Forum Settings
Forums

What is the relationship between the Knights of Sidonia manga and the Blame! manga?

Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 22, 2016 5:47 PM
Nov 2014
Can someone clarify this for me. What is the relationship between the Knights of Sidonia manga and the Blame! manga. I know they are written by the same author, but don't understand how Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine anime is an adaptation of both manga. How can two different manga be adapted into one anime. Unless one is a continuation of the other.

Jan 22, 2016 5:52 PM

Feb 2013
http://www.afachan.asia/2014/12/anime-blame-animated-short-within-knights-sidonia-s2/

Blame! is based on Tsutomu Nihei‘s sci-fi action manga and will be featured as an anime within an anime. The anime will air within Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine, the second season of Knights of Sidonia.

not sure if it's actually there tho.. but im sure if it did, it also shows up in the episode's discussions
Jan 22, 2016 5:53 PM

Aug 2014
Didn't know they listed it like that. Shitty pedantry, I think. I don't remember exactly how it went, but basically one episode of Sidonia has the characters watching Blame on TV, no more than a few seconds.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 22, 2016 6:05 PM
Nov 2014
@romagia and @QuattroVaginas thanks for the clarification. I was confused because I planned to watch knight of sidonia and read blame
Jan 22, 2016 6:29 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Jan 25, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2012
In the Sidonia no Kishi manga they don't watch BLAME! but just some Nihei-esque characters (more akin to Biomega).

But in Polygon Pictures' anime adaptation of Knights of Sidonia, they DO watch Blame! for like 1 minute. (it was more like a commercial than a real adaptation of the manga during that scene lol, welp they DID merge/remove/add scenes in the anime so yeah... Hopefully they'll remake the ending as well when they do make a third final season cause chapter 78's ending sucked ass)

Turns out Polygon Pictures will in fact (probably) be in charge of that Blame! 3D CGI adaptation movie later on (who knows when, they're currently working on another 3D CGI series atm and have yet to finish Sidonia with a third final season...).

Otherwise, outside of names (see below), Sidonia has nothing to do with BLAME!

Relations (in names only) with Nihei's other manga works:

• Graviton Beam Emitter (BLAME!)
  • Gaunas (Abara IIRC)
  • The bear character (Biomega)
  • Toha Heavy Industries (BLAME! and probably Biomega as well (forgot))
  • Cloning, immortality and body modifications: Blame & Biomega
  • and more but I forgot lol. There is a thread about this on another anime/manga website, you could try searching for it

Tl ; dr Nihei LOVES to recycle stuff, not only names but also architecture and character design. THat's what makes you feel you're always reading the same stuff from the same universe. Sometimes it's a giant pain to recognize which character is which though, as they all kinda look the same except for hairstyles (his main character typically looks EXACTLY the same in every manga lol)
HyunckelJan 25, 2016 10:52 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2015

66 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Feb 18, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Vote for your favourite 'girl' of the harem! (end of manga chap 78 spoilers)

Hyunckel - Jan 16, 2016

3 by Ssilver »»
Dec 18, 2022 10:02 AM

Poll: » Knights of Sidonia Chapter 9 Discussion

skualninja - Aug 26, 2012

4 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
Mar 16, 2022 5:47 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Chapter 55 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

3 by FMmatron »»
Nov 12, 2021 6:14 PM

Poll: » Favorite Honoka sibling?

Avvenirista - Feb 19, 2021

2 by Avvenirista »»
Feb 23, 2021 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.