Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Satisfaction and Expectation Ranking for Autumn and Winter Anime

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2010 11:23 PM

Dec 2008
radiantfire said:
That comment was geared towards her generalisation, not her. It wasn't in the same league as these comments:
- What, too shy to address me directly?
- ...which is not classy at all coming from a moderator.

You've gotta be kidding. What you said looked really obnoxious coming from a moderator, and me pointing that out is just as much of a comment—on your "full of fail" remark, rather than a personal insult—as your comment (on her "generalization" (which wasn't really a generalization)). And then you sent a passive-aggressive insult my way. Which was pretty interesting, noting that you chose to attack me instead of this kid:

kaena said:
i dotn know what you ppl are complaining about, but
railgun deserves to be 1st
or maybe you americans have fail taste in anime
after all, anime is made by japanese

kaena said:
if you are laughing cuz you think im correct, then im glad someone knows anime
if you are laughing cuz you think im wrong, then you need to review what good anime is

What attitude does he exemplify, would you say?

radiantfire said:
Show me facts. Give me statistics and/or studies that enforce your points.

Yeah, you know, I would, but I don't really have any interest in continuing this conversation with you. This has become tedious, and you're little more than a hypocrite who doesn't even know what he's arguing about.
zenoslimeJan 15, 2010 11:31 PM
Jan 15, 2010 11:44 PM

Dec 2008
YoungVagabond said:
Personally, I don't have a problem with elitism. If there was no elitism, then the only logical conclusion is that "Mars of Destruction" is every bit as great of an anime as "Cowboy Bebop".

I know you and I have clashed, but you're speaking nothing but the truth in that post. And honestly, I feel like the word "elitist" is being thrown around way too much when what it really means here is... critical, knowledgeable, tasteful, etc. Interested in art, and not just the tropes or fetishes that fans find comfortable in popular, marketable anime.
Jan 16, 2010 1:45 AM

Aug 2009
Wow... few things are going on there. Maybe not few.

Start of all is basically this;

Generalising leads to comments full of fail. :O

Meh, then, there is nothing I can do now. Everything is clear that those are the one that started all this 'not so laughable' posts; not tehnominator's personal opinion. Calm down mates. There was so much better words than 'fail'. I mean, that's not even a proper rebuttal. Just because you don't think that's right, it doesn't mean that claim is fail..

*Can't say anything since I haven't since Railgun. Eh.
Jan 16, 2010 4:46 PM
Jun 2008
radiantfire said:
What I was addressing was the fact that you two place your preference above a group of people who do not share the same preference as you two.

It's not a matter of preference. I don't like many anime and I can objectively find merit in them. I don't like Rurouni Kenshin's OAVs which are ranked extremely high on MAL. I can see the quality of these OAVs simply because its weight story, animation and character-wise is certainly higher than that found in other series, for example, the Queen's Blade series, which I love but am quite aware is terrible.

Now what was that you were saying about subjectivity again?

radiantfire said:
It is a conceited attitude - one that certainly has no place here at MAL.

You are basically telling me that you don't think I should sit at your table in the cafeteria. It's too bad you don't own the table nor is there a sign on it that says I cannot sit there just because I think spaghetti is a better lunch than processed creamed corn.

Also, this:

YoungVagabond said:
You're saying that someone else's opinion (that Kimi no Todoke deserves to be number one, or that otaku have taste governed by things outside of pure quality) is "fail".

I don't know; sounds pretty elitist to me.

Personally, I don't have a problem with elitism. If there was no elitism, then the only logical conclusion is that "Mars of Destruction" is every bit as great of an anime as "Cowboy Bebop".

However, since you do have an issue with this, it bears pointing out that you're guilty of the exact same behavior.
Jan 16, 2010 8:55 PM
Aug 2009
Quite surprised to see Railgun at the top since it wasn't great (or even good at times) and it was highly anticipated. I personally can't stand Nyan, and Darker than Black doesn't interest me so I won't comment on it. Sora no Otoshimono was great, so I personally love seeing it ranked so high.

As for the Winter anime... considering a lot of the shows I've seen so far haven't caught my attention, i was interested in seeing what this list would entale. Loving Hidamari at the top though that means it will be ripped at the end (that seemed to be the trend last year at least), and Baka up there is pretty good as well. Interesting list, lets see how it ends up in April.
Feb 5, 2010 6:46 PM

Aug 2008
The otaku industry does not exist to serve people outside of Japan. In fact, I'm willing to bet many who whine and bitch about "moe" anime or w/e and long for the good old days of LOGH or w/e don't even support the anime industry. If you don't support the anime industry financially, then why the hell do YOUR opinions matter? Why the hell should the otaku industry satisfy YOU?

Anyways, good list for satisfaction and expectations, I guess. I wish DTB ranked higher, but second season definitely was not as good as the first season. Yay for Hidamari, though. So far, it's definitely looking pretty good. I applaud Hidamari for being able to be consistent for three seasons (not an easy thing to do), so even if it does not end up being number 1 for the season, it should still rank out the top.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 5, 2010 9:44 PM

Dec 2008
guyklc said:
Why the hell should the otaku industry satisfy YOU?

Nerd rage much?

People who want good anime will buy good anime (at reasonable prices), and probably see this "otaku industry" (or w/e) you speak of as something quite unrelated to their own interests—doesn't mean they can't express their distaste. But hey, your wallet speaks louder than our words, capitalist cliché.
Feb 5, 2010 9:49 PM

Mar 2009
Umineko huh..it was good but I expected something better esp in terms of characters. Battler was a terrible lead char.. Shannon, Jessica, Kanon and George were annoying and forgettable.
Feb 5, 2010 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
antitype said:
guyklc said:
Why the hell should the otaku industry satisfy YOU?

Nerd rage much?

People who want good anime will buy good anime (at reasonable prices), and probably see this "otaku industry" (or w/e) you speak of as something quite unrelated to their own interests—doesn't mean they can't express their distaste. But hey, your wallet speaks louder than our words, capitalist cliché.

It's all dictated by supply and demand. It doesn't matter if capitalism is cliche, but that's how it works (especially in Japan). Rant and rage all you want, but unless the otakus decide to change their habits, it's not going to change anything.

I was a firm supporter of Haruhi franchise until the endless eight garbage. I took action by boycotting all future Haruhi goods. Unfortunately, fanboys still buy Haruhi goods in Japan. It shocks me, but what else can I do?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 9, 2010 8:47 PM
Dec 2008
antitype said:
kaena said:
if you are laughing cuz you think im correct, then im glad someone knows anime
if you are laughing cuz you think im wrong, then you need to review what good anime is

You don't know good anime, going by your favorites and ratings, weeaboo.

Pipe down.

i wouldnt be talking
your tastes fail even more
Feb 9, 2010 10:31 PM

Oct 2009
I think the ratings show a weak season of Anime in Japan, as well as that I'm completely out of touch with what the Japanese enjoy.

I've noticed that Index/Railgun has quite the following and DtB's first season was quite well received and there is a somewhat large fanbase for that studio's work. With a general lack of any competition in their niches it makes sense that they came in so high, though I personally don't agree with it at all.
Feb 9, 2010 10:57 PM

Dec 2008
kaena said:
i wouldnt be talking
your tastes fail even more

Haha okay. These words from a such a generic weeaboo wound me so.
Feb 10, 2010 1:18 PM
Dec 2008
wow...youre not even worth talking to

please, dont even respond.
watch anime for ten more years and then see if youre able to know whats good anime
Feb 10, 2010 1:24 PM

Dec 2008
Haha, you tard, I've been watching it for longer than you've been alive.

Get a clue.
Feb 22, 2010 12:19 AM

Jun 2008
Kimi ni Todoke should have been in the top 3 ....

+ why is durarara!! only *3? It's the best anime in the whole winter season. >.<
Feb 22, 2010 2:58 AM

Apr 2009
i dont understand how can anybody watch Kimi no Todoke -_-

FMA/durara pwn <3
Feb 28, 2010 1:47 AM
Jul 2008
Jeez at all the flaming. It was an EXPECTATION and SATISFACTION ranking. How serious do you have to get about some ranking that's half based on feelings?

Although I personally thought DtB S2 wasn't that good, other than being a sequel.
Lots of ppl say Hidamari's good, but since I don't really enjoy loli comedy, something like Lucky Star? Not sure if I'll ever start on the FIRST season of Hidamari. I like Gintama comedy though.

But it really seems that Japan likes funny anime, which is probably better when you don't need to read subs half the time.
Mar 20, 2010 11:16 PM

Sep 2008
This goes to show that Japan like to much on action than too much dramatic scene!! Same to most of the anime fans here~~~

As for me, I always rate the anime based on how well the story develop and how entertaining it is....
So don't you dare flame me if my anime list for 2009 is unfair, different people have their own different taste.
1) Kimi ni Todoke
2) To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3) Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
4) Durarara!
5) Nyan Koi
6) Bakemonogatari
ShoutaAzumaMar 20, 2010 11:25 PM
Mar 27, 2010 7:43 PM
Jun 2008
Gyagu Manga Biyori + is a bit low....I guess not everyone like this anime
Katanagatari is not even in the list....so sad
smokes said:
i dont understand how can anybody watch Kimi no Todoke -_-

FMA/durara pwn <3
I think Kimi ni todoke is just a bit overrate due this its good start...I am not sure this anime is even worth re-watch or not.
Mar 27, 2010 8:28 PM

Oct 2008
Cheonyu said:
Kimi ni Todoke should have been in the top 3 ....

+ why is durarara!! only *3? It's the best anime in the whole winter season. >.<

because it's only new. plus it doesn't have the younger people as an audience because it's more mature. i imagine though, that it'll get higher on the list.
Apr 11, 2010 7:51 PM

Sep 2007
My favorite anime gaining high ranking? That's great. I was sad how the moment I changed the anime on my list to complete, one of the thread was discussing how much it sucked. But, now I can proudly claim that their opinion is only a minority and more people liked it with me.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

13 by animegamer245 »»
41 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 9

9 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.