Forum Settings
Forums

Why do people like dark and depressing shows?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 23, 2016 12:39 AM

Dec 2015
Because they're usually more serious and sometimes have a much deeper/interesting plot.
They're fun to watch every 'once' in a while..
Jun 23, 2016 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
ilovewendy16 said:
keragamming said:
@ilovewendy16

After looking at his profile.......I truly believe he is one. Now I feel violated because I told him I thought I was the only one who thought this way. I guess I truly am alone in this.

loooool Maybe you need to explain to @DPP21 why you like those stuff and why watching those stuff doesn't make you a pedo in real life. Good luck with that! Maybe then you will realise the frustration we went through to try and explain our reason for liking violent shows with you guys and that we are still normal human beings and not monster.
a am a pervert in real life, deal wid it boi. (i don't actually do illegal things tho)
seriously though, if i am a pedo for liking underage anime girls, 90% of all anime fans who like anime girls are also pedos. If you didn't notice, its a rare thing to find an anime girl that is, or looks of legal age. of course it depends on you own countries laws like the US (my country) is 18 and most anime girls are or look under 18, so in the us most anime fans are pedos apparently. However, in japan the legal age is like 13 - 14 (16 in some metropolitan areas) so most anime fans in japan are not pedos. Its all perspective bro.
I don't care about the law, if it suddenly becomes legal to have sex with babies it doesn't make it okay, and I'll not talking about girls who debately look legal, I'm talking about lolis, anime girls who are clearly drawn as children and are sexualized.

I'm not doing anything illegal either. If I'm evil for liking AoT and GTA then so is most of the population, you don't honesty think that's true, do you? You don't do anything illegal? Why are you trying to talk about morality and laws as if they're the same thing? The same arguments you making for us being sadistic can be used to call you a pedophile and the same arguments you're using to defend yourself can be used to defend the people you're attacking. Bringing up age of consent as a defense for fapping to cartoon kids makes you come off as desperate and even more perverted.

I don't care if you like lolis, I'm bringing it up because of how obviously hypocritical your arguments are. It's unreasonable to assume that everyone who likes them wants to have sex with real kids. Lolis are drawn to be attractive, so of course a lot of people are going to be into them. Similarly, violent video games are designed to be fun and action scenes in film and animation are designed to be entertaining to watch.
merryfistmasJun 23, 2016 12:17 PM
Jun 23, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
I only want to watch that kind of shows because I love the atmosphere, I love dark and creepy things, and that doesn't mean it's depressing, at least not for me. Psychological and dark plots make me enjoy a show, it's something unusual and different. I get bored if I watch things like slice of life, comedy or harem, I find them stupid and childish. Everyone has their own tastes.
23 ♀ | ES/ENG

Jun 23, 2016 12:23 PM

Oct 2013
@merryfistmas I was just about to reply the exact same thing to that user, but you've already done that for me. :)
Jun 23, 2016 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
Attack on Titan I would have never considered neither dark nor depressing XD. Surprised someone does.
For me, I tend to dark things because they're mature. I don't particularly enjoy watching people getting stabbed, but the reactions afterwards make me feel emotions. They might not be happy emotions exactly, but they're still emotions. I suppose I enjoy having my heart pulled in different directions.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jun 23, 2016 10:00 PM

Apr 2016
It feels like I can just get past my stress IRL if a series makes me cry... I'm always so happy after a "crying session"... I sound like a creep. Kill me...

#sokawaiixd
Jun 23, 2016 10:46 PM

Mar 2015
Because watching dark anime sounds cool as if you were a villain of the show. In this world, its not 100% pure good.
Jun 24, 2016 2:08 AM

Jul 2012
Because they force you to face your problems and not run away from them

Unfortunately many "dark" anime become edgelord material because the anime loses focus and just arbitrarily kills off characters for no reason.
Jun 24, 2016 3:25 AM

Dec 2014
We can avoid depression by watching it
Jul 2, 2016 8:03 AM

Feb 2016
I do because they often attend topics which are more serious.
Jul 2, 2016 8:09 AM

Jun 2016
because life is dark and depressing.
Scream!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 6 hours ago

28 by Shirayukin »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 6 hours ago

8 by Vendicator »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

236 by StyxParadise »»
7 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

6 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 4 hours ago

20 by tchitchouan »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.