Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2016 4:49 PM

Oct 2015
The ratings are down from 7.84 to 7.80, what's going on about it? (I know that show (even Gundam franchise) isn't popular in MAL but I'm curious)
Mar 7, 2016 5:36 PM
Sep 2014
wow didn't realize it's rating was even that high!

as to your original question. . . idk

:)
Mar 7, 2016 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
Cause the show isnt particularly consistent and has a few drops in quality mainly in the 2nd half. It'll probably stay that score when the show finishes airing which will actually be pretty high by tv gundam series on here

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 7, 2016 9:26 PM

Oct 2007
JizzyHitler said:
Cause the show isnt particularly consistent and has a few drops in quality mainly in the 2nd half. It'll probably stay that score when the show finishes airing which will actually be pretty high by tv gundam series on here

Considering how MAL and Western fans usually react to Gundam nowadays it might as well be a couple points higher. Mostly just used to always hearing about how fundamentally flawed to the core every Gundam show is and them having lower viewerships as well as low scores. I seriously just think Sunrise should give up on trying to make Gundam popular in North America since people simply aren't the slightest bit interested. Just focus on Japan, South East Asia and maybe some parts of South America and Europe and I'm sure it'll go a lot better.
Mar 7, 2016 9:28 PM
Dec 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
JizzyHitler said:

Considering how MAL and Western fans usually react to Gundam nowadays it might as well be a couple points higher. Mostly just used to always hearing about how fundamentally flawed to the core every Gundam show is and them having lower viewerships as well as low scores. I seriously just think Sunrise should give up on trying to make Gundam popular in North America since people simply aren't the slightest bit interested. Just focus on Japan, South East Asia and maybe some parts of South America and Europe and I'm sure it'll go a lot better.
I think the issue is those people don't even try Gundam I mean look at the review Chibi he Never watched Gundam now after watching IBO he loves it
Mar 7, 2016 9:29 PM

Oct 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
JizzyHitler said:

Gundam is already popular in Japan anyway, but other regions than North America is good idea, though.
Mar 7, 2016 9:38 PM
Dec 2014
Dasuttebayo said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Gundam is already popular in Japan anyway, but other regions than North America is good idea, though.
I feel North america should be given a chances there is a fan-base for Gundam here they just need to try :(
Mar 10, 2016 12:27 PM
Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
JizzyHitler said:

This series is getting decent recognition in the west though. its just heavily overshadowed by whatever top series that is airing every season. It doesn't help that sunrise is fucking bad at commercializing their products beyond japan. besides Gunpla is slowly creeping up in regular stores again, its showing there is consumer base for gundam here.
Mar 11, 2016 12:46 AM

Oct 2007
lord23 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I think the issue is those people don't even try Gundam I mean look at the review Chibi he Never watched Gundam now after watching IBO he loves it

That's cause they don't. It took cramming a whole bunch of overhyped staffers into a clusterfuck like Aldnoah/Zero to even get people to put their major biases against mecha aside for a second to even give a show a chance and now they have even more generalizations that they are all like that one.

Realistically though IBO seems like the first one since 00 that could really serve as a gateway, particularly because they picked a director/writer duo that is relevant and that deal with the sort of subject matter in other shows that is popular these days.

Gunnisberg said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

This series is getting decent recognition in the west though. its just heavily overshadowed by whatever top series that is airing every season. It doesn't help that sunrise is fucking bad at commercializing their products beyond japan. besides Gunpla is slowly creeping up in regular stores again, its showing there is consumer base for gundam here.

I'd say they've gotten slightly better but are still absolutely dreadful at it. They have all the resources they'd ever need to show people what it's actually like but prefer to put up barriers and do weird shit with their streaming like suddenly switch even the English subtitled version on youtube to Japan only. They seem to think it can market itself outside Japan and South East Asia which is definitely not the case when so many people are insanely biased against the mecha genre.
PeacingOutMar 11, 2016 12:50 AM
Mar 11, 2016 10:42 AM
Dec 2014
[quote=Kaioshin_Sama message=45130477][quote=lord23 message=45085343][quote=Kaioshin_Sama message=45085331][quote=JizzyHitler message=45084540]
[quote=Gunnisberg message=45122355][quote=Kaioshin_Sama message=45085331]
JizzyHitler said:

I'd say they've gotten slightly better but are still absolutely dreadful at it. They have all the resources they'd ever need to show people what it's actually like but prefer to put up barriers and do weird shit with their streaming like suddenly switch even the English subtitled version on youtube to Japan only. They seem to think it can market itself outside Japan and South East Asia which is definitely not the case when so many people are insanely biased against the mecha genre.
well Daisuki as streaming site is really good ( everything on that site is for free so I think people should start using it ) and the fact that its legal is even better :)
Mar 12, 2016 2:18 AM

Mar 2015
I think this rating (7.80) is fair for this series. I wouldn't mind it going up a bit but as things stand, it's not bad. I certaintly think that this is one of the best animes airing right now. Frankly, I'm enjoying it more than Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, which has 9.13 score.
Mar 13, 2016 3:39 PM
Dec 2014
BliuBliu said:
I think this rating (7.80) is fair for this series. I wouldn't mind it going up a bit but as things stand, it's not bad. I certaintly think that this is one of the best animes airing right now. Frankly, I'm enjoying it more than Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, which has 9.13 score.
Yeah its one of the few that really good :)
Mar 20, 2016 4:56 AM

Jun 2014
Well there are always people who don't appreciate greatness. That GUNDAM is amazing, it is almost on PAR will 00. Some people just want action all the time. They don't appreciate the time this show gives for character development.
Mar 20, 2016 8:30 AM

Mar 2014
Gundam shows are never really rated very highly on MAL, I mean even something like Zeta is only barely above 8

The search function won't let me check but does anyone know what the highest rated Gundam show is on MAL?I think it's 08th MS Team with an 8.15 rating
Mar 20, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
LauraBirdie said:
The search function won't let me check but does anyone know what the highest rated Gundam show is on MAL?I think it's 08th MS Team with an 8.15 rating

Pretty sure it's Gundam Unicorn

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6336/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Unicorn
Mar 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Oct 2007
LauraBirdie said:
Gundam shows are never really rated very highly on MAL, I mean even something like Zeta is only barely above 8

It's gonna be Unicorn cause it's the most recent one with hype elements like Sawano to it. Also Zeta Gundam is over 30 years old. A hype driven community like MAL will barely have seen it let alone rate it highly cause dude where's my hype
Mar 20, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
Valkata said:
Well there are always people who don't appreciate greatness. That GUNDAM is amazing, it is almost on PAR will 00. Some people just want action all the time. They don't appreciate the time this show gives for character development.

Most Gundam's aren't that though so they're in the wrong genre/frame of mind. Better of with Aldnoah.Zero cliche as it is to say cause that's basically what that show is. Anyway if this show had been written by Urobuchi instead like was suspected before it aired it's viewership numbers and overall rating would probably be several times what they are now and at least a point higher respectively cause he's hype.
Mar 20, 2016 1:19 PM

May 2012
The show is not bad, but it is insanely overrated. Schwarzesmarken which is airing in this season is by far by more entertaining to watch despite the low score

Also, other Gundamn series like Gundam: The Origin and Thunderbolt are also much better (I have only watched one ep of thunderbolt but it is already better than any ep I;ve seen Iron blood orphan)

KING_Solomon16 said:
the rantings went down again ? seriously whats with the Gundam hate in MAL ? the episode hasn't even aired.

I don't see how gundamn is hated when this average anime is rated 7.8

Gundam: The Origin is rated 8.29 and it deserve this score unlike this anime.
Mar 20, 2016 9:57 PM
Dec 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Valkata said:

Most Gundam's aren't that though so they're in the wrong genre/frame of mind. Better of with Aldnoah.Zero cliche as it is to say cause that's basically what that show is. Anyway if this show had been written by Urobuchi instead like was suspected before it aired it's viewership numbers and overall rating would probably be several times what they are now and at least a point higher respectively cause he's hype.
if Urobuchi is in charge of season 2 I don't think my feels could take it >_<
Mar 24, 2016 3:49 AM
Feb 2009
The problem with rating is that this is a more mature show. Because of this people who will like it tend to be more honest with ratings. Not giving 9 or 10 to everything. Rating near 8 for this kind of show is not actually bad at all. It's not bad but nothing like top20 candidate.

The problem is younger fans who are more likely to rate everything 9-10. This makes the shows they like have higher averages even if like/dislike ratio is the same.
Mar 25, 2016 11:05 AM

Oct 2015
In addition (srry slight OOT), this Gundam Show (IBO) are unable to reach more than 50k users on myanimelist, not only MAL doesn't care very much about Gundam franchise, you know Gundam AGE (and Seed destiny) that ruined Gundam popularity on west?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.