Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2016 9:10 PM

Feb 2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimozide

"Pimozide is used in its oral preparation in schizophrenia and chronic psychosis, Tourette syndrome and resistant tics.

Pimozide has been used in the treatment of delusional disorder and paranoid personality disorder. It has also been used for delusions of parasitosis."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957

Above is the link to the study. 2 mg daily of Pimozide made feelings of being the wrong gender and wanting to crossdress go away, which returned upon lowering the dosage, then went away again upon increasing it back to 2 mg.

Apparently this was done in the 90s. Why hasn't this been tried more often? What do you all think of it? Do you think more testing with similar results would provide evidence that transgenderism is a type of psychosis, delusion disorder, or schizophrenia?

Apr 14, 2016 9:19 PM

Oct 2014
Transgenderism is considered to be a personality disorder, which isn't as big of a problem as a mental disorder.

I'm personally fine with wanting to crossdress. I have ADD and I'm pretty sure I'm also autistic so it's not the worst of my mental issues. I like to feel like a cute girl who does cute things.
Apr 14, 2016 9:21 PM

Jan 2008
Body modification is not a mental disorder. psychosis, delusion disorder, or schizophrenia do not have anything to do with body modification.

But, if a person who had psychosis, delusion disorder, or schizophrenia rocked up and said they were trans I would be sceptical. Rather than A person who just wants to look a certain way like any body builder or artistic fashions, to become the image of what you want to be not what other people tell you you have to be.

its a person body, if they are compos mentis and know the repercussions of their actions it is their body thier life and their choice.

And that, is the end of the discussion. I know i know you wanted to pretend to be teacher and give everyone homework and say ''prove me wrong guys'' but nobody needs to, do you know why? its not your body and what someone else does with their body is not up to you.

And likewise if a person is happier on Pimizode than being trans, then its up to them not you. And if they wanted to be trans again after years , or if they wanted to transition and transition. its their life not your life, its thier body not your body. Its up to them what they do with their life and its not your job in anyway to police what a person does unless it becomes a danger to society or self.
BlackheartApr 14, 2016 9:25 PM

Apr 14, 2016 9:25 PM

Mar 2016
Hopefully no rational being believes "trasngender" is actually a coherent concept. We use it to make communication more efficient, but the concept itself is nonsense.

"Transgenderism" is a delusional disorder.
Believing it's coherent is a lack of critical thinking.
Apr 14, 2016 9:31 PM

Jan 2009
to me its not actually curing transgenderism at all since any neuroleptics acts as tranquilizers that dulls emotions like sex drive or lust so they may seem to treat transgenderism in that way but not really curing them or changing their sexual identity, its just making them feeling zombies with all the numb emotions
Apr 14, 2016 9:54 PM

Mar 2008
That is not the only one. Although yes it bothers me more treatment options are not looked into and I do worry about misdiagnosis.

" METHOD: A 19-year-old black woman, with an 8-year history of undifferentiated schizophrenia and intense gender dysphoria, was referred for sex reassignment surgery evaluation in the Ambulatory for the Treatment of Sexual Disorders of the ABC Medical School.
RESULT: After a more adequate antipsychotic treatment, her masculine behavior has persisted, but her desire to change her own genital organs has decreased."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18069992

" Twenty percent of all schizophrenic patients experience sexual delusions at some point during the evolution of their illness. Among them, some patients develop the conviction of belonging to the other sex. Although true coexistence of schizophrenia and gender identity disorder is rare, it can be difficult to disentangle the two conditions. We report the case of a 40-year-old male patient with chronic schizophrenia who developed intrusive gender identity preoccupations over the years. Using this clinical case as a starting point, relevant literature is then reviewed and discussed. Long-lasting florid delusions of sex change are unusual but have been noted among patients with schizophrenia. Considering the irreversible consequences of surgery and its medico-legal implications, these patients should be properly detected."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17661542

" The aim of this paper was to present basic data about gender identity disorders and psychotic transsexual desires. From time to time in scientific literature there are descriptions of a diagnosis of psychotic disorders in persons previously diagnosed and treated as transsexuals, in whom the transsexual thinking disappears after using antipsychotic agents. Coexistence of transsexualism and schizophrenia causes a lot of doubt--it is observed in scientists opinions but also in the diagnostic criteria of DSM-IV and ICD-10. Moreover, delusions of sex change are probably more frequent than it is thought. It causes, that in some cases the differential diagnosis of psychosis and gender identity disorders may be very difficult. Transsexuals treatment is on one hand connected with expected effects but on the other hand with many serious, often irreversible health consequences (e.g. cardiovascular disease, risk of neoplasma development, infertility, consequences of surgical sex reassignment). That is why the differential diagnosis of transsexualism and schizophrenia should be made carefully and thoughtfully."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20209883
Apr 14, 2016 10:11 PM

Mar 2014
sign me up.

im all for trans rights, i'd date/fuck/be friends with one but i could never accept it for myself. dysphoria gets pretty bad sometimes it makes social interaction impossible sometimes, its pretty messed up that im surrounded by supportive people but im the least supportive one, i wish my parents just called me a fgt and put me on drugs to have me cured at least then i'd have some shot at a normal life. going down the trans route pretty much marks you for life, unless you are asian or have ridiculously good genetics
Apr 15, 2016 3:43 AM

Mar 2008
LadyRenly said:
sign me up.

im all for trans rights, i'd date/fuck/be friends with one but i could never accept it for myself. dysphoria gets pretty bad sometimes it makes social interaction impossible sometimes, its pretty messed up that im surrounded by supportive people but im the least supportive one, i wish my parents just called me a fgt and put me on drugs to have me cured at least then i'd have some shot at a normal life. going down the trans route pretty much marks you for life, unless you are asian or have ridiculously good genetics

Some anti-psychotics are dangerous. The only one I know of that is safe and without side effects is CBD ( cannabinoid from cannabis) but im not sure how gender dysphoria would react to something like that.
Apr 15, 2016 6:34 AM

Jan 2008
LadyRenly said:
sign me up.

You have to let go of this genetic lottery bullshit, All the trans women i know are happy to be living as women because that is what they are and that is what makes them happy and that is why they transitioned. I get it, i really do. I feel the same. I know lots of people who are at different stages of transition. And at one point there is a point where classism and sexism come into play again and it doesn't matter f you're LGBTQ whatever, if society doesn't like you you end up being on the fringe of it. One of my freind recently had the OP. And i genunly wonder if shes happy. I hope she is because its a one way ticket if you dont have any freinds in hell i wouldn't suggest anyone have the OP because theres no way out after that. Thats exactly why one of my other trans friends killed herself. She basically got ostracised by her group of freinds. it was really sad to see, they just bullied her and she took it because she thought it was a hazing ritual and there was going to be a big hurrah at the end and it turned out it was just a cruel joke on her. she texted me, meet me in the place where we grew up. I found her.

I dont think i will ever forgive them for what they did, she was really beautiful person inside and out and they were just jelous. And actually, I was on the verge of the same. But after losing her, and knowing who did it to her. I dont know if i will ever be able to get revenger for how they destroyed that poor girls life, but i do know one thing I found a zeal in me to carry on. for her. I hate society and its funny games, it was like watching an episode of game of thrones, when it should have been an episode of glee.

She was my only friend.

@Traed- cannabis does nothing for me really except make me feel tired. And highlight how badly my life is fucked up. Seems to make me want to remember all the times ive been fucked over just to make sure i know nobody loves me. I dont even know why i smoke > 420 blaze it erryday i guess. Not sure about CBD extract would work, might chill me out i might try it.

Apr 15, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2009
ahhhhhh yes. my favourite kinds of MAL threads. the ones where people with no adequate background in psychology try to sound smart.
looking forward to ignoring this.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Apr 15, 2016 7:00 AM

May 2015
From what it sounds like, it appears that the transgenderism canceling is a side effect. I think there is some grain of truth that drugs can be used to cancel certain personality aspects and the capability of medicine to do things like that is only going to increase as time goes on. However, the drug is used to treat things like schizoprenia...I have no idea what it might possibly do to the brain of someone who doesn't have those disorders. Additionally, poking around in people's brains when their personality disorders (like transgenderism) aren't being harmful to themselves or others is a very ethically dubious subject.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

27 by Dracowyn »»
2 hours ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

23 by Ejrodiew »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.