Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2009 10:31 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The end of Video Girl Ai...in the end it's happy ending
7/10 for Video Firl Ai

But MAL said there is 131 chapter o_O meaning Video Girl LEN is included..so let hit it
May 12, 2012 9:31 PM

Feb 2008
Skipped from chapter 44 to 115, and yet I understood everything. Which means that I was right in assuming that nothing of any importance would happen for the rest of the series :/

I suppose I should just be glad that I didn't slog through the entire 116 chapters for this thoroughly average ending.
May 22, 2012 6:16 PM
Nov 2009
jacobpaige said:
Skipped from chapter 44 to 115, and yet I understood everything. Which means that I was right in assuming that nothing of any importance would happen for the rest of the series :/

I suppose I should just be glad that I didn't slog through the entire 116 chapters for this thoroughly average ending.

I was about to give this series a 10 but this ending ruined it for me. It made me feel depressed rather than happy cause of the whole Rolex thing in the last few chapters. Thats not how a lovestory should end!

@Jacobpaige: the chapters between 44 and 115 are really worth reading. If you are an emotional person like me you might even cry...
Aug 15, 2012 12:21 AM

Feb 2010
jacobpaige said:

Same. Picked up the manga where the OVA left off and around 30 concluded that the series had gone from romance to dysfunctional harem. Shame, for it had such a great start too.
May 20, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2009
Ehhh, it's over?

)=
Aug 6, 2014 3:50 AM
Aug 2014
is it a happy ending? [SPOILER] I think you really can't tell if Ai has become human or if it's only in Yotas imagination/picture book
Oct 23, 2015 1:35 PM

Feb 2010
[quote=Firestorm]
jacobpaige said:

@Jacobpaige: the chapters between 44 and 115 are really worth reading. If you are an emotional person like me you might even cry...

The best thing was Moemi's rape and her aftereffects but it was good to read because Moteuchi was the "rapist".

They messed lots of things:
- Moteuchi being (almost) rapist
- Natsumi dissapeared and Moteuchi doesn't care - then he cry at her death (funny)
- almost no info about Gokuraku
- Rolex doesn't "studied" about love in the end
- and more that I forget

btw. what's the purpose of Gokuraku?
Oct 26, 2015 7:47 PM
Jan 2014
Yeah the sci-fi part of the story finished without many answers, but at least they got together in the end.

One thing that I liked is that the beta couple (Moemi x Takashi) didn't end up together. That happens in many stories and in most of them this resource is lame.

At least, I interpreted the ending not as a miracle but it was the device the old man tried to make work before his death that finally activated.
Nov 22, 2015 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
what a pretty awful manga... People eat this shit?
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Oct 28, 2016 10:04 AM

Jan 2013
ybnrmalatall said:
what a pretty awful manga... People eat this shit?
Everyone eats their own shit.
Dec 27, 2017 4:27 AM

Jan 2013
This manga was ugh...

If it wasn't for the ending I'd give this a 4 at best. But Ai did come back (idk how) and they wind up together. So a 6
Apr 25, 2018 7:28 AM
Jan 2017
Geez and I thought the manga would be a lil more clearer than the OVA, but no equally as confusing. I mean i could tell it seemed more happy, however one could argue the end of the OVA did that too. but still I wish there were just blatant rather than vague, still 9/10
May 15, 2018 4:41 PM

Dec 2009
The part of the manga that the OVA covered was awesome, but then it just tanked. The ending was sweet and cute though, I guess I'm not too mad.
Sep 3, 2020 9:01 PM
Sep 2020
[quote=Wannabiteme message=42789686]
Firestorm said:
jacobpaige said:

The best thing was Moemi's rape and her aftereffects but it was good to read because Moteuchi was the "rapist".

- Natsumi dissapeared and Moteuchi doesn't care - then he cry at her death (funny)
- and more that I forget

From your conclusion could i say that was rape when Ai pressed her nude breast against Yota's back without his consent? also she harassed him into bathing with her and many other stuff. But my point is, why do you believe he was almost rapist? cuz he trew Ai at the bed believing that the love connection he had to have with her was "making love" and he was eager to make her human asap. Or is it because Ai said that "what he was trying to do was rape" to him? imo she was only kinda messing with him and trynd to make him give up. But if he continued making moves after what she said, then i would agree with you. But they were in love, he tryed something and it didnt go well so he gave up. Nothing wrong imo. At least he didnt pressed his privates against her like Ai did ;).
CripTniteSep 3, 2020 9:04 PM
May 17, 2021 3:01 AM

Oct 2012
[quote=Wannabiteme message=42789686]
Firestorm said:
jacobpaige said:

- and more that I forget

she got raped? dang OO the anime is so fluffy. I guess its like Bunny Drop where ppl prefer the anime to manga. I plan to read after the anime but i just had to look up spoilers :P
Oct 4, 2021 9:08 PM

Jul 2010
ss4chris said:

she got raped? dang OO the anime is so fluffy. I guess its like Bunny Drop where ppl prefer the anime to manga. I plan to read after the anime but i just had to look up spoilers :P

No she wasn't. MC saved her but the event still traumatized her. Also OVAs are just for Manga promotion, they couldn't cover the whole series. The same thing happened with Petshop of Horrors and Ah My Goddess back at the day (with Goddess being the only one who got tv-series out of all three).
Oct 4, 2021 9:19 PM

Oct 2012
TheMangaManiac said:
ss4chris said:

No she wasn't. MC saved her but the event still traumatized her. Also OVAs are just for Manga promotion, they couldn't cover the whole series. The same thing happened with Petshop of Horrors and Ah My Goddess back at the day (with Goddess being the only one who got tv-series out of all three).

I still need to read the manga but keep forgetting to

More topics from this board

Poll: » Video Girl Ai Chapter 131 Discussion

Laevantein - Dec 22, 2009

6 by Pepelu999 »»
Mar 31, 2022 12:34 AM

Poll: » Video Girl Ai Chapter 97 Discussion

Culex - May 4, 2018

0 by Culex »»
May 4, 2018 9:43 PM

Poll: » Video Girl Ai Chapter 54 Discussion

Klad - Dec 26, 2017

0 by Klad »»
Dec 26, 2017 3:31 AM

Poll: » Video Girl Ai Chapter 43 Discussion

Salmissra - May 19, 2013

2 by Klad »»
Dec 25, 2017 9:53 AM

» Does the manga give a more completed ending than the anime?

YaoJin - May 8, 2013

4 by Jefferson_Silva »»
Mar 17, 2017 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.