Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 18, 2015 10:30 PM

May 2012
All I know is that Blade Dance is the best from all these recent generic LN hs magic/battle adaptations.
Oct 19, 2015 1:17 PM

Oct 2013
bastek66 said:
Unlike Asterisk and Absolute Duo. story focuses on romance between main duo (aside duels and shit).
Unlike Kuusen Madoushi. show has decent animation.
Unlike Mahouka. protagonist isn't a robot.

Glad I could help.

All I wanted to know.
Oct 19, 2015 2:44 PM

Dec 2013
what about the fact the main character is basically the same as the one in: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Where both of the schools look at some sort of ability that they suck at making them a low class even tho they are the most op ones around.

Im not hating though, i love both animes either way but it does feel a bit of the same
Oct 19, 2015 5:32 PM
Feb 2015
b00m666 said:
what about the fact the main character is basically the same as the one in: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Where both of the schools look at some sort of ability that they suck at making them a low class even tho they are the most op ones around.

Im not hating though, i love both animes either way but it does feel a bit of the same

Ikki most op? What have you been drinking? He can only fight for 1 minute and after that he's pretty much exhausted. Plus he's trump card can only be used once a day. Tatsuya doesn't even have an ounce of those weakness in him.
Oct 20, 2015 11:23 AM
May 2014
ixarising said:
b00m666 said:

Ikki most op? What have you been drinking? He can only fight for 1 minute and after that he's pretty much exhausted. Plus he's trump card can only be used once a day. Tatsuya doesn't even have an ounce of those weakness in him.

True..and Ikki is what he is by his own choice, while Tatsuya isn't.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 25, 2015 6:13 AM

Aug 2012
I remember when stuff like Machine-doll was quite innovative.
These kinds of shows are starting to be as much as a genre as CGDCT is. We can shit out two of them each season :')
Oct 25, 2015 7:11 AM

Dec 2014
NeoAnkara said:
First about Ittou Shura. It's just an extension on Ikki already weak ability body strength. Meanwhile someone like Stella can manipulate flame and his soon to be introduced sister can manipulate water he can only manipulate his own strength and release human body restrain. You could say it's pinnacle of his training.

Theoretically, anybody can reach Ittou Shura, because anybody can reinforce their body, all they have to do is gain body control like Ikki through extremely extensive training. If you have that amount of insane concentration, you can break your body limits like Ittou Shura. However, no one except Ikki that untalented is not willing to give up and continued to search for a way to win, and the result is this technique.

And even though he's a much superior among his peers when it comes to martial arts, he is still nothing compared to Edelweiss. I think Edelweiss might have something similar to surpass body limits too, since her body control is insane as well.

For perfect vision, it's a branch off Blade Steal, and I honestly don't think anyone would bother to master that many weapons(from hand to hand to even bows), but again, theoretically, anyone would be able to reach this level if they work hard enough(not to mention that it wouldn't work or at least as well on stronger opponents, such as Moroboshi Yudai and Kinosaki Byakuya, who are also master strategists(the latter is also capable of perfect vision through extensive data-gathering, and known as Heaven's Eye for that).
GradationAirOct 25, 2015 9:07 PM
Oct 26, 2015 2:21 AM

Oct 2015
GradationAir said:

Theoretically, anybody can reach Ittou Shura, because anybody can reinforce their body, all they have to do is gain body control like Ikki through extremely extensive training. If you have that amount of insane concentration, you can break your body limits like Ittou Shura. However, no one except Ikki that untalented is not willing to give up and continued to search for a way to win, and the result is this technique.

I think you got kind of the wrong idea about Ittou Shura. I've read the first two novels, and what I understood is that every single magic user in the world possesses a certain ability that's inherent to them. Stella uses fire, Shizuku uses water; in the same way, Ikki uses physical strength. By developing his natural ability of physical strengthening, he reached the Ittou Shura, which is something like the maximum level of that ability.
In the novels, Ikki used his physical talent, which is seen by magic users as weak and useless, to develop an appropriate strength for him. This means Ikki's power comes from huge amounts of hard work upon the foundation of his physical talent.
I'd say that Ittou Shura is a unique skill which only Ikki can use. It can be mimicked, but the original Ittou Shura depends on Ikki's innate ability.
Open to discussion and opposing views. It's the best way to keep your mind in good health and shape!
Oct 26, 2015 6:34 AM

Dec 2014
Yaboku98 said:

I think you got kind of the wrong idea about Ittou Shura. I've read the first two novels, and what I understood is that every single magic user in the world possesses a certain ability that's inherent to them. Stella uses fire, Shizuku uses water; in the same way, Ikki uses physical strength. By developing his natural ability of physical strengthening, he reached the Ittou Shura, which is something like the maximum level of that ability.
In the novels, Ikki used his physical talent, which is seen by magic users as weak and useless, to develop an appropriate strength for him. This means Ikki's power comes from huge amounts of hard work upon the foundation of his physical talent.
I'd say that Ittou Shura is a unique skill which only Ikki can use. It can be mimicked, but the original Ittou Shura depends on Ikki's innate ability.

I've read all the way to Vol. 6.

Ikki's ability is physical strengthening, and the reason it is a shitty ability is that pretty much ANYONE is able to do that with their own ability. Stella is shown to be having much higher physical power. I recommend you reading the first fight between Stella and Ikki again.

Anybody can break their body limiter, even in the real word weight lifters are able to utilize their muscle power beyond normal human limits. But so far only Ikki is able to do it through sheer concentration, and even in Vol.2 when Stella is in the swimming pool, she admitted that she doesn't have the body control to reach the realm that is Ittou Shura.

If you're talking about "innate ability", then yeah, Stella's "Ittou Shura" wouldn't be the same since it would be "Ittou Shura+", because it would boost her magic power thus making her fire attacks even more powerful, on top of Ittou Shura. It would be Ittou Shura, but better.

But realistically, Stella, or anyone for that matter, wouldn't bother to learn a dangerous technique like this(which is an extreme double edged sword) when they can hone their magic abilities further, that's the REAL reason it's an unique skill that only Ikki possess. Because no one that untalented but Ikki is able to accept himself as weak, but the same time with an ambition and confidence to surpass the ones who are born strong.

And to me, that's a much more badass reason.
GradationAirOct 26, 2015 6:48 AM
Oct 26, 2015 6:40 AM

Mar 2012
^Damn you and your ability to read Japanese.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 30, 2015 3:21 PM

Jun 2015
Similarities:

Has a princess of some sorts with pink hair, who controls fire, and the MC sees her dressing or naked. Just like Blade Dance and Gakusen Toshi.

MC with no magic power, and is strong, but discriminated like Mahouka.

However, I do like how early the romance starts.
Nov 7, 2015 5:57 AM

Dec 2014
Jayden said:
Similarities:

Has a princess of some sorts with pink hair, who controls fire, and the MC sees her dressing or naked. Just like Blade Dance and Gakusen Toshi.

You have got to be kidding me.

http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wikia.com/wiki/Shiba_Tatsuya/Powers_and_Abilities

Saying that he is similar to Ikki basically saying that Tatsuya is weak but skilled and his power sucks.

b00m666 said:

Except Ikki's power literally sucks. His power is basically the inferior version of most other people's powers, and he only got to where he is because he's a hard worker. Technically speaking anybody can achieve that. If he was to switch his magic power with an ordinary Blazer's, he would become so many times stronger than he is right now. Tatsuya is born with awesome powers. Multiple of them. And if that wasn't enough, he got his brain modified to makes his awesome powers even more awesome.
GradationAirNov 7, 2015 7:29 AM
Nov 7, 2015 10:32 PM

Dec 2014
Drake1000 said:

The japanese are starting to realize dude, maybe they'll finally come to the conclusion that they've been eating up the same shit for years now, evolution is a scary thing.

I truely agree with you
Nov 7, 2015 10:46 PM

Jun 2015
GradationAir said:
Jayden said:
Similarities:

You have got to be kidding me.

http://mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei.wikia.com/wiki/Shiba_Tatsuya/Powers_and_Abilities

Saying that he is similar to Ikki basically saying that Tatsuya is weak but skilled and his power sucks.

b00m666 said:

Except Ikki's power literally sucks. His power is basically the inferior version of most other people's powers, and he only got to where he is because he's a hard worker. Technically speaking anybody can achieve that. If he was to switch his magic power with an ordinary Blazer's, he would become so many times stronger than he is right now. Tatsuya is born with awesome powers. Multiple of them. And if that wasn't enough, he got his brain modified to makes his awesome powers even more awesome.

I'm very aware of Tatsuya's abilities. You're over analyzing what I said, Tatsuya and Ikki are both discriminated against, and considered weak because of their magic power even if they actually aren't. That's all I wanted to say.
Nov 7, 2015 11:42 PM
Feb 2015
ibraheem234 said:
Drake1000 said:

The japanese are starting to realize dude, maybe they'll finally come to the conclusion that they've been eating up the same shit for years now, evolution is a scary thing.

I truely agree with you

We're into this for 6 episodes and the difference is starting to show so you saying this now is extremely meaningless.
Nov 8, 2015 12:46 AM
Sep 2014
GradationAir said:
Tatsuya is born with awesome powers. Multiple of them. And if that wasn't enough, he got his brain modified to makes his awesome powers even more awesome.

I'm pretty sure Tatsuya was born with little to no magical capabilities, which is why his mother performed that forbidden mental modification procedure in an attempt to give him powers.
Nov 8, 2015 1:39 AM
Apr 2015
fatalystic said:
GradationAir said:
Tatsuya is born with awesome powers. Multiple of them. And if that wasn't enough, he got his brain modified to makes his awesome powers even more awesome.

I'm pretty sure Tatsuya was born with little to no magical capabilities, which is why his mother performed that forbidden mental modification procedure in an attempt to give him powers.

When you really hate or like a certain show, you have the tendency to only see the thing you want to see or don't undestand it.

Mahouka had a interresting concept but they shot themself into the feet by their execution. It would have been a much better show if they showed us how Tatsuya becomes so powerfull and (emotionless) rather than what they did now. Atleast then we could have related better to the mc.
Nov 9, 2015 4:49 AM

Dec 2014
Jayden said:

I'm very aware of Tatsuya's abilities. You're over analyzing what I said, Tatsuya and Ikki are both discriminated against, and considered weak because of their magic power even if they actually aren't. That's all I wanted to say.

It's like saying "both main characters have black hair"
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HiddenBadass

and FYI, Ikki IS weak. Weak, but skilled. He is still SEVERELY out-matched in most of his major fights though.

fatalystic said:

「It is revealed that Tatsuya's powers regrowth and decomposition were influenced by the will/prayers of the Yotsuba (particularly Maya and Miya) for a superman-like savior when he was just a fetus. The Yotsuba originally celebrated his birth, but due to the destructive potential of his magic, Kuroba Juuzou proposed the idea of killing the new-born baby, Tatsuya but he was protected by Yotsuba Eisaku.[1]」

No. Tatsuya is literally Mahouka's Jesus.
GradationAirNov 9, 2015 8:03 AM
Nov 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Aug 2015
^Might want to spoiler that.
Nov 10, 2015 3:14 AM
Apr 2015
GradationAir said:

and FYI, Ikki IS weak. Weak, but skilled. He is still SEVERELY out-matched in most of his major fights though.

Tell that to Renren, the girl who is ranked as third strongest student in the academy who got stomped by him. Considering what Ikki can do, the last thing what you can call him is weak. He is extremely strong in his own right.
Nov 10, 2015 3:46 AM

Mar 2012
frenze12 said:
GradationAir said:

Tell that to Renren, the girl who is ranked as third strongest student in the academy who got stomped by him. Considering what Ikki can do, the last thing what you can call him is weak. He is extremely strong in his own right.
Renren is speedster. The moment you can catch her it's game over. In LN she mistake the reason Ikki badly beaten against Kirihara is that he cannot catch him which is untrue since the real reason is long range attack.

What's Ikki strong point is not his physical prowess but his insight on other. He is not exactly weak per see but it's true that skill > strength for him.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 10, 2015 7:05 AM
Apr 2015
NeoAnkara said:
frenze12 said:

Renren is speedster. The moment you can catch her it's game over. In LN she mistake the reason Ikki badly beaten against Kirihara is that he cannot catch him which is untrue since the real reason is long range attack.

What's Ikki strong point is not his physical prowess but his insight on other. He is not exactly weak per see but it's true that skill > strength for him.

They omitted the reason why Renren lost in the anime though.

Ikki's strong point is his physical prowess and his insight on others when crossing blades. If you saw his chart with his strong points, you realise this. What is weak is his magic. But that's like calling Bradly from FMA weak because he can't do alchemy... Big mistake...
Nov 10, 2015 8:41 AM
Feb 2015
frenze12 said:
NeoAnkara said:

They omitted the reason why Renren lost in the anime though.

Ikki's strong point is his physical prowess and his insight on others when crossing blades. If you saw his chart with his strong points, you realise this. What is weak is his magic. But that's like calling Bradly from FMA weak because he can't do alchemy... Big mistake...

They also omitted explaining that Renren's ability has a huge weakness in that once she's stop her speed is gone.
Nov 11, 2015 4:56 AM

Dec 2014
frenze12 said:

Ikki's strong point is his physical prowess.

「Stella had better lung capacity than Ikki, of course, her strength, mana, firepower; everything was far above Ikki's. 」

Okay.
Nov 11, 2015 11:41 AM
Apr 2015
GradationAir said:
frenze12 said:

Ikki's strong point is his physical prowess.

「Stella had better lung capacity than Ikki, of course, her strength, mana, firepower; everything was far above Ikki's. 」

Okay.

I said physical prowess not magical nor destructive ability. Ikki is more closer to "badass normal" compared to all the other blazers. And let's not forget the feats he did even before the anime/novel started, just ask the current director.

Besides magic, Stella's physical condition and swordmanship is lower than Ikki's. For example the first day she joined in with Ikki's training she passed out during it. It was very clear that Ikki's physical condition was higher than her's. But the anime decided to cut that out ofcourse.

I don't get it why you are so hell bent on calling him weak while facts prove otherwise.
frenze12Nov 11, 2015 12:34 PM
Nov 11, 2015 5:29 PM

Dec 2014
frenze12 said:

I said physical prowess not magical nor destructive ability. Ikki is more closer to "badass normal" compared to all the other blazers. And let's not forget the feats he did even before the anime/novel started, just ask the current director.

Besides magic, Stella's physical condition and swordmanship is lower than Ikki's. For example the first day she joined in with Ikki's training she passed out during it. It was very clear that Ikki's physical condition was higher than her's. But the anime decided to cut that out ofcourse.

I don't get it why you are so hell bent on calling him weak while facts prove otherwise.

You throw around trope names like badass normal but I'm not sure you even understand what they mean.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassNormal
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WeakButSkilled
Nov 29, 2015 2:39 AM
Dec 2013
Drake1000 said:

This show and Asterisk are quite different. They start from the same generic premise but they both go in different directions.

Asterisk is a generic battle harem where the first girl has slight favoritism in the harem rankings but the hero seemingly favors no one.

Calvary is a straight up romance. It's a harem in the sense that Ai Yori Aoshi is one. It's also got a Naruto style preachiness to it about friendship and hard work and all that jazz.

Asterisk shouldn't be the dual cour show IMO Calvary should have been. Asterisk isn't as interesting and hasn't really separated itself from it's generic premise at all.This show has far more potential.
Nov 29, 2015 2:15 PM

May 2009
stone616 said:
It's a harem in the sense that Ai Yori Aoshi is one.

Where is this harem? Ai Yoshi Aoshi had plenty of girls constantly near to MC.
Nov 29, 2015 4:41 PM
Oct 2015
stone616 said:
Asterisk shouldn't be the dual cour show IMO Calvary should have been. Asterisk isn't as interesting and hasn't really separated itself from it's generic premise at all.This show has far more potential.
The problem is, it is impossible to adapt Asterisk into a single cour anime without it ending in a bad cliffhanger.

If they adapt just 3 volumes, it will probably end at the end of Phoenix's preliminary round, or the first round of main event if they push it hard. If they adapt even less volume (2), then it will end at the formation of the loli team after Ayato's rematch against Seidoukan's rank #1. Neither is a good point to end a show.
Nov 29, 2015 7:16 PM

Oct 2015
stone616 said:
Calvary is a straight up romance. It's a harem in the sense that Ai Yori Aoshi is one. It's also got a Naruto style preachiness to it about friendship and hard work and all that jazz.

Cavalry isn't really a harem. It uses elements of the genre, but that is as far as it goes. To break things down:

- Stella and Ikki are in a romantic relationship
- Shizuku is being clingy because she wants to compensate for the Kurogane family's mistreatment of Ikki
- Ayase doesn't appear again after the Sword Eater arc. In the manga, her father actually tells Ikki that he and Ayase should marry to take over the dojo. However, Silver Link left that out in the anime
Dec 4, 2015 9:22 PM
Dec 2015
It seems to resemble some other anime because of the Swrordsmanship thing. Because lot of anime has it, but it has its own story and its story focus only on that.
Dec 4, 2015 9:24 PM
Dec 2015
Linkmstr said:
Rayzer said:
But it's actually more like this one.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22663/

Nah, Rakudai is even better than that.
Yeah i agree I did'nt watch tsukai no world break but i know rakudai is more awesome than that. I AGREE :D
Jan 17, 2016 12:53 AM

Jun 2015
The MC's background does remind me of Kazuma Yagami from Kaze no Stigma with the whole "being thrown out of the family for being weak thing."
Jan 17, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2014
RaiRyuSen said:
The MC's background does remind me of Kazuma Yagami from Kaze no Stigma with the whole "being thrown out of the family for being weak thing."

Ikki wasn't thrown out of the family when the story began though. In fact Ikki's father never shunned Ikki for being weak. Then, how Ikki and Kazuma took their weakness are different. Kazuma became a bitter person and once gave up trying to be a power user, Ikki kept going knowing he has no talent. Only resemblance is that they were both weak.
Jan 21, 2016 12:27 PM

Jun 2015
The concept of this(school, harem ecchi magic) anime is really common, I'm think atleast 1 of these come out every season. So i really wouldn't call it a ripoff not unless it's the same writer, but this is the first I've seen as far as I can remember where the MCs hook up.

You can make your own just follow these steps x)

Just stitch em all together and you have your own concept. Now you can start on your character design!

(Sorry got a little carried away there lol.)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

223 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.