Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 5, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
After having gone through several bad, to painfully mediocre, to just OK anime, I need something great to watch again. Please help me, dear MALers.

-Not longer than 26 episodes.
-Preferably not more than 10 years old (lol, I know).
-Visually pleasing. I prefer something that looks colourful over lots of dull shades and black. Also, no Powerpoint slideshow animation, please.
-Memorable OST.
-Likeable main cast.
-Something that can put a smile on my face, something that is positive/uplifting/inspirational/motivational (like TTGL or Fairy Tail).
-If there are battles, they need to matter and be awesome.
-Preferably no main focus on romance, though it's okay as sub-plot if done well.
-No hentai/yaoi/yuri/Boku no Pico (seriously, don't even...)

Favourite genres:
Shounen, Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic
Feb 5, 2016 2:07 PM
Dec 2015
Have you ever tried to watch blood lad? It is very colorful and pleasant, though you'll probably want to end up checking the original source later....
Feb 5, 2016 2:55 PM

Feb 2014
Michiko to Hatchin.

It fits literally all the criteria, and I happen to think it's a genuinely great but direly underrated anime. The soundtrack's arranged by the director of Cowboy Bebop and the story is really uplifting, it kinda feels like a gritty ghetto version of a Ghibli movie.
Feb 5, 2016 3:06 PM

May 2015
Alright pal I'll hook you up. The ones with an * next to them I strongly suggest.

*Death Parade*, Psycho pass, *Baccano*, Eureka seven, *Mushi-shi*, *Natsume Yuujinchou*, Magi, and *Shigatsu wa kimi no uso*
。 🐑 𝒩𝑒𝑒𝒹𝓈 𝓈🍩𝓂𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉 🐑 。
Feb 5, 2016 8:22 PM

May 2012
I'll suggest Dennou Coil and suggest that you don't dismiss it just because it has a cast of children. It fits pretty much all your criteria.
Feb 5, 2016 9:29 PM
Feb 2014
Looking for something Uplifting? Watch "Your lie in April" it's amazing! **Has romance but it's not 100% the main focus, and for the battles they are a fight to who can play the best classical piano piece! :D**
Feb 5, 2016 10:04 PM

Sep 2014
There are no actual Greats that short, so I'm guessing you just mean great as in just a quality/awesome anime, and not the Greats.

Spice and Wolf(don't mind the romance tag that these database sites slap onto it, because It's not a romance anime)

Pandora Hearts(probally wont leave a smile on your face, but this episode cap of yours, makes it very hard, then combine that with the year restriction. Well anyway it is a pretty damn good anime, so by all means, watch it)

Moribito Guardian of the Spirit

The Third

Busou Renkin

Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Hero Tales

Those are really all that comes to mind atm.
Feb 6, 2016 1:57 AM

Jul 2014
Try out
Beelzebub, Samurai Champloo, Nanatsu no Taizai
Feb 6, 2016 7:55 AM

Jan 2016
Anohana
Grisaia No Kajitsu
Death Parade
Rakudai kishi no cavalry
Feb 7, 2016 2:49 AM

Feb 2015
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be checking a few of them. :)

More topics from this board

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - May 3

12 by berkcan4you »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for trash anime

Ashik01 - May 8

11 by Razzazii »»
2 hours ago

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - Yesterday

6 by mo_lave »»
5 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

9 by WitherThrakh »»
6 hours ago

» ROMANCE, ROMANCE, ROMANCE!

Maryie - Apr 10, 2019

12 by Af2zl »»
Today, 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.