Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 4, 2016 5:30 AM

Nov 2015
Holes in a plot means that the writer(s) didn't fully think about all of the scenarios in which and event can happen. It just shows a lack of 'completeness' so it keeps it from being perfect. I only really care though when it's jarring or the hole is just too big that it compromises the show. If I'm sitting there saying 'WHY DON'T THEY JUST DO THIS!!! WTF!' I can't consider it a good show lol. If the plot hole isn't as obvious or doesn't matter as much I tend to just disregard it a little bit and just keep it moving.
Jul 4, 2016 5:32 AM

Aug 2014
Plot Holes belong in the Story section, many try-hard douchebags think that critical rating is only script+characters.
So no plot holes doesn't mean the anime is bad.

As for me, in the story section i dont care much for the plot holes, it is for sure a thing to be taken into consideration when you're evaluating the story, as for enjoyment, sometimes plot holes will prevent you from enjoying something so it can have a bad effect and lower your rating, sometimes plot holes result in an awesome plot twist or asspull as some may call it and it can boost your enjoyment, so plot holes isn't always a bad thing.
However it shouldn't be the only thing to look for when evaluating the story.

I care more for interesting ideas, for rich content of the story, themes, and interesting twists or emotional events. The story has more to look for other than "plot-holes" which interestingly people will notice whenever the show goes popular.

So again plot holes doesn't mean its a bad anime, it means the story isn't perfect, which is the case of 99.9% of all stories.
Jul 4, 2016 6:48 AM

Nov 2015
Lap1 said:
Gesu- said:

The whole show is a plothole.
5-6 plotholes instantly pop into my mind every time I think of SAO.

So... 5-6 you can write down?

1. Episode 14, Kirito and asuna die, but they don't
2. Episode 10, kirito drank paralyzing potion, but he overcame it by sheer willpower
3. Episode 3-4-is (idr) that guild leader was just about to die but kirito handed him a potion. He used whatever time he had left to regurgitate a half assed emotional dialog where he could've used that time to drink the fucking potion
4. Episode 25, Kirito gains administrative powers, how? (he didn't even use it to gtfo instead but that's a story for another day).
5. Kirito and that loli clearly fall into a 700-odd feet deep hole, and survive.

That's not even going through all the plot convenience and the deus ex machina..
Jul 4, 2016 6:53 AM

Mar 2016
Plot holes are bad but i wont say it makes the anime bad.
It kinda depends in the size of that hole, but if its really bad, i may lower the score of the show.

Jul 4, 2016 7:54 AM

Oct 2011
It implies a poorly-written story, but not necessarily a bad anime if it has other merits.
Jul 4, 2016 12:42 PM

Nov 2015
A lot of the time people who find plot holes are just writing fanfiction. It usually nonsensical shit that has nothing to do with the plot. Its like asking "why is this characters hair green??" how does the author explain that!!!! PLOT HOLE!!!!! BAD WRITING!!!!!!!
Jul 4, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
not really there's lots of great anime with plotholes
Jul 4, 2016 12:53 PM

Jun 2016
If its full of them like Mirai Nikki then probably.
Jul 5, 2016 11:31 AM

Jun 2013
Gesu- said:
Lap1 said:

So... 5-6 you can write down?

1. Episode 14, Kirito and asuna die, but they don't
2. Episode 10, kirito drank paralyzing potion, but he overcame it by sheer willpower
3. Episode 3-4-is (idr) that guild leader was just about to die but kirito handed him a potion. He used whatever time he had left to regurgitate a half assed emotional dialog where he could've used that time to drink the fucking potion
4. Episode 25, Kirito gains administrative powers, how? (he didn't even use it to gtfo instead but that's a story for another day).
5. Kirito and that loli clearly fall into a 700-odd feet deep hole, and survive.

That's not even going through all the plot convenience and the deus ex machina..

Plothole are supposed to be something which really doesn't make sense.

1. Simply because the mastermind admired them and that they both did clear the game.
> It isn't inappropriate that he would want to especially talk to those 2 and let them live for winning.

2. So you can somehow fight paralysis? That would be a clue not a plothole, although he only half fought it since he didn't drink enough poison to wholly paralyse him.
Asuna breaking out of it is a better hint.

3. Ep2 i think, yea that moment is bullshit lawl, it's not what happened in the ln but making kirito talk to him was probably their way to give you some informations like why he rushed the boss, that he was also from the beta, that he knows that kirito was also in and the "sorry to have fucked up for some bullshit, plz don't let everything go to waste."

4. Ghost-kun simply give it to him to put back butterfly-kun in his place.

5. Lisbeth? She's not a loli! No one can say for sure that any amount of HP would be terminated after that fall on snow. Alone she would have probably died from that fall though.

What you think are plotholes and dem may not be such obvious ones, and the plot convenience moments i can think of aren't that condemnable.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

21 by PlasticRobot »»
30 seconds ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - 2 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
34 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

7 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 37 minutes ago

9 by nishant0 »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

19 by joseifan »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.