Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Jun 29, 2023 3:42 PM
Jun 2023
it fucked, but in a bad way
Jul 9, 2023 2:49 AM

Dec 2022
How many fdgin times does this subaru have to die it's driving me insane and him especially. He's just trying to find a correct route like this reminds me a lot of Undertale alr XD.
Also that Reinhard guy seems cool, hope he and Subaru have more screentime together and ohh also the OP sounds good but the ED is actually above tier than the OP imho.

Aug 21, 2023 12:52 PM
Jan 2023
Another good episode, just wish Subaru would have caught on quicker to the fact that when he dies, he restarts at the point in time he arrived in the world at, with all of the items he had on him at the time.

Was expecting that crazy lady to walk through the door at the end, but seems we got the silver haired girl from before.

The interactions were just hilarious though, Subaru had met these people before and knew exactly what was going to happen, but they don't remember, because it hasn't happened for them yet.
Sep 25, 2023 6:00 AM
Dec 2022
Wow so amazing i very love that
Nov 14, 2023 2:18 AM

Aug 2023
stupid MC.. again..

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Nov 24, 2023 8:47 AM

Dec 2022
There we go. Was wondering when Subaru would realise it was some sort of time travel. For some reason, he still keeps heading down the same alleyway every time though. There must be a detour he could take to avoid the thugs.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 15, 2023 7:34 AM

Nov 2023
Felt, wow so she's a loli. She immediately became my favourite character.
Dec 17, 2023 11:39 AM
Dec 2023
insane anime recommend
Dec 28, 2023 11:26 AM
Jul 2017
for such an overhyped anime, this really is just trash
Apr 11, 2:09 PM
Jan 2024
Time-travel shenanigans are my favorite kind of story when done right, and this show is doing it right for me so far!
Apr 18, 10:14 AM

Apr 2024
The dialogue in this episode was so awkward that it made me groan. Subaru's internal monologue! He spends a good portion of this episode inwardly freaking out. I can sympathize with him in stressful situations, but his incessant inner screaming and self-deprecating remarks are tiresome.

His attempts to seduce Emilia are... Hmmm, it's horrifying. His cheesy pickup lines and exaggerated compliments seem desperate and awkward, especially considering that they have just met.

Then there is the tiresome trope of misunderstanding. He jumps to conclusions and blurts things out without thinking. That leads to hilarious misunderstandings! It was so cringe-worthy that I almost had encephalitis. Perhaps a simpleton might find this amusing as slapstick, but it highlights his lack of social skills and ends up being frustrating for him and for the audience.

The interactions between Subaru and the other characters, especially Beatrice, can be stiff and overly polite. At times it feels unnatural, especially for a situation where Subaru is basically a complete stranger barging into their mansion.

Perhaps they expect us to find this awkwardness comical and charming? Does this make us feel more attached to Subaru? Or that his social awkwardness makes us feel closer to him? Is he trying to add a sense of reality to his struggles in this new world? Well, no, it doesn't. It's just awkward and exhausting.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.