Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2015 1:01 AM

Jun 2011

For those of you who don't know, Pretty Cure will finally be getting a dubbed in the United States via Netflix. They will be dubbing the Smile Precure anime and renaming it Glitter Force. It is set to air December 18 on Netflix, where it will release all fourty episodes (their only dubbing 40)

Unfortunately, the anime isn't going to be a faithful dub, basically changing the names of everyone. For example, Cure Happy is now Glitter Lucky, Cure Peace is Glitter Peace, Cure Sunny is Glitter Sunny, Cure March is Glitter Spring, and Cure Beauty is now Glitter Breeze.

However, despite its changes, I will be watching the anime with my boyfriend as soon as it is aired. I'm quite excited for this dub as well, if its successful will be having a bunch of new Precure fans which is always welcomed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 18, 2015 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
probably not. not because i have rather low expectations of the adaptation or because i already watched the original, but because it's only available on netflix, and getting an account just to watch GF doesn't seem worthwhile. i might watch a few previews or so on Youtube if they become available though.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Dec 18, 2015 11:14 AM

Feb 2011
I might check out some of the dub just for the performances, but other than that I have no reason to watch Glitter Force. Smile Precure is my favorite Precure season and to see it getting this kind of treatment... yeah, no thanks, I'll stick with he japanese version.
Dec 18, 2015 12:09 PM

Nov 2009
I don't have Netflix and have a hatred towards dubs. Sure there are anime with good dubs but I still prefer the original. And I also don't have high expectations for Glitter Force.
Dec 18, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2011
I plan on just watching a few episodes.

Just to see how the characters sound like and what episodes they are showing. Most likely I'm not going to finish it.
Dec 20, 2015 11:27 PM
Aug 2010
(" ̄з ̄) はっぷっぷー

Let's all just watch Smile again instead and be ウルトラ☆ハッピ!
Dec 21, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2011
Completely different replies compared to that of the Pretty Cure forum website.

The dub isn't that bad, its funny and the voices fit the characters perfectly. Of course, the names are annoying to get used too, but its not that bad. The only thing that gives you nightmares is Saban's attempt at copying the ending CG animation of Precure.

All I can say is that I think its going to be a perfect gateway anime for little girls with all ages, and if you yourself have a daughter, cousin, or some annoying kids you have to babysit, I think this is a good show to have them watch. The dub tries its best to stay fateful to Smile Precure's morals after all.
Dec 23, 2015 12:13 PM

Aug 2007
I am watching it. Personally, If i ignore the transformations, and attack (and all parts that have covered with black) its good. Jet, the dub is lame. I am not watching all episodes, just the ones that I like.

For example, I didn't watch the episode where the girls transformed into tiny humans by a posion of Majorina and we discovered Nao is afraid of bugs.
Dec 25, 2015 5:14 PM

Feb 2011
So... I checked out episode 1. I'm not going any further than that. I actually really like the cast, nothing wrong with that... which is why it disappoints me even more that they're voicing an altered version of the show. Even with such a great cast I just can't watch it, it doesn't feel right.

Also, one of my biggest complaints... they changed the music. OP and ED I can understand, that's fine, but taking away Yasuharu Takanashi's BGM... I can't stand that. When I noticed that I kind of already gave up on giving Glitter Force an honest chance.
Dec 25, 2015 5:54 PM

Jun 2011
For those who don't have Netflix, they just uploaded a torrent on Nyaa.
I'll watch just this episode, skiping, to see how it looks like.
Dec 26, 2015 10:49 AM

Nov 2009
Just saw 1 episode, this is really not made for me going to stay away.
Dec 26, 2015 4:55 PM
Oct 2015
I was able to get past the first 7 episodes but I have decided to watch the first 23 eps of Smile and then finish the 20 dubbed eps. I like the ED I have seen, but the BGM is atrocious, I really wish they could have done it better, as the subbed ver has impressed me with the few eps I watched. I don't mind the dub voices at all, except for when they yell "Glitter Bands! Glitter Boots!" , it is really cheesy.
Angi058Dec 26, 2015 5:09 PM
Jan 22, 2016 8:43 AM
Jan 2016
Yes I have it was rather great I mean for me but i'm still 13 all the pretty cures awsome for me right now i'm watching Pretty Cure Max Heart, Fresh Pretty cure, Suite pretty cure, and a bunch I can't name right now actually Glitter force was my first pretty cure anime to watch then I found anime here.com and it has all the Pretty cure I think but sadly not all the movies I think might cry.
Apr 19, 2016 6:10 PM

Jul 2014
MY WTF list:
1. They changed almost all of the names
2. They removed the music
3. Many of the voices are bad
4. The new lines are ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE
5. Multiple episodes are MISSING
6. The ending is straight out of the depths of the uncanny valley

YUP. It's Cringetastic. 0/10

P. S. The original show: 8/10
MasakakiKairiApr 19, 2016 7:06 PM
May 5, 2016 6:14 AM

Oct 2015
MasakakiKairi said:
MY WTF list:

IKR, and this is smile precure, not a new series! It's terrible, terrible, I love smile and hate glitter force!

May 13, 2017 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
I watch Glitter Force because I'm an intellectual.
Jan 18, 2019 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
MasakakiKairi said:
MY WTF list:

I couldn't agree more. After all, it is dubbed by Netflix and Saban. Like current Power Rangers, Saban's sucking at dubbing this too. Also, Glitter Force is kinda of a dumb name to call Pretty Cure, and the Toei english site made the English Precure logos already. Even before 4Kids lost their chance to dub the series (Which is a good thing that they didn't.)
starwarriorrobbyMar 4, 2019 11:51 PM
Mar 9, 2019 3:31 AM

Oct 2007
literally zero chance. I stopped watching any americanized anime long ago.

no amount of peer pressure will make me watch this piece of shit.
Liddo-kunMar 9, 2019 4:46 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: Poll: » 5. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Happiness - Princess Edition]

Lobke - May 8, 2023

4 by Eiko_Carol »»
May 9, 2023 7:29 AM

Sticky: Poll: » 4. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Smile - Dokidoki Edition]

Lobke - Apr 25, 2023

5 by Namu12 »»
Apr 25, 2023 12:06 PM

Sticky: Poll: » 3. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Heartcatch - Suite Edition]

Lobke - Apr 17, 2023

4 by Eiko_Carol »»
Apr 17, 2023 11:31 PM

Sticky: Poll: » 2. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Yes! GoGo! - Fresh Edition]

Lobke - Apr 9, 2023

7 by Purple_Gh0st24 »»
Apr 10, 2023 5:32 PM

Sticky: Poll: » 1. Who is your Favorite Cure? [Max Heart - Splash Star Edition]

Lobke - Apr 1, 2023

7 by MoonBunny9297 »»
Apr 9, 2023 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.