Forum Settings
Forums
New
On a scale from 1-10, how much did your tattoo hurt?
Nov 19, 2015 7:48 AM
Nov 2015
Im really curious about this. Do you have a tattoo? Did it hurt? What did you felt during that process? Some say it feels like scratching, some others say its like a bee is stitching you over and over again...so, tell me
Nov 19, 2015 7:54 AM

Apr 2011
Poke yourself lightly with a needle... It feels like that really fast a bunch of times(cause that's what it is...)

It depends GREATLY on where you get the tattoo. One on your arm/bicep should not hurt very much.
Nov 19, 2015 7:55 AM
Nov 2015
Fintan said:
Poke yourself lightly with a needle... It feels like that really fast a bunch of times(cause that's what it is...)

It depends GREATLY on where you get the tattoo. One on your arm/bicep should not hurt very much.

Really? Im thinking about getting one on my upper arm/biceps...so you say it doesnt hurt a lot?
Nov 19, 2015 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
No I don't have one, but I plan on getting some in the future. Apparently getting them on your spine hurts like a bitch. Or so I've heard
Nov 19, 2015 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
I really depends on where on the body you're getting tattooed. Some places it's like someone is scratching you and it feels almost pleasant, and in other places (especially where there's bone directly underneath the skin) it's pure agony. Depends on how big the tattoo you're getting is as well. You'll have lots of afrenaline in the beginning of the session, which reduces pain. It wears off after a while, you'll notice the difference.
Nov 19, 2015 8:09 AM

Apr 2011
sle91 said:
Fintan said:

Really? Im thinking about getting one on my upper arm/biceps...so you say it doesnt hurt a lot?

Yeah, if that's where you're getting it. It wont hurt very much, unless you're like a complete whimp
Nov 19, 2015 8:11 AM

Apr 2013
my friend bit me when she got one on her wrist
but she has low pain tolerance so idk
Nov 19, 2015 8:22 AM

Apr 2011
So what you gunna get Op?
Nov 19, 2015 8:31 AM
Mar 2011
Back of the neck is the best place to take first tattoo, seriously.
Nov 19, 2015 9:19 AM

May 2013
it's like a really strong ache, just an intense feeling, but once you start there's no stopping so its not that bad. I've gotten tattoos in sensitive areas and actually it doesn't hurt THAT bad.

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 19, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2015
It really depends on where you get the tattoo at, I personally got mine on my back and it wasn't too bad. I have a high pain tolerance though. It felt like little bee stings. Though, if I remember correctly the coloring hurt least because I was numb at that point.
Nov 19, 2015 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
hurt a lot at first but eventually the area goes numb and you don't feel anything. When I got off the table thing I was on there was a sweat imprint of where I was sitting from how much it hurt, maybe I just have a low pain tolerance.
Nov 19, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
depends on where you get it, and it feels like a cat scratching you.
Nov 19, 2015 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
i allways found stinging nettles to be the best comparison. the emotional trouma of realizing you have to walk around with an anime character on your leg for the rest of your life hurts so much more.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Nov 19, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
It stings just a bit, until they start to tattoo above bones where the skin is thin :D
Nov 19, 2015 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Does not hurt at all,though the gum tatoos do come off easily.
Nov 19, 2015 11:06 AM

Dec 2010
I have a pretty high pain tolerance, so my tats didn't hurt at all. Piercings don't do much for me either
It just feels like a constant burning-ish poking sharp pain. If you're sitting in a chair for 2 hours you stop feeling anything after about 30 minutes

The only time it should hurt a lot is in the beginning, if it continues to be agonizing pain after a length of time then you're pussy shit

Nov 19, 2015 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
That is something I never intend to find out.
I don't like tattoos.
Nov 19, 2015 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
i want to get the joan cornella face just above my butt so his eyes kinda peek out when i'm wearing panties, someone tell me this is a bad idea

Nov 20, 2015 4:08 AM

Jan 2013
Rat said:
shotz_ said:
that's a good idea.

I second it.

OT: I have my upper back tattooed. Took 5 meeting of 5 hours to finish. It hurts but far from unbearable...
Tbh I find the 5 hours of laying in the same position the hardest.

Yeah, your muscles go numb. Your tattoo is either real big or real elaborate, mine took around 2 hours.

Protip: Don't get tattooed on the same day you have flight. It's really uncomfortable.
Nov 20, 2015 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
Rat said:
CondemneDio said:

Yeah, your muscles go numb. Your tattoo is either real big or real elaborate, mine took around 2 hours.

Protip: Don't get tattooed on the same day you have flight. It's really uncomfortable.

Both and very colorful.

Well yeah getting hit where your skin is so broken it could have been flayed for all you care is not too fun.

Edit: Oh Flights... Idk I've yet to fly with a fresh tatt.

Sorry, I misspelled. Forgot the "a".
Nov 20, 2015 6:19 AM

Mar 2014
Rat said:
CondemneDio said:

Both and very colorful.

Well yeah getting hit where your skin is so broken it could have been flayed for all you care is not too fun.

Edit: Oh Flights... Idk I've yet to fly with a fresh tatt.

my friend went on a plane i think the day after getting tattoed, his skin dried from the aiconditioning damaging the tattoo and he had to get it fixed up.

about fights (kinda), i once went into the moshpit with a 2 day old tattoo on my leg
(wearing shorts). it a little infected and had te be fixed too cause there was some damage to it when it finaly healed.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Nov 20, 2015 7:58 AM
May 2009
Depends on each person, and where the tattoo is getting placed.
I hear anywhere near bone is more painful

More topics from this board

» WHO THE FUCK IS FUNDING ALL THOSE HERO WARS ADS YOU SEE ON LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE

vasipi4946 - 7 hours ago

9 by DreamWindow »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - 10 hours ago

16 by DreamWindow »»
9 minutes ago

» Gender difference in US intermarriage

Auron_ - Yesterday

20 by Order-Sol »»
12 minutes ago

» Did you ever cut ties with a family member or friend?

Sad - 31 minutes ago

5 by Sad »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in prophecies?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

9 by Serafos »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.