like regular people do.

Jul 12, 2016 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Omoshiroineko said:
zoeanime13 said:
BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

Anymore recs please.

Or you can look for an anime that suits your tastes by yourself like regular people do.

Then this section of the forums would be pointless
Jul 12, 2016 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
zoeanime13 said:
Omoshiroineko said:

True, I think the recommendations in this thread should be able to sustain your anime watching for a month or so though.

Jul 12, 2016 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
Omoshiroineko said:
zoeanime13 said:

True, I think the recommendations in this thread should be able to sustain your anime watching for a month or so though.

None of them interest me though.
Jul 12, 2016 1:06 PM

Jul 2016
Try:
Tokyo ghoul (the first season he is a wimp but the second season he is badass)
Katanagatari
Angel beats (has guns but is a mega tear jerker with romance)
Your lie in april
Star driver: kagayaki no takuto
Seiken tsukai no world break
Pain hurts. Who Knew?

Jul 12, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2014
zoeanime13 said:

What I hate in anime:

- Heavy Ecchi I don't mind light fan service, but for not ridiculous amount of fan service
-Hentai.
-Guns (unless magic and supernatural is involved. I hate when it is an anime just with guns) Eg: Jormugand and Black Lagoon.
-Slow Pacing.
-Mecha.

Your ratings and parameters don't align

"Don't like a lot of Gore" - rates Another 9/10
the last scene was pretty much everybody killing everyone, it almost looked like rag doll simulator 2016 :/
Jul 12, 2016 2:01 PM

Mar 2016
Because each person has their own specific tastes, finding the perfect anime for an individual is quite difficult. However here are some suggestions that you might like:

Fairy Tail PG-13
-Action/Comedy/Magic
-Many Episodes(S1=175, S2=102)
-Filler episodes actually have a purpose

Steins; Gate PG-13
-Mystery/Romance/Sci-Fi
-Time machine anime

Parasyte R-
-Psychological/Thriller/Horror/Aliens
-Kinda gory but there's a censored version
-I liked the BGM

Psycho-Pass R-
-Psychological/Action/Dystopia
-Makes you question the human conscience
Current Goal:
Aiming for a year's worth of anime under my belt
190/365 Days of Anime
Jul 12, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2014
TheOpaku said:
Because each person has their own specific tastes, finding the perfect anime for an individual is quite difficult. However here are some suggestions that you might like:

Fairy Tail PG-13
-Action/Comedy/Magic

Steins; Gate PG-13
-Mystery/Romance/Sci-Fi
-Time machine anime

Parasyte R-
-I liked the BGM

Psycho-Pass R-

Seen Parasyte and steins gate already I dint really like them. I will eventually probably watch fairy tail, but currently I am looking for shorter anime and maybe I will give psycho pass ago although I dunno trailer don't look that good tbh.
Jul 12, 2016 2:08 PM

Dec 2014
Dace-Morden said:
zoeanime13 said:

What I hate in anime:

-Hentai.
-Slow Pacing.
-Mecha.

the last scene was pretty much everybody killing everyone, it almost looked like rag doll simulator 2016 :/

Another wasn't even scary though did you find it scary? Hell girl and Higurashi where a lot worse than another in my opinion
Jul 12, 2016 2:12 PM

Dec 2014
ENDOUMAMORU99 said:
Try:
Katanagatari
Your lie in april

Seen world break and angel beats already loved angel beats didn't like world break. Watched Tokyo ghoul ended up dropping it after episode 5 hate the MC. Might give your lie in April a try although is there a lot of slice of life or more drama? Katanagatari and Star Driver are not what I am looking for, but thanks for the recommendations anyway
Jul 12, 2016 2:18 PM

Mar 2016
zoeanime13 said:
ENDOUMAMORU99 said:
Try:
Katanagatari
Your lie in april

Seen world break and angel beats already loved angel beats didn't like world break. Watched Tokyo ghoul ended up dropping it after episode 5 hate the MC. Might give your lie in April a try although is there a lot of slice of life or more drama? Katanagatari and Star Driver are not what I am looking for, but thanks for the recommendations anyway

TG MC becomes less annoying in S2 though.
Current Goal:
190/365 Days of Anime
Jul 12, 2016 2:27 PM

Mar 2016
zoeanime13 said:
TheOpaku said:

Fairy Tail PG-13
-Action/Comedy/Magic

Steins; Gate PG-13
-Mystery/Romance/Sci-Fi
-Time machine anime

Parasyte R-
-I liked the BGM

Psycho-Pass R-

Seen Parasyte and steins gate already I dint really like them. I will eventually probably watch fairy tail, but currently I am looking for shorter anime and maybe I will give psycho pass ago although I dunno trailer don't look that good tbh.

Psycho-Pass is more psychological w/ action than action w/ psychological if you get what I mean.
Current Goal:
190/365 Days of Anime
Jul 12, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2014
zoeanime13 said:
Dace-Morden said:

Another wasn't even scary though did you find it scary? Hell girl and Higurashi where a lot worse than another in my opinion

I mean, I guess it depends on perference, Higurashi was awesome to me, it absorbed me all the way through. Scary or not, gore is gore, nowadays I don't associate scary with gore since it has become such a childish thing, just because it has blood it can't be childish right? Nope, that's the irony.
uwuntuosJul 12, 2016 3:02 PM
Jul 12, 2016 9:15 PM

Feb 2015
Log Horizon 2nd Season
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Kill la Kill
Psycho-Pass
Sakamichi no Apollon
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Haikyuu!!
Binbougami ga!
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (TV)

More topics from this board

» Hidden gems on crunchyroll

Ruskimeister - 6 hours ago

3 by luckyrune »»
57 minutes ago

» Chinese anime recommendation

NaTsu879 - Today

5 by Khashishi »»
1 hour ago

» Pure Adventure Anime Like Laputa: Castle In The Sky?

Enderobot - 4 hours ago

5 by Ohayotaku »»
2 hours ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - May 3

15 by Shion_Rosenheim »»
5 hours ago

» Manga bully school life girlfriends

Mai_T - May 13

1 by Snakering »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.