Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (93) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
Regarding the pacing:
May 29, 2016 11:25 AM

Mar 2015
Stark700 said:
Regarding the pacing:

I haven't watch the episode so I can't confirm about the pacing in episode 9, but that scene should be around Volume 3 chapter 3 part 8.

May 29, 2016 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
DarklordVor said:
Stark700 said:
Regarding the pacing:

I haven't watch the episode so I can't confirm about the pacing in episode 9, but that scene should be around Volume 3 chapter 3 part 8.

Ah thanks :p

Do you know many chapters are there for volume 3? By this reply, it looks like arc 2 is the shortest so far.
May 29, 2016 11:34 AM

Mar 2015
Stark700 said:
DarklordVor said:

Do you know many chapters are there for volume 3? By this reply, it looks like arc 2 is the shortest so far.

No problem :p

There are 5 chapters + epilogue. Though there is a small interlude in between chapter 4 and 5.

May 29, 2016 6:40 PM
Dec 2012
DarklordVor said:

Wow, then episode 9 adapted so much. If they are giving fragment chapter as 9 volume bonus I think they are going to adapt everything before it, otherwise this would not make sense.

Can you please explain what is the fragment chapter exactly? Is it an epilogue to arc3? Or a different ending to the arc? Or a continuous after arc 3?
May 31, 2016 7:03 AM
Jul 2015
@Fappa @DarklordVor
Hi there. Can you confirm this for me?

May 31, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2015
machixmachi said:
@Fappa @DarklordVor

Oh that post. Yeah this is certainly true. The editor alongside the author made some alterations for the LN version so that the overall story flow is better.

It may sound "bad" at first because once scene is really shortened but if you look at this scene in the overall picture of the story then it's better the way the LN handles it. :)
May 31, 2016 8:16 AM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
machixmachi said:
@Fappa @DarklordVor

Oh that post. Yeah this is certainly true. The editor alongside the author made some alterations for the LN version so that the overall story flow is better.

It may sound "bad" at first because once scene is really shortened but if you look at this scene in the overall picture of the story then it's better the way the LN handles it. :)

Thanks a lot. To be honest, I like WN version more than LN version at some torture&brutal scene, I've expected it :(

May 31, 2016 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
machixmachi said:

Thanks a lot. To be honest, I like WN version more than LN version at some torture&brutal scene, I've expected it :(

Yeah at this point it's a matter of preference to detail. The impact is the same in the end it's just delivered differently.

If we talk about the overall story an connectivity then the LN is definitely better as it
May 31, 2016 8:38 AM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
machixmachi said:

Yeah at this point it's a matter of preference to detail. The impact is the same in the end it's just delivered differently.

If we talk about the overall story an connectivity then the LN is definitely better as it

Although I won't get that brutal/torture but now I'm fine with your infomation about LN, thanks again :)

May 31, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
machixmachi said:

Although I won't get that brutal/torture but now I'm fine with your infomation about LN, thanks again :)

This wouldn't have made it into the anime anyway so instead of censored scenes a different, more story relevant take on this scene is a better option. If we talk about reading it then you will have to hope for a dedicated soul that translates the web novel.

The only thing I can agree with is that
May 31, 2016 9:09 AM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
machixmachi said:

The only thing I can agree with is that

Yep. I also agree with that.

May 31, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2015
Okay sorry for the late update guys, I just flew back to Indonesia on a 22 hours flight jeez... so tiring lol.

Anyway, episode 9 is awesome muahaaha. Rem-rin is love, Rem-rin is life.

But lol, so they ended it on Volume 3 chapter 3 part 8. Basically they adapted one whole chapter for this episode, which is slower than episode 8's two chapter pacing. See? I told you guys their pacing is random.

「死なないで、死なないで、死なないで――!」

It ends on chapter 41 of WN btw.

machixmachi said:
@Fappa @DarklordVor

Yeah what Fappa said. The LN is actually doing a good job on "polishing" it and the result is what we're seeing in the anime. The WN is gorier from the start like making Elsa's kills even gorier.

May 31, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
IMTLD said:
DarklordVor said:

Wow, then episode 9 adapted so much. If they are giving fragment chapter as 9 volume bonus I think they are going to adapt everything before it, otherwise this would not make sense.

Can you please explain what is the fragment chapter exactly? Is it an epilogue to arc3? Or a different ending to the arc? Or a continuous after arc 3?

Not really much, episode 9 only adapted one chapter of LN while episode 8 adapted 2 chapters. Although the WN chapters are basically the same in the range of 7-8 WN chapters. (Note that LN are the polished version of the WN).

The fragment chapter is an "alternate ending" epilogue since it took like lots of years in the future. Itt is also the one and true ending of Re:Zero that I have accepted. Yup, there is no such things as arc 4+ as they're all fanfictions.

May 31, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:
Okay sorry for the late update guys, I just flew back to Indonesia on a 22 hours flight jeez... so tiring lol.

Yeah what Fappa said. The LN is actually doing a good job on "polishing" it and the result is what we're seeing in the anime. The WN is gorier from the start like making Elsa's kills even gorier.

Oh I know that. Had to fly 23 hours to the maledives once *sigh*.

If you look only at arc 3 it's arguable what's better but if we take the whole story into consideration then the changes made it definitely more convenient to read/ for an anime to adapt.

Imagine
that would be pretty tiring.

The thing about the toned down gore, well that depends on your taste. The only thing that I maybe don't like about the changes is that

On the other side I love how much
May 31, 2016 8:28 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Oh I know that. Had to fly 23 hours to the maledives once *sigh*.

If you look only at arc 3 it's arguable what's better but if we take the whole story into consideration then the changes made it definitely more convenient to read/ for an anime to adapt.

Imagine
that would be pretty tiring.

The thing about the toned down gore, well that depends on your taste. The only thing that I maybe don't like about the changes is that

On the other side I love how much

Yup exactly. He probably take a lot more time for publishing another chapter to polish the story even further to connect the plot holes and missing details in his story. Hence why his 1-2 months per volume pace changes to 6 months per volume. Hopefully he can end volume 9 tearfully... make LN reader even feels than the WN readers who have read the epilogue of arc 3.

May 31, 2016 11:05 PM
Jul 2015
DarklordVor said:

Anyway, episode 9 is awesome muahaaha. Rem-rin is love, Rem-rin is life.

But lol, so they ended it on Volume 3 chapter 3 part 8. Basically they adapted one whole chapter for this episode, which is slower than episode 8's two chapter pacing. See? I told you guys their pacing is random.

「死なないで、死なないで、死なないで――!」

It ends on chapter 41 of WN btw.

machixmachi said:
@Fappa @DarklordVor

Thanks!
I fret about the emotionals/the feels in LN compare to WN version, which is better?

Jun 1, 2016 4:03 AM

Apr 2015
machixmachi said:

Thanks!
I fret about the emotionals/the feels in LN compare to WN version, which is better?

Well we're really biased since the version you read at first will always have a bigger emotional impact ( simply because a lot of it comes from the surprise effect which leads to a feeling of being overwhelmed )

If we talk about the narrative and the changed scenes then I'd say...for people who have read the WN first it will probably be still the WN but for people who have started with the LN and then hear the version of the WN, they'll say that the LN made it way more emotional.

If you're new to the series you'll definitely like the LN version more since it doesn't draw out events as much and it alters some events so that it involves more characters you have a bond with
Jun 1, 2016 9:09 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
Stark700 said:

There are 5 chapters + epilogue. Though there is a small interlude in between chapter 4 and 5.

What do you mean by small interlude? Like an extra chapter or something? Why would it be put in between chapter 4 and 5?

And holy shit... Rem is scary. Way scarier than Kotori you know, but that's kinda awesome too. Hopefully we'll see more of it.
Jun 1, 2016 9:33 AM

Mar 2015
@machixmachi yeah what Fappa said. It depends on which you read first, but I think the WN is more gorier and it actually makes it worse to imagine Subaru's suffering condition than the LN. However, because it is after all the polished version of the WN, it did become polished.

Like for example, on episode 7, Subaru was supposed to be attacked by a beast before Beatrice found him in the WN. I think if they had put the beast to the story at that moment, it would derail the feels we'll feel about Rem's death or Ram's anger to seeing Subaru getting attacked. So there are goods and bad in between them.

DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

What do you mean by small interlude? Like an extra chapter or something? Why would it be put in between chapter 4 and 5?

And holy shit... Rem is scary. Way scarier than Kotori you know, but that's kinda awesome too. Hopefully we'll see more of it.

Hmm the small interlude is something like an interlude. I don't know how to say it other than that lol. It's like an extra chapter being shoved in between chapter 4 and 5 to explain something. After all, the LN is the polished version of the WN. In the WN, it was put under chapter 47 instead of being an interlude chapter.

Hehehe... Rem is awesome. Kotori is less scarier than Rem because she's a fire goddess and not a demon :p her craziness is burning stuffs with her megiddo canon.

Hmm... about that
DarkingDawning said:
Hopefully we'll see more of it.

Jun 1, 2016 9:38 AM
Jul 2015
^ Holy shit! That face....... :D

Jun 1, 2016 10:39 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:

Hmm... about that
DarkingDawning said:
Hopefully we'll see more of it.

whew, I guess arc 3 really is good as they said huh? I bet you're liking every moment of it lol
Jun 1, 2016 10:51 AM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

Hmm... about that

whew, I guess arc 3 really is good as they said huh? I bet you're liking every moment of it lol

Fufufu.. chapter 12-13 manga is among my favorite chapters of arc 3. But it's not Re:Zero without sufferings.. *sigh*

Also the manga is on volume 5 of the LN so far. I have to enjoy every moment from here on out...

Jun 1, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
DarkingDawning said:

In comparison to arc 1 and 2, yes arc 3 is crazy good.

So much happens, so much is revealed, the stakes are higher, overall everything is just...better.

That's why source material readers like me and Darklord are so stoked for it :D
Jun 1, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:

If you're new to the series you'll definitely like the LN version more since it doesn't draw out events as much and it alters some events so that it involves more characters you have a bond with

Wait.......WAT?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 1, 2016 11:34 AM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

Wait.......WAT?

Your heard right. Arc 3 my friend...arc 3 :D
Jun 1, 2016 12:24 PM
Jan 2016
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

Wait.......WAT?

From arc 2 i thought always will puk do it once by any chance (never read original)you just confirmed it
Jun 1, 2016 1:07 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

Wait.......WAT?

The amount of hype for Arc 3 is rising by the day.
Jun 1, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

The funny thing is this is only one of many "Whaaaat" moments. Now that I think about it in arc 3 happens easily 2-3 times more than in arc 1 and 2 combined. Personally I see it as the actual start of the story while arc 1 and 2 were the mere set up for that.
Jun 1, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

The funny thing is this is only one of many "Whaaaat" moments. Now that I think about it in arc 3 happens easily 2-3 times more than in arc 1 and 2 combined. Personally I see it as the actual start of the story while arc 1 and 2 were the mere set up for that.

Well based of the LN, Arc 1 is 1 volume, Arc 2 is 2 volumes, and Arc 3 is about to be 6 volumes? So that's double the amount on volumes for 1 Arc so I'm fully expecting a good amount of "oh shit" moments and plot twists. Plus I'm looking forward to the world building.

Sigh...longest prologue ever.
Jun 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

Well based of the LN, Arc 1 is 1 volume, Arc 2 is 2 volumes, and Arc 3 is about to be 6 volumes? So that's double the amount on volumes for 1 Arc so I'm fully expecting a good amount of "oh shit" moments and plot twists. Plus I'm looking forward to the world building.

A long and detailed prologue is necessary for a really long story. If it would be a 10 volume story then yeah this would be really weirdly paced but we're talking about the prologue taking about 1/30 of the entire content.

Oh yeah this will be very good in arc 3, a lot of things you wish from a fantasy story
FappaJun 1, 2016 1:25 PM
Jun 1, 2016 1:47 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

A long and detailed prologue is necessary for a really long story. If it would be a 10 volume story then yeah this would be really weirdly paced but we're talking about the prologue taking about 1/30 of the entire content.

Oh yeah this will be very good in arc 3, a lot of things you wish from a fantasy story

Jun 1, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

Jun 1, 2016 2:33 PM

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:
Fappa said:

I'm personally not hyped for episode 25. You guys can have episode 25 as the end of Re:Zero, as for me, I'm taking the "what if" chapter lol.

Though yeah, I'm gonna enjoy most of those arc 3 episodes. So hype for arc 3, but not hyped for its end ;_;

Jun 1, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

I'm personally not hyped for episode 25. You guys can have episode 25 as the end of Re:Zero, as for me, I'm taking the "what if" chapter lol.

Though yeah, I'm gonna enjoy most of those arc 3 episodes. So hype for arc 3, but not hyped for its end ;_;

We don't know what happens in volume 9 yet so Tappei could literally do anything with "that". Maybe he will do it somewhat more tolerable for people like you :3
Jun 1, 2016 2:40 PM

May 2015
Fappa said:
DarkingDawning said:

In comparison to arc 1 and 2, yes arc 3 is crazy good.

So much happens, so much is revealed, the stakes are higher, overall everything is just...better.

That's why source material readers like me and Darklord are so stoked for it :D

Interesting. But it doesn't seem that @DarklordVor is hyped for its ending lol. I guess that's understandable since he's obsessed with that girl. I mean Emilia looked better and kinder than Rem, but he did say he like crazy girls like Kotori.

By crazy good, do you mean more crazy Rem? From the chapter 13 manga @DarklordVor posted,

Then there's a higher stake, I'm thinking of more deaths for our best car Subaru.
Jun 1, 2016 2:48 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

We don't know what happens in volume 9 yet so Tappei could literally do anything with "that". Maybe he will do it somewhat more tolerable for people like you :3

Hopefully he makes it less painful... or he will just went full sadist mode and be destroy and hope to the readers. *scream internally*

DarkingDawning said:

Interesting. But it doesn't seem that @DarklordVor is hyped for its ending lol. I guess that's understandable since he's obsessed with that girl. I mean Emilia looked better and kinder than Rem, but he did say he like crazy girls like Kotori.

By crazy good, do you mean more crazy Rem? From the chapter 13 manga @DarklordVor posted,

Oi oi, I didn't say I like crazy girls in general. Rem and Kotori went crazy "unconsciously" like Kotori's Efreet mode and Rem's Oni mode. Rem's feature is not only her craziness you know :3

Jun 1, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2015
DarkingDawning said:

Then there's a higher stake, I'm thinking of more deaths for our best car Subaru.

Well
Jun 1, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

DarklordVor said:
bobzanny said:

Just as boobs are fake asses, episode 25 is a fake ending.

We both know what is the real ending of Re:Zero.
Jun 1, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

bobzanny said:

Ah I actually like that ending of arc 3
FappaJun 1, 2016 3:28 PM
Jun 1, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2016
I ... don't want to wait any longer..

That ending is probably a love-hate moment lol
Jun 1, 2016 3:34 PM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
I ... don't want to wait any longer..

That ending is probably a love-hate moment lol

I believe
Jun 1, 2016 3:40 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

bobzanny said:

Ah I actually like that ending of arc 3

Fappa confirmed sadist.

Jun 1, 2016 3:43 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

Fappa confirmed sadist.

No...no..n...okay you're right :D!

bobzanny said:

Jun 1, 2016 3:48 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

Fappa confirmed sadist.

bobzanny said:

Jun 1, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

Fappa confirmed sadist.

bobzanny said:

Yes, I found another sadist. Grab the popcorn and enjoy the ending of arc 3 with a bright smile or an evil laugh. :3 (DarklordVor hates me now)
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 1, 2016 4:00 PM

Mar 2016
Fappa said:
I believe
Exactly. That's why I think Re:Zero will leave a really good impression for most people after ep.25.

And Subaru's suffering so far is ... you know it already. It's just the beginning. I'm sure he will break some (more) hearts. ^^

Btw. I see it's already the most favored series of the season.
It's quite impressive because almost nobody heard of this before.
Now imagine it after arc 3.. :D
Jun 1, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:

Jun 1, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

Once thing I've noticed upon rewatching this show, is that there's a lot of subtle foreshadowing that pays off in big ways. Like it feels every scene is contextually important. White Fox is truly outdoing themselves this year.
Jun 1, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Exactly. That's why I think Re:Zero will leave a really good impression for most people after ep.25.

And Subaru's suffering so far is ... you know it already. It's just the beginning. I'm sure he will break some (more) hearts. ^^

Btw. I see it's already the most favored series of the season.
It's quite impressive because almost nobody heard of this before.
Now imagine it after arc 3.. :D

Definitely.

Oh yes he will and others too. Hell certain characters managed to win my heard immediately and seeing their fate unfolding in front of my eyes just hurt me so much.

Exactly and that's why the "overrated" or "overhyped" argument absolutely doesn't work in my opinion.

This show didn't have an army of manga reader hyping the hell out of it.

The source material was close to completely unknown here in the west.

It didn't ride on any obvious success of a show because the majority deemed it as your generic fantasy harem show.

The show earned its popularity ( and its rating, at least here on MAL ) through the content it delivered week by week so in other words, by itself. To me that's a sign for a legitimately good show.

I can only say it again and again, week after week. I'm baffled that this show has already seen such a positive reception and popularity despite being at its weakest point in the entire story and this 2-cour season. The real meat of these 25 episodes lies in the second cour, the author knows that, the source material know that and even White Fox themselves know that. What I recognized is that they seem to hold back in various areas. Soundtrack wise we have heard a considerably low amount of different OST throughout these 9 episodes. The opening and ED visuals also seemed to hold back as they were really careful to only depict what lies in arc 1+2.

I believe that once we hit arc 3 they go full throttle and a lot of eyes will be on this show despite the arrival of a new season.
Pages (93) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Yesterday, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1833 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

252 by Kira_Illusionist »»
Sep 18, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

821 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 16, 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.