Forum Settings
Forums

Anime where poor male MC has amazing powers/abilities

New
May 20, 2016 7:48 PM

Apr 2016
I was wondering if anyone knew any anime where the MC is male and is stuck in poverty, either from birth, or other situations out of his control (by that I mean that he didn't make himself poor by overspending or anything).

What I was looking for is a show where the MC has some ability or superpower that surprises everyone, to the point where he either becomes famous, is put into some top class military or special academy, and/or is put straight into the military or some special force.

Check my animelist to make sure I haven't seen anything you are about to suggest, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anything along these lines yet.

Thanks for the help!
May 20, 2016 10:08 PM

Apr 2016
Well...you're very specific, the only thing I can think of that is even remotely similar is Assassination Classroom, the MC Nagisa is pretty special and while not really poor, he does have a sad home life. Don't know if it'll help or not but give it a shot!
May 20, 2016 11:13 PM

May 2016
zetman
Sidonia no Kishi
break blade
May 20, 2016 11:47 PM

Mar 2009
Replace "male" with "female", and Tokyo ESP fits your description.
May 20, 2016 11:53 PM

Apr 2016
Thank you for all your suggestions! I know it was really specific but I just wanted to know if there was anything to watch along those lines.
May 20, 2016 11:54 PM

Apr 2016
Darker than Black sorta fits. The main character's situation never really improves and he's already fairly infamous in the beginning.
May 20, 2016 11:58 PM

Apr 2016
mynamejeff35 said:
I was wondering if anyone knew any anime where the MC is male and is stuck in poverty, either from birth, or other situations out of his control (by that I mean that he didn't make himself poor by overspending or anything).

What I was looking for is a show where the MC has some ability or superpower that surprises everyone, to the point where he either becomes famous, is put into some top class military or special academy, and/or is put straight into the military or some special force.

Check my animelist to make sure I haven't seen anything you are about to suggest, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anything along these lines yet.

Thanks for the help!
Is it ok if its a manhwa?
The Jian, also known as “the bird that shares wings,” only possesses one wing. Unless a male and female pair lean on each other and act as one, they’re incapable of flight. They’re imperfect, incomplete creatures.
May 21, 2016 12:09 AM

Apr 2016
Uhh I would prefer a show, but sure! I'm willing to try new things.
May 21, 2016 2:46 AM
Aug 2013
Bungou stray dogs sounds like what you're looking for
~AnimeDownUnder~

May 21, 2016 3:03 AM

Apr 2016
CantFindAnyName said:
mynamejeff35 said:

Thanks for the help!

Manhwa:
Tower of god
Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
Shield Hero
Tales of demons and gods
Demon spirit seed manual
Panlong
The Jian, also known as “the bird that shares wings,” only possesses one wing. Unless a male and female pair lean on each other and act as one, they’re incapable of flight. They’re imperfect, incomplete creatures.
May 21, 2016 12:04 PM

Oct 2015
Maybe A Certain Magical Index. The main character has alot of bad luck but he is pretty powerful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 12:56 PM

Jun 2014
Girls of the Wild is pretty good, but MC starts weak and get stronger with time.
I didn't learn english at school, please be indulgent and help me.
May 21, 2016 11:29 PM

Jan 2016
This might seem odd, but i haven't seen any anime like that. Was wondering if you can give examples of anime that fit the exact description.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2016 6:52 AM

Sep 2012
CantFindAnyName said:
CantFindAnyName said:

Manhwa:
Tower of god
Shield Hero
Tales of demons and gods
Demon spirit seed manual
Panlong

While the Shield Hero manga is on the ok side I would still recommend you reading the novel tough if you decide on it because it is well slightly more enjoyable and it is even completely translated.

Tales of Demons and Gods also has a novel that has like 300+ chapters translated and the manga here is quite good if you compare it to the novel but still if you like it also read the novel lol.

Legendary Moonlight sculptor is another example where the novel is better here we have like 20 volumes+ translated also quite nice.

But what I really really really have to recommend is to read the Panlong novel. (called Coiling Dragon) It is also completely translated and if you compare the manga with the novel it gives you cancer.

Well and the anime I can recommend you might not be to your liking but still be my guest (they could suit you tough cause they somehow have some characteristics you want lol)

Black Bullet
Post apocalyptic world with guy who is unremarkable at first rising and having some secrets. (money situation is also not the best at first lol) (light novel is officially translated not sure if there is more than 1 volume out)

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Three troublemakers are summoned to another world where you solve everything with contests. They are summoned to piss poor community. MCs op as fuck. (light novel is also nice and anime ends like light novel vol 2 and the novels go at least up to 8 atm.)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
New adventurer who is alone in his guild with only his goddess (they are poor) trains his ass and starts to become strong (kinda super fast paced anime ending is the same as ending of light novel 5)

Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai
Transfer student in magic school. His marks are piss poor but he should not be underestimated (kinda unfulfilling ending in the anime would need at least season 2) (no idea about the light novel status here)

Seikoku no Dragonar
Magic dragon school. Protagonist has special humanoid dragon. At first oddball of school gets pretty powerful tough (kinda fanservice heavy tough if you do not mind ^^) (anime ends with light novel 4 and there is one more that is translated)

Heavy Object
Student working in the military to become robot designer wrecks super robot that is thought to be unwreckable if you do not use other super robots becomes "hero" and is sent all over the place to fight his ass off. (novel is far away from anime at least 5 or 6 volumes)

Hope I could give you some recommendation you like ^^
NoobEliteMay 22, 2016 6:56 AM
May 22, 2016 3:08 PM

Apr 2016
tehcanemc2 said:
This might seem odd, but i haven't seen any anime like that. Was wondering if you can give examples of anime that fit the exact description.
I haven't seen anything like that either. That is basically why I added this topic in the forum, since I was curious if someone had actually seen an anime along these lines.
May 22, 2016 4:16 PM

Apr 2016
NoobElite said:
CantFindAnyName said:

Manhwa:
Tower of god
Shield Hero
Tales of demons and gods
Demon spirit seed manual
Panlong

While the Shield Hero manga is on the ok side I would still recommend you reading the novel tough if you decide on it because it is well slightly more enjoyable and it is even completely translated.

Tales of Demons and Gods also has a novel that has like 300+ chapters translated and the manga here is quite good if you compare it to the novel but still if you like it also read the novel lol.

Legendary Moonlight sculptor is another example where the novel is better here we have like 20 volumes+ translated also quite nice.

But what I really really really have to recommend is to read the Panlong novel. (called Coiling Dragon) It is also completely translated and if you compare the manga with the novel it gives you cancer.

Well and the anime I can recommend you might not be to your liking but still be my guest (they could suit you tough cause they somehow have some characteristics you want lol)

Black Bullet
Post apocalyptic world with guy who is unremarkable at first rising and having some secrets. (money situation is also not the best at first lol) (light novel is officially translated not sure if there is more than 1 volume out)

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Three troublemakers are summoned to another world where you solve everything with contests. They are summoned to piss poor community. MCs op as fuck. (light novel is also nice and anime ends like light novel vol 2 and the novels go at least up to 8 atm.)

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
New adventurer who is alone in his guild with only his goddess (they are poor) trains his ass and starts to become strong (kinda super fast paced anime ending is the same as ending of light novel 5)

Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai
Transfer student in magic school. His marks are piss poor but he should not be underestimated (kinda unfulfilling ending in the anime would need at least season 2) (no idea about the light novel status here)

Seikoku no Dragonar
Magic dragon school. Protagonist has special humanoid dragon. At first oddball of school gets pretty powerful tough (kinda fanservice heavy tough if you do not mind ^^) (anime ends with light novel 4 and there is one more that is translated)

Heavy Object
Student working in the military to become robot designer wrecks super robot that is thought to be unwreckable if you do not use other super robots becomes "hero" and is sent all over the place to fight his ass off. (novel is far away from anime at least 5 or 6 volumes)

Hope I could give you some recommendation you like ^^

These are great recommendations. All are interesting and will be added to my list. Thank you so much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undecided help me pick from these anime

UberBat - Oct 2

10 by betaweeb »»
44 minutes ago

» Harem where mc is a Womanizer/ Playboy?

False_Entity - 3 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Help me find this old school anime

kronopy - 5 hours ago

3 by kronopy »»
3 hours ago

» bug related anime

ConsRg__ - Oct 1

16 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Animes like Dandadan

henning12548 - Yesterday

6 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.