Forum Settings
Forums

Free Streaming Is The Solution To The Anime Piracy Crisis.

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 16, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2016
The entitlement in this thread is embarrassing. Anime is a fucking business you idiots. I bet some of you whine about ghibli stopping film production, or about a show you like not getting another season, yet you wont spend a dime to help keep the lights on. There are many ways to support the industry, yes discs and figures can be expensive, but theres a lot of cheap manga and merchandise, and streaming legal when available is the bare minimum you can do if you cant spend at all. If you wont even do that then youre a cancer on the industry.
May 3, 2016 4:56 PM

Aug 2007
GoldNautilus said:
The entitlement in this thread is embarrassing. Anime is a fucking business you idiots. I bet some of you whine about ghibli stopping film production, or about a show you like not getting another season, yet you wont spend a dime to help keep the lights on. There are many ways to support the industry, yes discs and figures can be expensive, but theres a lot of cheap manga and merchandise, and streaming legal when available is the bare minimum you can do if you cant spend at all. If you wont even do that then youre a cancer on the industry.

This is also why we get localized translations instead of literal.
May 3, 2016 7:33 PM

Sep 2013
@GoldNautilus disk sales was always for the niche hardcore collectors, not everyone can pay $60 for 2 ep.
All that stuff you mentioned will stay while the free streaming will bring them more money.

Another win for the streaming side, a Chinese streaming site has co financed the anime seisen cerberus.
It's even got a Chines dub and will make a profit on streaming alone.

While it has OVER 1 MILLION VIEWS on KISSANIME alone, these companies are just throwing money away.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1504659

That how you do streaming, now imagine big sites with good legit ads and other money revenues.
Look at netflix and amazon getting into anime.

roundbeats said:
Free Streaming Blowing Up KissAnime Is The Solution To The Anime Piracy Crisis. Kind of joking, but really, at a point when you allow internet piracy to become so organized and accessible, its absurd.

Crunchyroll was originally a pirate site and the Japanese gov hasn't shut down kiss anime either for some reason.
That tells you the scale of free streaming and it's potential.
ichii_1May 3, 2016 7:37 PM
May 3, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2016
@ichii_1 I'm not getting your point. I didn't say fans had to buy discs, although I do think that's the best way to support the industry along with streaming LEGAL. I was talking about non-Japanese fans specifically if that didn't come across, and there are no licensors currently releasing anime for $30 an episode anywhere but Japan, so that point is moot. Even if there was, my whole post was about pointing to cheaper alternatives to discs and figures, which I admitted are expensive, and advocating for legal streaming.
Jun 28, 2016 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
The industry is now changing towards streaming.
With the recent decision of the ReLIFE producers to release the entire series for streaming before it even aired on TV and many anime being co/funded by streaming sites, it's undeniable we are entering the streaming age.
I would s till like more free sites thou like DAISUKI, they should take kissanime and the likes and have it under their control (if they already don't).

GoldNautilus said:
my whole post was about pointing to cheaper alternatives to discs and figures

Hence my collectors comment, selling it for less and only couple thousand people buy it is absolutely pointless, they have tried lowing sales but not enough people buy either way.
Jun 28, 2016 9:42 AM

May 2014
Anime piracy only happens outside of Japan. You know why, because they refuse to make it available to people outside of Japan on their own, so subbers and dubbers make content so we can all watch. I've been a CR sub for a while, but for shows CR doesn't cover I'm forced to use free stream sites.
Jun 28, 2016 6:53 PM

Jun 2007
Ahoy_NATO said:
Anime piracy only happens outside of Japan. You know why, because they refuse to make it available to people outside of Japan on their own, so subbers and dubbers make content so we can all watch.
Right. Who do you think is uploading all the TV transport streams, DVD .isos, and BDMVs that the subbing/ripping scene uses, and uploading/downloading all the RAW files? Pirates in Japan, that's who. Why do Japanese companies need to make it available to people outside of Japan on their own, when other companies are willing to pay them for the rights to distribute in other areas, and do the necessary localization work themselves? And I wasn't aware that dubbing was considered piracy, not counting downloaded and illegally streamed rips of dubbed content. Outside of ~750 viewers on YouTube, who actually watches fandubs?

ichii_1 said:
disk sales was always for the niche hardcore collectors, not everyone can pay $60 for 2 ep.
And not everyone lives in Japan, where those prices are actually a thing. Surely $55 for 13 episodes is considerably more affordable.
Jun 28, 2016 8:34 PM

Aug 2015
Well, people who illegally stream probably won't even watch the anime if they can't

If anything, people who stream anime would at least buy merchs

I went all the way to my country's capital just to go on a shopping spree on a store that sells anime stuff

The majority of stuff aren't available in my country. only around 2-4% so ofc, only a few stores actually cater to anime fans. I wouldn't go that far for anime stuff if I had a choice lol
Jun 28, 2016 8:40 PM

Aug 2015
GoldNautilus said:

I went through the trouble of convincing my parents to go to MOA just so I can go buy some merch

Was it worth it? definitely

The mousepad alone, even without the picture is already great because of how relaxing the shape is for your hand
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - May 2

68 by spiritgun01 »»
6 minutes ago

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 45 minutes ago

9 by FanofAction »»
17 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3

707supremacist - 3 hours ago

25 by BitChilly »»
21 minutes ago

» What Studio have you completed the most Anime from? ( 1 2 3 )

ryo-san - Jun 9, 2023

117 by Daviljoe193 »»
21 minutes ago

» Upcoming anime which might touch No.1 ranking on MAL (Prediction) ( 1 2 )

ZXEAN - Mar 27

52 by Synkiiz »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.