Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 8, 2016 2:57 PM

Jun 2010
Well I never rate anything or even trust them. So I don't care the rating when I watch something.
But I'd guess this will end in a boring way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
atngone said:
Episode 6 for example. The way they put 4 backstories in one episode and made you understand why the character wanted to escape his previous life and make you feel more connected to them. While Angel Beats showed 6 backstories in 12 episodes.

Angel Beats and Mayoiga are completely different anime. And I'm curious, 4 backstories in one episode is better than 6 backstories in 12 episodes how exactly?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 8, 2016 5:51 PM

Jul 2014
atngone said:
The way they put 4 backstories in one episode and made you understand why the character wanted to escape his previous life and make you feel more connected to them. While Angel Beats showed 6 backstories in 12 episodes

You have this the wrong way round. Cramming backstories into one massive block takes you away from the present day action. I love how you actually think that's better than doing six over 12 episodes. It's not. I hate clunky backstories in general. They're better when woven into the dialogue.
May 8, 2016 10:59 PM

Jan 2014
I also think it's overrated. A huge cast, but a cast of tropes - and none of them the least bit likeable (even their sob backstories are dry and contrived). At this point only watching to know what the mystery is.

Seriously, the concept is good, but the way they handled it is so bad, like they didn't want to spend the brainpower to fill it up with anything original and just went with "good enough". What a disappointment.
May 8, 2016 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Well, it's certainly shaping up to be the best UNINTENTIONAL comedy of the year.
May 9, 2016 12:05 AM

Apr 2016
this show deserves the score it get

its not bad to the point where it is somewhat humorous, it is just consistent garbage.
May 10, 2016 7:59 AM

Sep 2014
xXcorbanXx said:
I never rate something until I finish it but actually I believe that I should rate Mayoiga like a comedy and no like a mistery.

Hrybami said:

Actually yes. That's what I find interesting in mayoiga that others anime are too afraid to develop such cast and character interaction.

When have they developed the characters? Do you mean this ep with four flashbacks poorly handled?

The characters interaction is lame, they practically only shout to each other, people talk about stupid things like "how we should name the idiot that just died" for 3-4 minutes of episode and then forget the important things, a character that suspects of everybody being killers trust immediately in a girl that yells execution every phrase, they start singing creepy songs from nowhere, they put in a jail a guy for confronting someone insulting him but when a girl tries to actually kill another boy they ignore her.
No, the characters in Mayoiga are the big flaw, and their interactions are annoying since they actually can't talk and debate, only yell, accuse others and then yell while accusing again with 0 logic.

It's not flawed at all. This is exactly what I want in this anime. Mayoiga keeps on track the original cast and themes it presented that others anime are too afraid to tackle. I mean, why would a bunch of people who escaped from society would like to reproduce exactly the ideals of that society since they knew that these ideals are bullcrap? The characters voluntarily gave up on the rational behaviour that our society qualified as logic. It's perfectly understandable that they don't want to employ some kind of justice which they think is unfair.

I really prefer watching an anime like Mayoiga that avoid pretending that the world works 100% rationally and logically. Last season I watched Shouwa Genroku and I had the feeling of watching robots. The characters were completely soulless and unrealistic and it was really confusing to watch. I couldn't understand how a totally normal person would behave completely rationally without making any mistakes and without being some sort of genius.
May 10, 2016 8:19 AM

Dec 2012
The more I watch this anime, the more I'm completely baffled by the reception it's getting.

Like just now if you check ep 6 discussion, you will see people calling it bad, unintentional comedy, etc. Yet at the same time they can't even comprehend the basic plot points of the show. Many not understanding why the army guy saw a silicon monster for example.

Good grief, I really hate the western online community.
May 10, 2016 1:40 PM
Mar 2014
Yes this show is underrated, don't like it ? Fine, but calling it comedy because you faill to understand the plot tells more about you then the show.
May 10, 2016 3:14 PM

Nov 2012
I never ever watched a show worse than Mayoiga. Underrated? I think not, this show is horrible, probably the worst I ever watched. It's more a comedy than a mistery anime.

And yes, I "understand" the plot, but... well, the plot is horrible... And every single character is horrible too.
Sorry for my bad English :/

Simply torito & probably the best!!!
May 10, 2016 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
Hrybami said:
xXcorbanXx said:
I never rate something until I finish it but actually I believe that I should rate Mayoiga like a comedy and no like a mistery.

When have they developed the characters? Do you mean this ep with four flashbacks poorly handled?

The characters interaction is lame, they practically only shout to each other, people talk about stupid things like "how we should name the idiot that just died" for 3-4 minutes of episode and then forget the important things, a character that suspects of everybody being killers trust immediately in a girl that yells execution every phrase, they start singing creepy songs from nowhere, they put in a jail a guy for confronting someone insulting him but when a girl tries to actually kill another boy they ignore her.
No, the characters in Mayoiga are the big flaw, and their interactions are annoying since they actually can't talk and debate, only yell, accuse others and then yell while accusing again with 0 logic.

It's not flawed at all. This is exactly what I want in this anime. Mayoiga keeps on track the original cast and themes it presented that others anime are too afraid to tackle. I mean, why would a bunch of people who escaped from society would like to reproduce exactly the ideals of that society since they knew that these ideals are bullcrap? The characters voluntarily gave up on the rational behaviour that our society qualified as logic. It's perfectly understandable that they don't want to employ some kind of justice which they think is unfair.

I really prefer watching an anime like Mayoiga that avoid pretending that the world works 100% rationally and logically. Last season I watched Shouwa Genroku and I had the feeling of watching robots. The characters were completely soulless and unrealistic and it was really confusing to watch. I couldn't understand how a totally normal person would behave completely rationally without making any mistakes and without being some sort of genius.

If they don't want to employ the "logical" justice that they've runned away (I'm thinking that you refer to the freedom of actions without punishment that lovepon has) then why the first thing they ever did was to put Jack in preventive jail? (sorry if it has other name in english)
I mean, you, as the writer, shouldn't state things like you expose if you are not going to be consisten.
I agree with you that if they want to escape the actual society because they think it doesn't actually work they don't need to follow the same rules, but then they should do it from the start and not when they are in the mood like it looks like.

For example, they wanting to make Mitsumune talking using torture is a thing with i'm ok, but i'm not okay if they are doing this with arrogant-kun, who actively yells that he doesn't trust in anyone because they can be serial killers except, wait, he trust the two gun freaks (I'm also an airsofter and I know sometimes we look a bit crazy from the outside) and the unstable girl that only talks about executions and actually tried to murder two inocents.
^This I think is one of the biggest mistakes Mayoiga have done with their characters. They presented a thing like you described, but actually did the contrary at the same time that did it right, because it's a mess and they don't handle it as a same "timeline", they present the chapters without a real connection between them further than the cliffhanger and the first scene.

The other flaw I see is, like I stated previously, that they are annoying, only yelling while they "debate" and basically screaming. This is not about being perfectly logical, reasoning without mistakes and thinking like robots, the real problem is that Mayoiga's characters are not thinking at all. They just yell, accuse without never saying why they do it and then yell again.
The staff is afraid to show an actual conflict between two forces, every time they are going to actually argue and debate one of the two "contenders" just gets extremely angry and just goes out or sits down and stops talking. This isn't the way to handle a group discussion because they are trying to make it look like they are having conflicts while it's impossible to feel that since almost every characters just scream as echoes of the last accusation made.

If you think about it the actual reasonable characters don't get much screen time, but when they do they say reasonable things (not statements or speculations, just ask for things to drive a clear debate), the rest of the characters ignores them and keep doing the same stupid things.
The only exception is Mitsurugi's friend, he is just like a babysitter and don't fit in the show.
Waifus only represent ideals
May 11, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
The more I watch this anime, the more I'm completely baffled by the reception it's getting.

Like just now if you check ep 6 discussion, you will see people calling it bad, unintentional comedy, etc. Yet at the same time they can't even comprehend the basic plot points of the show. Many not understanding why the army guy saw a silicon monster for example.

Good grief, I really hate the western online community.

Lust said:
Yes this show is underrated, don't like it ? Fine, but calling it comedy because you faill to understand the plot tells more about you then the show.

Honestly, I don't get people who call it a comedy, the mystery and suspense is done pretty well and those who bash on it and call it a comedy themselves are the ones returning weekly and are probably somewhat hooked to finding out more on the mystery of the show. But yeah, I agree failing to understand the plot really tells me more about such people rather then the show.

Anyways MAL scores will never cloud my judgement and enjoyment on anime I find good and enjoy, so jokes on them.
May 11, 2016 5:31 AM
Mar 2014
xXcorbanXx said:
The other flaw I see is, like I stated previously, that they are annoying, only yelling while they "debate" and basically screaming. This is not about being perfectly logical, reasoning without mistakes and thinking like robots, the real problem is that Mayoiga's characters are not thinking at all. They just yell, accuse without never saying why they do it and then yell again.
The staff is afraid to show an actual conflict between two forces, every time they are going to actually argue and debate one of the two "contenders" just gets extremely angry and just goes out or sits down and stops talking. This isn't the way to handle a group discussion because they are trying to make it look like they are having conflicts while it's impossible to feel that since almost every characters just scream as echoes of the last accusation made.

Be ready i'm going to blow your mind.
All the characters are basically misfits of society, and most of them expierienced fucked up things in their lifes, now they want to start over and are put in a group with unknow people, now suddenly this group of people find themselfs in a town where they tought it would be a utopia but nope they find themselfs in a even worse scenario, what do you think that does to your mind? Ofcourse you are going to see everyone as your enemy, ofcourse you aren't going to say hey guys let's be calm and talk about this.

And while the characters arguably don't stand out on their own, the creator did a verry good job putting them together and creating the scenarios.
Lust_May 11, 2016 5:37 AM
May 11, 2016 7:20 AM

Nov 2012
Lust said:
xXcorbanXx said:

All the characters are basically misfits of society, and most of them expierienced fucked up things in their lifes, now they want to start over and are put in a group with unknow people, now suddenly this group of people find themselfs in a town where they tought it would be a utopia but nope they find themselfs in a even worse scenario, what do you think that does to your mind? Ofcourse you are going to see everyone as your enemy, ofcourse you aren't going to say hey guys let's be calm and talk about this.

And while the characters arguably don't stand out on their own, the creator did a verry good job putting them together and creating the scenarios.

Yeah, you are going to see everyone as your enemy except the girl who only talk about execute other people and even tried to kill two of them and two crazy guys with airsoft weapons hahahaha.
Sorry for my bad English :/

Simply torito & probably the best!!!
May 11, 2016 7:29 AM
Mar 2014
torito said:
Lust said:

Yeah, you are going to see everyone as your enemy except the girl who only talk about execute other people and even tried to kill two of them and two crazy guys with airsoft weapons hahahaha.

He doesen't trust them you could clearly see that he just wanted to use them.
May 11, 2016 7:57 AM

Oct 2009
Because people think the show is a big joke, not that I would blame them. The plot is just starting to build up and it's already half of the season and where is my gore? :(

I'm actually hooked on this show, but it still has a low score for me.

May 11, 2016 8:24 AM

Jan 2008
Lust said:
Fine, but calling it comedy because you faill to understand the plot tells more about you then the show.

Kek'd hard.

Let me tell you something, the current (relatively) low score is the proof people CAN understand this bullshit excuse of a plot. Trust me, you are not the only special snowflake who has the innate ability to grasp this OMGDEEP and WTFCOMPLEX show which is Mayoiga.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
May 11, 2016 8:26 AM

Mar 2012
Lust said:
xXcorbanXx said:

Honestly, I think that sounded better in your mind that once said.

Right now we have seen 6 past if we count that little fragment of Mitsumune's life told by his friend, two of them are what you are talking about, people who have experienced some fucked up things. Then we have one that was willing to be a functional member of the society but got rejected (they don't explain more, but it's implied that the implant has more to see in his problems than has been shown), one who was actually a mid-high charge in a big corporation, but whose arrogance made him fail, I don't see failing as something that makes you a misfit, is just that arrogant-kun has a ego so above the reasonable measure that he just couldn't assimilate that he made a mistake. Finally we have a succesful member of the society who is charged with a mistake made by an unknown character and he can't handle being judged and starts raging. Even so, if he was as good as he said to Koharun, then even in other countries his knowledge would lead to important projects, going to a misterious village is a stupid way.

As you can see, judging only the ones we have seen a bit deeper than only their names and behaviour they don't actually looks to the spectators as asocial people with mental problems (most of them, I mean).

Then they find themselves in an even worse scenario, in a town that they expected to be populated (not an utopia, they just wanted to start from 0 in another place where nobody would know who they were) with a group of people who was happy to stay there until something bad happens. And what happens then? They reunite to "talk", but they don't talk, they just judge and yell, and if they were as afraid (logical) as you say, why would they let a unstable girl who yells about killing (and actually tries to do it with witness) be free and stay with you? There's no logic and it makes all what you say fall down.

BTW: [url]http://myanimelist.net/character/139327/Yamauchi[/url] [url]http://myanimelist.net/character/138808/Nanko[/url] those are the only two characters that actually acts with a bit of common sense. They are the only two that could be able to actually make use of the fact that for almost everything, the whole group reunites in a room.
Seriously, if you want to make your characters reunite and debate, then at least try to make a conversation and no a monkey fight.

The scenarios are okay, the main plot being about hallucinations and not a serial killer is okay and the starting point was interesting (this was the show most anticipated for me this season), but the characters kill everything, not by their own since i'm more than used to it after all the generic things i've seen, the problem is with how they interact with each other, handled very poorly and without any remote posibility of actual conversations or debates to encourage the spectator to stand at one side and try to elaborate theories based on what that side says.

PS: I really think that Nyanta's backstory was made on the way. Is normal to have apifobia (fear of bees) after that experience, but is no normal to start a love for airsoft guns while by their fault you got this experience.
People usually get fear for the things that caused their traumas, not love.
May 11, 2016 8:27 AM
Mar 2014
Junchi said:
Lust said:
Fine, but calling it comedy because you faill to understand the plot tells more about you then the show.

Kek'd hard.

Let me tell you something, the current (relatively) low score is the proof people CAN understand this bullshit excuse of a plot. Trust me, you are not the only special snowflake who has the innate ability to grasp this OMGDEEP and WTFCOMPLEX show which is Mayoiga.

?
There is nothing deep and complex about the plot, that's why i said it in the first place.
Lust_May 11, 2016 8:38 AM
May 11, 2016 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
TheBigGuy said:
karlstein12 said:
Attack on Titan wannabee clone gets 8.5 rating and this original genuine mystery show gets a 7 because its 'edgy' haha weebs on MAL make me want to kms

There is no such thing as a "Attack on Titan wannabe clone". Don't know what you're talking about.

Um, he talks about Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress(?)
May 11, 2016 9:04 AM
Mar 2014
@xXcorbanXx

They tought that the people who live there live a utopian life, so yeah....

Indeed most of them don't have actual mental problems,but what they experienced do affect how they behave in a group environment, you have the people who are just crazy, people who want to take the lead and people who just follow around it's only natural to have alot of those "monkey fights".

Nyanta's backstory makes perfect sense to me, she loves airsoft guns because it gave her a sense of power when she shot at her bullies even tho it backfired.
May 11, 2016 11:32 AM

Nov 2013
yuliyana29 said:
TheBigGuy said:

There is no such thing as a "Attack on Titan wannabe clone". Don't know what you're talking about.

I know, I was just kidding. But it's not a clone, just because they share some similarities.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 11, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
TheBigGuy said:
yuliyana29 said:

I know, I was just kidding. But it's not a clone, just because they share some similarities.

They're both bad shows and MAL score doesn't mean anything at all, look at SAO and Erased scores... This anime isn't considered bad because it's 'edgy', but because of its horrible characters, dialogues and story.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

May 11, 2016 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
Lust said:
@xXcorbanXx

They tought that the people who live there live a utopian life, so yeah....

Indeed most of them don't have actual mental problems,but what they experienced do affect how they behave in a group environment, you have the people who are just crazy, people who want to take the lead and people who just follow around it's only natural to have alot of those "monkey fights".

Nyanta's backstory makes perfect sense to me, she loves airsoft guns because it gave her a sense of power when she shot at her bullies even tho it backfired.

That's the synopsis, but what the first episode actually showed is that they believed they were going to a hidden "society" where they would be admited like "newborns", no past, no mistakes, starting from zero. Or that would have been if they weren't so attached to their pasts like the show is actually teaching. You can't escape from your actions.

But what I don't get is why the authors want to reunite the whole cast in the same room event after event to only yell.
Crazy people usually wouldn't mind about such reunions, they were just too gone.
People who follow the events just would wait in silence and then take one part or let it go, not start yelling from the nothing.
And finally, those who want to take the lead would confront each other to take it, not whine like little kids who can't get free stuff and stop trying to take that role in the instant someone tries to have a different opinion.

Like I said arrogant-kun is the perfect example of all those bad things Mayoiga has. I hope they get rid quickly of him and focus in characters that actually can make this reach anywhere they want to guide them off.

And like I said, when you get a traumatic experience you fear everything related to this experience and the airsoft guns played and important role, even more important than the bees, so it's hard to believe that she developed that love to airsoft so fast. But maybe next chapter show us a little more and they explain this... which I doubt, they don't want to waste time developing correctly the characters.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.