Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that have great role for their supporting characters

New
Mar 27, 2016 11:26 PM

Jan 2014
I think one of the category of good anime is how well they can give a good role of supporting characters. Even some minor side characters have their own contribution towards the story, and we didn't feel annoyed when we saw them. Top rated anime like FMAB and HxH done this, how they can build role to some unimportant Chimeras or Chimera Ants. Another good example of sport anime is Haikyuu that wasn't typical of 'Superman in one team' like Kuroko no Basket instead of 'Superteam'. So what anime that have great role for their supporting characters ?

Mar 27, 2016 11:40 PM

Oct 2014
In Berserk many of the seemingly unimportant characters are given backstories. In Yama no Susume even some of the background characters have personalities.
Mar 28, 2016 12:14 AM

Oct 2012
I am gonna say witch craft works. IMO, i feel the side characters is what makes this anime interesting.
Mar 28, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
Bleach. To a point when the supporting characters became even more important than our main characters.

And basically shonens with a large cast tend to give some importance to their supporting characters during some moments of the series.

More topics from this board

» Successor to "Isekai"

NostalgiaDrive94 - 3 hours ago

11 by Lampblasted »»
5 minutes ago

» Would you allow an anime robot resembling an attractive human female to take your virginity?

TsutanaiFuun - 1 hour ago

12 by Coaghim »»
6 minutes ago

» What is the least importan aspect of an anime?

Spunkert - May 11

21 by Rinrinka »»
33 minutes ago

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - 11 hours ago

18 by Rinrinka »»
35 minutes ago

» What do you wish to see ??

Lion_Sin - 2 hours ago

10 by JessicaKari »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.