Forum Settings
Forums

Minigame v16: K-On! - Frills and Thrills [GAME END - HTT WIN]

New
Feb 22, 2016 3:06 PM

Aug 2014

Host: PentaFlare | Co-Host: Chione

Summer break has begun again. As is tradition, the Light Music Club is holding a training camp. However, when the girls arrive at the vacation home, something feels off. They are used to arriving to a spotless house, with nothing even slightly out of place. Compared to that kind of perfection, it would be impossible not to notice it. A crooked picture here, an off center vase there. Something, or someone has been through here, and very recently...

Gameplay:

1. The game will consist of alternating day and night phases. The game will start on a day phase, which will be 48 hours long. All consecutive phases will last only 24 hours.
  2. During the day phase, players will vote for a player they wish to be banished. The player with the most votes will be banished from the vacation home, removing them from the game. A tie vote will result in no banishment.
  3. If a strict majority of votes is achieved (>50%), the vote will be locked. No further vote changes will be counted.
  4. The kidnappers will be invited to a secret club where they can discuss their plans away from prying eyes.
  5. During the night phase, players with night abilities will PM their actions to the host. The kidnappers will congregate in the secret club to decide upon their target.
  6. Phase changes will take place at 8PM Eastern Standard Time.

Rules:

1. External Communication (PMs, Skype, IRC, SRS, etc.) is strictly prohibited
  2. Do not, under any circumstances, screenshot or copy images from PMs sent to you by the host. Doing so will result in an immediate mod-kill
  3. Play to your win condition
  4. No ad hominem attacks
  5. Follow all club guidelines
  6. If you have any questions, please contact the host

Roles:

Players:
1. @SoulEaterQUEEN
2. @Dr_Iss
3. @Lamby
4. @Arrisu
5. @LucianRoy
6. @indipindy16
7. @Cody
PentaFlareFeb 26, 2016 7:29 PM
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 22, 2016 3:06 PM

Aug 2014
Vote Count

indipindy16 (2): SoulEaterQUEEN, Dr_Iss
Dr_Iss (2): Arrisu, indipindy16
Players Not Voting (1): LucianRoy

Previous Vote Counts: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 (Locked)
PentaFlareFeb 26, 2016 5:38 AM
Feb 22, 2016 5:00 PM

Aug 2014
Feb 22, 2016 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
Hey Everyone~
Feb 22, 2016 5:01 PM

Apr 2012
Vote: Arrisu
Feb 22, 2016 5:03 PM

Nov 2013
This this will be my first game with locked lynch votes. I'm a bit hesitant to throw around pressure lynches given that it could mean a player's death.
Can I get any free advice on this?
Or I will just figure it as the game goes on
vote: indipindy16
SoulEaterQUEENFeb 22, 2016 5:07 PM
Feb 22, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2012
@PentaFlare
Can Tsumugi (Doc) pick the same player multiple times?
Feb 22, 2016 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:
taht night

Asunyan=Pentaflare confirmed.

Vote: CC
You still a slave to that Day 1 actin' scummy meta?

From my first impression, I the think the setup favors town. The mafia are definitely at a disadvantage with their role-blocking capabilities since it can't occur in the same night as their factional kill, (plus they're one-shot, so meh). There's practically no fear for being roleblocked tonight for any town power-roles because that would literally be the dumbest play from scum. *numbers* *numbers* We kill one scum today, and it's definitely town's game, (if we aren't total screw-ups). We kill one scum tomorrow, and it's probably town's game. We have a better chance of doing it tomorrow because town PRs, but if we fail to lynch scum today, that'll send us into MYLO tomorrow. With the likeliness that we'll lynch scum tomorrow, I'm not too concerned. All we have to do is hope we aren't dumb and lynch our PRs, (*cough* and I strongly recommend the first misdirected train on a PR provokes a claim from that individual before we hammer *cough* because doctors *cough* unless you are the doctor *cough* then make up some BS or weasel your way out of it *cough*).

Pardon my bout of pneumonia, but I just realised that the scum barely got a chance to discuss strategy in the pre-game. We have yet another advantage as town.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Feb 22, 2016 5:10 PM

Aug 2014
Cody said:
@PentaFlare

Yes.

LucianRoy said:
PentaFlare said:
taht night

I'm leaving that like it is. Too funny.

LucianRoy said:
The mafia are definitely at a disadvantage with their role-blocking capabilities since it can't occur in the same night as their factional kill, (plus they're one-shot, so meh).

The roleblock and factional kill can occur on the same night. Where did you interpret this differently? I might need to change the wording.
Feb 22, 2016 5:10 PM

Aug 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
This this will be my first game with locked lynch votes. I'm a bit hesitant to throw around pressure lynches given that it could mean a player's death.

Before the lynch determining vote is cast, the player who intends to vote the lynchee should state that they at least intend to hammer he or she. This is usually done with some kind of compelling post outlining all the reasons they want to vote them/find them scummy for. The lynchee can respond, defend, claim, or just not do anything and die.
Feb 22, 2016 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:
LucianRoy said:
The mafia are definitely at a disadvantage with their role-blocking capabilities since it can't occur in the same night as their factional kill, (plus they're one-shot, so meh).

The roleblock and factional kill can occur on the same night. Where did you interpret this differently? I might need to change the wording.

Whoops, I can't read again.
Feb 22, 2016 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
PentaFlare said:
Cody said:
@PentaFlare

Yes.

LucianRoy said:

I'm leaving that like it is. Too funny.

LucianRoy said:

I just looked it up too, and I assumed both can happen in the same night.
Feb 22, 2016 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
As long as town PRs are confident in their abilities to mask themselves, we should keep scum in the dark for just this one night, (it's probably the best course of action for them to use it sooner rather than later).

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

Before the lynch determining vote is cast, the player who intends to vote the lynchee should state that they at least intend to hammer he or she. This is usually done with some kind of compelling post outlining all the reasons they want to vote them/find them scummy for. The lynchee can respond, defend, claim, or just not do anything and die.

So basically this game is like town of salem then, lol.
Putting players on "trial" and deciding they are guilty or not.

May 2013
Vote: SoulEaterQUEEN

For some reason..I feel the urge to vote you :3
Feb 22, 2016 5:15 PM

Apr 2012
LucianRoy said:
Vote: CC
You still a slave to that Day 1 actin' scummy meta?

Nah man. I don't want to risk a mislynch with these odds.
Feb 22, 2016 5:15 PM

Nov 2013
Dr_Iss said:

It wouldn't be the same if you didn't <3
Feb 22, 2016 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

Sure. I played ToS maybe once, but I guess connections can be drawn.
this is actually the old fashioned way of lynching. the club just doesn't see this implemented as much for reasons unknown to even myself.
Feb 22, 2016 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

Sometimes I think one is scummy because they try too hard to be compelling though. It's almost as if they have more pieces on the table than everyone else. Oh the curse of scepticism, and non-conformity within town.
Feb 22, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
I've never played a mini-game with this amount players. How are D1s supposed to work? Same as a full game? We have less margin for error, right?
Feb 22, 2016 5:21 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

Sure. I played ToS maybe once, but I guess connections can be drawn.
this is actually the old fashioned way of lynching. the club just doesn't see this implemented as much for reasons unknown to even myself.

I'm good with this approach, I don't really want to throw votes everywhere, and have Mr. Scum pull out a knife on the lynch train.
So I think by going with this, I will revoke my vote before I go to bed incase people manipulate time zones against me, and have a trial at night without me.
Just incase people are following my votes, and think I banged my head before playing this game~
Feb 22, 2016 5:23 PM

May 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
LucianRoy said:

I don't know what is this.. O_O
What is town of salem anyway? some kind of previous minigames?
Feb 22, 2016 5:23 PM

Nov 2013
Cody said:
I've never played a mini-game with this amount players. How are D1s supposed to work? Same as a full game? We have less margin for error, right?

I think a lynch should still happen regardless the size, but I think we just need to be careful about it.
So I'm not believing in anyone's "gut" feeling in day 1 (sorry).
Feb 22, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2013
Dr_Iss said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

I don't know what is this.. O_O
What is town of salem anyway? some kind of previous minigames?

It's a browser mafia game, takes like 20 mins to play. We have a skype group that plays together sometimes (you should join Doc). But it's just how the day phase lynching works in that game. I like the organization better than chaotic lynching, and accusing each other tbh, I'm sure @Arrisu can back me up on this view. Town benefits from organization, rather than chaos (but not organization with eyes closed of course).
Feb 22, 2016 5:25 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like I forgot to specify what will happen in the case of a tie. If the phase ends with two or more players tied for the most votes, no banishment will occur.
Feb 22, 2016 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
Cody said:

Only a little. If we mislynch today, we're in MYLO tomorrow. I'm just confident that our PRs aren't inept enough to allow MYLO to occur without some upper-hand on town's side.

Unvote

Dr_Iss said:

Is this just gut?
Vote: Dr_Iss
Feb 22, 2016 5:27 PM

Sep 2012
Cody said:
I am mafia. Srs guys
Lynch me if you can
Feb 22, 2016 5:29 PM

Nov 2013
P.S. since I haven't really played with some of you before. I don't mind anyone asking me questions directly. But I prefer questions before assumptions, I never really spent time reading "mafiascum wiki" (err whatever it's called) so none of the official theories/common playstyle references means anything to me.
Feb 22, 2016 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
I remember that game. lol.
Feb 22, 2016 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
But which game was it? Dragon Ballz?
Feb 22, 2016 5:31 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
Cody said:

Only a little. If we mislynch today, we're in MYLO tomorrow. I'm just confident that our PRs aren't inept enough to allow MYLO to occur without some upper-hand on town's side.

Unvote

Dr_Iss said:

Is this just gut?

PRs are distributed randomly though~ so this will depend on the player/luck compatibility.
Feb 22, 2016 5:32 PM

Dec 2015
@SoulEaterQUEEN - If you mean that town needs to work as a team, then yes. Town needs that kind of organization. Though sometimes creating a little chaos can be helpful for town as well. Like when @Dr_Iss was on a huge lynch train during the lovers game, which then bounced back to Rei.

So majority vote is 4/7, right?
Feb 22, 2016 5:32 PM

Aug 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
P.S. since I haven't really played with some of you before. I don't mind anyone asking me questions directly. But I prefer questions before assumptions, I never really spent time reading "mafiascum wiki" (err whatever it's called) so none of the official theories/common playstyle references means anything to me.

If there's any uncertainty, ask and you shall receive.
Feb 22, 2016 5:33 PM

Sep 2012
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Cody said:

I think a lynch should still happen regardless the size, but I think we just need to be careful about it.
So I'm not believing in anyone's "gut" feeling in day 1 (sorry).

Not believing in gut feelings.... voting yo ass would no longer be a gut feeling then :S
Feb 22, 2016 5:34 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
Cody said:

Unvote

Dr_Iss said:

Is this just gut?

Don't put too much stock into Dr_Iss lynch on me. He has bit of a pattern, before he met me his automatic day 1 lynch was Rinto-kun, and now he chooses me because he thinks I'm always scum.
Now if the doc leaves me on lynch without good reasoning, then gun him down.

@Dr_Iss
Do you have any approaches for day 1 lynching you'd like to share with us?
Feb 22, 2016 5:34 PM

May 2013
LucianRoy said:
Cody said:

Unvote

Dr_Iss said:

Is this just gut?
I never played mini games before.. So, i just thought that the concept of the voting on DP1 is the same as the main mafia game.. or is it different.?

And for your information, there's no deep meaning behind my vote,, that's only a joke only Soul and myself know :D ,or maybe some people that watched us XD, here, it was only a joke, and i can change it later because so far i only know the concept of main game, not mini games with only a few players-->
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Dr_Iss said:

Feb 22, 2016 5:35 PM

Nov 2013
Arrisu said:
@SoulEaterQUEEN - If you mean that town needs to work as a team, then yes. Town needs that kind of organization. Though sometimes creating a little chaos can be helpful for town as well. Like when @Dr_Iss was on a huge lynch train during the lovers game, which then bounced back to Rei.

So majority vote is 4/7, right?

Yes, basically. But chaos as in uniformed chaos though with the pressure lynching.
Oh that Rei, I wish I could lynch him 10 times over again <//3
Feb 22, 2016 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
LucianRoy said:

Ballz?
But nah, DxD.
Had fun in that one, I had a 10% to backfire as doc and kill my target and just chose someone I assumed to be scum koz I know how my relationship with RNG is and got a kill N1.
Feb 22, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
Dr_Iss said:
LucianRoy said:

Unvote

Is this just gut?
I never played mini games before.. So, i just thought that the concept of the voting on DP1 is the same as the main mafia game.. or is it different.?

And for your information, there's no deep meaning behind my vote,, that's only a joke only Soul and myself know :D ,or maybe some people that watched us XD, here, it was only a joke, and i can change it later because so far i only know the concept of main game, not mini games with only a few players-->
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

Just be careful that once 4 votes on one person come into play, those votes are locked and they get lynched. So making lynch trains is serious business this time around.
Feb 22, 2016 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
LucianRoy said:

Unvote

Is this just gut?

PRs are distributed randomly though~ so this will depend on the player/luck compatibility.

I know, but only a total doofus would let us get into day two without at least maybe a town-conf, or even a scum investigation. Maybe even a successful save in the night, but that would be asking a lot from the doctor. With all of these town PRs in such a small game, it'd be really hard for us to go into day two without an informative, or even a physical upper-hand.
Feb 22, 2016 5:41 PM

May 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Don't put too much stock into Dr_Iss lynch on me. He has bit of a pattern, before he met me his automatic day 1 lynch was Rinto-kun, and now he chooses me because he thinks I'm always scum.

@Dr_Iss
This is true, I just found it amusing to vote Rinto..hehe,because he is my friend at a game on the other club..
And wow, I have no idea that you serious about stalked me this whole time :O
Feb 22, 2016 5:42 PM

Sep 2012
Hopefully back within a few hours I need to get shit packed and all that shit so I can get on my way home and out of here.

Vote: Cody
For being scum and asking to be lynched, I still owe you.
Feb 22, 2016 5:42 PM

Aug 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
LucianRoy said:

Unvote

Is this just gut?

@Dr_Iss

Idk what to make of this atm, so I'm making a note of it right now.
Is this just subtle defense?
Is there any actual support to this meta?
Why not return fire on Iss for his bad vote on you?
Feb 22, 2016 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Lamby said:
LucianRoy said:

Ballz?
But nah, DxD.
Had fun in that one, I had a 10% to backfire as doc and kill my target and just chose someone I assumed to be scum koz I know how my relationship with RNG is and got a kill N1.

Ohhh yeah, now I remember. That was mafiahost's game.
host come back plz
Feb 22, 2016 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
Like, I've seen too many scum pass off the "oh, ha ha, lol, I'll vote my buddy over here" card to actually buy these interactions anymore.
Classic scum-entrance to a game for when they have no idea on who to vote.
Feb 22, 2016 5:48 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

I know, but only a total doofus would let us get into day two without at least maybe a town-conf, or even a scum investigation. Maybe even a successful save in the night, but that would be asking a lot from the doctor. With all of these town PRs in such a small game, it'd be really hard for us to go into day two without an informative, or even a physical upper-hand.

Hmmm, the only problem is the high risk associated with this. If someone claiming cop, being the fake mafia, or someone being the actual cop, then the doctor has a lot of pressure to keep protecting the fake/real cop - cop is great mafia breakfast... So when would it ever be good for the cop to come forward before during a lynching, or before it?
Feb 22, 2016 5:49 PM

Nov 2013
Dr_Iss said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

@Dr_Iss
This is true, I just found it amusing to vote Rinto..hehe,because he is my friend at a game on the other club..
And wow, I have no idea that you serious about stalked me this whole time :O

I didn't stalk, I observed you in another game thread - I think it was in Rokka actually?
Feb 22, 2016 5:52 PM

Apr 2012
How bad could massclaiming be with this set-up?
Narrows the targets down to 4. We also have the chance of 2 investigations or 2 doc invites in one night versus their rb and nightkill.

Lamby said:
Cody said:
I am mafia. Srs guys
Lynch me if you can

Lamby said:
Vote: Cody
For being scum and asking to be lynched, I still owe you.

Was I even maf in that game?
SwimminglyDoneFeb 22, 2016 5:55 PM
Feb 22, 2016 5:53 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

@Dr_Iss

Idk what to make of this atm, so I'm making a note of it right now.
Is this just subtle defense?
Is there any actual support to this meta?
Why not return fire on Iss for his bad vote on you?

OMGus = stupid play, I know that much even though I don't really read the common theory. His vote felt innocent to me maybe because this was a common play he's made for the past couple of games (did he actually not do this while we were mafia together?? I can't remember) so I don't really suspect anything different about his meta yet. This one doesn't have a lot to say in the beginning because he likes to observe, but he is perceptive so he's one I like to keep an eye during the course of the game, personally.
Feb 22, 2016 5:53 PM

May 2013
LucianRoy said:
Like, I've seen too many scum pass off the "oh, ha ha, lol, I'll vote my buddy over here" card to actually buy these interactions anymore.
Classic scum-entrance to a game for when they have no idea on who to vote.
If you are referring to me, well, of course i have no idea on who to vote.. Not like the kidnappers that maybe already planning their scheme.. that's why i open to change my vote later, since my mind still on the main game concept.. so i still need some time to adapt in this mini game..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.