Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 31, 2016 9:43 PM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
I'm impressed that Anohana, essentially a pile of nothing, was able to trick you into thinking it was sad.
lol same

calcyon said:
MortalMelancholy said:
I heard some good things about Shigatsu, but I haven't watched it myself
I'm impressed that Anohana, essentially a pile of nothing, was able to trick you into thinking it was sad.

I guess I get emotional easily over nothing ? Either way, it was one of the first I watched that were not attack on titan or sword art online that had some impact on my feelings.
this man.. IS UNRECOMMENDABLE
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 31, 2016 10:23 PM
Mar 2016
Your lie in April and Clannad:AS are the two most emotional animes I've ever seen. Though both series have a bit weak plot or ambiguous structures compared to the other masterpiece animes (I mean, compared to the level of Gintama series, Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, and so on), it is compensated by the superior levels of feeling they can provide. All other sad animes - Anohana, Angel beats!, 5cm/s, Elfenlied, etc.. - are fairly well-made ones for sure, but none of them was able to touch me like the two mentioned above did.
Jun 1, 2016 9:04 AM
Nov 2015
CyberAnimeLover said:
xEzioAuditore said:
It depends of your definition of sad what sad anime is.
There's a lot of tragic stories in anime. I don't want to spoil but Shigatsu & Ano Hana aren't the only "sad anime" I've watched.
There's:-
- Elfen Lied (Nudity)

Nudity iz sad ? Are you fucking kidding me right now ?

you're the one fucking kidding me he here.
I meant it contains nudity, some sort of warning. But I liked the idea nudity is sad lol.
Jun 3, 2016 1:01 AM

Nov 2013
Nah, mate. They are both quite awful actually and I would hardly call them the "saddest anime ever". But to each their own, I guess.

P.S In Shigatsu, the females are portrayed as abusive, stupid, expendable. Can we PLEASE promote good anime that have more variety in female characters? Maybe even anime that show females as they are - humans.
Jun 3, 2016 1:54 AM

Feb 2016
I read hateful comments on both anime on this thread, and while I agree that they're probably not the saddest anime out there, I would have to disagree saying that they're nothing more than a pile of shit. Shigatsu was definitely not a bad anime at all, in fact it's good. They portray anime characters dealing with a sad truth, or that is yet to come. It talks about moving on, and it shows character motivations behind each of the characters' decisions, actions, strengths and weaknesses, something which justifies the downpour of emotions and feels towards the main characters. The overarching story behind it may not emotionally provoke viewers automatically (unless you're some fragile drama fanatic), but the detailed progression of events, just those individual moments, be it unfortunate or just tear-jerking in its own right enables the viewer to feel even just that tiny pinch in their kokoro. Inclusive of viewers' biases, it may be justified to say that it's only sad just because the viewer was able to relate to the events or the characters themselves, but that collective emotions and sentiments of a pretty good amount of viewers tell you that the anime is actually worthy of appreciation and that a good amount of effort was put into the making of the anime. Objective-wise, the presentation of the story and how the characters go about it tell you that even without a pretty big fandom, the anime was something created not just for the heck of it, but to evoke what it wants from the viewers, in Shigatsu's case, sadness. And please stop complaining how an anime is shit just because it gives a negative stereotype on a certain gender or group of people. Anime is not meant to give judgment, it is meant to give a message. Similarly, Anohana can never be described as a piece of shit just because it uses generic story lines which the average person can see as sad or emotional. I thought people already understood that it's always about the execution and not the concept. And even when people say that the execution of the story was below par, it cannot be given a conclusion that it's not a good sad anime because as far as "average people" are concerned (and that includes me), Anohana definitely touched our hearts in simple individual feel-provoking moments, things that many people can actually relate to. And I don't want someone saying that this,

">Girl apparently died and is now a ghost>people console their friend, hoping he isn't delusional>everyone's sad now",

is shit, because if that particular someone actually watched Anohana and paid attention to what it intends to convey, it's not that kind of logic which makes Anohana sad. But hey, it all depends on people's tastes. It's my opinion made objective as possible (but still included biases).
A retard is trying to prove his point, thanks.
Jun 3, 2016 2:06 AM

Feb 2016
Saddest?
Hmmm
Not really....

bottle said:
I believe Dragon Ball was the saddest one. It's so surreal.
Because of Krillian right? i knew it.
Nov 8, 2020 7:04 PM
May 2014
Watch Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu they are playing drama, so it's the real drama
Nov 8, 2020 8:17 PM

Feb 2019
Oh my god did someone just necro this thread

Well OP just rated School Days a 4 so every opinion OP stated become bullshit
"Rating are for Casul"

"While masterpiece are for Pleb"

"But shit taste is enlightenment"

"Go watch School Days you Weebs"
Nov 8, 2020 8:23 PM

Apr 2020
C lannad did too much to me, I would say its the saddest piece of media i've ever watched..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2020 8:36 PM

Apr 2020
badwolf45f said:
I cried and suffered more with Nana tbh

Agreed. Almost every ep had me in tears.
Nov 8, 2020 11:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Maybe I'm dead inside but neither your lie in april or anohana really moved me at all... that said I may have shed a tear or two during I want to eat your pancreas, and the end of angel beats kind of left me in a wreck... what's sad and what's funny is all pretty subjective at the end of the day anyway

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 8, 2020 11:32 PM

Apr 2020
Well, if you personally liked these two, then good for you that it made you happy from sadness. But for me, Maquia will make you more sad than Shigatsu and Anohana.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - 4 hours ago

4 by SwordBreaker36 »»
35 seconds ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - Yesterday

71 by FanofAction »»
56 seconds ago

» Your favorite anime OP

Goblingaming - 7 minutes ago

1 by Eleben »»
3 minutes ago

» Describe an anime with zoomer language

ZakuF_ - May 1

14 by SwordBreaker36 »»
5 minutes ago

» Opinions on the state of the BL genre? ( 1 2 )

decco6226 - Yesterday

63 by SwordBreaker36 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.