Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 10, 2015 3:06 AM
Aug 2014
I have almost marathoned this series as i got sucked into it, and it's great. Although, now that i got to the end of Seidou vs Inashiro, this shit is just taking every wrong turn. The last drop came when i saw the new ED and fucking Furuya wearing the ace number. Before that i was just utterly dissappointed this became one of those "you gotta lose big and feel despair before you can start winning and improving" clishé sports animes.

(Angry rant about the dipshit Furuya, read if you feel like it.)
Because he is like on my top 10 shittiest character list, he is the most perfect character in the show so far for no reason. He never practiced his pitch, because it's national-level for no reason again, he gets praised all the time and he never has any hardship, his backstory is so weak i can barely remember it, and his motivation is pure clishé, also his personality is annoying and bland af. Once he gets his stamina-roll or whatever the fuck he calls it, he will be invincible.

Anyway, how focused will the show be on Furuya after this, and if i really hate him, should i keep watching this? Please tell me if you are gonna spoil tho.
Nov 10, 2015 3:21 AM

Jun 2011
Lol Furuya is far from perfect. Yes, he could pitch well if he is in a good condition, but he is easily swayed and not quite optimistic. Once the opponent throws him off his game, it's not easy for him to get back to his best condition, and most probably will never be substitute back in the same game again. In the first season, he also lack a variety of pitch, which means that he has to be dependent on the catcher's lead to score.

I would agree his personality is rather bland tho.

If you don't mind spoiler, near the end of the first season, the seniors will retire and the first/second years will replace them. The protagonist goes through the same crisis for some time, and Furuya takes the lead in the mean time. He is indeed currently the ace of the team at the beginning of second season. I have heard that Sawamura will soon shine brilliantly tho, once he recovered from his yips, so look forward to that.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 10, 2015 3:25 AM

Dec 2013
Keep watching! You are about to see some beautiful moments (if u hate Furuya, oc).
Feb 3, 2016 2:07 AM

Dec 2014
We'll there are always cliche in sports anime. But past that, the matches here are just smart and engaging. At the very least this series isn't exaggerated, it's more realistic.

As for Furuya, I personally like him (though I don't know how he's the most perfect character) it's nothing new that a lot hate his character in general. He obviously isn't perfect but he knows what he lacks. However, besides the Furuya issue, I recommend you to continue watching. It's a great series. :)
LuzuNataliaFeb 3, 2016 2:39 AM
Mar 21, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
i dont know why people hate Furuya..
he is the antagonist of the story.. A certain someone that Eijun need to beat in order to become an Ace..
Ofc, he need to be more skilled than eijun.

and i dont know why you called him a perfect person.. He is pretty weak.. Make him play in consecutive game,and he probably break..

He realize this, and he also know how strong Eijun is.. And Eijun too realize that Furuya is a better pitcher than him, and the current ace of the team.

if your problem is Furuya, then keep watching S2. Eijun grows a lot in this season. Even the crowd/supporter starts to praise him.
Apr 27, 2016 7:00 AM

Jul 2014
I'm not a big fan of Furuya either and I do get annoyed with all the hype surrounding him in the story (especially now since I just caught up with the manga's Act II) but I do know that he's necessary so that Sawamura has a rival and continues to aim to be better.

Also about the cliche in sports anime, I get what you mean. I'm a big fan of sports animes and I've seen it in nearly everyone of the ones I've seen and though it makes things more easy to predict, I don't think it's an entirely bad thing.

I say continue watching it 'til the end~! If you like the story as a whole as well as its characters (even if you hate Furuya lol), it's still definitely entertaining and worth the watch.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 9, 2016 12:26 AM

Dec 2008
Furuya practiced his monster pitch for his entire childhood. It's his whole life, which is both the reason he's so boring and the reason he's so good.

Also, the team of the main characters has to fail from time to time, otherwise the plot becomes too predictable and victory would quickly lose its meaning.

And judging by scenes in the first season and what Chris has said, if Sawamura learns to control his 'moving ball' at will, he'll become nearly unstoppable. This is also true for Furuya if he learns to control his pitch and some additional breaking balls; once they get to that point, they'll be more or less equal as pitchers. Sawamura develops pretty fast, so I can easily see him becoming the ace in the near future. I personally don't really care though, I enjoy the show as it is.
VVayfarerMay 9, 2016 12:56 AM
Nov 24, 2016 2:55 AM
Dec 2015
Now, this is the perfect time to catch up to the series. Spoiler alert:

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonApr 5, 2020 12:35 AM
Mar 2, 2020 9:08 PM
Mar 2020
I'm currently watching the anime and I'm in the second act. I'm thinking of dropping it. Dont get me wrong there were some heart filled moments and I enjoy sawaumara getting better and gaining more experience but its soo long. second act and he still hasn't improve to the point of becoming ace. The anime is very slow. They havent even gone to nationals. It's like they are keeping it in highschool baseball. Theres no going further with this anime. Like beyond from just playing baseball. Their only goal is nationals and I bet I probably wont see them play nationals with the way the animes going... I wasted so much time hoping i'll get to see sawaumara gain more experience with being the ace of the team. it sometimes seems like hes not even the main character. Although he is. I dont know... I know he becomes the ace and yay but going through so much I dont feel satisfied... others may argue but this is based off of how I feel going though 97 episodes...
Apr 5, 2020 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
Cucumber12 said:
I'm currently watching the anime and I'm in the second act. I'm thinking of dropping it. Dont get me wrong there were some heart filled moments and I enjoy sawaumara getting better and gaining more experience but its soo long. second act and he still hasn't improve to the point of becoming ace. The anime is very slow. They havent even gone to nationals. It's like they are keeping it in highschool baseball. Theres no going further with this anime. Like beyond from just playing baseball. Their only goal is nationals and I bet I probably wont see them play nationals with the way the animes going... I wasted so much time hoping i'll get to see sawaumara gain more experience with being the ace of the team. it sometimes seems like hes not even the main character. Although he is. I dont know... I know he becomes the ace and yay but going through so much I dont feel satisfied... others may argue but this is based off of how I feel going though 97 episodes...
Maybe read the manga as it's better than the anime. The pacing in the anime is pretty slow and it gets worst later on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.