Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 13, 2010 4:26 PM

Nov 2007
God, I hate the "comedy" that always disturbs all the could've-be-good drama moments. If it wasn't for that, I'm sure I would've loved this episode. Not to say it didn't have some instances of greatness anyway, but gah!
Jan 13, 2010 4:29 PM

Feb 2009
There isn't any real conflict to this anime, is there. :/

Jan 13, 2010 5:02 PM

Oct 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
Well that is what happen to you when you are superficial Kurumi. How can Kazehaya fall for you when you wearing a mask all the time?

Pin is lol what an idiot, but I do like how his tarnishing Kurumi reputation.

Exactly! To ruin Kurumi's reputation Pin was good and also those are other students started talking about her bad too....looks bad luck will be coming to Kurumi from Sawako....:D
desolato said:
Someone needs to

And I'm getting used to Sawako's current hairstyle, it really fits her.

Yes desolato that' s the music and it's good. Fits right in.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 13, 2010 6:48 PM

Oct 2009
Powerful episode . . . I think this show delvs into the ability to tell underlying emotions subtly. So many times we fall in love with heavy dramatization that we forget the pure enjoyment of reality.

I love the balance, between fun and serious . . . Pin is amazing! Between his obliviousness and Chizu-chan's is great! Luv the bishounen Pin :p

Kurumi seems like a result of her enviroment. She's influenced by popularity and doesn't seem to know how to embrace the real her (even if that true self is shallow). Just a thought. Though I did get a horrible sinking feeling witht he preview for next week . . .
Jan 13, 2010 6:51 PM
Jul 2009
yay kurumi! time for her to redeem herself so we can all like her
Jan 13, 2010 6:55 PM
Jul 2009
LOL @ Pin! XD

I don't care what everyone else say, I LOVE Kurumi! She's not the bitch we all thought she was.

I really hope they end up being (best) friends, Sawako and Kurumi. ^_^
Jan 13, 2010 7:04 PM

Jul 2008
Ampharos said:
Easily the worst episode so far.
Jan 13, 2010 7:07 PM
Apr 2009
This anime is getting crappy again. I mean, I'm starting to sympathize for Kurumi. Come on now.
Jan 13, 2010 7:10 PM

Jul 2008
Sunlone said:
This anime is getting crappy again. I mean, I'm starting to sympathize for Kurumi. Come on now.

I know right she got what was coming.. i wished they had exploit her more or something
Jan 13, 2010 7:53 PM

Aug 2009
ToraMinamino said:
Kurumi's still a jerk. If she loved Kazehaya as much as she claims to, she would come out and tell him rather than using underhanded tricks that she knew would upset him, such as trying to make him believe that Sawako liked Ryu. I wish someone had punched her.

She knows Kazehaya is in love with Sawako and realizes no matter how much she talks with him to try to get along, it would not work. So she takes the other hand and tries to make Kazehaya give up on Sawako by spreading rumors and other crap.

ToraMinamino said:
I enjoyed this episode. Sawako's too forgiving and naive, but I've yet to get annoyed with her. She's become one of my favorite shoujo heroines.

That's how protagonists are :P They are too forgiving. Except ones like Adam Blade.
[right]

Jan 13, 2010 8:58 PM

Aug 2009
It was really hard for me to feel sad for Kurumi. Yea I get the whole "the one I love loves another" thing, kinda been there done that for me, its a relatable feature about her, but are we forgetting about a whole middle school full of girls who also liked Kazehaya? Just because the story focused on her more doesn't deny the heartbreak the other girls would feel too. At least, that's how I see it.

I want her to learn a lesson about using others because I don't think she deserved the kindness Sawako gave her (but then again, her hating Kurumi would seem a little OOC). Hopefully Kazehaya would see her true self next episode. That'll teach her...

As for Sawako being too naive and forgiving, that's kinda the whole point of this anime. She's "learning" how to communicate with others from scratch since she has been pretty much rejected her whole life. That and I find Japanese heros/heroines are full of purity and righteousness [for most shoujo and shounen anime, not so much on seinen and josei] whereas a common trait for western style heros/heroines are much darker. I don't know why, but I'd love to know one day.

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Jan 13, 2010 9:11 PM

Jun 2007
I had a lot of mixed feelings watching this episode.
Before this episode I disliked Kurumi, now I feel pity.
And Sawako... agh, I like her, but sometimes she annoys me.
I still hoping someday, she gets bitchy.

*waiting mode*
Jan 13, 2010 9:18 PM

Apr 2009
Sawako is a little too naive.

Kurumi confesses next episode? Oh dear. What will Kazehaya do? "Sorry, but i have someone i like." I HOPE SO. :)
Jan 13, 2010 9:34 PM
Mar 2009
I do agree Sawako is a little too naive, but at the same time she is still a pure woman at heart and somewhere down the line I can see Kurumi giving up on her antagonism towards Sawako because it's all useless.

Otherwise, another good episode, Pin is funny as usual.
Jan 13, 2010 9:56 PM

Jan 2009
ohh the drama...

Dang sports festival goes on forever eh?

Jan 13, 2010 10:24 PM

May 2009
LMAO at how Pin continues to blab about Kurumi. Poor girl. I feel sorry for her too, but solely because of Pin misunderstanding. Yes, yes, yes to everyone who wrote that the strong supporting cast is the main draw of the show.
Jan 13, 2010 10:57 PM

Aug 2009
Amazing episode.
Now I'm starting feel a bit sorry for Kurumi. Sawako came back to 'struck' her three times:
-by revealing to Kurumi her feelings for Kazehaya.
-by saying she still considers Kurumi as a friend.
-by saying she understands Kurumi's feelings.

Jan 13, 2010 11:42 PM

Jun 2008

Hmmm....Possible material for a spin off series?
Jan 14, 2010 12:49 AM

Sep 2008
My heart dropped like a ton of bricks because of Kurumi. Watching the anime really has come to make me love her. I'm pretty sure it's not because of pity too, though I would love to hug her and never let go...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2010 1:08 AM
Dec 2007
The final scene was just perfect. I really want to watch the next episode now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 14, 2010 1:21 AM

Sep 2009
Its confusing = should i hate Kurumi or feel pity for her...

So Kurumi proposes Kazehaya in the next ep . Maybe inturn Kazehaya will propose Sawako..
Pin is just hilarious .
They didnt show Ryuu this episode :(
Jan 14, 2010 1:43 AM

Jul 2009
honestly,I'm getting bored of this kurumi arc...I nearly fell asleep
Jan 14, 2010 2:38 AM

Aug 2008
And to all you kurumi haters, and a certain club :3 Kurumi getting a little more sympathy out there?

this, and more likely the next episode might mark a turning point in little Kurumi's life. Sure she was wrong, sure she did some bad stuff, but shes an adolescent girl who's in love. Love makes you do weird things but hopefully she'll mature and understand what she's done. I'd love for her to make up with Ayane and Chizu and become friends!

Jan 14, 2010 5:09 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
The thing is, that she hasn't voiced an inkling of thinking Kurumi had any ill intentions. If she had said, "And don't ever do that again," or something that let me know she was not happy about what happened, then I'd be fine. But for her to still seem so ignorant after everything that happened in the second arc is a little too much.
Well, Annisa said it before I even could >_<

Annisa said:
The difference between Sawako and Kurumi, imo, is that Sawako looks at everything from an optimistic perspective (i.e. seeing the good in people and overlooking their flaws) while Kurumi takes everything from more of a pessimistic, or should I say skeptical, point of view.
And with the romantic feeling which she just learned a while ago how one love can overcome anything. She herself just accepted Kazehaya everything he said as like being selfish and all. So rather than seeing Kurumi's ill intentions she saw her passion of love toward Kazehaya instead. And she even stated that she jealous that side of Kurumi.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 14, 2010 6:27 AM

Sep 2008
The pacing of this arc is too slow =.=
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Jan 14, 2010 9:58 AM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
And with the romantic feeling which she just learned a while ago how one love can overcome anything. She herself just accepted Kazehaya everything he said as like being selfish and all. So rather than seeing Kurumi's ill intentions she saw her passion of love toward Kazehaya instead. And she even stated that she jealous that side of Kurumi.

It's just coming down to my feeling that Sawako is becoming more and more like a 1-dimensional Mary Sue. While almost everyone around her is aware of their flaws or foibles in other people, Sawako is beginning to look flat by comparison, and is even exalted for it. The depth that was there just by the token of her being a different type of female lead is slowly dissolving because she's turning into the typical female lead.
Jan 14, 2010 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
I don't hate Kurumi, but I hate her attitude...
Selkaine said:
...Just because the story focused on her more doesn't deny the heartbreak the other girls would feel too. At least, that's how I see it....

Kurumi is a girl in love, after all. It was a little heartbreak to see her crying... (anyway, she deserved it)
Nyanta said:
And to all you kurumi haters, and a certain club :3 Kurumi getting a little more sympathy out there?

well, I've seen a Kurumi fanclub created recently...
surieldlJan 14, 2010 10:13 AM

Jan 14, 2010 10:24 AM

Aug 2009
A funny one but context wise a little disappointing. Next ep. seems really awesome tough.

I hope they at least limit the overwhelming drama a little. In this episode it got so overboard.
Jan 14, 2010 10:41 AM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
It's just coming down to my feeling that Sawako is becoming more and more like a 1-dimensional Mary Sue. While almost everyone around her is aware of their flaws or foibles in other people, Sawako is beginning to look flat by comparison, and is even exalted for it. The depth that was there just by the token of her being a different type of female lead is slowly dissolving because she's turning into the typical female lead.
Well I can't really argue against you about this one. I can feel that it could come down to that but we will have to see it. As you can see we are still far from being half way into the series and we still havent really learn anything yet.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 14, 2010 11:05 AM

Oct 2009
Siva said:
noteDhero said:
Well I can't really argue against you about this one. I can feel that it could come down to that but we will have to see it. As you can see we are still far from being half way into the series and we still havent really learn anything yet.
I could disagree with noteDhero about the fact there is still time for change....remember Kazehaya should help Sawako with these problems....personally I would help her but you know anime = not real life so yeah.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 14, 2010 11:10 AM

Nov 2008
This was a pretty episode x3 So much about their feelings.
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Jan 14, 2010 11:20 AM

Jan 2008
porkypink said:
ToraMinamino said:
Kurumi's still a jerk. If she loved Kazehaya as much as she claims to, she would come out and tell him rather than using underhanded tricks that she knew would upset him, such as trying to make him believe that Sawako liked Ryu. I wish someone had punched her.

She knows Kazehaya is in love with Sawako and realizes no matter how much she talks with him to try to get along, it would not work. So she takes the other hand and tries to make Kazehaya give up on Sawako by spreading rumors and other crap.

No matter how strongly she feels about Kazehaya, it doesn't justify her manipulating others the way she does. Also, she's known Kazehaya much longer than Sawako has, and has been using underhanded tactics since middle school, at which point he presumably didn't have anyone that he was interested in.
Jan 14, 2010 12:43 PM

Nov 2007
Kurumi finally admitted that she spread the rumors. Episode 14 was really sad...Now I dunno who'll end up with Kazehaya.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 14, 2010 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
BokuSatchii said:
This. With each episode, I've been discovering more and more that the biggest draw of this anime for me is the strong supporting cast, whereas Kazehaya and especially Sawako have just begun to grate on my nerves. Kurumi has proved to be the most interesting character by far; I've really liked the way she's written.
Jan 14, 2010 3:21 PM

May 2009
Funny how the last episode started off with anti-Kurumi, and now it's opened with anti-Sawako. Oh well, I guess I'm still as easily swayed as before, one of those silly like-all-characters-people.

And of course, Pin is win.
It just came out in a way that made me laugh even more than before, for whatever reason.

Pin is win...Can someone mail me a shirt of that? X3

Jan 14, 2010 3:52 PM

Oct 2009
Kurumi is my fave character so far... and I don't really want her to be friends with Sawako.
Jan 14, 2010 10:58 PM

Dec 2009
The only thing I really liked was Chizu and Yano's reactions to Pin when he was going on and on about Kurumi having feelings for him. Otherwise, I was kind of bored by the episode.

OnyxEyes3Jan 15, 2010 12:55 AM
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Jan 15, 2010 7:02 AM
May 2008
Chizu, Yano, and now Pin all really help during the slower episodes. They breathe that extra bit of comedic element to overall slower episodes.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 15, 2010 3:10 PM

Sep 2009
I really understand Kurumi´s feelings.
Is truily painful to see yourself incapable to reach someone that you love.
Jan 15, 2010 4:06 PM

May 2009
Screw Kazehaya and Sawako. (They're annoying me D:)

I always thought Pin was the sexiest guy in the show. No kidding.

I seriously wish the show was about Ryuu or Pin.

Oh well.

So melodramatic, ewwww.

5/5 because I'm a graphic freak :)
Jan 15, 2010 7:43 PM

Sep 2007
i laughed hard at Pin's liners ha ha! what a guy xD those new rumours....nail in the coffin x_x

but too much talking! still waiting for the confession! : )

(not Kurumi, more towards Kazehaya letting it slip!)
Jan 15, 2010 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
ToraMinamino said:
porkypink said:
ToraMinamino said:

No matter how strongly she feels about Kazehaya, it doesn't justify her manipulating others the way she does. Also, she's known Kazehaya much longer than Sawako has, and has been using underhanded tactics since middle school, at which point he presumably didn't have anyone that he was interested in.

This only serves to make Kurumi an even more enjoyable character. There's no singular dimension to her, but hundreds. Sure, she does seem like the straight foward cow at first glance but there's alot more depth. I mean, she's incredibly strong, she would have to be, to both isolate her self from others, put on that face and pretend she were the kindest girl ever, but also she's weak for the exact same reason. She's no open book, which means the watcher (and for manga fans, readers) do ahve to put a little more thought into it because she's not going to give you the full story, like Sawako.

I did like the episode, not hugely, but it was needed to keep things rolling I suppose. Sawako can get a little too...sappy? I'm not sure how to word her, asides from dense. Not all of the subplots are spurred on from Sawako's plain blindness but most of them are. Kazehaya dosn't help. If only that boy would be a little more forward, just a little, then mabey we'd get somewhere.

Pin makes my day though.
Jan 15, 2010 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
Pin for the win!!! Even Kaze thinks its a MU

Sawako doesn't want to have enemies.. coz from the very start she wants to win friends. It's really hard to see that kind of purehearted personality, but I love it! To sum it up we don't need to pity Kurumi, what she did from the start is wrong so eventually she will pay for it

BEAUTY!? it isnt about everything
ZinvyJan 15, 2010 9:02 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 15, 2010 10:19 PM

May 2009
Good episode. I love the growth of Kurumi. I agree with everyone who said the supporting characters are better than the main. Pin LOL. Period XD
Jan 16, 2010 1:03 AM

Jul 2008
Kurumi is such a great character. I mean, not looking at the manipulation and jerkass-ness, she still has feelings people can relate to and I really sympathized with her, especially in this episode.

Also, hell yeah the supporting cast is the best.
Jan 16, 2010 1:12 AM
Oct 2007
Junko-tan said:
ToraMinamino said:
porkypink said:
ToraMinamino said:

This only serves to make Kurumi an even more enjoyable character. There's no singular dimension to her, but hundreds. Sure, she does seem like the straight foward cow at first glance but there's alot more depth. I mean, she's incredibly strong, she would have to be, to both isolate her self from others, put on that face and pretend she were the kindest girl ever, but also she's weak for the exact same reason. She's no open book, which means the watcher (and for manga fans, readers) do ahve to put a little more thought into it because she's not going to give you the full story, like Sawako.

I did like the episode, not hugely, but it was needed to keep things rolling I suppose. Sawako can get a little too...sappy? I'm not sure how to word her, asides from dense. Not all of the subplots are spurred on from Sawako's plain blindness but most of them are. Kazehaya dosn't help. If only that boy would be a little more forward, just a little, then mabey we'd get somewhere.

Pin makes my day though.

I would just like to point out that it's hard for Sawako to not give us her full story since Kimi-Todo is, in essence, from her point of view and projects her thoughts, discoveries, journey, whatever you want to call it. If Kurumi was the main character here, she would give her full story, background, and all of her plans, manipulations, angst, or whatever else she feels would be as plain as day. It is because Sawako is the main character and pretty much a polar opposite, a foil, of Kurumi that we (and by we, I mean everyone watching this show) have differing opinions about their characters. It is due to the pureness and background of Sawako being so flatly laid out and thrown at us that makes Kurumi's possibly more complicated and "mysterious" presence interesting. I know I'm totally blabbering here, but my point is, Sawako and Kurumi compliment one another.
Jan 16, 2010 4:34 AM

Nov 2007
Sawako's naiveness was slightly annoying this episode. Kurumi annoys me even more. I hate her sort of character. I quite liked her when she was a bitch, but now she's coming off as rather pathetic.

Chizu, Ayane, Pin and Ryuu ftw~
Kazehaya's just alright.

I'm pretty annoyed at the fact that the soccer match they trained so much for was reduced to a background for Sawako's monologues.

Pretty okay episode. Not near as good as past ones.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jan 16, 2010 5:46 AM

Apr 2009
Nanakogin said:
I always thought Pin was the sexiest guy in the show. No kidding.

I seriously wish the show was about Ryuu or Pin.

^ This, so much.
Also, just why do they pity Kurumi that much when it comes to her "romance" with Pin? o.O
I mean, DAYM.
If you know what I mean.
No you don't, I'm blabbering XD Don't mind me.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 16, 2010 2:19 PM
Aug 2008
Aww!Sawako is so cute and good :).Even tough a bit naive....I totally hate Kurumi XD.This episode was great,like all episodes from Kimi ni todoke so far :).
Jan 16, 2010 3:29 PM
Jan 2010
I'm disappointed. This was one of my favourite chapters in the manga, because it was the chapter that won me on Kurumi. In the manga, the events whooshed by pretty quickly, but the anime seems to draw the events out oh so slowly. And, I don't know. I waited for the anime to reach this point for so long, and it didn't reach my expectations, I guess.

I did like the voice acting in the end though. I'm a fan for Aya Hirano doing Kurumi. I thought she nailed Kurumi towards that end scene.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.